Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it’s also like way the gently caress out in the middle of goddamn nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

it’s also like way the gently caress out in the middle of goddamn nowhere

it is extremely far away from anything that's not a ski resort lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

it is extremely far away from anything that's not a ski resort lol

feature not a bug

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a few hours west of me, and I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Nowhere is a big place.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://twitter.com/birkmurkrow/status/1519796317379305478

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

I like how they couldn't get anyone to give a quote in support of this ordinance or whatever that passed unanimously

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's pretty easy, your rear end in a top hat neighbors turn you in.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

joe football posted:

I like how they couldn't get anyone to give a quote in support of this ordinance or whatever that passed unanimously

it's johnson county (kansas city suburban hell), I don't live in Shawnee but I live really close to it. it's 100% due to property values. people out here love their signs that say "we believe in science and no person is illegal" or "hate is not welcome here" but get really mad if you suggest building affordable housing or multifamily homes because it's bad for property values (which have gone up 25% in the past year).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

overland park is the worst town in america and it's not even close

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1521127697858318336?s=20&t=YByLPpF6Y_8Tfo5CmQNYOQ

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

if you pay 1.2 million for that house you've murdered your dreams and they'll haunt you every night
zestimate being even higher is extremely funny

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

again they both use the mortgage calculators in inform those estimates so somebody was trying to figure out if that zestimate amount was affordable lmao.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
I learned how to attract women from Rich Vos in 2006, and "Can I buy you a house?" is becoming increasingly unsustainable as a pick-up line.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

honestly that's a steal

this sold for $700k about 4 years ago in san francisco, now it's worth prob at least a cool million and way worse than that 1.2-er

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
hey that's my little league concession stand

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Phfffff similar houses in Santa Clara (CA) are well north of 2 million.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i still remember being a fresh grad over a decade ago, looking at starter apartments at 300-400 grand and feeling that'd be a big chunk of my lifetime income

my partner and i are budgeting something in 2-3 million range for the next place

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

shrike82 posted:

i still remember being a fresh grad over a decade ago, looking at starter apartments at 300-400 grand and feeling that'd be a big chunk of my lifetime income

my partner and i are budgeting something in 2-3 million range for the next place

not so subtle brag

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i remember when i was poor. that sucked. luckily i'm very rich now. ok bye.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

If you want to win you will bid 300k over asking, all cash, no contingencies best and final offer

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

shrike82 posted:

this explains a lot lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

a Loving Dog posted:

this explains a lot lol

lol. computer touchers ftw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

shrike82 posted:

that's a 'tine

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i say swears online posted:

overland park is the worst town in america and it's not even close

IDK if OP is worse than any of the other suburbs like Olathe or Lenexa but yeah it sucks. it's 100% strip malls and stroads. it sucks.

I can't wait to get out of this poo poo hole state

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

governments are just going to put interest rates and boomer home ownership and landlordism on some bullshit life support somehow and we'll all just crawl towards hell and we'll never own homes right

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Millennials are waiting for the Boomers to die off in droves, but they're all gonna live to 90+ thanks to the hubris of modern healthcare. be best!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

die at 90 with no money left and no house to bequeath lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

die at 90 with no money left and no house to bequeath lol

Oh yea. All according to Keikaku. The houses will all have reverse mortgages on them and when the boomers die all they will have is medical debt.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

House without anything wrong out here in a good location didn’t sell (in one weekend). Sellers raised price 40,000 and relisted. lmao.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
at least you can't inherit medical debt

yet

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at least you can't inherit medical debt

yet

let me introduce you to the world of filial responsibility laws, tho, friend

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bar Ran Dun posted:

House without anything wrong out here in a good location didn’t sell (in one weekend). Sellers raised price 40,000 and relisted. lmao.

This happens all the time. From time to time I'll see a 5 acre parcel listed for $100k for a week, relisted for $10k for a month, relisted for $80k for a month, then $8k, etc, bouncing back and forth. Often the last sold price will be something like $500, and it's just speculators probably thinking they can fleece an idiot out of much more money because "they aren't making any more land!" They'll be on the market for years, while similar properties listed around their desert parcel will sell for $3-5k.

There was a plot I looked at in Park county, CO that the seller specifically stated in his ad that he would raise his price at the end of that year (2020). And he did. And no one bought it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

let’s go in on some land together and grow a field of weed

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
im looking for land near the great lakes. its all very overpriced and people are starting to parcel out the 5k acre plots with lake frontage that they bought for like 50k back in the day to ~1acre lots for houses that they are selling for 500k each :/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You need 35 acres in Colorado to legally irrigate 1 acre, unless the land is explicitly zoned agricultural.

Even then, commercial weed farms, med or rec, can only be in specifically zoned areas which are limited within each county, and the people who own those lots know what they're worth, so they aren't going to be $1-2k/acre, more like $10-50k because of the zoning alone.

You can grow for personal use, obviously, but there are limits and you might as well just expand your house to add a grow room space and run lights off solar instead of trying to get away with using well water outside.

There's not really a way to break into weed here anymore unless you're bringing investor money and don't mind a retail price point of $50-100/oz.

I want to start a small hemp farm to feed a small herd of cattle. All to the cows, I'll grow my weed inside. Another pipe dream that probably won't come to fruition.

E: also, weed farms cannot be on the same parcel as a domicile, and paid security is largely required by local municipalities. Can't just build a shanty on a desert plot, punch a well and start growing a field. Sadly.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 17:49 on May 3, 2022

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019
I know some nice farmland in Guyana that nobody's using right now. Who wants to make Goonestown with me?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

just found out my landlord is not increasing my rent this year. gently caress yeah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this isn’r online but lol

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

tiiime waaaas *puts thumbs under suspenders*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

euphronius posted:

this isn’r online but lol

lmao of course its the main line

the best part about the philly burbs is the heavy mix of dwelling types and actual transit. i bet this dude has opinions about the kop rail extension