Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I was under the impression Yuji Horii owned the Dragon Quest IP fully? In theory, he could go to another publisher for the next Dragon Quest game. It's just unlikely because Square-Enix is what is tradition now.

Horii/Armour Project owns it but SE has the exclusive contract and you bet your rear end they'll hold onto that for dear life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vikar Jerome posted:

deus ex 5 is in the geforce now leak. :shrug:

So is Untitled TCG 3, but for some reason people aren't excited about that one.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cleretic posted:

they're more into notepad++

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

Star ocean isnt triple a, lmao

It is, in my heart

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It is, in my heart

Tri-Ace is really just 3 As - perhaps Star Ocean was the real AAA game all along?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cleretic posted:

I'd be interested in trying that Final Fantasy TCG if they made a digital client like Arena for M:tG

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Onean posted:

:dafuq:

Where have you heard this? I'm willing to accept I haven't heard anything about this due to media bias, but that's news to me. If it's just concerning the past 5 months or so, remember that they had to completely stop selling the game and turned off trial accounts because their servers couldn't handle the player counts. That's obviously going to show up negatively. If it's more recent info, then that's not really that alarming since there's always a major fall-off after a new expansion, and that's pretty standard for every online game. Is it more severe this time? (Though even that shouldn't be surprising: more total players will always lead to higher numbers falling off after updates.)

They're going from every 3.5 months to every 4 months, give or take a week or two. That's not that significant. Seasonal events have always been a thing, and rerunning previous limited events only makes sense with the explosion of new players they had over the past year. Even if a significant portion of those players moved on to something else (which nobody should have expected any of the bigger personalities, and thus their communities, to really stay with one game after being burned by the WoW fallout, especially someone like Asmon who never really stopped with WoW in the first place) it's still a substantial increase from the people that stayed, and there's even still late joiners even now just starting with the introduction of being able to fully play through ARR 2.0 in single-player.

The .x5 content releases has more merit as a driver to attempt extend subscriptions to a longer period than one or two months every patch, but that's nothing new. Relic weapons have (almost?) always been .x5 content, and sidequests aren't unusual either. The Scholasticate in HW was 3.15, though the follow-ups were 3.4 and 3.5, while Hildibrand started as .x content but then went to 4.25 and remained .x5 for the rest of that expansion. Hell, we could look all the way back to ARR and the Delivery Moogle quests, which were spread out across 2.3, 2.38, 2.4, 2.45, 2.5, 2.51 and 2.55. Looking at Heavensward for non-sidequest stuff added in the very first expansion, Palace of the Dead was 3.35 and 3.45 while the first Custom Delivery was 3.55 (though the rest, save the next, were .x content in future expansions), and of course Anima weapon updates always fell on the 3.x5 updates too. It's just part of the business when making/playing a subscription game.

Even "we had to turn off the free trial because so many people wanted to buy our game" sounds loving amazing with the right marketing spin. If SE eats poo poo and gets bought out (lmao), it won't be because their MMO was doing badly.

Tae posted:

:negative:

Clarste posted:

A lot of CEOs are true believers in the magical money fairy of NFTs.

It still boggles my mind and really does a lot to dispel any notion that this demographic of people knows any better. Of course we could end up being the idiots in 20 years time but I'd count myself fortunate to not see that world.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

It is, in my heart

Same, but Valkyrie Profile instead of Star Ocean. And mostly just the first game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Horii/Armour Project owns it but SE has the exclusive contract and you bet your rear end they'll hold onto that for dear life.

Yeah but in the unlikely scenario Square-Enix goes bankrupt that contract would be void and Horii could negotiate a new one with someone else. Final Fantasy would die or be bought up by someone while Dragon Quest would continue under a new publisher without any major changes.

Course this is all a hypothetical bizarro universe situation, none of this would ever happen.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I've posted in this thread before about the mod I made for FF9, David Bowie Edition, which is a gameplay mod that changes a whole bunch of skills, items, monsters and so on, with a bunch of minor quality of life improvements as well (eg. only need to catch 69 frogs for Quale to show up). Previously I had said that it was for vanilla FF9 only and that it did not work with Moguri. That has changed: it can now be used with Moguri, meaning you can make use of the enhanced graphics, turn-based battles and guaranteed stealing provided by playing in the Memoria engine.

I haven't had time to play through the entire game to bug test it yet, but my guess is that it'll probably work just fine. The mod can be installed easily using Memoria's new mod manager, if you want to try it, do the following steps:

1. Install the latest version of Moguri, the download link is as follows: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/mirror/216757/127/bfacb6ef7e75fa89cd9b57b3d09a2a23

2. Download and run the latest version of the Memoria patcher from this page: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/releases. Note that when you run the patcher, Windows may pop up a dialog saying the file is unsafe; this appears to be a false positive and is probably not unexpected given how the patcher works.

3. Launch FF9. You should now see a different looking screen from what you would normally get with Moguri, what you'll want to click is the "Install Mods" button in the upper right-hand corner. From there, click the Browse Catalog tab and you should see the mod listed. Not everything listed is current available for direct download through the manager, but from what I can tell that will change soon.

4. Install David Bowie Edition and go back to the Installed Mods tab. Activate the Moguri and David Bowie Edition mod files. From here you may need to alter the load order; so long as David Bowie Edition is listed above the Moguri files it should work just fine.

I'm still screwing around with things and making sure that nothing drastic is broken, if anyone gives this a shot and runs into trouble, let me know where it happened and I'll see if I can figure it out. On paper I haven't changed things drastically enough for there to be major problems, but you never know.

edit: also should probably start a new game if trying this, the way I messed around with equipment would lead to some oddities if you started the mod in the middle of an ongoing game.

thanks for posting this, I've been waiting to try DBE!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Does every character have a prominent crotch bulge now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Careful, you might end up resurrecting some Nier Replicant discourse here.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Was the Proud Cloud always a joke? Even in my hard mod, after the hellish fight with the Turks, I beat the thing in two tries, and the first time I just gave up prematurely because of an early KO. The Turks don't even get boss music while these two nitwits in their worthless, oversized toy robot get the awesome Shinra theme. I guess it's a fitting end - when you first hear the theme it's when the Shinra are the greatest threat in the world. Now it's reduced to Gya ha ha and Kya ha ha and dies a suitably pathetic death.

The whole return to Midgar section is phenomenal. I love Cid's theme playing as we parachute in, I love hearing Bomb Mission again, I love finding other party members doing their own thing in the fight. Disk 1 and 2 both have such incredible climaxes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I've posted in this thread before about the mod I made for FF9, David Bowie Edition, which is a gameplay mod that changes a whole bunch of skills, items, monsters and so on, with a bunch of minor quality of life improvements as well (eg. only need to catch 69 frogs for Quale to show up). Previously I had said that it was for vanilla FF9 only and that it did not work with Moguri. That has changed: it can now be used with Moguri, meaning you can make use of the enhanced graphics, turn-based battles and guaranteed stealing provided by playing in the Memoria engine.

I haven't had time to play through the entire game to bug test it yet, but my guess is that it'll probably work just fine. The mod can be installed easily using Memoria's new mod manager, if you want to try it, do the following steps:

1. Install the latest version of Moguri, the download link is as follows: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/mirror/216757/127/bfacb6ef7e75fa89cd9b57b3d09a2a23

2. Download and run the latest version of the Memoria patcher from this page: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/releases. Note that when you run the patcher, Windows may pop up a dialog saying the file is unsafe; this appears to be a false positive and is probably not unexpected given how the patcher works.

3. Launch FF9. You should now see a different looking screen from what you would normally get with Moguri, what you'll want to click is the "Install Mods" button in the upper right-hand corner. From there, click the Browse Catalog tab and you should see the mod listed. Not everything listed is current available for direct download through the manager, but from what I can tell that will change soon.

4. Install David Bowie Edition and go back to the Installed Mods tab. Activate the Moguri and David Bowie Edition mod files. From here you may need to alter the load order; so long as David Bowie Edition is listed above the Moguri files it should work just fine.

I'm still screwing around with things and making sure that nothing drastic is broken, if anyone gives this a shot and runs into trouble, let me know where it happened and I'll see if I can figure it out. On paper I haven't changed things drastically enough for there to be major problems, but you never know.

edit: also should probably start a new game if trying this, the way I messed around with equipment would lead to some oddities if you started the mod in the middle of an ongoing game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPatnSv96FU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CarlCX posted:

As someone who fell in love with the series as a child thanks to FF4 on the SNES I just now in the year twenty twenty two played and completed The After Years for the first time. Is this where the support group meets?

What you didn't like the fanfic-turned-videogame that isn't merely content with ruining the NES+SNES Final Fantasy games but also felt compelled to lazily rip off Chrono Trigger for the end boss? :shepface:

Barudak posted:

Gotta buy em while microsoft is busy with activision. Really thought MS would be angling for Crystal Dynamics after SE made them guns for hire

Edit: SE is absolutely up next on the acquisition block now

MS buying them and firing the blockchain-loving CEO would be perfectly acceptable tbh.

Varance posted:

As far as mobile goes... NieR Reincarnation is underperforming, FFBE and WOTV revenues are running lower, FFRK and DFF:OO have one foot in the mobile grave. I wouldn't expect the Mana series gacha title to do much better than NieR.

Brave Frontier ran forever so FFBE will probably go until SE just decides to pull the plug because it's not making enough profit even though they aren't directly working on it. I'm glad WOTV is struggling because that game's monetization and grind design is something that needs to be crushed mercilessly. The Mana game is interesting but I don't see it being a big hit and the slow burn grind is very noticeable prtty early on. Making action games on mobile without controller support should be banned by law as well.

Though if SE goes all-in on blockchain and NFT nonsense then the company deserves to collapse and crush the pay2earn-loving CEO.

Tae posted:

It's An Awful rear end series. :v:

Maybe it'll get good again one day but I doubt it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Final Fantasy 2 Pixel Remaster and Romancing Saga 3 at the same time is like watching someone take all the opposite path from what I would have done.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Thanks for the education on who Embracer is. I guess I don't have to worry about no more Tomb Raiders now, but I still have to be concerned about dumb NFT bullshit in SE games going forward. Ideally that idiot house of cards will crumble before they go too hard on implementation. Until I see some proof of concept from them I'm not going to worry too much, I don't really see how NFT poo poo can be integrated into story based JRPG titles unless it's just gacha but worse.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Professor Beetus posted:

Thanks for the education on who Embracer is. I guess I don't have to worry about no more Tomb Raiders now, but I still have to be concerned about dumb NFT bullshit in SE games going forward. Ideally that idiot house of cards will crumble before they go too hard on implementation. Until I see some proof of concept from them I'm not going to worry too much, I don't really see how NFT poo poo can be integrated into story based JRPG titles unless it's just gacha but worse.

It'll be gacha but worse but it'll also either be wildly unsuccessful (like every other major attempt to get in on this scam in the game industry has been) or be cancelled before it actually happens because NFTs are already basically dead as a concept.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Wouldn't have that Square feeling if the company wasn't on shaky ground while still being a formative part of my life

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

No, I just looked it up. It was Kazushige Nojima, the guy who wrote the FFX games who said that he wants to make X-3, Nomura confirmed in a 2021 interview that a document for X-3 exists but it's sleeping, not that "He wants to make X-3"

Also, it was pretty clear when I said "He didn't 'do' 1 or 2" to mean he didn't make it, He was not the director or the producer, not that he didn't design characters for it.

So, no, you are in fact wrong he never said he wanted to make it, he only confirms that it does exist. Nojima, who wrote the games is the one who wants to make it.

no it was Nomura op

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm not sure if model editing is at a point where we can do full Jareth support yet

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Looking forward to the new $300m blockchain games

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dross posted:

Kasandora’s second act never triggered for me on the Actraiser remake even though I’ve done everything that can be done, so I’m stuck with an unfinishable save and I’m salty about it

I remember having a problem getting to the final act of Kasandora but that's only because the plague stops your resource generators from functioning during the tower defense segment leading to the final area, and it's practically impossible to win that battle without them. So you have to go and do the Aitos and Maranha islands almost in entirety before you can finish Kasandora. It's dumb. It doesn't sound like that's the same problem you had but it does seem like they did gently caress up Kasandora a lot in the remake. I still think it's pretty good for 20 bucks though, especially since they don't want to release the original on SNES Online.

NikkolasKing posted:

Apparently there is an infamous enemy in FFVII's Battle Square, the ghost boat thing.

I was feeling pretty good about getting Omnislash, I got 10,000 in my first pretty easy run. I've got nothing since then with at least two times being due to this rear end in a top hat who can just eject you at the start of the final round.

I didn't remember this at all, I always ignored the Battle Square because I was under the mistaken belief you lost all your points if you lost at any point instead of simply losing the points you had acquired during that failed run. So again I was feeling optimistic until I ran into this guy.

What a dick move, game. You gain no real points at all unless you clear all the fights which means you might be doing so good until you run into this rear end in a top hat.

So two things. One, the ghost boat is undead, so it will be instant killed by an Elixir. Phoenix Down also works, but it has a chance to miss (I think 25%?) so Elixir is the safer method to just win the battle.

Two, using a Smoke Bomb or casting Exit will allow you to leave the arena and keep the points you earned up to that fight. So you can keep the points during a failed run if you bail out in time! Of course, if you get magic materia and items blocked then you're just screwed.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

So two things. One, the ghost boat is undead, so it will be instant killed by an Elixir. Phoenix Down also works, but it has a chance to miss (I think 25%?) so Elixir is the safer method to just win the battle.

Two, using a Smoke Bomb or casting Exit will allow you to leave the arena and keep the points you earned up to that fight. So you can keep the points during a failed run if you bail out in time! Of course, if you get magic materia and items blocked then you're just screwed.

That's good to know but the first two times I fought him he used it instantly before I could do anything. I think my accessory Sprint Shoes were broken and yeah, Yuffie is my Blue Mage and had no Haste. "What about Big Guard" you might ask. I think the mod is a bit broken because I can't Manipulate the Beachplugs or Blue Dragon at all even with HypnoCrown so no Big Guard or Dragon Force for me. And you're definitely supposed to be able to do the latter so that's why I think it's a bug.

But whatever, I eventually got 32,060 points, just barely enough to get Omnislash but that's all I wanted.

Dunno if you ever saw my thanks for your suggestions on materia allotments for my class challenge. But thanks again.

So I just beat Hojo in my hard mod and found both him and the Proud Cloud to be super easy. I'm overleveled to be sure but a guide tells me they were easy even in the base game. The Turks, on the other hand, are another story entirely. I freely admit a bit of luck saved my bacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZEIW72ecs

Moving on to story considerations, I've always been torn on what to do with this decision. If you do Wutai, you can elect not to fight them, and Reno is happy to leave if you give him the opportunity. But while the party and the Turks no longer have the kind of enmity they did towards each other early in the story, just "walking away" is such an...ignoble end. Like Reno says there if you do choose to fight, "We have to end this...like Turks!" There's no hatred in this final battle, it's an honorable duel between rivals and that's how the Turks should go out of the game, in my opinion.

Also find it funny Elena is actually the highest level of the three of them while Reno is the lowest.

Also also this fight taught me Counter Attack doesn't work while Berserked. Unfortunate.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 2, 2022

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I play Stranger of Paradise far, far too aggressively. Just because I have the means to get more offense in than your usual Soulslike doesn't mean I should. Take the Iron Giant for example. I thought I could be cute, hitting with quick attacks charged up with lightning while dodging and Soul Shielding whenever possible. That thing has ridiculous range and speed on its attacks, so that strategy turned out to be a terrible idea. Keeping my distance, getting shots in when I could while it was on cooldown, especially in the second phase and doing the occasional Soul Shield when I could to get MP back for War Cry (I went Tyrant/Warrior) and reapply element worked much better. I keep getting lulled into a false sense of security, but surprise! Still a Soulslike! (Or Nioh-like as it were). That's a habit I definitely need to rid myself of.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I got FF9 and David Bowie Edition working on my Steam Deck. I love this gadget so much

e: actually, vladdy, is there a discord or anything you use for DBE? I don't want to clog up this thread if I have questions. I'm controlling Steiner for the first time and I'm realizing I have a chicken knife and three excalipoors in my inventory that I have no idea where they came from

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 3, 2022

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Grimthwacker posted:

I play Stranger of Paradise far, far too aggressively. Just because I have the means to get more offense in than your usual Soulslike doesn't mean I should. Take the Iron Giant for example. I thought I could be cute, hitting with quick attacks charged up with lightning while dodging and Soul Shielding whenever possible. That thing has ridiculous range and speed on its attacks, so that strategy turned out to be a terrible idea. Keeping my distance, getting shots in when I could while it was on cooldown, especially in the second phase and doing the occasional Soul Shield when I could to get MP back for War Cry (I went Tyrant/Warrior) and reapply element worked much better. I keep getting lulled into a false sense of security, but surprise! Still a Soulslike! (Or Nioh-like as it were). That's a habit I definitely need to rid myself of.

I’m exactly the same and in Chaos 300 I’m still trying to train myself to not rush in and button mash. You might try the invisibility command ability from assassin. It makes enemies basically never target you and lets you really go to town.

The difficulty curve in this game is so weird. It gets harder and harder up until you get a set of gear you can actually keep, then mastery points and gear upgrading turn you into a glass cannon and it gets much easier. Even with a very unoptimized build on a pretty weak class (paladin), I do bonkers damage against almost everything.

Does anyone know how to make companions useful in chaos difficulty without huge amounts of grinding? Sophia heals me and buffs me occasionally as sage, and when she pulls out an ultima it does decent-ish damage, but she can get focused down pretty fast. Ash as a liberator is tougher (though can still get clobbered pretty quick with bad luck), but he barely scratches enemies. I haven’t customized their gear at all because they’re limited in what they can equip and I don’t think I can find good affinity combos for them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I’m exactly the same and in Chaos 300 I’m still trying to train myself to not rush in and button mash. You might try the invisibility command ability from assassin. It makes enemies basically never target you and lets you really go to town.

The difficulty curve in this game is so weird. It gets harder and harder up until you get a set of gear you can actually keep, then mastery points and gear upgrading turn you into a glass cannon and it gets much easier. Even with a very unoptimized build on a pretty weak class (paladin), I do bonkers damage against almost everything.

Does anyone know how to make companions useful in chaos difficulty without huge amounts of grinding? Sophia heals me and buffs me occasionally as sage, and when she pulls out an ultima it does decent-ish damage, but she can get focused down pretty fast. Ash as a liberator is tougher (though can still get clobbered pretty quick with bad luck), but he barely scratches enemies. I haven’t customized their gear at all because they’re limited in what they can equip and I don’t think I can find good affinity combos for them.

Only at Chaos 205 so far, but my companions have stayed useful just with auto-optimised gear. Maybe that changes later, but they still seem to reliably clear house with Resonance.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I got FF9 and David Bowie Edition working on my Steam Deck. I love this gadget so much

e: actually, vladdy, is there a discord or anything you use for DBE? I don't want to clog up this thread if I have questions. I'm controlling Steiner for the first time and I'm realizing I have a chicken knife and three excalipoors in my inventory that I have no idea where they came from

Oh god, something has gone horribly wrong there. When I get home from work I will nab PMs. Evidently something has not carried over correctly from vanilla, initial equipment and item pickups should be radically different than what you have there.

This is after a starting a brand new game right?

3 Excalipoors right off the bat is... really strange.

Edit this is especially odd since the Excalipoor actually takes over the original broadsword weapon slot in the game, but I don't think it's possible to even have three broadswords yet. Steiner should have one and that's it until Dali

dracula vladdy AF fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 3, 2022

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

They’re not terrible, but how useful they are really depends on luck. I’ve had multiple fights where they got knocked out within seconds of the fight starting if things go wrong. Other times they hold their own and distract enemies enough for me to kill them. Occasionally they’ll actually contribute meaningful damage, but at this point it’s pretty rare. That’s probably also because Jack kills everything incredibly quickly by himself without needing their help.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oh god, something has gone horribly wrong there. When I get home from work I will nab PMs. Evidently something has not carried over correctly from vanilla, initial equipment and item pickups should be radically different than what you have there.

This is after a starting a brand new game right?

3 Excalipoors right off the bat is... really strange.

Edit this is especially odd since the Excalipoor actually takes over the original broadsword weapon slot in the game, but I don't think it's possible to even have three broadswords yet. Steiner should have one and that's it until Dali

I actually think everything is fine besides the item pickups, I think I'll start a new game and try to figure out exactly when I got them. I'm not sure I started out with them

Zidane and Steiner had their Mage Masher and Iron Sword, which have the abilities Speed of Life and Add Status, and then Minus Strike, respectively

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

I actually think everything is fine besides the item pickups, I think I'll start a new game and try to figure out exactly when I got them. I'm not sure I started out with them

Zidane and Steiner had their Mage Masher and Iron Sword, which have the abilities Speed of Life and Add Status, and then Minus Strike, respectively

I wonder if something has gone wrong with the initial items (potions, ect) the player starts with. This sucks, I have six and a half hours left of work and I am desperate to see what happened here, especially if the initial equips are normal.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Yeah, that's the Nioh difficulty curve, so that makes sense. Nioh's pretty challenging on a first playthrough because it has a fairly technical, precise combat system that punishes mistakes harshly. But once you're in NG+ and can grind out crazy gear sets, the difficulty plummets and you start being able to do so much damage that you nuke bosses down in seconds. The player's power growth dramatically outpaces enemies' power growth. It's like two entirely different games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm going to start a DBE/Moguri/Memoria run this evening so I can report on the starting items in a bit if that's any help

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

No Dignity posted:

I'm going to start a DBE/Moguri/Memoria run this evening so I can report on the starting items in a bit if that's any help

That would be a ton of help, thank you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if something has gone wrong with the initial items (potions, ect) the player starts with. This sucks, I have six and a half hours left of work and I am desperate to see what happened here, especially if the initial equips are normal.

we get off work at similar times, I'll dig into it when I get home and we'll figure out where the heck these legendary pieces of poo poo are coming from

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

legendary pieces of poo poo

New thread title?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
It's pretty obvious they sold Eidos for quick liquidity for their NFT play, Square Enix isn't in trouble they just wanted some cash to burn.

Edit: They might be in serious trouble when this 'play to earn' horseshit flames out spectacularly though

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 3, 2022

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's shocking that otherwise successful and stable studios would be treated as quick cash, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

it's shocking that otherwise successful and stable studios would be treated as quick cash, though

They've been treated with utter disdain for the past decade so it's not hugely surprising. Literally no level of blockbuster success was good enough for Square, and I hope in five years' time they realise how short sighted this decision was.