Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Expensive if you're comparing it to Red Rose or Lipton, which sell in packages of 100, while Twinings sells in packages of 20 for ~~ the same price. But we're still talking less than 5 bucks.

It's always weird to me that the British (and others) were responsible for atrocities on a global scale to ensure supplies of things like sugar and tea that are now an afterthought on a trip to the grocery store.

e: that's a terrible snipe

AITA for telling my husband that if he checked his blood-sugar at home, He wouldn't have ruined the evening?

quote:

My F/30 husband M/34 has diabetes, He checks his blood-sugar regularly but I have no idea why he didn't before we went out to meet some of my friends in the evening.

I went to see some friends at an art museum and he came with me since all my friends had their partners go with them as well. while we were on tour, he kept whispering in my ear that he was suspecting his blood-sugar was low and he needed to eat. I was dumbfounded I asked if he checked his blood-sugar before we left and he said no. I admit I was mad at him because this was neglect but he said that it didn't matter anyway since it's been 4hrs and he needed something to eat because he was feeling unbalanced. I told him we couldn't just leave the tour to go get food and asked him to hang on for a little longer. 10 minutes went by and then out of nowhere he fainted. it was horrific, but he regained his strength shortly after and some people helped by offering water and food. The tour was cut short and we had to leave early, dinner was cancelled in the process which made me somewhat irritated because I felt like the entire evening was ruined and none of this would've happened had he done what he was supposed to do and checked his blood-sugar. He got offended and started arguing with saying that I was at fault for igniring him when he complained about feeling unwell, then said the doctor advised against him staying without for long periods of time which is "what I did" meaning making him wait to eat. He tried to insist it was my fault and claimbed I cared more about a get-together with my friends than his health. I replied that because of him, my friends will start excluding me from events just to avoid what happened earlier. he saide F them then which I didn't appreciate because I care about them.

We've both been arguing about what happened and he keeps saying he was sick and tired of me having my priorities messed up but i think it's unfair because he's an adult and can look after himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Piell posted:

AITA for introducing myself to my boyfriend's family

Based off only this, op is a piece of poo poo for potentially forcing his boyfriend out of the closet and the boyfriend is a piece of poo poo for not making it clear he's not ready to come out of the closet to his parents / at large.

NTA, the only thing that sucks here is homophobia.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

He’s trying to take care of himself you told him not too because somehow him quietly leaving to address it instead of having a medical emergency would embarrass you lol

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

value-brand cereal posted:

Based off only this, op is a piece of poo poo for potentially forcing his boyfriend out of the closet and the boyfriend is a piece of poo poo for not making it clear he's not ready to come out of the closet to his parents / at large.

NTA, the only thing that sucks here is homophobia.

I think if there's anyone in the world who you actually have to tell that you're in the closet, it's the guy you're dating. The OP didn't mention anything that actually made it clear that his boyfriend's parents didn't know he was dating a man.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

He’s trying to take care of himself you told him not too because somehow him quietly leaving to address it instead of having a medical emergency would embarrass you lol

OP is terrible, but he also sounds like the kind of guy who just kind of wanders through life having a major medical condition without taking very basic precautionary steps that many people with the same condition do every day.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I'm no expert on diabetes management, but can't you keep a chocolate bar or something in your bag in case of emergency?

Not that his wife isn't pretty bizarrely horrible.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

OP is terrible, but he also sounds like the kind of guy who just kind of wanders through life having a major medical condition without taking very basic precautionary steps that many people with the same condition do every day.

She says he usually does everything, it sounds like he made a mistake this time. I think she would have mentioned it.

I could also see her being “embarrassed” by him bringing along emergency sugar or supplies too given how unconcerned she seems to be. It was an emergency the moment he was getting faint at all and 4 HOURS is insane to drag someone with a medical condition like that through.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I mean even if you're embarrassed about it, the dude can just excuse himself to go to the washroom and step around the corner to eat something. Kind of an insane way to treat your husband lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Reddit seems to think ESH but it’s the diabetic making a easy to make mistake vs a repeated lack of caring that their spouse could die because it would “ruin the evening” for some event that sounds awful.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone that says something would "ruin the evening" when the something is medical is almost automatically the rear end in a top hat.

AITA For Making A "Pregnancy Jar"?

quote:

My husband and I have been married for 6 years. Still don't have kids (we want them but it still not happening). Friends and family are causing us constant stress about having a baby soon but it's obviously something we can't control. We only wished that they'd stop but to no avail.

So what I did was come up with idea (stupid I know) and that is have an empty jar and call it "Pregnancy Jar". I carry it with me in my bag whenever I'm with friends and family and everytime someone asks about when my husband and I are gonna have a baby, I pull my Jar out and ask them to drop a dollar in there for asking. I'd get puzzled looks but they reach out for their pockets/wallets/purses and pull out a dollar and out it inside the jar. It actually worked because most of thrm stopped asking after 4 months.

Last week we had dinner at my parents house, My brother came back from his business trip that lasted a month and while we were eating he asked when me and my husband were going to have a kid. My husband paused, I got up from the chair and made my way to where my brother was sitting with my jar in my hand and asked him to drop a dollar for the question he asked, he stared at me then laughed nervously asking if I was being serious. Everyone was looking at us. He said no, he didn't have to pay me but I told him he didn't have to ask either so here we are!. I could tell he felt embarrassed he immediately reached out to his pocket, pulled out his wallet and put a dollar in my jar. I made my way back to my seat and sat down and resumed eating like nothing happened. It got awkward afterward. Mom pulled me into the kitchen later to tell me that I embarrassed my brother infront of his wife and family and said I should quit acting childish by running around with a jar demanding others to put money in it, I told her they should quit asking then. She went on about how they're just worried for us since we are in mid 30s and don't have much time left if we want at least one healthy baby. I got upset and she started arguing. My husband and I left and we haven't seen them in days, except I got a call from my sister basically siding with mom and the others saying I'm being childish.

So AITA for this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Need to know how much is in the jar first

Also if you have been trying unsuccessfully for SIX YEARS please go see a doctor

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

One or both of them knows/suspects their own infertility but it'll never be addressed because a combo of their own long standing desires and the constant badgering for babies has made an inability to into something relationship destroying.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

Need to know how much is in the jar first

Also if you have been trying unsuccessfully for SIX YEARS please go see a doctor

Just enjoy that DINK lifestyle.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cloacamazing! posted:

What does that even mean? People will see a man buy period products and assume he's buying them for his wife/girlfriend/daughter, if they even notice him at all. Does he think people will see that and go "Ooooh, this man is buying period stuff! He must have a vagina!" or what? Like, he'll touch one box of pads and suddenly an entire gang of bullies appears and starts calling him a girl?

i think i finally get it.

if a man shows up in a store and buys feminine products and nothing else, it strongly suggests that he went to the store because a woman told him to. women are lower-status, so when a man goes out of his way for one, that lowers his status. so that has to be balanced against any so-called "pain" that a child in his care is experiencing.

in short, death.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's always weird to me that the British (and others) were responsible for atrocities on a global scale to ensure supplies of things like sugar and tea that are now an afterthought on a trip to the grocery store.

e: that's a terrible snipe

AITA for telling my husband that if he checked his blood-sugar at home, He wouldn't have ruined the evening?

It's not clear but assuming they didn't drive 1-2 hours to spend the same amount of time there 4 hours in an art museum would fall under Geneva Conventions for "inhumane treatment of prisoners"

Unless it's the entire body of work of every famous Dutch Master that has never before been seen including recovered Nazi theft art, no loving way, and even then give me a booklet to read when I feel like it.

How bougie do you have to be where a) you want to go on guided tours of art b) 4 hours standing and walking around starting at things is a remotely appealing activity and c) there wasn't a single break for refreshments, coffee, water etc?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The thing is about toxic masculinity is that any expression of having any aspect of existence outside literal cartoon characters is fair grounds for being murdered for your offense. There is no way to win.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i assume anyone buying tampons, whether they're a man or regular type person, are buying them for use in survival situations, presumably they're outdoor survivalists, hikers, big camperheads, etc.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

lol. how do the mods there have such thin skin?

Mods can't suspend an account. That's something paid reddit staff does for violating site wide rules.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

if you buy tampons or pads you're judged for not using cups instead. "this rear end in a top hat doesn't care about the environment," the cashier grumbles internally.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

tired gay and dead posted:

I think if there's anyone in the world who you actually have to tell that you're in the closet, it's the guy you're dating. The OP didn't mention anything that actually made it clear that his boyfriend's parents didn't know he was dating a man.

That's fair and true. I just checked the op comments on reddit and...

claypolejr
INFO. Has he come out to his parents?

justletmebe11
Op ·
I think so, I guess. He wasn't in the closet when I met him so I'll assume he is.

If it's not about being in the closet, it's probably the age gap. Or maybe a combination of that and the parents being christian. High odds they didn't know their only son is an f slur and isn't ok with that. Even if they're publicly ok with 'the gays'. You know what I mean? Though again, it's all conjecture on my part. Poor op.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

pentyne posted:

4 hours in an art museum would fall under Geneva Conventions for "inhumane treatment of prisoners"

How bougie do you have to be where... 4 hours standing and walking around starting at things is a remotely appealing activity
lol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

i think i finally get it.

if a man shows up in a store and buys feminine products and nothing else, it strongly suggests that he went to the store because a woman told him to. women are lower-status, so when a man goes out of his way for one, that lowers his status. so that has to be balanced against any so-called "pain" that a child in his care is experiencing.

in short, death.

periods are icky and gross ew yucky is the actual reason

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

periods are icky and gross ew yucky is the actual reason

then why does he want her to go to the store with him?

actually, that question also undercuts my theory...:thunk:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

tired gay and dead posted:

I'm no expert on diabetes management, but can't you keep a chocolate bar or something in your bag in case of emergency?

Not that his wife isn't pretty bizarrely horrible.

Glucose tablets are made for that exact reason, they're like $3.79 / 50 tablets at Walmart.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

then why does he want her to go to the store with him?

actually, that question also undercuts my theory...:thunk:

its so she can do it so he doesn't have to because periods are icky and gross ew yuck

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the theory has been debunked, but I do remember one of my college professors, when we were doing a prehistory mythology unit, mentioned that there was evidence that women led a lot of those small groups and tribes. Now there could be several reasons for it of course, but the one he had in mind was simple: blood. The red stuff that comes out of you when you're hurt. If a man bleeds, and often bleeds a lot, he dies. But a woman bleeds every month and doesn't die. And other times she bleeds quite a bit and a new person comes out. So women's blood is different than man's blood.

Of course thank you patriarchy and people realizing exactly how babies are made, thank you shepherds, I think a lot of that has culturally been distilled down to a woman's body is only useful in terms of how it can please a man. So if part of her body is "gross yucky off limits", that's bad. Her pain doesn't enter into the equation.

I don't think my dad, for his faults, ever made mention of how gross menstruation was to him. I don't believe he ever went out and bought any kind of sanitary supplies because it was my mom's job of course. So I think for a lot of dudes it's like that: it's never something they have to deal with personally, and if a woman does, then it's gross and disgusting and it limits his fun, so why would he want to think about it.

It must be super exhausting to be some of these man children, to want and hate something so much at the same time.

Edit: anyone else remember the episode of King of the Hill when Hank Hill was babysitting his neighbors daughter, who was like 10 or 11, and she got her first period? Now this being Hank Hill of course, he couldn't actually tell her much but she already knew the basics, even if he did take her to an emergency room, he did take her to a store next, had her go down the aisle to buy the supplies herself, but when she started crying he did go and help her. I mean this is Hank hill, we cut him some slack.

I think that episode was the first time I ever heard menstruation talked about on tv. The first time I read about it was in that book "are you there god? It's me margaret." And that was far more confusing to me because it kept talking about belts and things, leading me to believe you wore a second set of pants when you had your period, and all I could dread was how bad that would be in the summertime.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 30, 2022

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Dude should have checked his blood sugar, he messed up.

But it sounds like does generally check it, he just forgot or was rushed or something? Dude should have had a sugar tablet or something in his pocket.

Also, presumably his wife carries a purse? If your partner was pass-out diabetic why the gently caress wouldn't you carry a little tube of sugar tablets or hard candies or something in your purse? Yeah yeah, he isn't entitled to that but does she want her partner to live?? He's not imposing on some random person, isn't she supposed to make some effort to help him, especially given ample warning?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Reddit seems to think ESH but it’s the diabetic making a easy to make mistake vs a repeated lack of caring that their spouse could die because it would “ruin the evening” for some event that sounds awful.

Yeah. To err is human, to have disdain for your spouse and no concern for their well-being is to be a reddit OP

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Uncle Enzo posted:

But it sounds like does generally check it, he just forgot or was rushed or something? Dude should have had a sugar tablet or something in his pocket.

Also, presumably his wife carries a purse? If your partner was pass-out diabetic why the gently caress wouldn't you carry a little tube of sugar tablets or hard candies or something in your purse? Yeah yeah, he isn't entitled to that but does she want her partner to live?? He's not imposing on some random person, isn't she supposed to make some effort to help him, especially given ample warning?

For what it's worth, the constant management is subject to fatigue. I keep sugar in the car and typically plan ahead in ensuring there are food options etc, but sometimes you get into a situation where you forget or were planning for ten other things. This generally isn't a life or death situation. Unless you're going up the cabin in the woods or camping there's no reason you can't step out for a bit to grab a sode or something. Diabetes guy didn't "mess up", his spouse is just an inconsiderate rear end in a top hat.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Uncle Enzo posted:

Correct on all points, my partner is a lovely person who carries glucose tabs in their backpack for me in case I get caught without any.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Piell posted:

AITA for introducing myself to my boyfriend's family

There was an update.

quote:

Update
My bf is back home safe and sound thank God. Thank you guys for all the comments it really helped put things in perspective for me and I do admit I can be quite naive so I did apologise to him when he came back. We talked quite a bit even though he had actually told his parents about me, he had made them believe I was a "she" just lied by omission hence their reaction. His parents know he'sinto guys they just didn't expect him to actually be "into guys" I don't know if that makes sense and he just didn't have it in him to change their mind about it. According to him he was angry because eye was bidding his time to actually tell them that I was a man and I messed it up. He broke up with me apparently this isn't something he can move away from and he would rather choose peace with his parents. I really don't know how I feel right now, sad, used idk just messed up in the head. It's weird I feel I'm under reacting to what he said but no idea how to react. He packed some few things to stay at a friends house so I have enough time to clear out my stuffs. I wish I had good news but thank you for the advices

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for 'belittling' my friends grief after she named her daughter after my deceased one, and refusing to be her daughters godmother?

quote:

I have 4 children, with my youngest Luli having past away 3 years ago at 2 years old. One of my close friends since high school 'Jane' was Lulis godmother, although she wasn't heavily involved in our lives as she was a chronic traveller.

Last month, Jane had her first child. They kept the gender a secret but Jane and I talked everything babies together as I'm her closest friend who has children, including names. When we talked baby names, Jane said she wasn't going to do middle names for her kids as she found them pretentious. During this time, Jane asked if I would be her kids godmother, and I said yes. When her baby was born, her partner sent me a text letting me know they were both healthy and the baby was a girl.

The next day, Jane posted a 'baby reveal' on facebook and revealed the name of her baby, whose middle name was Luli. I was obviously in shock as Jane had never mentioned giving her daughter a middle name, let along the same name as my kid. Then on instagram, she posted the typical baby reveal photo holding her baby's hand with the caption 'Luli' with a white heart. This was honestly too much for me so I turned off my phone. Nearly two weeks later, Jane reached out to my husband and asked if I was alright as she wasn't able to get in touch with me and asked me to come by and meet her daughter. I almost didn't but decided that maybe there was some explanation and agreed to come over. When Jane asked if I wanted to come over, she asked if I wanted to come over 'to meet Luli'.

We made small talk and when she put down her daughter for a nap, I brought it up and asked why her daughter's middle name is Luli. Jane told me she loved the name Luli since I'd used it, and since she was Luli's godmother, she used it as her daughters middle name to honor my daughter. I asked why she didn't tell me she was planning on honoring my daughter, and that I was blindsided finding out via social media. She told me she had just given birth and was recovering from the experience (which I 100% understand), but when I asked if she had decided to honor my daughter before or after she'd given birth, she asked me to leave.

A few days later she called and talked to me about her daughter's upcoming christening and our role as godparents. I cut her off and told her that I was sorry but I wasn't able to be her kids godmother. She didn't take this well and claimed that she was allowed to honor my daughter as she was her godmother, I can't 'hog her grief', and that I can't prevent everyone from using the name Luli just because my dead daughter had the same name.

So I'm here on reddit for an outsider pov. I obviously can't claim the name Luli nor do I want to micromanage how someone else grieves. I'm definitely not looking at this from an unbiased perspective and if I'm overreacting or being irrational overing this, I want to change that. AITA? Also before it gets mentioned, I've been in therapy since Luli was sick so I don't need that recommendation - I'm already on it.

Edit - comment for further context

The whole time I was over there, they only referred to her as Luli. I felt awful because they were obviously so excited about having their first kid and rightfully fawning over her and I wanted to feel happy for them, but it felt awful hearing 'Luli looks like she needs a nap', 'aw look how cute little Luli looks' etc. From what I've seen in person and also online from their families, it definitely seems that while it's her middle name, it's intended to be the name she goes by. Jane's mother and close relatives all calls her Luli on their facebooks.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for threatening to evict my estranged dad and his family from the house they currently live in?
Some background:

quote:

My parents divorced when I was 10 because dad quit his job and refused to work so he can gamble and drink all day. Our country has crappy laws about child support so mom had to support my sister and me on her own. Growing up I tried reconnecting with my dad but it felt like all effort to reconcile was from me. So I eventually gave up and minimized contact. I kept in touch with dad’s side of the family - his siblings and my cousins. I have a good relationship with them.

Fast forward to now my sister and I are living comfortable lives. Our parents remarried. My mom married a nice man and they live overseas.

Five years ago, dad married a girl who’s the same age as my younger sister. She was horrible. Whenever my sister would reach out to our dad, she'd get pissed and accuse my sister of trying to "steal" him. They have a son and I’ve been nice to him. But because our dad’s wife continued her rotten streak, my sister and I decided to cut ties with them.

Dad’s mom died last year. A few months ago my aunt (dad’s older sister, who’s in-charge of their parents’ assets) called to tell us about our grandmother’s will. Our grandfather is also dead btw. All our grandparents’ assets have been divided among grandkids and I got my grandparents’ house - the house where my father and his family live. Since I live miles away from the said house and have no plans of moving there, my aunt suggested I sell it and keep the money for myself.

My aunt was pretty insistent that I sell the house because she said it’s what my grandmother would want. My dad neglected her during the last years of her life and put her in a home. He also apparently sold her burial lot to buy drugs. So I agreed to sell the house since it's my inheritance after all.

I haven’t sold the house yet but I called my dad to tell him about it so they can start looking for a house. I wanted to give him a heads up and told him they can stay as long as I don't have a buyer yet. My dad was obviously not pleased but he didn't argue. Meanwhile, his wife got angry and called to scream at me, saying I was being selfish and that I didn’t need the house. She let slip that her parents and siblings also live there, so basically freeloading off it. She tried to make me feel guilty because now they have to rent. I ignored her. Then she went on harassing me via text and called me names. At this point, I got pissed so I told her that if she doesn’t stop harassing me, I will have them evicted ASAP even if no one is buying the house yet.

My dad found out and he told me I was an AH to his wife. His siblings found out and they had my back. They said that his wife was never nice to them. And apparently, she’s the one who persuaded my dad to remove my grandmother from her own house and put her in an elderly home so her own family can move in.

AITA?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for threatening to evict my estranged dad and his family from the house they currently live in?
Some background:

Turn that threat into action!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Cowslips Warren posted:

This might be projection, but I'm pretty sure the same dad would have very little issue with buying condoms for his son.

I am forever amazed at how infant-like men can be about menstruation. You're only here because of that! Show some loving respect and be happy you don't suffer every month for the rest of your life!

but if i buy them everyone will point and laugh about how im buying them for my vagina and im a girl then i would cry. as a big strong burly man who fears nothing, I

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

Some background:

hm, maybe OP should evict them before they destroy the house out of spite

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

run on sentience posted:

Comment from OP lol:

"He has been drinking more often after he lost his job but I know for a fact that he's not drinking while driving my car. I would never allow him to do that. That'd be huge deal where I live."

"Bizarre that every time he takes my car, it comes back trashed and looking like he's gotten into an accident with it. But he's definitely not drinking and driving! I would never let him, let's just skip over how I plan on making sure he doesn't."

Hughlander posted:

AITA for 'belittling' my friends grief after she named her daughter after my deceased one, and refusing to be her daughters godmother?

I'm gonna go with NTA because that's a pretty major thing to get blindsided with, and OP is already working on processing their grief in therapy, and it's not unreasonable to go "Okay, no, I can't handle hearing my dead child's name constantly invoked". Plus, the friend's refusal to discuss whether she decided to use that name before or after giving birth, to the point of demanding OP leave when she asked, is pretty drat sus. I'd put good money on the friend having decided well beforehand and hoping that she could :decorum: OP into being okay with it.

Charity Porno
Aug 2, 2021

by Hand Knit

Foo Diddley posted:

hm, maybe OP should evict them before they destroy the house out of spite

They'll do it anyhow on their way out, that house is turbofucked.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hughlander posted:

give me your grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tinytort posted:

"Bizarre that every time he takes my car, it comes back trashed and looking like he's gotten into an accident with it. But he's definitely not drinking and driving! I would never let him, let's just skip over how I plan on making sure he doesn't."

I'm gonna go with NTA because that's a pretty major thing to get blindsided with, and OP is already working on processing their grief in therapy, and it's not unreasonable to go "Okay, no, I can't handle hearing my dead child's name constantly invoked". Plus, the friend's refusal to discuss whether she decided to use that name before or after giving birth, to the point of demanding OP leave when she asked, is pretty drat sus. I'd put good money on the friend having decided well beforehand and hoping that she could :decorum: OP into being okay with it.

yea that's loving insane behavior that super clearly was pre-planned long ago. The idea she should just be cool with hearing her dead daughter's name constantly about another baby is absurd