Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Can’t wait to pay my rent in crypto and have to pay ridiculous transaction fees when nearly every other renter in the world is also trying to pay their rent on the 1st of the month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Maybe you should pay your rent on the 28th. Have you ever thought about how inconvenient it is for the land lord to have to wait till the new month every time?

Perhaps we could have some sort of continuously transacting rentcoin so the lords get their due every second as is proper.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

zedprime posted:

Maybe you should pay your rent on the 28th. Have you ever thought about how inconvenient it is for the land lord to have to wait till the new month every time?

Perhaps we could have some sort of continuously transacting rentcoin so the lords get their due every second as is proper.

They have this now lol but in usd. My landlord spams me with emails about it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Life is just one big transaction fee

Death is the lovely NFT at the end

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Third party transaction fees without any of the benefits of using a bank, great system they've worked out here.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

smellmycheese posted:

Lol at the Lorem Ipsum in the “leak from the official pitch deck”

Lmao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Why on earth would something like that happen

ethereum can only process roughly 15 transactions per second

also, all automated smart contract activities count as transactions and are counted toward this cap

minting and selling 100k NFTs at once is a lotta extra transactions

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

loving LOL

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

“What’s your pitch?”

“Uhhhhhhhh blockchain… sauce?”

“HERE’S A MILLION DOLLARS.”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Intangible concepts? Turn it into NFT

Vague ideas? Turn it into NFT

Inscrutable remembrances? Turn it into NFT

With NFT the world is yours, your only limit is your imagination!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

LifeSunDeath posted:

Intangible concepts? Turn it into NFT

Vague ideas? Turn it into NFT

Inscrutable remembrances? Turn it into NFT

And gas fees.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

what if they put zombo.com... on the blockchain

ChronoBasher
Jul 2, 2007
The sauces on thier website are all priced in dollars, but then they are advertising some sort of sauce token? I don't understand.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

using American racist slogans while exclusively selling Asian sauces out of an airport in Singapore

this is truly some poo poo

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
They also have a slogan "Make ALL Sauces SAFE Again!"

Why does that sound so familiar...?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Protocol7 posted:

They also have a slogan "Make ALL Sauces SAFE Again!"

Why does that sound so familiar...?

they also shorten it into an acronym, and make sure to mention the acronym every single time, just to really drive it home that it's no mistake

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

Main Paineframe posted:

they also shorten it into an acronym, and make sure to mention the acronym every single time, just to really drive it home that it's no mistake

jesus christ

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

fish and chips and dip posted:

This is the future libertarians want.

Remember their narrative though, called money laundering. Where they advertise this as a feature:

blockchain maximalists, on whether blockchain is for you posted:

Do you want to remove the brokers and intermediaries? Are you able to create an authoritative and permanent record of digital assets?

And then:

v2 narrative posted:

Do you need to rely on a trusted party? Does your business require high performance transactions?
Which are things that a: blockchain cannot do well and b: other sources *already* do.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
They certainly have... some sauce

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Those fuckers. Not even giving me a cut.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

using American racist slogans while exclusively selling Asian sauces out of an airport in Singapore

this is truly some poo poo

Where is the racist stuff I don’t see it.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

MarcusSA posted:

The "we believe..." sentence mimics the 14 words.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

MickeyFinn posted:

The "we believe..." sentence mimics the 14 words.

Eh, it’s a stretch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ymgve posted:

Eh, it’s a stretch

Yeah just a bit

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

on their website, they use the slogan "Make All Sauces Safe Again (M.A.S.S.A.)"

yes, they always write it both ways like that, each and every time they use the slogan, just to make sure everyone sees both the Trump reference and the acronym

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
"Massa" is a common old-timey way to depict "slow" Africans saying "master"? (Thanks Tintin) is that just a coincidence to the more likely trupf slogan?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The product is bad and terrible enough without having to invent more reasons to be angry with it.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
That's fair

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Honestly enough cryptobros have been shown to be using coded (or blatantly obvious) nazi poo poo that I'd be willing to believe that a particular group/individual is naziing it up on fairly flimsy evidence. I mean, I'd probably want more if I were a juror, but as a random goon I am perfectly content to make spiteful assumptions about strangers whose lives will never intersect with mine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm just gonna assume they're racist because they're blockchain enthusiasts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

this tbh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Puppy Time posted:

Honestly enough cryptobros have been shown to be using coded (or blatantly obvious) nazi poo poo that I'd be willing to believe that a particular group/individual is naziing it up on fairly flimsy evidence. I mean, I'd probably want more if I were a juror, but as a random goon I am perfectly content to make spiteful assumptions about strangers whose lives will never intersect with mine.

It's especially funny how completely unnecessary it is but then again, nazis do love scamming and backstabbing each other on the slightest excuse, as well as blatantly unrealistic pipe dreams based on a complete lack of understanding of reality.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

so I shouldn't sleep with my mining rig / lovely dried fruit maker and give my self heat stroke?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Blockchain enthusiast + eugenicist is a basically circular venn diagram overlap

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SAY YOHO posted:

"Massa" is a common old-timey way to depict "slow" Africans saying "master"? (Thanks Tintin) is that just a coincidence to the more likely trupf slogan?

It's all such gibberish that the only plausible explanations are that every single word choice was motivated more by making "clever" internet nazi references than forming a real sentence, they let an unmedicated schizophrenic write all their marketing copy, or both.

I'm just glad to finally get some explanation for why so much NFT talk makes me feel like I'm having a stroke

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 2, 2022

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

SCSI my balls.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's all such gibberish that the only plausible explanations are that every single word choice was motivated more by making "clever" internet nazi references than forming a real sentence, they let an unmedicated schizophrenic write all their marketing copy, or both.

I'm just glad to finally get some explanation for why so much NFT talk makes me feel like I'm having a stroke

Unmedicated schizophrenics is basically what half the internet (the right of centre half in particular) is actively emulating these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
https://twitter.com/boss_on_here/status/1520937371793072128?s=20&t=_JS4jlHuVHYs2DRh2bW5Jg