Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

A Harry Anderson style magician would rule at a larp event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlthbJTv39U

oh my god i think i saw this as a child because i was a huge dork and liked magic and oh wow it didn't age well hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

There's a scene where Kevin James has one of his eyes dangling out of his face and he cuts it off with safety scissors.

Sold

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He basically just took a zillion JFK conspiracy theories and kludged them into a script that somehow validated every single one of them

Somewhere along the way it broke his brain too; after all, this is the man who made a movie about Nixon that tried to cast him in a sympathetic light, up to and including a scene of him having a friendly chat with hippies next to the Lincoln Monument
I don't think it happened that way, but I've heard a story before of a drunk Nixon going down and talking to protestors during Vietnam outside of the White House or something like that

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oliver Stone's kid was recently on Infowars, and it seems like he's super into Quanon and all other kinds dipshit conspiracies. Good to know the lovely seed didn't fall far from the poo poo tree.

Born on the 4th of July and Platoon are still great though. Oliver Stone isn't quite Morrissey levels of " seperate the art from the artist" but he's getting close.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ahhh gently caress

What did Morrissey do, besides being Morrissey

You know what, I don’t want to know, I’m just gonna keep moping alone

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Morissey, the emo white nationalist super-nazi?

Probably don't want to look him up.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

They just posted a screenshot on the Patreon:

this is what your brain looks like on star treak

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

cant wait for the cycle to repeat in picard season 3!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gutcruncher posted:

Same problem with Tron Legacy, it loving sucks. I would’ve hoped that Tron of all would be one of the first things out to show off a new format but life isn’t fair

Wait, what?

Tron Legacy definitely has a 4k HDR release. And it was screened in IMAX when it came out.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

Wait, what?

Tron Legacy definitely has a 4k HDR release. And it was screened in IMAX when it came out.

I don't think so, it was among the first 4K Blu Rays I sought out when I got my new TV

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
can't wait for the eventual review of strange new worlds, which seems... um...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Anime Liker posted:

goddamn it

https://junkee.com/morrissey-ruined-career/292853

At this point in 2022 I can only listen to Bach music or something

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Better luck next time Charlie Brown

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Sorry to be the one to tell you but Bach was at the 1/6 Capitol riot :(

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Anime Liker posted:

Starting to think Morrissey only went vegetarian because Hitler was

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Origami Dali posted:

so how did kurtzman dethrone berman and braga anyway

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how much blackmail material does kurtzman have

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

I’ve been hired to punch up this post by changing Bach to Wagner

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

goddamn it

https://junkee.com/morrissey-ruined-career/292853

Bach was a religious fundamentalist who treated his wives like brood mares. When the first one died from giving birth after 14 kids, he got a second one and had 6 more.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Basically the only safe bet musician is Weird Al.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Automatic Slim posted:

In fact, the whole End Fall of Civilizations series is grand. Basically, civilizations fall because of ecological disaster hand hubris of its leaders.
:hist101:

good thing we don't have either of those in the modern day

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

"Weird" Al is a religious fundamentalist who treated his wives like brood mares. When the first one died from giving birth after 14 kids, he got a second one and had 6 more.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

the weirding way

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

Wow! Big suprise!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

kalel posted:

good thing we don't have either of those in the modern day

The narrator often asks if the people living in that time knew things were going to hell. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to put yourself in places of slow decline.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Zokari posted:

none, Hollywood just owed his union-busting lawyer father-in-law a favor

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watching Manhunter again, I can’t believe I never noticed how Dollarhyde reflexively hides his harelip when he’s out with the normies.

“Take my word for it, I’m smiling”

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

Watching Manhunter again, I can’t believe I never noticed how Dollarhyde reflexively hides his harelip when he’s out with the normies.

“Take my word for it, I’m smiling”

Tom Noonan is so loving good in it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Tom Noonan is so loving good in it.

Yah he captures the sad sack self hating so well, and has the stature to be scary as hell.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

infernal machines posted:

Wait, what?

I saw it in imax 3d and it owned, but it was shot on digital which at the time was pretty low resolution. The Sony F35 specifically. I’m sure it’s technically possible for some kind of AI upscale or something but as it was shot, unfortunately we aren’t getting any uhd tron2.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rich was a religious fundamentalist who treated his wives like brood mares. When the first one died from giving birth after 14 kids, he got a second one and had 6 more.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He basically just took a zillion JFK conspiracy theories and kludged them into a script that somehow validated every single one of them

Somewhere along the way it broke his brain too; after all, this is the man who made a movie about Nixon that tried to cast him in a sympathetic light, up to and including a scene of him having a friendly chat with hippies next to the Lincoln Monument

Don't know how the movie presented it but it did happen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon%27s_visit_to_the_Lincoln_Memorial

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat the scene where Will Graham realizes the photo lab connection fuckin rules. Peak 80s soundtrack is killer.

O poo poo now inna gadda davida is startin :rock:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Escape Goat posted:

I don't think so, it was among the first 4K Blu Rays I sought out when I got my new TV

Gutcruncher posted:

I saw it in imax 3d and it owned, but it was shot on digital which at the time was pretty low resolution. The Sony F35 specifically. I’m sure it’s technically possible for some kind of AI upscale or something but as it was shot, unfortunately we aren’t getting any uhd tron2.

TIL there is a bootleg 4k release that was upscaled from the source and supposedly had some of the effects shots redone. I have this one, it looks great.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Zokari posted:

cant wait for the cycle to repeat in picard season 3!!!

If you want a picture of the future, imagine Alex Kurtzman's boot stamping on Mike's face – forever.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'll be damned, for some reason I thought it was something Stone made up for the movie. Learn something new every day :)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Sarek was a religious fundamentalist who treated his wives like brood mares. When the first one died from giving birth after 14 kids, he got a second one and had 6 more.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Zokari posted:

His dad is the only person to do more damage to entertainment unions then Disney. He very literally knows where the bodies are buried.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I kinda like Tron 2 but I can't forgive it for planting the seed of CGI monstrosities posing as people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

priznat posted:

Basically the only safe bet musician is Weird Al.
Most of Weird Al's hits were blatantly stolen I don't know how he hasn't been sued into oblivion.