Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DarklyDreaming posted:

"Well King George III wasn't perfect but I wouldn't have risked my life toppling his rule" Is a hell of a thing for a Right-Wing media commentator to say :staredog:

1776 Never Again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

couldn't do it. made it 30 minutes. god it's interminable.

I might have to wait for a Formulaic Objections episode on this, since my office mate and I have a veto rule on what we listen to and she put a hard NO on a 6 hour deposition. It would be nice to have a little commentary, since my legal expertise is basically zero.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 2, 2022

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ALL THE COCAINE!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

In reality, I am not surprised by anyone right wing looking towards a monarch or authoritarian.

Single individuals or groups can totally keep the status quo while whole communities and democracies directly leads to change.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

In reality, I am not surprised by anyone right wing looking towards a monarch or authoritarian.

Single individuals or groups can totally keep the status quo while whole communities and democracies directly leads to change.

Yeah no poo poo, it's just funny when he turns around and pretends care about the Founding Fathers and/or the Constitution next episode

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah no poo poo, it's just funny when he turns around and pretends care about the Founding Fathers and/or the Constitution next episode

It is extremely funny when his battlecry is "1776"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

jase1 posted:

The newest episode is a banger. Alex is insane.

Yeah, that was weird, especially when he started breathing through his nose like Bill Hicks doing the "Goat Boy" bit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I mean, he's been like this his whole career. All this has been laid bare. No one's listening to his stochastic screeds cause you can't actually listen to him because his worldview is nonsensical and contradictory. It's not actionable because the enemies are undefinable and untouchable. Globalists may echo certain groups and certain power figures, but they're actually a coalition of inter-dimensional alien beings that are trying to destroy humanity's ascent. Or they're devils trying to stop God's plan. Alex' calls to action are ultimately to keep him on air, his audience ultimately listening out of identity rather than any sort of ideological commitment, as any principles or policy goals have long since reversed themselves as everything melts away into grievance.

There's just nothing left to learn, man. I donno how Dan does it.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Regrettably, enough people do listen. Dan does seem to have a general list of the people who were stochastic agents of Alex, while Elizabeth Williamson made a good case that the Comet Ping Pong gunman was also one of his, but these agents' interpretations of what Alex seems to want from them is usually a confused mess. It is like they were reacting to the general "vibe" of what Alex was saying, but had to fill in most of the blanks with their own ideas; both for the impetus towards violence in the first place (as designed by this process) but also in what the violence is even for at all.

It does paint Alex's whole "all gun violence that paints my allies in a bad light is a government conspiracy were they turned a mentally ill person into a 'patsy'" thing in a different light. Alex would certainly know all about that, though not for the reasons he'd like.

I do wonder when the calls towards violence generally started on the show. My impression of the current 03 investigation suggests it wasn't really a factor at the time, but we know it happened at least since Sandy Hook.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 3, 2022

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Morbidly curious as to how Alex will take credit for Roe V Wade being overturned

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's a little amusing but maybe also a little bit sad for Dan how early in the run of the show he was sick of covering modern Alex Jones and wanted every episode to be from the past.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Morbidly curious as to how Alex will take credit for Roe V Wade being overturned

Most of the right-wing hateosphere is angrier about the leaks than happier about their inevitable culture war victory. So I get the feeling that's what Jones will harp on.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 4, 2022

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Is Sandy Hook the reason why Alex was deplatformed? If he didn't hang his hat on that would he be more powerful now or still in the poo poo?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
If it wasn't that, he would have found something else to harass people over.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

jase1 posted:

Is Sandy Hook the reason why Alex was deplatformed? If he didn't hang his hat on that would he be more powerful now or still in the poo poo?

It's impossible to say with any certainty, but I'm sure he'd have found another beehive to stick his dick in.

If nothing else, it's difficult to imagine a timeline where his platform survives COVID.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have binged this whole series in a few weeks and it's better than anything I have ever listened to. I can't wait to see how this continues.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

jase1 posted:

It seems like the dam only really broke when Jones went to DC and embarrassed Silicon Valley people during what would have been a toothless Congressional inquiry.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/09/alex-jones-infowars-senate-social-media-hearing-google-facebook-twitter.html

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

jase1 posted:

I have binged this whole series in a few weeks and it's better than anything I have ever listened to. I can't wait to see how this continues.

There's got to be 900 hours of knowledge fight. If you finished it in less than 2 months I have some concerns about your mental state.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I binged the Kerry Cassowary episodes and then maybe the 100 most recent episodes? Took me a month

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Cat Puke posted:

There's got to be 900 hours of knowledge fight. If you finished it in less than 2 months I have some concerns about your mental state.

It's time to pray for jase1.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Antigravitas posted:

It's time to pray for jase1.

More than you might think! I wish the next bankruptcy court hearing wasn’t at the end of the month.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Yeah I’m like at the tail of end of cancer killing me. So while I was in chemo for a bit I binged most of this and I have been traveling a lot so tons of free time to listen to stuff. When you are close to dying your mental state doesn’t really matter anymore plus I have learned I don’t sleep much at all anymore so when I wake up I just binge listen to podcasts and grind video games to kill time before I die. I’m just happy I discovered this podcast in time so I can listen to Alex start to go down in real time. I have lost real friends over him. I researched all about him about 20 years ago and was trying to convince my best friend to stop listening to him but it just ruined our friendship. That dude is a Q guy now and crazy as ever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Q and other right wing horseshit like it have cost a lot of us in the same ways. Covid nearly killed my father. My step-mom is anti-vax even though she watched him nearly die on a vent and she saw that the vaccine did no harm to him. When he caught omicron early this year, she tried to get him to take ivermectin.

She doesn't mean bad - she's just lived her whole life in a bubble and the information from that bubble is garbage. Her mind is poisoned to the point where my father and her just simply do not talk about certain topics because there will be disagreements.

I agree that I can't wait to see Jones finally face his day in court. It's a shame they were able to again sidetrack things with yet another improper removal to federal court.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

No knowledge fight today?!?!?

I thought they said they would be back on Wednesday. Listening to them makes me happy before going to school to teach history and civics to high school students.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

No knowledge fight today?!?!?

I thought they said they would be back on Wednesday. Listening to them makes me happy before going to school to teach history and civics to high school students.

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1521567438244089858?t=I_2jtld1U4fAsIDD6ZrD4A&s=19

Afraid not.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gives them more time to prepare for the next Formulaic Objections

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Loved how at the end of the last episode, Roger Stone came on to complain about getting immediately banned for re-registering on twitter (just like pillow guy did), and before he came on Alex Jones started on a spiel about how his ban was FAKE NEWS before Stone had to correct him that it actually happened and explain why he did it. :lol:

Bad thing happen to conservative = fake news I guess

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Well, time to return to the Russian Revolution. Strangely enough, the Bolsheviks really do have some authoritarian similarities to today’s right wing loonies.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wednesday episodes are a blessing and I'm glad Dan gets to take some time for himself.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I am tempted to go through and calculate what percentage of Wednesdays have had a new episode since he announced years ago that there would be no more Wednesday episodes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
When exactly did Alex get sued? I'm listening through the back catalog and on episode 99 (Nov 1st, 2017) both he and Roger freaked out HARD on air

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

jase1 posted:

Yeah I’m like at the tail of end of cancer killing me. So while I was in chemo for a bit I binged most of this and I have been traveling a lot so tons of free time to listen to stuff. When you are close to dying your mental state doesn’t really matter anymore plus I have learned I don’t sleep much at all anymore so when I wake up I just binge listen to podcasts and grind video games to kill time before I die. I’m just happy I discovered this podcast in time so I can listen to Alex start to go down in real time. I have lost real friends over him. I researched all about him about 20 years ago and was trying to convince my best friend to stop listening to him but it just ruined our friendship. That dude is a Q guy now and crazy as ever.

Well, here's hoping he goes down hard fast and hilarious.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I believe it was the second week of April 2018 when the suit was first filed. I swear it’s like April 17th or 18th.

He was also sued by the yogurt people in 2017 that one was hilarious. He was freaking out on air about it. That’s like in the #30-#40 episodes of knowledge fight. I can’t remember which ones specifically.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1522335757221965826

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

oh so he is Will Sasso now

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Why do chuds fuckin love destroying poo poo they've already paid for as protest

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

God he looks so pathetic in that video. lol. What a loser, little titty baby

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looking forward to Alex's Gallagher phase

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Boy, he sure showed him. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KitConstantine posted:

Why do chuds fuckin love destroying poo poo they've already paid for as protest

They're bad with money tbh. For people who are obsessed with balanced budgets and income, chuds are almost always comically bad at it. Alex does seem to be good at getting wingbat welfare though.