Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lih posted:

square says this sale gives them more money to invest in blockchain nonsense and have kept the rights to just cause, outriders, and life is strange. none of those were developed by the studios being sold, just published by square's western division.

Can't wait for the Life is Strange's alternate endings NFTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Ahhh I can finally post again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pity

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pity you can't post more

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LOVE YOU BRO

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

LOVE YOU BRO

I'll decide on you when you post the new TG kickstarter thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm just a lazy lazy man, who spent the entire evening sleeving Twilight Imperium rather than post the new thread.

Cause I'm lazy.

I did watch a bunch of Our Flag Means Death tho, and that is basically Monkey Island The TV Series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It really is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Stephen Spielberg and the world's most deadly Mafia hitman bump into each other on the street, apologize profusely and then discover they're going to the same place... to hang out on the sidewalk hoping some guy they met randomly for five minutes a few days ago wants to hire them to work for his real estate company :hmmyes:

right now my best manager is a high school student who used to sell her used underwear, she just feels like she owes me after I scared the jerk stealing her profits. She has a 400,000 yen salary though, slightly more than you get from a fight fight, but probably still a nice wage for a kid. When I was her age I had to work at pizza hut and nobody wanted our underwear

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'm just a lazy lazy man, who spent the entire evening sleeving Twilight Imperium rather than post the new thread.

Even prepping Twilight Imperium takes longer than normal board games :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I haven't even integrated PoK into the box yet, cause it will legitimately involve sorting through 40ish plastic bags to find the cards to replace and combine.

But now Space Godzilla Who Poops Out Ships is a playable race

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And you think I am being facetious, but I am not

https://twilight-imperium.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vuil%27Raith_Cabal

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

You didn't mention it also has SIX LIMBS?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They're just scary Kirbys

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ahhh I can finally post again

Missed opportunity for this imo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Missed opportunity for this imo

grabs wallet

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1521110888064991232

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Grubb is strongly implying that SE is looking to be acquired, wouldn't surprise me
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1521133997987745792
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1521136372819496960

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I never got the whole "thing" with Gex.

Is this like when I post about Knack and people think I'm being ironic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheWarmaster posted:

yhh but a lot of people get IPs to let them diiiieeeeeee, i dont understand whyyyy when some have so much potential, its infuriating. BUUUUT masquerade im looking forward to, the proper one not these small episodic like releases. Its Eve online until something worthy enough comes along to retake my social life.

Please add this month's releases to the OP, what kind of chat thread do you call this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im never ironic about Gex, I genuinely liked with the core conceit and would happily have played more of them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We're post-post-post irony

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I just want to know why gex was going to Jerry Garcia's house if not explicitly to do drugs such that drinking the tap water would be a concern

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SquareEnix is going to become the first game company to be sold as an NFT

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeXReX posted:

I just want to know why gex was going to Jerry Garcia's house if not explicitly to do drugs such that drinking the tap water would be a concern

Gex is implied to have sex with a human woman so him crashing at Jerry Garcia's house seems pretty in line. Maybe he and sonic can swap stories.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Do you think we can ask Jeff to buy square eenix so he can truly monetize the FF ranking phenomenon?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe SquareEnix never made a Cooking Mama style game starring Quina... Just leaving money on the table...

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Barudak posted:

Gex is implied to have sex with a human woman so him crashing at Jerry Garcia's house seems pretty in line. Maybe he and sonic can swap stories.

Yeah him being there is fine but the only reason we know is because of the "reminder to self: don't drink the water at Jerry Garcia's house" quip and there is no reason I can imagine anyone being at Jerry Garcia's house who isn't also down for a lethal dose of LSD

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Yeah him being there is fine but the only reason we know is because of the "reminder to self: don't drink the water at Jerry Garcia's house" quip and there is no reason I can imagine anyone being at Jerry Garcia's house who isn't also down for a lethal dose of LSD

Jerry seems like he'd be pretty crunchy, its possible he's got one of those aquifer pump rigs setup but hasn't cleaned it lately so some sediment is getting into the glass.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gex 64 owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Will final fantasy xi finally die

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Never.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

If it does it'll just XP loss to FFX-2 so its fine

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shinjobi posted:

if that happens we lose "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Evil in Small Doses"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

if that happens we lose "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Evil in Small Doses"

Don't tempt me with a good time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hanging out with gex would fuckin suck

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bionic commando rearmed was really good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

External Organs posted:

Wanna see a Gex competitor developed by Geico.

They should make a game with the mayhem guy from the Allstate commercials

Just reskin the saints row insurance fraud minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

who?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I never got the whole "thing" with Gex.

Is this like when I post about Knack and people think I'm being ironic

yes