Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

Current game was a Count Eudus start in France and man that’s a bad place to start if you want to paint the map. Surrounded by other Catholics means just having to pick off counties one by one. I’ll probably just stick this one out for a little bit and try for a few decisions I haven’t gotten before.

Question though, is it possible to find out what kind of succession law someone else has? I think Byzantine currently has ultimogeniture, but not totally sure.

You can click on any of their titles and it'll say in the title screen.

Btw, the only special successions are Byzantine/Roman/Austrian/Carolingian primo, Bohemian house seniority (1066), and Mongol High Partition, in the sense that the succession is linked to the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Byzantines also have a special cultural trait that affects their succession - children "born in the purple" (ie born after the father acceded to his empire title) get precedence as heirs. This can look like ultimogeniture at a glance, since browsing the emperor's profile you'll just see one kid getting precedence over a bunch of older brothers. Greeks also can't inherit if they're disfigured, I think.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

If you click on the title you can see who will inherit it, who has claims, and what the current succession laws are. But yeah born in the purple can jump ahead and the Byzantine culture kicks disfigured people out too which isn’t explained on the title screen currently.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

scaterry posted:

Btw, the only special successions are Byzantine/Roman/Austrian/Carolingian primo, Bohemian house seniority (1066), and Mongol High Partition, in the sense that the succession is linked to the title

Verona gets seniority as well, but it was changed so that if the title gets usurped it gets lost.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Got Wily As The Fox last night. 1250 so pretty late, since King Turstin sat on his hands throughout the 1100s while Byz was still swole and I refused to do the swear fealty eat within strategy.
Now that I’ve broken in, maybe I can get Frankokratia on this same save. But I also really want to try for Beta Israel. Wish me luck on remembering to re-tick religious revocation for every new ruler.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Is there a Dune mod for CK3? Or another sort of space-feudalism total conversion?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

VostokProgram posted:

Is there a Dune mod for CK3? Or another sort of space-feudalism total conversion?

Not yet. All the TCs are going to be way slower this time around because of all the necessary art.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The Way of Kings total conversion mod is amazing, imho. To me, it's on par with CK2's Elder Scrolls and Warhammer TCs.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What's a good custom name for Muslim Russia?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Second Rum

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Dnepr Bulgaria

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Vodkaless

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Baron Porkface posted:

What's a good custom name for Muslim Russia?

Russtan

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Mosquovy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Noorcsallowedistan

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Rus' Kalyivphate

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Dallan Invictus posted:

Not yet. All the TCs are going to be way slower this time around because of all the necessary art.

Are there any total conversions that are in a good state at present?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

There's a Lord of the Rings one that at least has the artwork done up, but I haven't played it at all.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will continue to shill for Tales of Ireland.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dorkopotamis posted:

Are there any total conversions that are in a good state at present?

As I wrote further up, the Way of Kings mod is in a really excellent state.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do tribals have a bonus to defensive attrition like ck2?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think so, but Tribal lands have -50% supply capacity, and there's a +10 Unreformed Tribal combat advantage.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Baron Porkface posted:

Do tribals have a bonus to defensive attrition like ck2?

I think they also get defensive combat advantages through holy sites. No Asatru, but the other ones.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Am I missing something with AI and Allies against AI? How do I bring my armies to support an ally without just getting absolutely rolled as soon as they show up?

I reunited Ireland and was asked to support a war in Norway-ish area, and when my army arrived the enemy stack just murdered all my guys then went and murdered the nordish guys

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
If you're a secondary guy just hang around their armies. The AI tends to mobilize when it sees you in action, but being an overseas invader I'd probably take it slow. If the AI won't move its stack from its homeland to go overseas, try landing far away from the hostile target and walk in, that might make them move.

If the ally was local to Norway just sail to his lands first, in other words.

edit: vvvv Die. Debt is reset to 0. Maybe first get rid of some of those things that are bankrupting you? Abdicating probably also works.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 2, 2022

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is there any way to get out of a post-feudalism debt spiral or is my current run just hosed?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know I was complaining about my murder schemes always failing, but I guess if you don't succeed, try, try again. Managed to break up the Byzantines by murdering the first in line, so the empire was inherited by a 10 year old instead. That didn't work as intended, so 20 years later, I murdered that guy, which caused his 1 year old to inherit the empire, and it pretty much immediately started breaking up. I still need to figure out why some murder plots are so successful and others just have no chance. This last one, the scheme was even discovered, but it still had a 83% chance to succeed. I bribed one more Duke to join in and it was back up to 95%. That emperor must have really been hated.

Hizawk posted:

Am I missing something with AI and Allies against AI? How do I bring my armies to support an ally without just getting absolutely rolled as soon as they show up?

I reunited Ireland and was asked to support a war in Norway-ish area, and when my army arrived the enemy stack just murdered all my guys then went and murdered the nordish guys

If you're that outnumbered, you should try to land near your allies so you can support them. If you can't land right near them, then land far away from the enemy and walk towards your allies. The penalty for recently disembarked is pretty high, so taking on an enemy right after landing can get you crushed.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Your scheme can be exposed if its base secrecy is rubbish (don't do that), and I'm pretty sure their spymaster running interference can expose stuff as a rng event. Being exposed, otoh, is only a -75% chance to succeed (and resulting secrecy lost), and so can be powered through if you really want. Anecdotally, I've found if I make sure the scheme starts at 95% and stays there I don't really have much to worry about.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a particular tick when achievements are checked?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Is there any way to get out of a post-feudalism debt spiral or is my current run just hosed?

Are you a culture head with lots of coastal provinces?

Practiced Pirates. Welcome to the Raiding life.

If not, disband men at arms, then allow yourself to be deposed as king in favour of another claimant. Play as a feudal vassal as a while, you may find you have fewer financial obligations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Serephina posted:

Your scheme can be exposed if its base secrecy is rubbish (don't do that), and I'm pretty sure their spymaster running interference can expose stuff as a rng event. Being exposed, otoh, is only a -75% chance to succeed (and resulting secrecy lost), and so can be powered through if you really want. Anecdotally, I've found if I make sure the scheme starts at 95% and stays there I don't really have much to worry about.

I pretty much never start a murder scheme unless it starts at 95%. I just had some bad luck I guess where I tried a couple of schemes at 95% and had a bunch get exposed, so I had to cancel my plans. This time, both went through without me getting caught.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Technowolf posted:

Start working those contracts, now that they exist. Set people to collect taxes. Blackmail people for a while, if you have the intrigue. Lie, cheat, and steal. Take the decisions that give you free poo poo, even if it costs another resource. Marry a good woman (or man), who is good with money. Schmooze with all your vassals to become beloved.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
or go full tyrant and let your heir pick up the pieces if you get killed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So after marrying people off all over the place in the earlier start i've become queen of a fairly large area after my character died except I now have no inheritable titles so my game will be over when I die. What do I need to do to get a title to let me continue

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
How you can you not have any inheritable titles? All elective?

If thats the case, you can remove the elective law from each title at a prestige cost. Or work on making some someone from you dynasty elected

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

So after marrying people off all over the place in the earlier start i've become queen of a fairly large area after my character died except I now have no inheritable titles so my game will be over when I die. What do I need to do to get a title to let me continue

Well the problem isn't that you have no inheritable titles, it's that you have no titles that will be inherited by members of your dynasty. Do you have kids? Are they of the wrong dynasty? You can look into divorce and remarrying matrilineally to get children of your dynasty who could inherit at least something through partition, though if you're sufficiently old that won't work for obvious reasons. An alternative would be adding elective to one of your titles, and getting a member of your dynasty to win that election; picking a duchy that you own all the counties in works great for that since you can just pick the winner, but also requires you to have access to elective laws, which not all cultures/governments have.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The character has a daughter but I can't get any more due to a chaste husband who is refusing divorce. I'll check out dynasties though. It's annoying I had taking over another kingdom via marriage organised and then the queen and my heir both died at the same time. Wasn't even aware this character was a ruler

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Jose posted:

The character has a daughter but I can't get any more due to a chaste husband who is refusing divorce. I'll check out dynasties though. It's annoying I had taking over another kingdom via marriage organised and then the queen and my heir both died at the same time. Wasn't even aware this character was a ruler

Seduce someone.

Stab the husband and matrilineally remarry someone lustful.

Is the daughter of your dynasty? Can you change laws to allow the daughter to inherit?

Edit: If you change your main title to an elective law like Feudal elective, are there any dynasty member vassals you can make your heir?

Servetus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 2, 2022

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Question about how character events are weighted:

When I play as a single province count (the best way to start) I will always make my character a lunatic. The reason for this is, as a lunatic, an event can trigger where you can build a greenhouse.

Anecdotally, I notice that some lunatics are more of a lunatic than others. My last character I had something like 4 or 5 lunatic events trigger in childhood. In that characters life I got the greenhouse event three times.

This playthrough, I haven't gotten ANY lunatic events and I don't think that the greenhouse will proc this run. This has happened before.

So, I'm just wondering: is this random and I'm getting lucky or unlucky? Are there degrees of being a lunatic (extremely a lunatic to barely a lunatic) OR, can certain situations arise where a trait like this is just ignored?

I'd appreciate your insight. Trying to create optimal conditions to create a greenhouse on whatever awful rock I decide to play on next.

EDIT: If a trait appears last in your character sheet... Is it weighed last?

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
My last couple games have seen me form Brittania as Count Alfred of Wessex's Grandson, and the HRE as Louis the Germans Grandson, but for all the work I put in I always get absolutely turbo stomped on our crusades, I'm so bad at them as the big leader for them.Much better as a sneaky king that swoops in to save the day rather than the guy with all the levies.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 3, 2022