Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

nesamdoom posted:

Doubt it but I'm gonna try on tablet

Lol, I knew I couldn't. Expectation=Reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

hello byob I've been at a cabin with bad Posting Air so I couldn't post (but I also couldn't lurk)

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

more falafel please posted:

hello byob I've been at a cabin with bad Posting Air so I couldn't post (but I also couldn't lurk)

Did you carve comical images into wood with witty jokes and chuck them into a stream? Kuz that's close to posting.

MCMXCV

Don't think I've eaten breakfast regularly since high school, and even then, it was always light. Thinking about it, hardly ever eat lunch either. I'm more of a exclusively dinner sort of person.

Manifisto

nesamdoom posted:

hell yeah this is good

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

nesamdoom posted:

Did you carve comical images into wood with witty jokes and chuck them into a stream? Kuz that's close to posting.

my camp has at least 4 or 5 physical shitposts in it. there's a framed picture of a guy fishing during a big thunderstorm and another dude is duck hunting in the shallows saying "that guy must be a nut for fishing" which i've always loved.

also this requires a bit of ontario knowledge but here alchohol is 90% sold thru government stores, the main one being the lcbo, or liquor control board of ontario. some smartass took a board and very carefully painted liquor control board of ontario on it.

MCMXCV posted:

Don't think I've eaten breakfast regularly since high school, and even then, it was always light. Thinking about it, hardly ever eat lunch either. I'm more of a exclusively dinner sort of person.

pretty much the same as this. pouring one out for all the gossip i'd miss at the breakfast places the night after drinks with pals when i'd decide to just stay back because the smell of food first thing in the morning when hungover would make me feel very sick.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh also if you're stealing someone's netflix subscription old enough is the best thing i have seen in a very long time and i've only seen one episode. it's small children going on tasks and i was absolutely wrapped up in this 2 year 9 month old kids journey to get fish cakes, curry and flowers.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

nesamdoom posted:

This is a good rear end dragon

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

I'm on a road trip. It's astounding how bad the food choices are for long distance truckers. They're sitting all day and then load up on salt and animal fat.

Oh gently caress. Hummus and cut up veg were the only thing I could find on I-40 and it SUCKED.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sarah Cenia posted:

byob what do you normally do for breakfast?

before turning 33, i could slap together some peanut butter bread or whatever and be ok having that before leaving for work.

after turning 33, eating anything the morning makes me want to throw it right back up. it's like a herculean task to have a bowl of cereal.

i tried preparing overnight oats and taking it with me, but one bite of that cold-rear end gruel and i was all, 'nah'

without food i'm a terrible version of myself but my lazy-rear end breakfasts are just not up to par anymore :(

Hello I am an old, I eat a lot of overnight oats both sweet and savory. Budget Bytes has incredibly good recipes for these! They're better than some people's recipes tbh. If you don't like that have you considered doing a sandwich you can freeze and grab and microwave? A lot of people like biscuit sandos, and there's good recipes for this if you want. Lemme know!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Sarah Cenia posted:

byob what do you normally do for breakfast?

before turning 33, i could slap together some peanut butter bread or whatever and be ok having that before leaving for work.

after turning 33, eating anything the morning makes me want to throw it right back up. it's like a herculean task to have a bowl of cereal.

i tried preparing overnight oats and taking it with me, but one bite of that cold-rear end gruel and i was all, 'nah'

without food i'm a terrible version of myself but my lazy-rear end breakfasts are just not up to par anymore :(

savory oatmeal with raw whole milk and some kind of protein, usually sausage, egg, and egg whites; chili crisp or Parmesan cheese

alternately, huel black 2.0 unsweetened and unflavored, blended with raw whole milk and fruits

more falafel please

forums poster

i am a breakfast struggler myself. i stopped eating breakfast regularly in high school and didn't start again til i was in my 30s. i don't have any actual desire to eat breakfast, i like breakfast-style foods but not in the morning. but due to Circumstances i pretty much need to eat breakfast or my body stops doing Body Things well, so i needed a solution that was fast and easy and reasonably cheap that i can buy in bulk, so i've ended up settling on a meal replacement shake situation. the macros are good for how i want to eat, it takes like 20 seconds to make, it's consistent, and while i wouldn't say i love drinking it, it's fine. they also make bars which are convenient for when i'm out of the house or need something on the go. it's probably not for everyone but i don't feel like i'm missing out on better food since if i had my druthers i wouldn't need to eat breakfast anyway

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

I usually do tamago kaki Gohan (raw egg mixed with soy sauce, and maybe chopped green onion, shichimi, or spicy sesame oil) with miso soup and pickles, or an egg over easy on toast and some fruit most days.

Finger Prince

I've never not eaten breakfast. Usually it's granola or muesli, sometimes toast if I have bread and I'm in the mood for it, sometimes eggs and toast or crispbreads and other accoutrements if I'm feeling fancy. We make our own granola because it's much more economical than store bought and easy to do.

cruft

Cardi BYOB posted:

Oh gently caress. Hummus and cut up veg were the only thing I could find on I-40 and it SUCKED.

That's a huge improvement over what there was in 1997 though. The ubiquity of Subway was a godsend too.

People are sometimes surprised that I like Subway. Like, I guess all they ever order is tuna and mayonnaise on white bread? But before subway my road trip options were either McDonald's french fries or McDonald's apple pies. Subway has raw vegetables and you can ask them to put on whatever you want. Like, I know the bread maybe isn't up to whatever your expectations are for fresh bread at the Flying J on I-40 in Oklahoma, but Subway figured out how to get tomatoes into truck stops and it's just the best.

In closing, as a vegetarian, I appreciate Subway.

sb hermit

more falafel please posted:

i am a breakfast struggler myself. i stopped eating breakfast regularly in high school and didn't start again til i was in my 30s. i don't have any actual desire to eat breakfast, i like breakfast-style foods but not in the morning. but due to Circumstances i pretty much need to eat breakfast or my body stops doing Body Things well, so i needed a solution that was fast and easy and reasonably cheap that i can buy in bulk, so i've ended up settling on a meal replacement shake situation. the macros are good for how i want to eat, it takes like 20 seconds to make, it's consistent, and while i wouldn't say i love drinking it, it's fine. they also make bars which are convenient for when i'm out of the house or need something on the go. it's probably not for everyone but i don't feel like i'm missing out on better food since if i had my druthers i wouldn't need to eat breakfast anyway

have you tried breakfast falafels? I don't know if they exist but maybe it could be a solution

sb hermit

also, mods please change my name to the breakfast struggler

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

That's a huge improvement over what there was in 1997 though. The ubiquity of Subway was a godsend too.

People are sometimes surprised that I like Subway. Like, I guess all they ever order is tuna and mayonnaise on white bread? But before subway my road trip options were either McDonald's french fries or McDonald's apple pies. Subway has raw vegetables and you can ask them to put on whatever you want. Like, I know the bread maybe isn't up to whatever your expectations are for fresh bread at the Flying J on I-40 in Oklahoma, but Subway figured out how to get tomatoes into truck stops and it's just the best.

In closing, as a vegetarian, I appreciate Subway.

The literal only reason I eat subway is road trips bc vegetables. Shockingly, sometimes the truck stop Indian cafes are actually really good, btw, and they have vegan plates out the ears. The place near Winslow, AZ is good.

cruft

Cardi BYOB posted:

The literal only reason I eat subway is road trips bc vegetables. Shockingly, sometimes the truck stop Indian cafes are actually really good, btw, and they have vegan plates out the ears. The place near Winslow, AZ is good.

I've made a note of this. We get down that way all the frickin' time.

The one down the street from the Tesla charger in Gallup is one of my personal favorites.

for fucks sake

i've been eating a version of the same breakfast for three or four years and i love it.

steel cut oats
a banana
handful of blueberries
raisins
nuts - either a teaspoon of almond butter or a handful of toasted pecans if i can be bothered
tablespoon of ground flaxseed

the steel cut oats take longer in the microwave but it's worth it. also this is kind of an expensive thing to eat every day given how much fresh blueberries cost where i live but i figure spending extra money on nutritious food is a pretty good investment compared to a lot of other things.

Manifisto

Cardi BYOB posted:

I am no more surprised to hear it than I am shocked that delis catering to cabbies can have great indian food

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

They're fixing to call an evacuation in our town, due to wildfires.

This happens every couple of years now, after everyone finally realized the policy of "put out every fire ASAP" was turning a brush-fire-every-couple-years scenario into an apocalyptic-hellscape-every-100-years scenario.

It's shame it took humanity until 2020 to figure this out.

(The locals had this figured out well before the 1600s :ssh:)

biosterous

nesamdoom posted:

dope dragon, thank you!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

breakfast is a bowl of cereal with milk and a banana and half a cup of coffee (like, a measured half cup). consistent caffeine intake every day makes me not get caffeine-induced or caffeine-withdrawal-induced headaches, and having it in my system makes migraines less painful when they come (usually due to weather changes).

i usually get three or four types of cereal and pick one on a whim in the morning

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Breakfast is fruit and coffee with milk. Or, if I'm over-tired, fruit and hot water with milk.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Heather Papps posted:

oh also if you're stealing someone's netflix subscription old enough is the best thing i have seen in a very long time and i've only seen one episode. it's small children going on tasks and i was absolutely wrapped up in this 2 year 9 month old kids journey to get fish cakes, curry and flowers.

I'm not totally sure what I just watched...

Robot Made of Meat

Breakfast is cereal (high fiber) with honey and milk. We have coffee at work, and if I'm still hungry when I get there, they have cheap hot breakfast waiting for me. It's usually good, but I don't really need the extra calories.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

kalel

hello byob. I'm feeling kind of sad today and I was hoping somebody could recommend something to raise my spirits

never mind, I'm all better now thanks to this sick dragon friend

xcheopis

kalel posted:

hello byob. I'm feeling kind of sad today and I was hoping somebody could recommend something to raise my spirits

never mind, I'm all better now thanks to this sick dragon friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsZtJO2YaQ0

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Escape From Noise

Good mango. I am making a yuzu Cha pale ale. Pretty uncomplicated and I already measured out the hop charges so that's one less thing to do. Grain out shouldn't be too bad.

Manifisto

Escape From Noise posted:

Good mango. I am making a yuzu Cha pale ale. Pretty uncomplicated and I already measured out the hop charges so that's one less thing to do. Grain out shouldn't be too bad.

that sounds delicious, if you're going to bottle or can it please reserve one for me for when I visit you in japan which will definitely happen, uh, sometime

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

I'm in a foul mood and my sister is being a passive aggressive poo poo. Nothing like siblings to get under your skin.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Family is rough, big hugs Finger Prince.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hi BYOB sorry I've not been posting but I've been relearning how to play mahjong and been cooking Korean food. So that takes up your time

Goons Are Gifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfhWfWvZpw

Escape From Noise

Hit target gravity on the yuzu cha pale ale. It tastes like yuzu cha now. We'll see how it tastes after fermentation and dry hopping.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Bilirubin posted:

Hi BYOB sorry I've not been posting but I've been relearning how to play mahjong

Step one, find the matching tiles.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
Step two, buy that mahjong table that you pour all the tiles in, and it sorts everything for you.

sb hermit

I think I have a set of japanese mahjong tiles I got from my parents. They were planning to move, so they held a garage sale, and there were a million things that were apparently stuff they owned for years but I never saw.

The mahjong set is in my bookcase and will likely never be used and I'll probably gift it to my niece as a family heirloom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Old School but Orgy Fetisha is amazing.