Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ah yes, as predicted, family birthday dinner escalated to public schools teaching the kids how to be gay and me being the bad guy for telling everyone they’re insane and need to stop watching Fox.

Also:

LeeMajors posted:

Albon, right?

Gonna have to go with Gastly on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Guze posted:

I need more episodes of Tokyo Vice.

Thanks for the reminder I'm 2 eps behind. Went to visit my brother at the in patient facility today and I'm pleased to say he seemed rested and good, long road back but I think we're on it. I'm gonna drink a mess of beers and watch some trash tv.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

Cheers mate, I know it might not seem like it but being able to discuss it here has been a boon. I'm just trying to be supportive and optimistic for family and it's hard sometimes needing a place to vent a little bit and it's been super helpful to know I can talk about it here.

I know its corny but I appreciate you all very much.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Here here bud, mostly lurked for years besides gdts and haven’t followed football much last couple years cause of real life and Vikings, but it’s always great coming to this thread and seeing old faces

Gonna take a shot and watch some Barry, to catch up to the new season, in your honor Blind

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 30, 2022

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm glad things are looking up for your brother and your family, Blind.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Cheers mate, I know it might not seem like it but being able to discuss it here has been a boon. I'm just trying to be supportive and optimistic for family and it's hard sometimes needing a place to vent a little bit and it's been super helpful to know I can talk about it here.

Hey, what are anonymous internet strangers for? :D

Glad to hear things are looking up, Blindsite.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

This thread is great to just let poo poo off our chest.

Probably says something that we have to be on an Internet forum to do it but whatever works.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1520331189785174019?s=21&t=G6e8t3_FNAcsVcRol2CkEg

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Subject matter aside I was like oh poo poo he’s gonna backflip that truck right towards the band then it was just some lovely little jump. Did not own

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Righteous Gemstones is a documentary

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Now I wanna go to a monster truck show

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

Now I wanna go to a monster truck show

I took my son a couple years ago, they're really loving loud.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I wonder if the monster truck show was advertised ahead of time, because if so I'll give some of these dudes the benefit of the doubt and assume that they went primarily for that and used the men's Christian conference angle as a way to cloak it from their wives.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I wonder if the monster truck show was advertised ahead of time, because if so I'll give some of these dudes the benefit of the doubt and assume that they went primarily for that and used the men's Christian conference angle as a way to cloak it from their wives.

Hi, it’s me. I grew up in Southwest Missouri and was drug to these conferences all the time.

Give no one there the benefit of the doubt. They’re all lovely evangelical assholes who are hypocrites and deserve nothing but scorn.

gently caress them and gently caress this conference. Morally superior dick weasels.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Monster truck shows are for hillbillies

Now SUPERCROSS events… that’s a distinguished gentleman’s sport (god they’re loud and fun)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well if we’re flexing for cool and loud motor sporting events I’ve been to several MotoGP races and a Formula 1 race when they were still V8s :smug:

I’ve had moderate hearing loss since birth, I can’t imagine hearing V8 F1 cars at normal person hearing levels without hearing protection lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Today is Cube day. I love Magic: The Gathering of Virgins :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

T-Square posted:

Well if we’re flexing for cool and loud motor sporting events I’ve been to several MotoGP races and a Formula 1 race when they were still V8s :smug:

I’ve had moderate hearing loss since birth, I can’t imagine hearing V8 F1 cars at normal person hearing levels without hearing protection lmao

and the V10s were even more ear-piercing

people bitched so much about the current engines not being as loud and continue to bitch about it to this day

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i went to a promise keepers years ago in my old life, there were no monster trucks. what a letdown.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Alaois posted:

and the V10s were even more ear-piercing

people bitched so much about the current engines not being as loud and continue to bitch about it to this day

Yeah, I haven’t heard the hybrid era cars in person but they sound pretty future-y and cool to me on TV :shrug:

Also speaking of MotoGP there’s a guy who’s first name is Maverick (Vinales?) and I saw he just unveiled his new racing helmet which is a copy of Maverick’s helmet from TopGun, it owns

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Today is Cube day. I love Magic: The Gathering of Virgins :allears:

Hell yeah Cube. I was helping a friend of mine move a few years ago and I met her boyfriend for the first time there, and found out that he had a cube. I could have been playing it all those years my friend still lived here :negative:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

C-Euro posted:

Hell yeah Cube. I was helping a friend of mine move a few years ago and I met her boyfriend for the first time there, and found out that he had a cube. I could have been playing it all those years my friend still lived here :negative:

Is there a set list of cards for a Cube, or is it something that depends on the person building it?

It seems like that would get really loving expensive (my buddy has a pauper cube that is super fun though)

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

T-Square posted:

I caught the last year of v8s at Austin’s first race. Got main straight grand stand tickets for a day and walked up during fp3 with no ear plugs in. It was painful.

The modern era cars sound fine. Motogp was best race to watch in person.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This MtG talk reminded me that I still have a pile of old cards I’ve been meaning to sell.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ozymandius1024 posted:

Is there a set list of cards for a Cube, or is it something that depends on the person building it?

It seems like that would get really loving expensive (my buddy has a pauper cube that is super fun though)

You can make a Cube with whatever parameters you want, so it can be really cheap (commons only, commons + uncommons) or really expensive (Power Cubes) or something in between, though people usually proxy out the really expensive cards. It's a project I've always wanted to try my hand at but I'd have nowhere to store it and no one to play it with :(

Bird in a Blender posted:

This MtG talk reminded me that I still have a pile of old cards I’ve been meaning to sell.

The MTG Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA Mart is a pretty good resource for selling cards, though be forewarned that you might just be sitting on a pile of junk. Do you remember when you were playing?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember as a kid seeing the massive monster truck rally commercials as a kid and wanting to go, my parents never took me.

Then I remember seeing a news story about a kid who was at a show and a piece of metal shrapnel once went flying from one of the trucks and hit the kid, killing them, and uh, I never wanted to go again.

Edit: that event happened in 2009, so I'm misremembering my childhood, oops

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We were very different children even if you were remembering it right because that would have made me double down on insisting on going to a monster truck rally. The thought of mortal danger would have made it more exciting to child me.

I never wanted to go to a monster truck rally but I do remember wanting to go to a demolition derby.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

I caught the last year of v8s at Austin’s first race. Got main straight grand stand tickets for a day and walked up during fp3 with no ear plugs in. It was painful.

The modern era cars sound fine. Motogp was best race to watch in person.

Hey that’s the one I was at lol. We were at the turn 12 bleachers, so two hours of the cars coming in at full tilt and blasting down through all their gears got to be pretty rough even with ear plugs

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

C-Euro posted:

The MTG Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA Mart is a pretty good resource for selling cards, though be forewarned that you might just be sitting on a pile of junk. Do you remember when you were playing?

It’s a lot of junk, but I have a few I think are worth a little. A couple years back I sold some to a game store, but they only bought like 10 cards. I have mostly Revised and 4th edition stuff, and some various other sets from that time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Righteous Gemstones is a documentary

I feel like it's been received less as an indictment and more as a challenge to up the ante.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

seiferguy posted:

I remember as a kid seeing the massive monster truck rally commercials as a kid and wanting to go, my parents never took me.

Then I remember seeing a news story about a kid who was at a show and a piece of metal shrapnel once went flying from one of the trucks and hit the kid, killing them, and uh, I never wanted to go again.

Edit: that event happened in 2009, so I'm misremembering my childhood, oops

We saw a monster truck/mud bog inside the UNO Lakefront arena, which was too small for a full distance run. In the early 80s they did not have remote cutoffs, nor did they block off front rows.

So 9 year old me and my Dad sat right where the trucks were aiming, in the very front row. It was...spicy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s a lot of junk, but I have a few I think are worth a little. A couple years back I sold some to a game store, but they only bought like 10 cards. I have mostly Revised and 4th edition stuff, and some various other sets from that time.

4th Edition and Revised stuff isn't super-noteworthy, especially if another game store has already picked through your collection. Feel free to PM the stuff that you think is valuable, or if you need a hand evaluating things.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I can't believe this footage is real

Drones and cameras have come a very long ways and it's leading to applications I never imagined

(Andover, KS tornado whipping through a suburb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdFh8nYMgM

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

Hey that’s the one I was at lol. We were at the turn 12 bleachers, so two hours of the cars coming in at full tilt and blasting down through all their gears got to be pretty rough even with ear plugs

That sounds like heaven, but I also have a video from being right near a Mazda 787 being warmed up that I will watch just for endorphins occasionally.

Last race I went to was Super GT, and those sound surprisingly good for turbo 4s, but my dad and I are starting to plan out Le Mans soon :gritin:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Sure, spending $60 for a bunch of curry spices is a lot but it's worth it. I'm gonna spend the summer making a ton of Indian food and spicing up my roasted veggies and baked chicken.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hell yeah, my dad badly wants to go to the Vintage 24 Hours of Daytona and it’s sounding like we’re gonna go this fall. I saw a 3.0 CSL do a demo lap at like half throttle at Sebring many years ago and it sounded like a demon out of hell, I would love to hear one of those go full tilt.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

F1 V10s were pure aural sex and I can’t believe we don’t get to hear it again. Just the peak of automotive engineering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Instagram is offering me an advert from Christie’s with a deinonychus skeleton for sale, which a) means their algorithm is all out of whack if they think I can afford any sort of dinosaur skeleton and b) seems kinda hosed up to me, for some reason?