Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love football and I love posting god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That’s true but it’s tight seeing the hawks invest picks in positions of need, with acknowledged good prospects, in appropriate rounds.

We avoided dumb poo poo like the hawks were going to trade back to the late teens and then take like a third around LB or some poo poo.

It was certainly more conventional than their recent ones. I’m skeptical that the coaching staff will put them in the best positions to succeed, but we will see.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I love football and I love posting god bless

Same except im lukewarm on posting

I'm hyped for this draft because even though no has played a game the drafting strategy appeared coherent and connected to team needs for now and the future. Absolutely no "who the gently caress what" LJ collier tier picks. I'm excited to see a team growing together rather than the same ol poo poo that doesn't / hasn't worked.

Quote this post when they go 2 - 15

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If they go 2-15 it just means they or the next regime is getting a franchise QB. No expectations for this year whatsoever.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Two wins coming from the 11-6 49ers.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:hmmyes:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The Seahawks will get their annual two wins from the 49ers and maybe a win against a Cardinals team collapsing late in the season and then the team will give Drew Lock $30 million a year in guaranteed money and extend Pete again.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm fine with drafting Walker. Considering:

1. Carson's probably retiring
2. Penny has shown to be brittle up until the 2nd half of his final year on his rookie contract
3. We have mediocre QBs and running will be important

Now, could we have gotten him later in the draft? No idea, but RB is definitely an area of need.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

I'm fine with drafting Walker. Considering:

1. Carson's probably retiring
2. Penny has shown to be brittle up until the 2nd half of his final year on his rookie contract
3. We have mediocre QBs and running will be important

Now, could we have gotten him later in the draft? No idea, but RB is definitely an area of need.

Hall and Walker were 1a and 1b and Hall had already gone so I don’t think Walker would have later much longer. As it is the Bills picked an RB at the end of round 2 and they probably would have taken Walker there if he was available.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hall and Walker were 1a and 1b and Hall had already gone so I don’t think Walker would have later much longer. As it is the Bills picked an RB at the end of round 2 and they probably would have taken Walker there if he was available.

Yeah I'm assuming Walker was Their Guy, and probably heard other teams were interested so they just went with it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

idk what the gently caress is up with the cards draft

is this Kliff's last year if he doesnt get a deepplayoff push?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

I like Marquis Brown, but.. 23 for him? Shoulda tried 2 and a pick next year rather than crater the draft for a position that wasn't really needed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I would think even a single playoff win might give him more time, as long as the Kyler situation improves.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Wow, the draftniks really beat up on the Hawks for not getting one of the bad QBs despite drafting to fill huge needs everywhere else. I was pretty okay with where they went for the most part except Walker like most people said, but it feels like they expect that Carson is toast so in context it makes sense.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

Wow, the draftniks really beat up on the Hawks for not getting one of the bad QBs despite drafting to fill huge needs everywhere else. I was pretty okay with where they went for the most part except Walker like most people said, but it feels like they expect that Carson is toast so in context it makes sense.

If carson is dead I actually like the walker pick. dude looks like he can ball right away and you cant bet on penny. we've seen what happens when the hawks cant run the ball.

After the weekend I give the hawks a solid A on the draft. Super glad they didnt burn an early pick on one of those QBs. The regard the QBs had this year seemed COMPLETELY manufactured (a lot more than usual).

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wouldn't have been super mad if we had spent one of the 2nds on Willis but he's the only one I would have been okay with.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I would have been very okay with Ridder in the 3rd but it's clear none of these guys were part of their plans. Definitely in the same boat on the Walker pick, RB value is low for a reason but we've seen how poorly this offense functions without a credible rusher. He looks exciting! But he really needs coaching on how to pass block if he doesn't want to face a stacked box on every snap.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1521208546758590464

I hope he makes it this time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
DeAndre Hopkins pissed hot for PEDs, suspended 6 games

Whoops!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I maintain that "pissed hot" is the funniest phrase for a failed test, like the proctors can see huge steam clouds billowing from the sample and immediately mark it down as positive.

I would presume if the Cards knew before the draft, that could be in part why they traded for Hollywood.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The draft/grading post-coverage stuff is especially annoying to me this year and I can't tell if it's getting worse or if it's just because the Rams are getting torn apart for drafting a guard in the 3rd that some people thought would go in the 5th

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

The draft/grading post-coverage stuff is especially annoying to me this year and I can't tell if it's getting worse or if it's just because the Rams are getting torn apart for drafting a guard in the 3rd that some people thought would go in the 5th

It’s like that every year. “I love the player who has a chance to be a 4 year starter, but he might have been available a round later. The team was not willing to take a risk to maximize value of the draft position, D- grade.”

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I saw one publication doing draft grades where pretty much everyone failed. It even included something along the lines of "I don't believe it is possible this team could have had more success in the draft. They set themselves up for a very bright future: B-" In short, most sport writers suck.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Was away on vacation the past week but still got to follow the draft in mexico. I am all abroad the Seahawks draft. Wanted OT/DE with the 1st two picks. Was surprised by The RB pick but am OK with it. We need RBs to :run: A local OT in 3rd round that could have gone in the 2nd, :cool: going into day 3, I was hoping for either of the 2 CBs drafted in the 4th and we end up with both.

And yeah, Kiper raves about the value and drafting for need but docks the Seahawks for not drafting a lovely QB. Let's go!

Now am watching the clock to May 12th and the schedule release

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Every move has to be declared the absolute best or the absolute worst to generate engagement. And there’s never any serious re-evaluation of these grades after a few years so you can just say whatever you want and never get called on it. I remember the Cowboys getting lambasted for drafting Travis Fredrick in the first round and guess what, he was a really good player, a multi-time all pro, and contributed to Dallas having one of the best lines in football for a while.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Which is a more annoying trope, the draft grades right after the draft, or the immediate hyping of quarterbacks in the next draft after the draft is over?

Content:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1521229451920658432?t=2AmhY8-oTXL379-LvksvwA&s=19

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
And even roasting the Cowboys for the Frederick pick was a lot of "conventional wisdom we decided in a totally arbitrary fashion maintains that Thou Shalt Not Draft a Center That High."

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 2, 2022

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

And there’s never any serious re-evaluation of these grades after a few years so you can just say whatever you want and never get called on it.

The only exception I can think of being the schmucks who gave an F to the 2012 Seahawks draft :v: Still haven't let them forget that one.

Agreed wholeheartedly, draft grades are extremely dumb and I couldn't care less what letter a team gets. We have no idea!

Also hearty lol on this one

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1521218926167957506?t=nQsr7XDrtDPoX0CUKtfNYg&s=19

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Good lord, THREE?! :stare:

EDIT: poo poo, never watched the movie

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 2, 2022

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's funny how after the deer spray thing people can't rule out an NFL player using beaver tranquilizer

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

It's funny how after the deer spray thing people can't rule out an NFL player using beaver tranquilizer

I nodded along at the tweet, figured the guy's trainer must know something I don't.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1520204382188494848

Dude was the top TE in the draft. Cardinals TE room is very talented.

oops all TE receiving corps, who needs hop anyway

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

I have no clue what to think about the Rams draft. I don't know anything about most of those guys. It was a very Rams draft but I will say I don't think they helped themselves all that much. The Rams seem really good at developing o line so I'll trust them on that, the rest of the picks were whatever.

I'll have to do some more research, but they did pass on some guys I wish they hadn't.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

oops all TE receiving corps, who needs hop anyway

All the better to set the edge for Superstar RB James Connor. Just Kliff remembering to Establish the Run :smuggo:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams UDFA signings:

DB Daniel Isom, Washington State
LB Jake Hummel, Iowa State
LB Braden Thomas, ND State
K Cameron Dicker, Texas (I heard this was more of a punter signing) :shrug:
CB Caesar Williams, Wisconsin
DE Keir Thomas, Florida State
LB Andrzej Hughes-Murray, Oregon State
G Jack Snyder, San Jose State
FB Roger Carter, Georgia State

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Rams UDFA signings:

DB Daniel Isom, Washington State
LB Jake Hummel, Iowa State
LB Braden Thomas, ND State
K Cameron Dicker, Texas (I heard this was more of a punter signing) :shrug:
CB Caesar Williams, Wisconsin
DE Keir Thomas, Florida State
LB Andrzej Hughes-Murray, Oregon State
G Jack Snyder, San Jose State
FB Roger Carter, Georgia State

Fullback signing :toot:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cat Hassler posted:

Fullback signing :toot:

GEORGIA STATE posted:

Three-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection and Georgia State’s career leader in receptions and receiving yards by a tight end ... Super senior who returned for his fifth season of eligibility and ranks fifth in school history with 56 games played ... Four-year starter and five-year letterwinner with 96 career receptions for 1,224 yards and 12 touchdowns ... Finished ninth in GSU hisory in receptions, eighth in receiving yards and tied for sixth with 12 touchdowns (second among tight ends) ... Outstanding receiver and blocker who was also a key component in the top four rushing seasons in program history from 2018-21 ... Changed to jersey No. 5 for his final season after wearing No. 45 his first four years ... Member of the 2017 recruiting class who played as a true freshman.

So he's a TE/FB. Interesting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Some real run blocking potential there.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Tank44 posted:

Was away on vacation the past week but still got to follow the draft in mexico. I am all abroad the Seahawks draft. Wanted OT/DE with the 1st two picks. Was surprised by The RB pick but am OK with it. We need RBs to :run: A local OT in 3rd round that could have gone in the 2nd, :cool: going into day 3, I was hoping for either of the 2 CBs drafted in the 4th and we end up with both.

And yeah, Kiper raves about the value and drafting for need but docks the Seahawks for not drafting a lovely QB. Let's go!

Now am watching the clock to May 12th and the schedule release

Kiper thought drafting Wilson in the 3rd was a terrible waste, I wouldn't pay attention to anything he says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was on a road trip and busy and did not catch any of the draft, how did my 49ers do? I think they didn't even have a first round pick right.