Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mass EV adoption will simply not happen until there’s an EV Miata available. And proper charging infrastructure baked in to all new development.

So never, is what I’m saying.

there’s an EV Miata coming

there’s a hybrid Miata coming first

they better both be stick, even if it’s software-based, is all I’m saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Okay #2 is just rude.

My I4 is great and I love it.

I'm sorry. If it helps I think every other angle of the i4 looks great. It's just the front I can't stand.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Bolt EV is the absolute sweet spot of distance on a charge, vehicle size, and cost of vehicle. Most others drop one of those completely so I’m hoping that the 2023 model is loving announced before I plop down a deposit on one. I’m pretty tired of seeing EVs being announced that are enormous and/or $50k+

Pretty much my exact opinion. I'd love to get one if they were available (and not marked up to bejesus and back).

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Blue is the only acceptable I4 color since BMW feels they must discern their EV models with blue accents all over.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Dunno about now, but the bolt used to be about the same price as a somewhat equivalent niro after taking the tax credit for the niro and the at the time 8k manufacturer rebate for the bolt. I'd probably have taken the niro over the bolt, even before the whole battery fire drama. This was also before they just dropped the MSRP of the bolt as well, but presumably the rebate shrank or disappeared to compensate.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I think you can get the nostrils on the i4 in black, which reduces the visual impact a load.

I just crossed 20k km in the Taycan today, it's still totally awesome. Needs a good clean though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MustardFacial posted:

I'm sorry. If it helps I think every other angle of the i4 looks great. It's just the front I can't stand.

I could learn to live with it. Especially if I could paint the part that doesn't have radar / sensors etc. It looks like the radar is down lower. It's a good looking car overall and I believe quite a good EV!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What’s it’s 50-150 time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I can't unsee the nostrils. I just can't.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cruft posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR, can we have a new thread rule that all battery capacities must be specified in units of baconators? Thanks in advance.

Umm.... sure?

I know I can google it but I think I'll ask anyway.

....What on earth is a baconator???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Umm.... sure?

It’s proof God loves us.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Umm.... sure?

It’s Ron Swanson approved.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

gwrtheyrn posted:

Dunno about now, but the bolt used to be about the same price as a somewhat equivalent niro after taking the tax credit for the niro and the at the time 8k manufacturer rebate for the bolt. I'd probably have taken the niro over the bolt, even before the whole battery fire drama. This was also before they just dropped the MSRP of the bolt as well, but presumably the rebate shrank or disappeared to compensate.

Yeah after the rebate that Kia still has, they're the same price, but isn't the Niro a lot bigger car than the bolt? I thought that was like a crossover suv thing?

stevewm
May 10, 2005
It has been figured out how to enable wireless car play and Android auto on the EV6.

https://www.kiaevforums.com/threads/ev6-wireless-android-auto-kia-update-works.2613/

Presumably this works on the Ioniq 5 as well.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Umm.... sure?

A 0.98kWh meat sandwich.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah after the rebate that Kia still has, they're the same price, but isn't the Niro a lot bigger car than the bolt? I thought that was like a crossover suv thing?

They are similar size and spec, but the Niro/Kona EV are a myth in a vast majority of the country, even before supply chain issues.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

stevewm posted:

It has been figured out how to enable wireless car play and Android auto on the EV6.

https://www.kiaevforums.com/threads/ev6-wireless-android-auto-kia-update-works.2613/

Neat! Since the hardware supports it hopefully an official update will enable it. Going from experience they’re just really slow at adding features to the infotainment.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wonder if I can install that on a 2017 haha

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Umm.... sure?

Reflects positively on you that you don’t know imo

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Hawkperson posted:

Reflects positively on you that you don’t know imo

Positive? How can someone call themselves a goon if they’re ignorant of that artery clogging goodness?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Positive? How can someone call themselves a goon if they’re ignorant of that artery clogging goodness?

Another country though

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

why the gently caress would i even be eating some fast food trash burger though?

Okay I guess it would be pretty convenient to give yourself diarrhea right before you visit Rush Limbaugh's grave but that's maybe the only situation where it'd make sense

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The smaller of a vehicle you get the tougher it is to hide the weight of batteries. My electric motorcycle is 600 lbs and you can feel every bit of it.

I imagine it'll be a while until we see lots of electric coupes.
They work fine you just need to be ok wIth <150 miles of range. There are a lot of EV converted 911’s out there now. It may be awhile before OEMs think most consumers are ok with that range in a sports car though.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

QuarkJets posted:

why the gently caress would i even be eating some fast food trash burger though?

Okay I guess it would be pretty convenient to give yourself diarrhea right before you visit Rush Limbaugh's grave but that's maybe the only situation where it'd make sense

Wendy’s makes some decent enough fast food sandwiches

but yeah Baconator ain’t it

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I've seen some stats suggesting an (electrically heated) 5 minute shower uses 2.5 kWh. Which means that a Model 3 uses about half a shower per 10 km.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Okay #2 is just rude.

My I4 is great and I love it.

Lmao I'm pretty sure I've seen you at a charging station either at a Wawa in Delaware or a Sheetz in PA? Or maybe a Walmart in FredCo? That license plate pops in my memory but I can't place it exactly.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Blue is the only acceptable I4 color since BMW feels they must discern their EV models with blue accents all over.

You can delete the blue accents on the i7.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stevewm posted:

Oh poo poo I think I’m still within the return period on the carlinkit I know what I’m doing right loving now

EDIT: couldn’t get it to work. Appears to only maybe work on Canada models? I’ll keep an eye out on that thread but looks like I’m sticking with the adapter for now.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 3, 2022

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I always feel the biggest hurdle to EVs is apartments allowing EV charging. I had an Bolt for about a month, exchanged with a friend. It's fine, but finding charging is surprisingly annoying when realistically, you want to charge by 200 miles. If I always left my apartment with full charge, I wouldn't mind charging on longer trips.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MeruFM posted:

I always feel the biggest hurdle to EVs is apartments allowing EV charging. I had an Bolt for about a month, exchanged with a friend. It's fine, but finding charging is surprisingly annoying when realistically, you want to charge by 200 miles. If I always left my apartment with full charge, I wouldn't mind charging on longer trips.

I hope we get some government intervention with incentives / techniques for bringing power to parking spaces, etc.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Paramemetic posted:

Lmao I'm pretty sure I've seen you at a charging station either at a Wawa in Delaware or a Sheetz in PA? Or maybe a Walmart in FredCo? That license plate pops in my memory but I can't place it exactly.

I only got the car two weeks ago, but I had the WRECKS tag on my Mazda for a bit. Haven't been to PA in years, and haven't taken the Mazda with tags specifically to Delaware yet. I will be going up to Selbyville this weekend with it, and I'm gonna assume we end up at a Wawa near OCMD at some point.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Gotcha, I must've seen the Mazda at some point in the past which means it could have been anywhere!!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Just got the delivery date for my EV6! September! 2023....:suicide:

Shai-Hulud fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 5, 2022

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Shai-Hulud posted:

Just got the delivery date for my EV6! September! 2023....

poo poo being what it is, I think I could live with that. If you get a locked in price during an inflation, you're basically getting a bigger and bigger discount. More time before they build it = more bugs to be fixed, more aftermarket gizmos, more user experience. The only catch is if the price is indeed locked in. And if you can live with what you have today until then, or find a decent waiting-sausage*.

* Norw. idiom, the hot dog you eat while waiting for your burger to be made

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
How are you even pre-ordering an EV6? All I can find is "wait and hope your local dealer gets the trim/color you want and try not to get price-gouged too badly".

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chevy sent me a survey from my Silverado EV reservation, and it feels like I'm taking a personality test for a job interview.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"I drive drunk a lot" 1-5

"When I see commercials saying the truck 'looks mean' I get inspired" 1-5

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Chevy sent me a survey from my Silverado EV reservation, and it feels like I'm taking a personality test for a job interview.

psychographic profiling baybeeee

it's kinda neat actually

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I forgot to post yesterday but I was out and saw a Karma Revero at an outlet mall:

It ended up parking next to me at the charger and I got to check it out more. Such a beautiful car!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

When I got my Model 3 I got a TON of surveys and such from everyone but Tesa. New market segments make OEs curious.