Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

sassassin posted:

So the Epic Echo when unsync soloing dungeons is better/worse/same than how things were before stats got rebalanced in Endwalker?

More or less the same, far as I can tell. I've had just as easy a time tearing through old extremes as before, so it's doing the job just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Legend was Matsuno.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Still kind of convinced that a lot of attack indicators in Aglaia are too small. Like the servant before the 2nd boss, its entirely random which half the room it hits and its not telegraphed in a way that you can see even if you're looking for it unless you have certain settings enabled, which means it just hits a good portion of the raid without letting them dodge. If the raid is meant to be done with spell effects off, then they should turn them off for everyone. Until then im not touching mine, I like my spell effects.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You mean the big, obvious lightning markers that draw over the opposite quadrants of the arena that shows where he's going to hit?

Or his half-roomwide cleave that just hits where he's looking at, and hitbox indicator pointing at, the side of the arena he's going to hit?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A Moose posted:

Still kind of convinced that a lot of attack indicators in Aglaia are too small. Like the servant before the 2nd boss, its entirely random which half the room it hits and its not telegraphed in a way that you can see even if you're looking for it unless you have certain settings enabled, which means it just hits a good portion of the raid without letting them dodge. If the raid is meant to be done with spell effects off, then they should turn them off for everyone. Until then im not touching mine, I like my spell effects.

Look at his target circle. His model is pretty misleading with which way he's facing, look at the target circle instead and see which way it's pointing. And also remember that he combines that attack and the purple orb attack so you have to keep an eye on both.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure its a left side or right side cleave, not front or back, but its a little hard to tell because he's a little small to be a 24 man raid boss

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's a 100% front 180 degree cleave, in the direction he turns to face and points.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's a 100% front 180 degree cleave, in the direction he turns to face and points.

It's this.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A Moose posted:

I'm pretty sure its a left side or right side cleave, not front or back, but its a little hard to tell because he's a little small to be a 24 man raid boss

It's 100% a frontal attack. He spins to face a direction about five seconds before he uses it, just move behind him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

It's 100% a frontal attack. He spins to face a direction about five seconds before he uses it, just move behind him.

Yeah, it's exactly this. Just get behind him.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
it does that cheeky thing where it indicates the aoe very fast so if youre wrong you cant dodge but you know for next time. its a 180 lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Note to self: seriously, turn off spell effects for Aglaia, maybe you'll be able to see what's going on next time

(Did my first run last night and died a lot, partially from confusion and partially trying to finish burst rotations as melee DPS. Always great to be the one dead person when the rest of the raid is at full, right?)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mainwaring posted:

Something I never understood about the post stormblood msq:

it's called "the legend returns" but it's not clear to me who the legend IS? Gosetsu?

The legend is Raubahn, and his returning to Ala Mhigo.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I knew he did the turn and point thing, but I've never been able to see it. I guess I could be watching the circle around him, but I had thought it was a side cleave so I didn't think where he was facing was important. I guess I thought that because I've stood behind him and got hit, but that's because I couldn't see him turn and point.

the lions are almost as bad, I have to look at them for a bit before I can get a glimpse of the dots between spell flashes but I can usually get in position before they go off. I've never had this much trouble seeing a mechanic in an alliance raid before though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Moose posted:

I knew he did the turn and point thing, but I've never been able to see it. I guess I could be watching the circle around him, but I had thought it was a side cleave so I didn't think where he was facing was important. I guess I thought that because I've stood behind him and got hit, but that's because I couldn't see him turn and point.

the lions are almost as bad, I have to look at them for a bit before I can get a glimpse of the dots between spell flashes but I can usually get in position before they go off. I've never had this much trouble seeing a mechanic in an alliance raid before though

Do you remember how many Summoners were in your raid?

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

sassassin posted:

There's very little decent jewellery available to free trial players unless they craft it themselves or maybe sidequest excessively. The best you can buy in the general markets is like +1 to everything compared to the weathered level 1 stuff, it's a big hit to iLevel but not effectiveness until you get to 50.

The difference in substats from level1 to 49 gear is 4 main stats at the very worst so I generally don't worry about it. Dungeons don't give a whole lot of right side gear but there's 3 sets of left side gear (Tank, Physical DPS, and Magic) and generally you'll get plenty of gear going through everything.

Once you hit 50 you can use allied seals to immediately bump accessories to i110 and if you can find a mentor to carry you coils is very soloable. I'm able to do skips on T12 and T13 consistently on SMN. (T12 you dps down to above 52% and wait for his long cast), (T13 don't push past 75% until you see megaflare casting. After that just unload tho I need a potion to get it consistent).

Ibblebibble posted:

The legend is Raubahn, and his returning to Ala Mhigo.

The legend really was Lucrezia returning to world first UCOB

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do you remember how many Summoners were in your raid?

Probably a couple, I've done that raid a whole 4 times

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

A Moose posted:

turn down your battle effects to limited and set /petsize all small

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The legend is the Ivalice raids

it was even the 4.1 key art

much like how 5.1 was a Nier reference and not relevant to the MSQ at all

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Postin' on the weed number page

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

https://twitter.com/3amsoda/status/1474530335975100418

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Why did everyone lie about CC?

Finally tried it, this isn’t fun at all

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
turn on your monitor

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

tho i don't have supporting data it definitely feels like they've been using boss model animation/outside the arena telegraphs for a lot of mechanics in ew (vs just paying attention to the castbar) and if you're playing with beffects on full, especially in 24 person content tho even full-party stuff makes my visual cortex heat up, you're really just making it harder on yourself

when pandas normal came out i made it thru the entire first fight without being able to see the left/right telegraphs and survived on tank privilege and watching everyone else move. i immediately after turned party battle effects down to limited and have been happy ever since

hell, i had to turn my own effects down for p2s because reaper throws out so much vfx during enshroud i couldn't safely position myself in corners for channeling overflow

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 3, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I turned battle effects to limited the first time I did an Alliance Raid and never turned them back on

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I set mine to limited so my PS4 wouldn't explode, went to default for a minute on PS5 and then right back. It's just too much for me to comprehend lol

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Regalingualius posted:

Why did everyone lie about CC?

Finally tried it, this isn’t fun at all

What job are you playing? Because while CC isn't a good mode, it's also an extremely unbalanced mode, so you might be playing one of the jobs that sucks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CC is good, actually

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
cc rules sorry you guys dont get it

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
CC is awesome.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CC is great, but the meta is very lopsided.

It's easily the best MMO PVP since SWTOR invented Huttball.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
CC rocks, as long as you don't get too upset when you lose. Just smash that queue button.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Healthy game mode.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CJ posted:

Healthy game mode.

very interesting CC comp you have there

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

What job are you playing? Because while CC isn't a good mode, it's also an extremely unbalanced mode, so you might be playing one of the jobs that sucks.

The last time someone said cc sucked after playing it, they didn't set all of their bars up because they didn't know to scroll the pvp profile page, and were playing without recuperate/guard, etc.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CJ posted:

Healthy game mode.

Gotta mix in a few WHMs and SCHs to really get the most mileage out of your SMNs

Yeah they need to add an AoE target cap and cut Afflatus Purgation's range by at least 15y though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if I had my way the quick fix would be to give summon bahamut heavy damage falloff after 5 targets. That way it'd still have it's full power in CC but wouldn't dominate frontlines like it does now.

In general I'm kind of okay with some jobs shining more in one kind of pvp versus the other, but frontlines getting choked by demibahamuts is a little much

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CJ posted:

Healthy game mode.

Hmmm I didn't know CC had 8 players to a team.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Vitamean posted:

if I had my way the quick fix would be to give summon bahamut heavy damage falloff after 5 targets. That way it'd still have it's full power in CC but wouldn't dominate frontlines like it does now.

In general I'm kind of okay with some jobs shining more in one kind of pvp versus the other, but frontlines getting choked by demibahamuts is a little much

It appears that they rebuilt pvp from the ground up for CC since some jobs are next to useless in FL due to player count, like Monk. Nice, you obliterated one guy. Now what are you gonna do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yeah, that's also probably why rival wings is closed down so they don't have two out of three pvp modes getting overrun like this.

in general though I love CC. still been playing on sage and it's been a blast. check out the most powerful denial in the modern era below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSLH6Zc0w6g&t=197s