Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

How quickly we forget yesterday :laugh:

1.12 - 18 for the second half by the Saints. Fair to say their goalkicking hosed them.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints need to stop seeling games to other cities cause they have barely won a game whenever they do. loving bullshit.

Timbits
Dec 25, 2004
This account was the best Christmas present ever.

Oh, how I love deep square leg!

monolithburger posted:

Timbits posted:

Also, I quite like Freo but you can't say they've arrived when the best team they've played so far is GWS.
St. Kilda*
You could play for Amber Heard's legal team with a correction like that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

Oh Adelaide, just when I thought you were gonna be good again.

Today was the real Adelaide, a slow, undersized, underskilled blue collar midfield who get blown away when the opposition are too strong to be tackled and too skilled to turn the ball over cheaply, ie can avoid turning it into an effort based scrap

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Diet Crack posted:

Why?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
more and more people are saying it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

more and more people are saying it

:getin:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Diet Crack posted:

How could you think this. It's the Adelaide Crows.

The only acceptable answer is residual credit from their women's team.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol what the gently caress st kilda

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The scoreline in the last 15-20 minutes of the Port v Saints game

5 straight behinds to Port
5 straight behinds to St Kilda
2 straight behinds to Port

Footy has no business being played in Cairns

Timbits
Dec 25, 2004
This account was the best Christmas present ever.

Oh, how I love deep square leg!
Was it one of you nufties calling in to ABC National just now, saying Melbourne aren't a serious contender this year, and St Kilda will beat them next week? It would be good for the game, but....

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Man it's weird, Melbourne are clearly the best team this year and look unbeatable and yet they don't really seem to be playing so well to be that far ahead. Is it just that everyone else sucks?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Man it's weird, Melbourne are clearly the best team this year and look unbeatable and yet they don't really seem to be playing so well to be that far ahead. Is it just that everyone else sucks?

I think it’s a bit that everyone else sucks, and a bit that melbourne seem content to playing well enough to beat their opponent on the night without feeling the need to thump anyone.

Fremantle are legit good, and I think brisbane are too.

I’m less worried about Geelong after yesterday. Freo play a really similar brand to Melbourne, and yet Geelong chose to go back to the kick mark switch stuff that saw them get whacked in the prelim, instead of the much more direct gameplan they’ve been doing in the first month and a half.

I imagine through the home and away season we’ll see quite a few gimmick game plans thrown up against Melbourne. Port tried it, but the choice of plan and execution was poor. we’ll get beaten sooner than later and people will start using elements of that game to work out what to target going forward.

I reckon tagging Langdon like the Hawks did is a very smart start to that plan.

I also think it’s worthwhile for someone to test out what happens to our defence if you just kick it along the ground into the 50 and don’t even pretend to be going for a mark. Bowey is the only one out there currently I’d really class as elite at ground level.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 1, 2022

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Timbits posted:

Was it one of you nufties calling in to ABC National just now, saying Melbourne aren't a serious contender this year, and St Kilda will beat them next week? It would be good for the game, but....

Haha I heard that. It sounded like a dramatic reading of a big footy post

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

The Dees lost 5 of their first choice 22 heading into yesterday's game and came up against a Hawks side willing to give things a red hot crack for 4 quarters, so I think that made things a bit closer than they could have been otherwise, noting that COVID has obviously hit plenty of other teams.

I think one thing is that should have beaten Richmond the week before by a good ten goals if not for errant kicking which has made their recent form line look a bit more deceptive.

It's a long year and tbh I'm happy they're notching up a few wins due more to system than outright form so far as there's plenty of time to build from there.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Nature is healing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

St Kilda lost and went up on the ladder

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

St Kilda lost and went up on the ladder

Saints wait until I tip and go :sickos: and do the opposite.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Saints wait until I tip and go :sickos: and do the opposite.

gently caress my tips this year.

First time I actually had money on the line and they are completely rooted.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eagles are totally hosed lol - why we aren't just making this a bye and playing WCE v BRIS in R14 and shifting Geelong's bye to R14 and have GEEL v WCE in R13.

Typical of AFL House.

In better news, North have redeemed their season:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Eagles are totally hosed lol - why we aren't just making this a bye and playing WCE v BRIS in R14 and shifting Geelong's bye to R14 and have GEEL v WCE in R13.

Typical of AFL House.

In better news, North have redeemed their season:

It’s alright but not the best North jumper

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

drat that norf drip is good.

I just have to laugh at this point with WCE. We were already turbo hosed and a borderline write-off in the preseason. We would be trash even without covid nonsense. Normally you can blame the club a bit for huge spates of injuries but most of the Eagles ones are full on busted joint poo poo, very few are the sort of soft tissue things that are generally the results of bad management.

We should legitimately be forfeiting matches and staying put in Perth, there's no integrity here.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s alright but not the best North jumper

Imagine wearing that abomination, only for the sponsor that dreamt that up to gently caress off to Essendon the next season.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

masterpine posted:

I just have to laugh at this point with WCE. We were already turbo hosed and a borderline write-off in the preseason. We would be trash even without covid nonsense. Normally you can blame the club a bit for huge spates of injuries but most of the Eagles ones are full on busted joint poo poo, very few are the sort of soft tissue things that are generally the results of bad management.

We should legitimately be forfeiting matches and staying put in Perth, there's no integrity here.

Somethings wrong if they dont take this chance to pump some youngsters full of games, moreso than what they are already doing.

Take anyone over the age of 30 and only allow 1 or 2 to travel interstate each time. They can act as on field leaders / coaches. Rest the others and you might squeeze another season doing the same out of them.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

masterpine posted:

drat that norf drip is good.

There isn't really any downside in forfeiting games in regards to the rules. The media would have a field day, but it honestly isn't bad for the club other than getting the reputation for tanking.

In similar news, bunch of eagles players went nightclubbing with the richmond boys after the game...

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

NPR Journalizard posted:

Somethings wrong if they dont take this chance to pump some youngsters full of games, moreso than what they are already doing.

The madness is that there is no more youth, they're injured or already playing. O'Neill, Langdon, Joyce, Hough and Chesser would be those 'play the youth' top ups and some of them are done for 2022 with others coming back soon. The next line of mid 20's high end talent like Cole, Allen and Rioli are in the same boat, just not coming back any time soon. Cole and Allen are pivotal players who we lost in the preseason. Hell, Allen will probably captain us next year.

Then at the top, those 30ish yo players to guide the youth (that simply doesn't exist) you're missing NicNat, Barrass, Sheed and Yeo for either the whole season or part. Some of the players that are out there clearly shouldn't be. Shuey (withdrawn this week) was clearly still injured, Gaff and Ryan too. Darling is a trash fire but we can't drop him. Tim Kelly is in the same boat. Redden seems cooked too. Apart from Darling who's poo poo is self-inflicted I can't blame them, there's no continuity anywhere. Our coaching staff each week are a patchwork.

We've used our whole list then used every WAFL player we can. Two players have played every game this year, Hurn who is a certified legend and Naish who we got from the Tigers last year and probably wouldn't be in our best 22.

All that being said i'm having fun this season. I quite enjoy dark comedy and there's no point being upset by any of this because well, what can you do. It's sport, any Eagles supporter going to a dark place or raging out because we're going to have a bad year or three is delusional. We are allowed to be bad, we're not Sydney or something where the "integrity" of the comp demands they be good always. i joke.. or do i...

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I will say being at the game last week despite making fun of the cheer squad being outnumbered by the Richmond one, as well as the huge amount of whining from Eagles fans shocked at the club having a bad year, the Eagles still pulled a 39k crowd.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

At least the Weagles can offer pick 1 for Luke Jackson.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Doggies bad?
Port OK?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Amazing how the Dogs went from a grand final to being thoroughly average to bad.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

monolithburger posted:

Doggies bad?
Port OK?

Doggies are bad enough to make Finlayson look like a gun key forward

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

How many posters can this game have

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://i.gyazo.com/c3eee4675bc948d8c8cb78b70a45d479.mp4
comedydefending.mp4

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Doggies are mentally cooked, Beveridge’s rant at the start of the season really looking like strong indicator of how the GF loss has affected them.

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1522468035176505344?s=21

Eagles have just given up

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Looks like we've started tanking

quote:

Essendon has been forced to make five late changes ahead of its clash with Hawthorn tonight.

Jordan Ridley, Jake Kelly, Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman and Sam Durham have succumbed to illness, replaced by the four emergencies Brayden Ham, Kaine Baldwin, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Aaron Francis.

Despite not being initially listed as emergencies, Devon Smith and Alastair Lord have also been included in tonight's squad, with the latter making his AFL debut as medical sub.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
If this is tanking plz tank the rest of the season

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah dunno wtf happened there but I'll take it

They even had to pull Smith out of the rehab group to get 22 warm bodies on the park.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

Despite not being initially listed as emergencies, Devon Smith and Alastair Lord have also been included in tonight's squad

I'd be more concerned with having an octogenarian on your list, even if they did win a Brownlow medal once upon a time :v:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'm nervous every week, but today I'm NERVOUS.

Go Saints :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Tom Sparrow absolutely robbed of that mark