Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

here's a full list of ubisoft games on 360/one/series worth playing

-beyond good and evil hd

i think that is a pretty comprehensive list but let me know if i missed anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Random pile of 360 games are free with Gold.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1520596780915650561

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Does anyone have a review of braid handy?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

https://twistedvoxel.com/ubisoft-netherlands-ubisoft-plus-xbox-game-pass/

"Ubisoft Netherlands Says Ubisoft Plus Will Arrive On Xbox Game Pass Soon"

:thunk:

I really don't think this is going to be the full Ubisoft+ service that's currently available on PC but something more limited. The current Ubi+ service is equivalent to EA Play Pro which costs triple compared to basic EA Play that is included with PC Game Pass and GP Ultimate.

Of course, Ubisoft+ doesn't exist on consoles yet, so they're free to define it however they want in that space.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

Does anyone have a review of braid handy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Microsoft is adding a free VPN to Edge. https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/29/23049015/microsoft-free-built-in-vpn-edge-browser-edge-secure-network

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zat posted:

I really don't think this is going to be the full Ubisoft+ service that's currently available on PC but something more limited. The current Ubi+ service is equivalent to EA Play Pro which costs triple compared to basic EA Play that is included with PC Game Pass and GP Ultimate.

Of course, Ubisoft+ doesn't exist on consoles yet, so they're free to define it however they want in that space.
If I had to guess, they might be referencing the two additional Ubisoft games (Asscreed Origins and something else) that have been announced as coming to Game Pass in the next couple months.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

here's a full list of ubisoft games on 360/one/series worth playing

-beyond good and evil hd

i think that is a pretty comprehensive list but let me know if i missed anything

I couldn't finish that game because the insta kill stealth gave me an aneurism.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Thank you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

feel like poo poo just want him back.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

runchild posted:

Random pile of 360 games are free with Gold.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1520596780915650561

tangentially related to Joe danger: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2022/jan/28/broke-our-hearts-boy-with-autism-inspires-relaunch-of-popular-game

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Ain’t no point to the game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was the video of John Blow tearing up while watching the Soulja boy video in a dark room real? Wish I could find it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWqnz-7iQbY

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The juxtaposition of Jonathan Blow in a dark room and Soulja Boi laughing about a game with his friends kills me every time.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jonathan blowhard

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
That guy is such a fuckin' weenie lol. If I had designed a game that produced that soulja boy video, I'd want to frame it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
There's an alternate universe where J Blow becomes best friends with Soulja Boy and covid doesn't happen and we all stop being depressed

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Professor Beetus posted:

That guy is such a fuckin' weenie lol. If I had designed a game that produced that soulja boy video, I'd want to frame it.

Not sure why he had that reaction, Braid was THE indie game of the time when it was released.

I do like Jonathan Blow’s videos on youtube though, where he goes over the stuff he’s programming. Really cool.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

J. Blow stumped for Larry Elder during the California recall election, and is also a COVID truther. Guy's an absolute master of puzzle game design, The Witness is one of the best gaming experiences I've had, but he is a tremendous dumbass in all other respects.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I've been mainlining Tunic and enjoying the hell out of it, got all three collectable gems, thought to myself hell yeah this is in my top 3 games of the year so far. Then I need to find a 4th gem and now I'm stuck in spirit mode with a 1/3 of my health to fight like six bosses...again...and I'm about ready to check out and turn on god mode. I know one of the statues throws healing items out, but what good is that when I can only take two hits before I die at full health? Why does this game want to punish me? :wtc:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

I've been mainlining Tunic and enjoying the hell out of it, got all three collectable gems, thought to myself hell yeah this is in my top 3 games of the year so far. Then I need to find a 4th gem and now I'm stuck in spirit mode with a 1/3 of my health to fight like six bosses...again...and I'm about ready to check out and turn on god mode. I know one of the statues throws healing items out, but what good is that when I can only take two hits before I die at full health? Why does this game want to punish me? :wtc:

The god mode is funny cause it still takes positively forever to kill the bosses and you take full knockback and stun so its also frustrating as hell lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ColdPie posted:

J. Blow stumped for Larry Elder during the California recall election, and is also a COVID truther. Guy's an absolute master of puzzle game design, The Witness is one of the best gaming experiences I've had, but he is a tremendous dumbass in all other respects.

The best part is how mad he was at Soulja Boy giving his game probably the most publicity it got.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He was mad he said theres no point to it when blow was trying to make a bold statement about mario being the real badguy

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

External Organs posted:

There's an alternate universe where J Blow becomes best friends with Soulja Boy and covid doesn't happen and we all stop being depressed

Does Trump still become president in this timeline?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

He still is

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lammasu posted:

Yep he legalized it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Two (consecutive) terms.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Rogue Legacy 2 is good.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

There’s a rogue legacy 2?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Another 90+ Metacritic Xbox exclusive. Say it with me now...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Does Rogue Legacy 2 fix the whole "the game is easiest and most fun on your first run, getting progressively worse on each subsequent one"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

Does Rogue Legacy 2 fix the whole "the game is easiest and most fun on your first run, getting progressively worse on each subsequent one"

Fix? Are roguelite players so brain broken an inverted difficulty curve is the expectation? Game progression not being a meat grinder you get through by accumulating failure points is good design

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finished Tunic! Got the true ending too. Great game, I liked it a lot more the further I got into it. Got into a nice rhythm with the combat too, didn’t like it at first but it comes into its own I felt when I got more used to it. Didn’t feel like I had to use god mode or anything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just dont like how rogue legacy feels as a platformer/sotn

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

Fix? Are roguelite players so brain broken an inverted difficulty curve is the expectation? Game progression not being a meat grinder you get through by accumulating failure points is good design
Powerups should make you stronger, not weaker imo

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Max Payne 3 kicks rear end and scratches that Kane & Lynch pill-popping shot-calling itch, but there’s no way in hell I’m playing it again with unskippable cutscenes.

A drat shame because the environments are great and I’d love to wander around.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Hilary loses in every timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I probably should have bought more of the western Square Enix games while they went on sale.