Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
THE GIANTS STOLE MY RHYTHM!
March 11, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I love that the DJ is also white :allears: How is this so good?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

111. How many

I love how from Josie's perspective at the sign, she asks Ulf a question and he just stands there like an idiot for two minutes before blurting out an extremely confident and extremely wrong answer.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh my god ulf

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Coca Koala posted:

I love how from Josie's perspective at the sign, she asks Ulf a question and he just stands there like an idiot for two minutes before blurting out an extremely confident and extremely wrong answer.
well that's elf magic right there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

well that's elf magic right there

ulf magic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
thousands of networked brains working together and he can't piece together "maybe this version had more or less sex than the other versions"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

vyelkin posted:

ulf magic

:eyepop:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

thousands of networked brains working together and he can't piece together "maybe this version had more or less sex than the other versions"

She could also be lying. If you're on a first date with someone and they awkwardly ask a question as loaded as how many people you've hosed, there's no reason you have to be honest with them

Stand Still. Stay Silent

That's all Reynir really wanted to do

Coming up, SSSS: Prepare to Cry edition

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I mean the split happened, at earliest, when he got the chip, which was like ...three months ago? So it's a reasonable assumption that it should be ballpark sameish.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Marie and the Adventurer's League - 16.11 Sarin

Marie and the Adventurer's League - 17.02 Jerky

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 17:21 on May 3, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kit Walker posted:

She could also be lying. If you're on a first date with someone and they awkwardly ask a question as loaded as how many people you've hosed, there's no reason you have to be honest with them

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean the split happened, at earliest, when he got the chip, which was like ...three months ago? So it's a reasonable assumption that it should be ballpark sameish.

Ah yeah good points

Still tho lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Some unexpectedly good foley work outside of TESB right there

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

vyelkin posted:

ulf magic
The plural of ulf is ulves

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

This is canon, please in future use Ulves when referring to multiple iterations of Ulf across dimensions

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

That's a neologism coined by Tolkien to distinguish his ulves from traditional folkloric depictions or colloquial terms for medical conditions. If you're talking about historical tales about ulfs or a group of persons with ulfism it's still ulfs.

TDBC is a gray area because Thorsby is a modern fantasy writer who clearly takes cues from Tolkien (see the witch slaying arc in HfD), but you can probably reasonably assume these are more or less Tolkienian ulves.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

the holy poopacy posted:

That's a neologism

paleologism :colbert:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

quote:

This is Twelverevelations, a *leather bandana*. All craftulfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with salmon. It is made from sheep leather. It menaces with spikes of farce.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I just saw Everything Everywhere All At Once, and the central plot conceit is so similar to transdimensional brain chip that it's uncanny. Great movie.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 24: One More Badge

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Marie and the Adventurer's League - 17.02 Jerky

[timg][/timg]

Oooh, the dizziness is what I thought it was.
Also, no more viewer vote?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

That's a neologism coined by Tolkien to distinguish his ulves from traditional folkloric depictions or colloquial terms for medical conditions. If you're talking about historical tales about ulfs or a group of persons with ulfism it's still ulfs.

TDBC is a gray area because Thorsby is a modern fantasy writer who clearly takes cues from Tolkien (see the witch slaying arc in HfD), but you can probably reasonably assume these are more or less Tolkienian ulves.

I'm ulvilating over here!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Coming up, SSSS: Prepare to Cry edition

Now I need to find out what IT is, and why it's looking for them ...again

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

vyelkin posted:

This is canon, please in future use Ulves when referring to multiple iterations of Ulf across dimensions

Ulven grammar

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Ulvenstein 3D

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

vyelkin posted:

That depends on if they're from the fantasy Ulf race or if they were born with the real world condition of ulfism. In the latter case they'd be Ulfs.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that Ronnie takes forklift safety seriously.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Lurk Ethic posted:

The Property of Hate

Ok, like... I get that the radio person is threatening the doll person, on behalf of an unnamed someone else, but with some kind of personal history skewing the shape of the threat, and the doll person refused to change their mind about, something, and so they're dropped off the side which presumably has some kind of consequences.

I feel like I'm just permanently 20% below a threshold where I'd understand what's at stake for anybody.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan

The last page was chapter 300 of 370, we’re in the final quarter

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:eyepop:

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

The artist Bobby London got fired for this

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Ditocoaf posted:

and so they're dropped off the side which presumably has some kind of consequences.

Hey now buster, how would you like to be dropped off the side of an endless void. :colbert: Seems consequential enough for the doll.

tbh idk who "she" is, but it sounds like she's the primary antagonist who's responsible for the slow destruction of the world they're in. She's been alluded to a couple times so far, including when the main characters visit the doll, and learn that she tore down... whatever public transport that place has, that they were going to use.

From what I've gleaned, she's mentioned more in the latest strips. I haven't looked closely because I don't want to spoil things, but it seems like the author is pulling up on being so coy and having RGB explain his back story and motivations. That'll be in another 274 pages. We're 200 in so far.

I have no idea how much will ultimately be explained or how satisfying it will be, just enjoying the ride. :)

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Unrelated: http://www.johannas-art.com/Portraits.htm

http://rap.about.com/library/blbreakdanceworm.htm

It's across his chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

112. Last person

113. Say anything