Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

ponzicar posted:

Thanks for Scratches: Director's Cut.

That's a good one!
That freaking mask...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They're all claimed already.

That was a nice waste of 5 minutes trying all of them.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I managed to activate "let's zig zag", whatever that is. Thanks

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Except Maniac Mansion and I think Zak McKracken. Not letting the player get stuck was an explicit design goal for the games that followed.

Not that you can necessarily get stuck but there are shitloads of ways to die and get hosed if you forgot to save in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tunicate posted:

Twenty copies of bad rats?!?!

I regret missing out on the bad rats giftathon years and years ago. I've always wanted it, but it's like tarot cards, you can't buy your own.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

I regret missing out on the bad rats giftathon years and years ago. I've always wanted it, but it's like tarot cards, you can't buy your own.

I have at least one copy in my Steam inventory, and it's a bit of a point of pride that I don't have it as part of my account

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Serperoth posted:

I have at least one copy in my Steam inventory, and it's a bit of a point of pride that I don't have it as part of my account

:same:

Cojawfee posted:

If you post your Steam ID, I'll throw one at you tomorrow.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Please PM me your Steam ID, I've had a bad rats in my Steam inventory for way too long.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If anyone wants to give me a copy of bad rats I'll take it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Hollandia posted:

Please PM me your Steam ID, I've had a bad rats in my Steam inventory for way too long.

Sent you a PM

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What is bad rats?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ilmucche posted:

What is bad rats?

An infamously bad video game that sold for like $2bux on steam so you could gift it to all your friends and watch them not play it.
This was way back before even Steam Greenlight, when terrible awful games were actually somewhat uncommon on steam because (in theory) everything actually had to get manually approved by Valve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ZGQOvkrDc

Among its many other issues, it is a physics puzzle game with randomized and inconsistent physics.

e: actually it's $1 on steam and has gone all the way down to $0.19 on sale

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 1, 2022

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The General
Mar 4, 2007

tight aspirations posted:

ZPMCA-4W2B4-MKL0B

Thank you for... Blood of Old - Rise to Greatness, and (ORIGINAL VERSION). Whatever it is, it doesn't even have a store page. :getin:

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

An infamously bad video game that sold for like $2bux on steam so you could gift it to all your friends and watch them not play it.

Speak for yourself

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This was way back before even Steam Greenlight, when terrible awful games were actually somewhat uncommon on steam because (in theory) everything actually had to get manually approved by Valve.

I believe it was also at the point when gifted games were still automatically accepted, so your friends couldn't refuse it. They just had their library tainted with Bad Rats, like it or not.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

If anyone wants to give me a copy of bad rats I'll take it

What's your steam ID?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Whybird posted:

I believe it was also at the point when gifted games were still automatically accepted, so your friends couldn't refuse it. They just had their library tainted with Bad Rats, like it or not.

I think you got a choice, rear end to inventory or to library. What has always been auto-accept has been codes, so it would be an easy "hey saw this from your wishlist in a bundle here you go"

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Serperoth posted:

rear end to inventory

requiem for a steam

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ZGQOvkrDc

Among its many other issues, it is a physics puzzle game with randomized and inconsistent physics.

e: actually it's $1 on steam and has gone all the way down to $0.19 on sale
Man, the Halcyon days of 2014-2016, when you could give away hundreds of copies of a mediocre physics platformer (not BR... gravity something?) every steam sale. Nowadays you can't get 100 goons to accept actual games (which is probably more of an SA issue).

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
We also had cross-regional gifting and Amazon Tony.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Geemer posted:

What's your steam ID?

BostonZombie

I have a portal avatar

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Serperoth posted:

rear end to inventory

dregan posted:

requiem for a steam

:psypop:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gromit posted:

Amazon Tony.

:(

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I want to believe that, someday, AmazonJosh will post.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gromit posted:

We also had cross-regional gifting and Amazon Tony.

What happened to Tony? I forgot about him

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What happened to Tony? I forgot about him
Tony moved to a different part of amazon and amazon largely abandoned trying to sell video games to anyone who knows other storefronts exist.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

tight aspirations posted:

4W5ZH-2QKF2-PNRZN

CandySnake. Well, a free game is a free game! Thanks! :)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New set of Amazon Twitch Prime stuff:

Dead Space 2 (Origin key)
The Curse of Monkey Island
Shattered - Tale of the Forgotten King
Out of Line
Cat Quest
Mail Mole + 'Xpress Deliveries

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Perfect, my origin account had Dead Space 1 and 3, but not 2. Now it is complete.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Xander77 posted:

Man, the Halcyon days of 2014-2016, when you could give away hundreds of copies of a mediocre physics platformer (not BR... gravity something?) every steam sale. Nowadays you can't get 100 goons to accept actual games (which is probably more of an SA issue).

Last sale I hit 66 different people with the trash wheel, and that's the ones that actually accepted my messages. Oh boy, were there some games in there.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nettle Soup posted:

Last sale I hit 66 different people with the trash wheel, and that's the ones that actually accepted my messages. Oh boy, were there some games in there.

I still need to finish 12 is Better than 6 but I'm slightly disappointed that I got something actually good. It's no Bad Rats, that's for sure.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 3, 2022

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mescal posted:

Anything good in this sale for online 2 player co op?

Sale? Are you planning to... BUY a game?

The hell's wrong with you!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Sale? Are you planning to... BUY a game?

The hell's wrong with you!

thought this was the steam thread...

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

not a free game, but if you got the standard edition of dying light 1 at any point you have the enhanced edition now

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1522199589280964609

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That's a real good game too.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Terraforming Mars is up as the Epic freebie

Next week is Jotun and Prey (2016), both repeats but Prey owns so I'll forgive them

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

repiv posted:

Terraforming Mars is up as the Epic freebie

Next week is Jotun and Prey (2016), both repeats but Prey owns so I'll forgive them

I haven't tried the digital version, but the Terraforming Mars board game is really fun, so I'm excited about this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Prey includes Mooncrash this time