Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I said come in! posted:

I will be a fan of Elon Musk if he kills Twitter.

Same. Otherwise, I can't imagine giving a single poo poo about this whole Musk/Twitter thing. I'd rather spend my energy playing with my kids, enjoying hobbies or fuckin'and suckin' than worrying about ol' Musky and his hair plugs taking over the worst site on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He really hates his Dad's interview where he talks about the emerald mine thing. Elon tries so hard to make himself look like the "came from nothing" success story. I guess he hates his dad in general though

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wow, your indifference is so cool :rolleyes:

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

smh can't believe so many people are hating the guy who invented tunnels

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/cpoliticditto/status/1519779425029701633

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

also, elon musk is the next iteration of donald trump

gonna lol when he lobbies to get the constitution changed so he can run and his buttlicking goobers all bend over backwards to make it happen

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Elon wears his hairplugs like a crown
He calls himself Jesus

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Same. Otherwise, I can't imagine giving a single poo poo about this whole Musk/Twitter thing. I'd rather spend my energy playing with my kids, enjoying hobbies or fuckin'and suckin' than worrying about ol' Musky and his hair plugs taking over the worst site on the internet.

great that we have a better class of poster, simply above it all, on teh general bullshit forum of somethingawful.com

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i dont even own a twitter :smug:

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

i deactivated the twitter account i used to shitpost about baseball.

but that account also followed Katy Perry and Barrack Obama. my lifestyle does make a difference.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you were supposed to wait until the sale went through. now they'll never understand the message you were trying to send. timing is everything!!

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I am glad he recognizes that Trump is true president and the election was stolen by nazis like zelenskyy.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
OTOH deplatforming trump because he's whining about narrowly losing an election makes it looks like you've got something to hide, as opposed to letting him whine and mocking him for it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lDDQD posted:

OTOH deplatforming trump because he's whining about narrowly losing an election makes it looks like you've got something to hide, as opposed to letting him whine and mocking him for it.

very true, and also begs the question, what exactly is Jeffrey of YOSPOS hiding from us???
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?adminid=&actfilt=-2&ban_month=&ban_year=#list

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I haven't paid attention, did this really happen? Does Elon own Twitter?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if you aren't sure, just check this URL https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

if you aren't sure, just check this URL https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

account suspended, so maybe?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Not yet. The deal is gonna take months to go through.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KitConstantine posted:

Not yet. The deal is gonna take months to go through.

his car company succeeded despite him. I cannot wait until he takes control of a web 2.0 site.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Looks like deal to buy Twitter is on hold because Twitter has claimed less than 5% of users are bots/spam accounts and Musk wants that to be investigated or something.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1525049369552048129

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-technology-social-media-64b8534f53aa0213fbfd2245bacd6109

Meanwhile a study back in 2017 showed 15% of twitter's active accounts are bots and they called that a conservative estimate. I would guess it's gone up a lot given the big advances in NLP and text generation. Ironically some of which is developed at OpenAI (a company Musk helped found)

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/new-study-says-almost-15-percent-of-twitter-accounts-are-bots/

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I wonder with the exodus, and apparent increase in Nazibots if the percentage of real users was effected. I wouldn't put it past ol' Elon to have paid a few million to set up a massive bot farm to decrease that percentage.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol he bought his mom a cover page on the SI swimsuit issue

https://swimsuit.si.com/swimsuit/model/maye-musk-2022-belize

quote:

Maye Musk was photographed in Belize by Yu Tsai for SI Swimsuit in 2022, along with Jasmine Sanders, Hunter McGrady, Kate Bock, Natalie Mariduena and Leyna Bloom.

Canadian-born Musk is a legend in the modeling industry with a career spanning over 50 years. In 2017, Musk became CoverGirl’s oldest spokesmodel at age 69 and released a memoir about her experiences titled A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty, and Success. The record-breaking model made her first SI Swimsuit appearance in 2022, landing the cover the same year. Musk has three successful children including film producer Tosca Musk, restaurateur Kimbal Musk and billionaire Elon Musk.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

lDDQD posted:

On the third hand not having Donald Trump's fat stupid face and dumbass thoughts constantly shoved in my face in the form of embedded tweets and news headlines has done wonders for my sanity. I really don't want to go back to the bad old days when he was inescapable.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Looking increasingly likely like he's trying to find reasons to back out.

Probably because he's realising 'clout' and his billionaire buddies egging him on, isn't worth blowing 40+Billion goddamn dollars on Twitter.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Deptfordx posted:

Probably because he's realising 'clout' and his billionaire buddies egging him on, isn't worth blowing 40+Billion goddamn dollars on Twitter.

The next larger shareholders of Tesla are also probably going "what the gently caress dude?" as their share price steadily decreases

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Blastedhellscape posted:

I really don't want to go back to the bad old days when he was inescapable.

I didn't know I wanted to go back to the bad old days until I read this post!

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

I saw an opinion piece which I think summed it up well, basically that Elon is enjoying the experience and attention from being seen to be buying Twitter, together with all of the twists and turns he himself is orchestrating, rather than because he has an earnest interest in acquiring it.

He likes pushing buttons, actually buying Twitter without any real plan to make money from it, or even know what it is in due diligence terms, is very much on brand for him.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Durzel posted:

I saw an opinion piece which I think summed it up well, basically that Elon is enjoying the experience and attention from being seen to be buying Twitter, together with all of the twists and turns he himself is orchestrating, rather than because he has an earnest interest in acquiring it.

He likes pushing buttons, actually buying Twitter without any real plan to make money from it, or even know what it is in due diligence terms, is very much on brand for him.

Wish he would just launch himself to Mars already. Will get him attention for the rest of his life if he does that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

lol he bought his mom a cover page on the SI swimsuit issue

https://swimsuit.si.com/swimsuit/model/maye-musk-2022-belize

i lmao'd reading her wiki where I saw this CWC Wiki-rear end line

quote:

Maye Musk appeared alongside her son Elon on Saturday Night Live on May 8, 2021, the day before Mother's Day. Elon Musk said his mother's name is spelled like the month of May except with an "e" at the end.[20]

im working with this theory, that you can read any elon quote as chris chan or vice versa, and it works

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Deptfordx posted:

I don't think he can legally back out according to what I have read. He's basically screwed himself over to own the libs.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1527339663857373198?t=2MlNQyGvzBluOuZ4oW4_YQ&s=19

Big change from oh no Elon is buying twitter

to

Lol lmao Elon is buying twitter

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Cut to Musk screaming "It was just a prank bro!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hamelekim posted:

I don't think he can legally back out according to what I have read. He's basically screwed himself over to own the libs.

I thought he could, he’d just have to pay a billion dollar fine.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hamelekim posted:

do you think he'd go to prison if he dropped the deal

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I think the reasons he could back out were limited if I remember correctly. Just wanting to wasn't a valid reason.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he can back out until he's actually bought it, that's what that means. There's a penalty clause in the agreement, but that just costs him money it's not like he'd go to prison or anything

Watch him try to weasel out of paying the penalty as well. Just drag it to court and get it stuck in litigation for years.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zil posted:

Watch him try to weasel out of paying the penalty as well. Just drag it to court and get it stuck in litigation for years.

he may well, which will also cost an unthinkable amount of money, none of which will ever come close to materially affecting him regardless

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he may well, which will also cost an unthinkable amount of money, none of which will ever come close to materially affecting him regardless

True. I just want the banks to do their margin call already.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Rinkles posted:

They can sue him afterwards for a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

44 billion and didn't bother to actually check bot statistics or how much of a huge pain moderation at that scale is