Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I gather whenever my stronghold ships get busted and that’s about it. I barely leave the capital cities in general though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Speaking of life skills, anyone know a good area to farm/level up gathering and mining? Only level 20ish so punikas out. A circle path ideally so I can mindlessly do it while watching Netflix or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Speaking of life skills, anyone know a good area to farm/level up gathering and mining? Only level 20ish so punikas out. A circle path ideally so I can mindlessly do it while watching Netflix or something.

Lullaby island.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Cinara posted:

I actually don't because it's not really worth my time.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all, but then at some point you have to reflect that like 90% of the systems in this game are grindy bullshit that are pretty questionably worth engaging with. Rapport, all the myriad collectibles....

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Oh I fully agree, and thankfully life skills I can attach a direct gold value to and decide that way. At this point none of them are worth enough gold to me to be worth the time spent doing them.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Cinara posted:

Oh I fully agree, and thankfully life skills I can attach a direct gold value to and decide that way. At this point none of them are worth enough gold to me to be worth the time spent doing them.

Spida island with the mining bombs at mining 30.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Meteora island for mining

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Assuming you mean level 20 life skills, Punika is still fine. The center area of Tideshelf Path has trees, plants, ore, and hunting and they all respawn quickly. You will occasionally spawn a purple node that you won’t be able to tag but there are so many in the area that it has never been a problem for me. There’s usually several instances of the zone too so you can hop around if needed. There aren’t any mobs either so you don’t have to deal with that at all.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Rohendal/feiton/punika (tideself or starsand near the fruit farm (channel hop after doing a rotation)) are all ok for mining. Herbs/mining you can kind of do in the area south/southwest of moake, but that's more of an excavation loop.

South Vern is surprisingly decent for certain lifeskills as well, and I think most people haven't caught on yet because there's no competition.

There was a mining bug where at 29 you can farm the 30 ore. Not sure if they patched it. Seems like something they'd ignore.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Khorne posted:

There was a mining bug where at 29 you can farm the 30 ore. Not sure if they patched it. Seems like something they'd ignore.

is this for sure not because the ux for the trade skill charms is bad?

if it says 29 on the main list you probably have the charm that gives you +1 level in everything, but that doesn't show there. you need to open the page for a skill and look at the level on the top right of the xp bar

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dynamite Dog posted:

is this for sure not because the ux for the trade skill charms is bad?

if it says 29 on the main list you probably have the charm that gives you +1 level in everything, but that doesn't show there. you need to open the page for a skill and look at the level on the top right of the xp bar
It didn't work for arch, lumber, or foraging though! With the same trade skill charm. But this seems kinda reasonable I guess. I didn't even realize it gave +1.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 29, 2022

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was at 29 lumbering today and was able to chop a 30 tree

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

I did it I reached end game! Now I can do Argos P3! Time to beat it then wait until new content is out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

uh oh, i want to run spirit absorption and swiftness build on every single character

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like the daily login rewards are currently bugged out?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Extremely bugged, going between no rewards, the current day and resetting back to day 1 and letting you claim again. It's great.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you actually get the rewards? 'Cuz you just know people are going to get banned for 1000 years if they're dumb enough to exploit this poo poo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

QuantaStarFire posted:

Can you actually get the rewards? 'Cuz you just know people are going to get banned for 1000 years if they're dumb enough to exploit this poo poo.
So far they haven't banned for exploits like this. Including duping founder pack/cash shop claims through a similar problem and getting 5 years of crystalline for free from making a bunch of rosters on EU west.

First reward is bound shard bags which isn't super game breaking.

I haven't abused any of these personally but it doesn't seem super high risk. I'd be worried about my login bonuses resetting because the early ones are real weak this cycle.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 30, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's hard to call it an exploit when the game pops up and tells you that you have login rewards to claim.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

cams posted:

uh oh, i want to run spirit absorption and swiftness build on every single character

Welcome to the party, pal!

Though I only run Spirit Absorption 3 on every character. Doing swiftness as well...the speed, my god...

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I switched to an alt and mine reset, ofc I claimed it. If I get banned over 2k shards then so be it lol

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I did it I reached end game! Now I can do Argos P3! Time to beat it then wait until new content is out.

Hate to break it to you, but new content comes out in ~3 weeks that requires 1415-1445.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

cams posted:

Swiftness on neck and rank 3 Spirit Absorption is really really hard to not want on every character. It completely changed how my Gunlancer plays, god knows I needed the mobility boost.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Chocobo posted:

Swiftness on neck and rank 3 Spirit Absorption is really really hard to not want on every character. It completely changed how my Gunlancer plays, god knows I needed the mobility boost.

Movement speed aside SA is meta for blue gunlancer dps since it lets you fit another skill into your bash buff rotation.

FormaldehydeSon fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 1, 2022

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Mufasa Nigel posted:

AFAIK the different tier zones all give the same rate of mats, and for sure they all give the same xp, so it's probably worth it staying on meteora island for mining. Azure wind island is pretty good too for lumber and maybe gathering I don't remember

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lullaby Island.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I switched to an alt and mine reset, ofc I claimed it. If I get banned over 2k shards then so be it lol

lol same. if they ban me for that while i watch 100 bots speed hack run past me to the mailbox, then this just isnt the game for me

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

S.J. posted:

It is technically cheaper to craft them than to buy them off the market if you're okay with spending the time gathering.

This depends on market prices. On NA East buying the fusion materials for 8g each is cheaper than buying the fish and crafting them yourself. I made a simple spreadsheet to calculate the value of selling them from back when it was possible (now supply outweighs demand and your listing will most likely expire before it sells, which is why some people will sell at a loss for 8g) but it should also work for buying them. Just make a copy of the sheet and update the gold values and mats needed depending on if you need simple or basic mats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iC14cUff4egzedfCXQ-13syyY8NGhpKQ4HSDe1A1HC0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Although I just realized this doesn't take the crafting special success possibility into account but I'm too stupid to do that

FormaldehydeSon fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 1, 2022

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's like, four different scenarios to consider:

- Is it worth buying lifeskill materials, making honing materials, and selling them?
- I already have lifeskill materials, is it worth making honing materials to sell or should I just sell them straight-up?
- I need honing materials, should I buy them from the exchange or should I buy lifeskill materials and make them myself?
- I have lifeskill materials and need honing materials, should I click the craft button or should I just sell one to buy the other?

Usually the first one generally isn't worth it (if it was, people would be doing that and driving the cost of inputs up and the value of outputs down until it's not really worth it any more). The last one will probably be worth it at some point, but is subject to market fluctuations.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Argos phase 3 complete!!!

That was a pretty amazing finish because the entire raid was dead with the exception of one omegachad gunlancer who was sitting inside every aoe, ignoring every mechanic while remaining full health and soloing the last bit of the boss down. Phase 3 wasn't too bad, not much crazy mechanics like in phase 2. Its mostly a test of your dodging skill with a few instant kill mechanics that are pretty simple to understand. Its much harder to dodge though.

Zotix posted:

Hate to break it to you, but new content comes out in ~3 weeks that requires 1415-1445.

I may be able to hit 1415 in 3 weeks. I've been pretty lucky with my honing chances (one tried a 15% and two tried two 15% to reach 1400) and if it keeps up I may get there. I definitely will not get 1445.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

I may be able to hit 1415 in 3 weeks. I've been pretty lucky with my honing chances (one tried a 15% and two tried two 15% to reach 1400) and if it keeps up I may get there. I definitely will not get 1445.
If you have argos 5pc you can probably hit 1415 in 3 weeks on bound leapstones. Disenchanting argos blood & orea hard mats helps a ton. Boss rush weeklies & pvp weekly helps a lot. Getting 14-19 great honors per day from dailies helps a ton.

If dps, getting gloves & shoulders to 17 is probably the cheapest way to go from 1400 to 1415.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 1, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Khorne posted:

If you have argos 5pc you can probably hit 1415 in 3 weeks on bound leapstones. Disenchanting argos blood & orea hard mats helps a ton. Boss rush weeklies & pvp weekly helps a lot. Getting 14-19 great honors per day from dailies helps a ton.

If dps, getting gloves & shoulders to 17 is probably the cheapest way to go from 1400 to 1415.

Yeah I should focus on 1-2 pieces. There seems to be a massive jump in power from 15 to 16 on your gear. I'm assuming the cap used to be 15 and instead of releasing a new set of gear to get to 15 again like 1340, we just instead go from 15-20? That said are we going to get new set of gear after getting to 20? Maybe from the legion raids?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You get new sets of gear, but you don't go back to +0 or +6. Everything is horizontal transfers at this point. So if you're +17 now, you're only going up from here. The new sets you transfer into will be a higher base item level, but when you transfer in at +17, it'll be +17 after the transfer as well.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

You get new sets of gear, but you don't go back to +0 or +6. Everything is horizontal transfers at this point. So if you're +17 now, you're only going up from here. The new sets you transfer into will be a higher base item level, but when you transfer in at +17, it'll be +17 after the transfer as well.

If the base ilvl is higher and you go from +17 to +17 doesn't that mean your ilvl will go up? Or will it stay the same because the new sets won't have the bigger ilvl increases from 15-20 like the current Argos/Oreha sets do?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chocobo posted:

doing this on every single character i have

i'm sorry were you saying something about "optimal"? i couldn't hear you over the sound of how fast i'm going

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Now try control instead of pinnacle

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Suprfli6 posted:

If the base ilvl is higher and you go from +17 to +17 doesn't that mean your ilvl will go up? Or will it stay the same because the new sets won't have the bigger ilvl increases from 15-20 like the current Argos/Oreha sets do?

Your ilevel goes up because I believe you are transferring into a gear set that starts at a higher ilevel.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Talking about swiftness, I have recently changed my neck from spec/crit to spec/swiftness on my igniter sorceress. I felt like I was getting too high on crit from 5 piece argos set along with lv 3 precise dagger. With igniter popped I was hitting near 100% crit. If someone brings in a crit buff it felt wasted. Swiftness just feels so good to use. The small amount of movement speed is quite noticeable when doing mechanics. Faster attack speed stops you from getting caught in animation. The best part for me however is the cooldown reduction. With the cooldown reduction from swiftness combined with the cooldown reduction from my doomsday gem. I am able to land two meteors in my ignite phase pretty much boosting my damage compared to going crit for the extra 15% chance to crit.

Anyone playing igniter sorceress should give it a try.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I read that in KR the current endgame sets have movement/attack speed on them already which is why people don't really run SA or Swiftness. It just feels so good adding SA to any build tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

cams posted:

doing this on every single character i have

i'm sorry were you saying something about "optimal"? i couldn't hear you over the sound of how fast i'm going

If you want to run swiftness as Glaivier play control. Those stats are completely awful for pinnacle.

EDIT: To expand on this more, as full spec pinnacle you are max movement speed in red stance and max attack speed in blue stance just from the stance buff. Without any spec you are going to take forever to swap stances and the buff you gain will be less than half as powerful. As control though you can run full swift because you completely ignore the stance mechanic and just spam attacks.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 1, 2022