Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Endman posted:

Absolutely creepy as hell

Look after your brains, friends. Stop listening if you start to dissociate too hard.

How am I supposed to successfully Jonesmaxx if I don't religiously listen to the Jonestown tapes and watch the same movies Jimmy would obsess over like Parallax View and The Conversation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3uOFTt1mp0
I love Jim Jones I want to be Jim Jones CIA pls give me money

The Saucer Hovers posted:

yeeeeah that poo poo had washed over my brain long before the ipod revolutionized desktop broadcasting.

but i still dont understand the way yall are using the word disassociating

He's saying to fertilize your mind with ketamine or benadryl then listen to the Jonestown tapes until Jim Jones reincarnates into your body

bonelessdongs has issued a correction as of 15:28 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

pentyne posted:

It includes a 23 year old who just bought a house and a 19 year old guy who was a HS star athlete and excelled at military stuff found dead.

Can't find any proof but they're all young enough that the other sailors brutally hazing them to death is a pretty likely outcome.

lol there isnt hazing going on in the military theyre straight up murdering people, each other, and doping them up so much they commit mass murders

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

this made me feel worse than the jonestown death tape thanks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the navy ship that kills sailors is like fort bragg then it's caused by troops running a drug ring and killing people like any other drug cartel

fort bragg is the nexus probably because it's full of special forces guys (being the base of JSOC), who are generally above the law

The 23 and 19 year old sailors are young enough for hazing deaths sure but they're probably also young and naive enough to think they should report drug smuggling on board a navy ship, instead of make sure they don't see anything.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Just smdh Peter Wentz isn't even a real person.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Shear Modulus posted:

if the navy ship that kills sailors is like fort bragg then it's caused by troops running a drug ring and killing people like any other drug cartel

fort bragg is the nexus probably because it's full of special forces guys (being the base of JSOC), who are generally above the law

The 23 and 19 year old sailors are young enough for hazing deaths sure but they're probably also young and naive enough to think they should report drug smuggling on board a navy ship, instead of make sure they don't see anything.

Every military base has rampant crime and drug use and theft of military equipment. All of them.

If you clicked any of the stories about the navy boat you'd learn that it has been going through repairs for 5 years in the same place, so this crew is stuck doing lovely overhaul work and not the jobs they signed up for and their commanders have been treating them like dogshit the whole time. Also this is taking way longer than expected.

why would you immediately speculate they are drug running hazing party frat bros?

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 01:57 on May 2, 2022

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
…Oedipa wondered whether, at the end of this (if it were supposed to end), she too might not be left with only compiled memories of clues, announcements, intimations, but never the central truth itself, which must somehow each time be too bright for her memory to hold; which must always blaze out, destroying its own message irreversibly, leaving an overexposed blank when the ordinary world came back.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Every military base has rampant crime and drug use and theft of military equipment. All of them.

If you clicked any of the stories about the navy boat you'd learn that it has been going through repairs for 5 years in the same place, so this crew is stuck doing lovely overhaul work and not the jobs they signed up for and their commanders have been treating them like dogshit the whole time. Also this is taking way longer than expected.

why would you immediately speculate they are drug running hazing party frat bros?

oh good you suck in every thread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

oh good you suck in every thread

every village needs its idiot

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1520397002605015042?s=20&t=_51CtcR5WhE1Sv1_2VM4Fw
please, my father was Mr. Freedom

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1520911800690221057?s=20&t=E8F0dOGMNX1izd3dkEJRhg

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Limited hangout.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

1. how does this not mention Pete Wentz being Colin Powell's cousin
2. his grandfather was definitely in some poo poo too

quote:

His father was a railroad porter, and his mother worked in a garment factory. But Arthur Winston Lewis, the son of Jamaican immigrants, rose to be a U.S. ambassador.

A career Navy and foreign service officer, he had postings in Ethiopia, Italy, Nigeria, Romania and Zambia before President Ronald Reagan appointed him ambassador to Sierra Leone, where he served from 1983 to 1986.

Mr. Lewis died Jan. 10 at the Westminster Place retirement center in Evanston. He was 92.
From 1960 to 1963, he served at a NATO command in Naples, Italy. In 1963, he returned to Dartmouth, where he taught navigation and Navy ROTC and earned a bachelor’s degree and master’s in international relations.

In the late 1960s, Mr. Lewis joined the United States Information Agency, where he expanded minority recruitment, his daughter said. His first assignment was in Romania, where the U.S. government sent the band Blood, Sweat & Tears on a goodwill tour. But when the rock ‘n’ roll excited the crowds, Romanian police clubbed back young listeners and set dogs on them, according to news reports. Mr. Lewis helped broker a truce between the band and government.

Dale Wentz witnessed the scene. ”The guards came in and tried to shut it down, and Dad was able to negotiate some peace,” she said. The tour continued.

After retiring in 1987, Mr. Lewis did consulting work for a company that mined rutile, a titanium ore.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/2/1/18406528/arthur-lewis-who-rose-from-modest-beginnings-to-be-a-u-s-ambassador-has-died

3. Andy Hurley from Fall Out Boy went on the Chapo Trap House twitch stream in 2019
https://twitter.com/ChapoFYM/status/1166171023957352448?s=20&t=m2r7XrfM9Kw0LkzOCkGLEQ
4. Fall Out Boy played at the Biden inauguration in 2021
https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/1349792469987319817?s=20&t=8_4vMRejkDPZZdvBmEo7uQ

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Pryor on Fire posted:

Because they’re in the military

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

perhaps he should have looked into other times people have tried to create parody conspiracy theories and the results before undertaking this project

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Riot Bimbo posted:

I had a really morbid phase as a kid and i felt like if i could brouse rotten-esque websites without losing my poo poo, some audio would be fine

but no... no.

just, don't, maybe? Like nobody can stop you but you will get NOTHING out of ever listening to that audio tbqh

The only thing educational about it is to show how hosed up the world is, to put it glibly- just the fact that something like that is even possible is important to understand, and people absorb that knowledge differently. Some people can't really grasp it without delving that deep and listening, whereas other people don't need to go quite that far (and can end up shouldering some of that trauma themselves for having been exposed to it).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i thought it was just to make money selling merch https://birdsarentreal.com

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I thought the Satanic Panic was all hoax or media hype but every now and then I see someone suggesting there really was some weirdness going on, maybe involving sex trafficking or similar. Anyone know what to search up to learn more?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1521186612457132034

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

unlimited shrimp posted:

I thought the Satanic Panic was all hoax or media hype but every now and then I see someone suggesting there really was some weirdness going on, maybe involving sex trafficking or similar. Anyone know what to search up to learn more?

The Finders cult

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Elon this is your lawyer speaking. Please stop posting about going after Epstein clients.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus we can only hope Elon gets suicided.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Has anyone done any writing on the larger context of abu ghraib and what factions were pushing the disclosure because the wikipedia page is just like, amnesty international and 60 minutes, yeah ok *pulls collar*

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

unlimited shrimp posted:

there's some interesting poo poo around the franklin school coverup but anything definitive is absolutely buried. i also have a personal theory that there's actual abuse victims who were exposed to faux-satanic ritual poo poo as a way to scare victims into silence and/or to make their accusations less believable, in much the same way that the modern Q movement is intentionally harnessed and driven to absurd claims to mask the very real abuse that is occurring by making anyone alleging an organized network look like a kook.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

synapse posted:

Elon this is your lawyer speaking. Please stop posting about going after Epstein clients.

phenomenal. spectacular.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
speaking of satanic ritual abuse i watched eyes wide shut last night. please point me to the resources to absolutely shatter my brain about the content of this film

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

unlimited shrimp posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripper_Crew

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

hot_dog_costume_man.png

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

One of those guys got out 3 years ago.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

unlimited shrimp posted:

the witch hunt narrative by ross e cheit

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

speaking of satanic ritual abuse i watched eyes wide shut last night. please point me to the resources to absolutely shatter my brain about the content of this film

i really really liked this: https://scrapsfromtheloft.com/movies/eyes-wide-shut-introducing-sociology-by-tim-kreider/

e: it's just about the movie as a movie, but i'm convinced it explains Kubrick's vision

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 14:55 on May 3, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Imagine if the director wasn't killed and the film wasn't re-edited before release

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Futanari Damacy posted:

Imagine if the director wasn't killed and the film wasn't re-edited before release

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1520536026556649473?s=20&t=dioZgodnh-wZlO-XOuTDYw

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

60 minutes posted:

McIndoe's co-conspirators: Claire Chronis, Cameron Kasky and Connor Gaydos, say it's become an outlet for a generation that's been surrounded by conspiracy theories.
We first met Kasky in 2018 after he survived the horrific shooting at his Parkland, Florida, high school where 14 classmates and three teachers were murdered.
Cameron Kasky: My friends and I were called crisis actors and you know, I kinda had this strange perspective on conspiracy theories because the internet was telling me that my father and grandfather were child traffickers because they're adoption lawyers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

hot_dog_costume_man.png

lol exactly what I was thinking when he bought it.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Lol how does every single parkland kid turn out to have shady as gently caress parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i can't wait to foia the actions of the sleeper agent in my head after i carry out the mission