Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Every one keep saying that the flying carpet level in genesis version is so difficult. But I thought it was a fun level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I didn't even know Netflix had in house publications until they fired the people that wrote for them

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there's a whole ecosystem of "entertainment news" to provide fawning coverage of new products, why produce it in house

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's funny to imagine their used to be a day where it was cheaper to just hire two different studios to make a different game than to pay one to port the other

Probably because consoles today are in effect a PC in a different colored plastic shell, whereas back then they were all pretty unique proprietary electronics.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

there's a whole ecosystem of "entertainment news" to provide fawning coverage of new products, why produce it in house

Nostalga for Nintendo Power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzm6Pqe5A8

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Durf posted:

wow all it took was a return to the planetary flyby intro to convince me they might not gently caress this one up

they will absolutely gently caress it up

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Durf posted:

wow all it took was a return to the planetary flyby intro to convince me they might not gently caress this one up

i don't even like star trek but i can tell you that anything with alex kurtzman's name on is going to be garbage

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i saw a demo of the genesis aladdin at target and really wanted the SNES version for christmas. was so loving pissed when you could only jump and throw apples instead of use a sword. being able to use a sword is still the only thing i know about the genesis version

the SNES version may be my biggest disappointment on the entire system, i ended up beating it in like three hours. i pulled off a few no-hit speedruns and then sold it. i'm not good at platformers in general so it must have been super easy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

i don't even like star trek but i can tell you that anything with alex kurtzman's name on is going to be garbage

Strange New Worlds seems like it's going to solely work off the charm of the cast, or collapse.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Nichael posted:

Strange New Worlds seems like it's going to solely work off the charm of the cast, or collapse.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like space ships.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm watching poo poo like an android dump milk on a million year old android to make it work again in Raised by Wolves, and am just :hmmyes:ing along because it is a show with robots and space ships, and I am not very discerning.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

I like space ships.

If you know about these shows, what are you takes on Lexx and Space Cases?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loquacius posted:

The Bremer dan Gorst twins

gorst wouldn’t get owned by loving Hank

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Netflix site isn’t nearly comparable to Nintendo Power cause there are no cheat codes, fold out posters, contests, or a fan art section

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who would win Bremer dan Gorst or the Bloody Nine

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nichael posted:

it wouldn't be the first time a star trek got dragged along for a whole bunch of seasons because it had maybe a couple borderline good characters emerge from the dogshit writing

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

indigi posted:

only way Gorst wins that fight is if Bayaz is playing him like a puppet

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

The only way Gorst wins this is if he knows enough to kill Logen before he can go beast mode, and, he doesn't

e:

Filthy Hans posted:

only way Gorst wins that fight is if Bayaz is playing him like a puppet

or this yeah

loquacius has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Apr 30, 2022

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

gorst wouldn’t get owned by loving Hank

This begs the question: who would win, Hank or Jurand

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress Leo for real

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some of the promotional material for Northman is really cool, and is good enough to be a blu ray special feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiok2I3al7E

Eggers & Skarsgard break down the scene where Anleth becomes a man on the raid, and the longship was constructed with authentic materials down to the nails. They had to actually row it for the whole take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRn2bm2S7KA

This one's about the actual raid scene and includes some other material from the production, which includes shots of them using modern materials to construct some of the buildings for the sets that are fudged to look like the real deal.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Apr 30, 2022

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

sexpig by night posted:

yea this is so transparently their way to avoid having any major 'star power' that'd lead to others wanting better pay

It's a brilliant plan because audiences famously develop no loyalty to characters or the actors that play them so you can safely cancel everything 2 seasons in once it develops a passionate fanbase, audiences love that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

If you know about these shows, what are you takes on Lexx and Space Cases?

too dumb even for me, sorry

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lexx was prophetic with that one episode about the two last guys fighting a war over whose planet has better TV.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Space Cases had a good theme song and when I was a kid I had a big enough crush on Rebecca Herbst that I watched General Hospital when she was on that too despite not knowing or caring about soap operas

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

watching people soyface about northman is bizarre - it looks incredibly dull and i'm still not sure why there was/is a cultural moment about vikings

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shrike82 posted:

i'm still not sure why there was/is a cultural moment about vikings

it’s because they’re white OP

coathat
May 21, 2007

Durr why do people like bad rear end killing?????

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

shrike82 posted:

watching people soyface about northman is bizarre - it looks incredibly dull and i'm still not sure why there was/is a cultural moment about vikings

to explain why Brits are deathly afraid of foreigners showing up on boats to this very day

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

shrike82 posted:

It's Skyrim's fault

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shrike82 posted:

watching people soyface

watching people soyface

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

shrike82 posted:

yes why would people be excited for a robert eggers movie what a freaking crazy idea

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

indigi. shrike. whos next? wheres charlesthehammer at

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

pinnacle of action directors robert eggers. it must be thrilling

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

pinnacle of action directors robert eggers. it must be thrilling

he makes good movies ya ding dong

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm watching robert eggers lastest masterpiece and soyfacing. my face is so soy right now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Lighthouse was good I’m not really interested in seeing that guy’s action war movie though

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it seems like you have a weird hang up about vikings more than anything, frankly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
People have always and will always love hearing about historical people lopping each other’s heads off with battle axes, katanas, scimitars, and matchlocks. We have written records from people in the literal Bronze Age telling tales about how the badass ancient folk lopped off heads with a stone hatchet.