Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

hatty posted:

Don’t feel like checking but is the first mystical ninja in the snes app?

Nope! It’s a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when i played the original release of perfect dark i got violently ill from motion sickness because of the choppy frame rate
Getting neuronbombed irl

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when i played the original release of perfect dark i got violently ill from motion sickness because of the choppy frame rate

it was also really blurry, probably did not help

Spellman
May 31, 2011

DK64 but rebranded as post-apoc open world

Audience score: 94%

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

correct

see also: every rare n64 game other than blast corps

Jet force Gemini slaps. How dare you.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

robot roll call posted:

Ah geez, my neighbors already called the cops this week because I called Splatoon 3 Splatoon 1.75

Hope you enjoy prison and its crummy WiFi!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zuzie posted:

Is Star Wars Episode 1: Racer eligible as a good N64 game?

heckin yes

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Blast Corpse

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Zuzie posted:

this was pod racing

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Zuzie posted:

Maybe, but the LEGO version is probably better these days and has like 10000x more content.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

404notfound posted:

Do you ever need more than one leg strap for Switch Sports?
I guess you already figured this out, but the physical version that's inexplicably $10 more expansive includes a single leg strap. So they kind of want you to have at least one, I guess.

Somewhat related but when I bought Switch Sports yesterday at Target the tech clerk was a bit shady and my receipt shows that he, somehow, applied a "non-retail" BOGO-"free" code for 5¢, so I guess I got ripped off for an amount that isn't worth dealing with and he got a free copy of the game?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

An Actual Princess posted:

goldeneye and perfect dark pwn to this day. Idiot.

weirdly aggro but ok

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I guess you already figured this out, but the physical version that's inexplicably $10 more expansive includes a single leg strap. So they kind of want you to have at least one, I guess.

Somewhat related but when I bought Switch Sports yesterday at Target the tech clerk was a bit shady and my receipt shows that he, somehow, applied a "non-retail" BOGO-"free" code for 5¢, so I guess I got ripped off for an amount that isn't worth dealing with and he got a free copy of the game?

Go back and demand the extra copy you paid for

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
How’s Skyrim on the switch? Decent load times? Ok frame rates?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yes to both. Still Skyrim and still buggy but works as well as Skyrim should

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The load times once you're in game are okay, but launching it and loading your save at the start takes like five minutes

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire was a perfect game.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Oh, just remembered Space Station Silicon Valley, the actual best N64 single player game.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Relevant Tangent posted:

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire was a perfect game.

I bought it and enjoyed it at launch (and not just because there were hardly any N64 games!), but let’s not get crazy now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best N64 game is actually San Francisco Rush

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shadow of the Empire isn't even in the top three n64 star wars games

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Snow Board Kids 1&2, and Beetle Adventure Racing were all amazing. Some of the best racing games on the N64.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the problem with Shadow of the Empire is that they front-loaded all the best missions, the back half of the game is a slog

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Augus posted:

the problem with Shadow of the Empire is that they front-loaded all the best missions, the back half of the game is a slog

WOMPASTOMPA

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The entire game is a slog but it's worth it to rope AT-ATs in 3D.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

There was some feature on my tv that made one level completely pitch black. As a kid I just thought that’s how the level was and somehow was always able to beat it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Augus posted:

The penultimate level being a sewer level was possibly the hardest any N64 game owned me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there a Switch Sports thread or is nobody here playing it?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

flavor.flv posted:

The load times once you're in game are okay, but launching it and loading your save at the start takes like five minutes

Sudden Javelin posted:

yes to both. Still Skyrim and still buggy but works as well as Skyrim should

alright, thanks for quick replies. I can live with slow initial load times as long as the rest runs decent enough. I’ve been thinking about buying it for quite some time and saw that it is on 50% sale right now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

shadows was great, but i don’t know how playable it is now? i remember watching some video about how janky and buggy it is. seems like it’d offend modern senses. but if you have nostalgia for it, it’s probably fine.

but the best 64 game is blast corps. i have such a love/hate thing with it, even now.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Extreme G is also a underrated classic.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Spacebump posted:

also trying to figure this out

maybe we should make a thread for it, I want to bowl with goons

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember REALLY wanting Rainbow Six on N64, I was really into the planning of a mission and all that. And the game delivers, but wow, is it possibly the worst version of that game.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Bowling is great, I hope they let us do the tricks lanes online at some point. I won a couple of rounds last night, in the 180 range. You absolutely have to clear your first frame or you have no way to catch up before the first cut.

Tennis was also fun, I hope at some point they let us play proper singles. I never did quite get the timing down on effectively using myself at the net. Probably won about half my games. It might be time to finally find an ethernet cord and plug this thing in.

Haven't tried these online yet, but soccer was fun with the kids. Badminton made no sense. Sword fighting was good in the same room.

Haven't tried volleyball at all yet.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
not even joking one of the main reasons i wanna hack my switch is so i can emulate the n64

none of my other handhelds can play n64 games....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want N64 emulation I think you're gonna want something a little more powerful than the Switch or you'll be disappointed.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

dk64 is fine actually

dk64 completely sucks poo poo. the only good thing about it is it was so bad it made industry and gamers alike take pause and realize that maybe these 3d collectathon platformers should not be what all video games are now, and let's knock it off and try coming up with something more interesting

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Your Computer posted:

not even joking one of the main reasons i wanna hack my switch is so i can emulate the n64

none of my other handhelds can play n64 games....

The switch can already play paper mario, what else do you even need

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh wait, of course. You want majoras mask. Respectable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'm glad that we, as a thread, have determined objectively that the N64 is simultaneously the best and worst video game console.