Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Discendo Vox posted:

The book being pointed to is an anti-trans parable 4 kidz from the Daily Wire publishing company.

This world is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

wtf i like hillary clinton now??

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Perestroika posted:

The incredible thing here is how he doesn't adjust his aesthetic and visual language at all. The "free speech" monument is held in the same proto-fascist style as all the other previous government symbolism, which we were previously supposed to read as bad, hostile, and deceitful. Except now the text explicitly tells us "Actually, this is good now in this particular instance".

Yeah on first reading I thought the joke of this strip below was "twitter says it's free speech when actually it's moderating my hate speech, like the fascists they are"

That's a pretty funny face on Hunter

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh please oh please oh please

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Discendo Vox posted:

The book being pointed to is an anti-trans parable 4 kidz from the Daily Wire publishing company.

Best part of the article is this

quote:

On December 11, 2021, media personality Ashley St. Clair accused Walsh of stealing the idea and plot for Johnny the Walrus from her children's book Elephants Aren't Birds, which was published in July 2021.

Each of these assholes actually think they came up with The One Joke themselves and they're incredibly original and insightful for it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cast The One Joke into the fires of mt.Doom. It's the only place in which that evil can be unmade.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

So are we gonna see some spicy roe v wade bullshittery soon?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

What in the gently caress

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

BrotherJayne posted:

What in the gently caress

By popular demand posted:

Cast The One Joke into the fires of mt.Doom. It's the only place in which that evil can be unmade.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh please oh please oh please

Oh my god they had all the "someone blew up my campaign" pre-drawn and decided to hastily remake it into a Ukraine thing

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

23 fetii in a black void

Man, I'm really not sure how I feel about these new K6BD angel names.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

Best part of the article is this

Each of these assholes actually think they came up with The One Joke themselves and they're incredibly original and insightful for it

Nice try Ashley but you can't just identify as a person who first came up with the idea :smug:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

It's Varvel so I can guess he thinks this is a good thing, but he's drawn a small pathetic kid having their concerns being dismissed out of hand by an eyeless monster. How do you gently caress up viusual metaphors so badly when it's the main part of your job.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s infuriating because they know hormones do stuff and it’s not a chromosome doing everything. Otherwise AM radio wouldn’t be filled with ads about dick pills and testosterone supplements.

“Oh no, we can’t possibly prescribe hormones to trans people, what could happen?? :ohdear:
“HEY DUDE. IS YOUR WEE WEE UNABLE TO GET HARD? BUY OUR TESTOSTEROWN BRAND T POWDER AND GET YOUR STICK STIFF AGAIN.”

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Murdstone posted:

I predict 23 fetuses tomorrow, 10 of which will talk.
How about SIXTY TWO MILLION

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Babies in heaven, the eternal paradise, happy that other kids won't be coming in?

Babies have gentrified heaven, smdh

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I think you'll find that in the oath doctors take, there's a line about "Only perscribe pills so portly 60 year old men can grow back their hair and pork 20 year old interns", so...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

How about SIXTY TWO MILLION

Aborting Toddlers is already illegal tho?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
not sure how old this is, but seems appropriate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Okay, I looked up what this is about.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/usps-just-suspended-effective-immediately-222804509.html

It's possible my 10 seconds of internet research is missing stuff, but what I found is one block(?) of Santa Monica has literally one person who has harassed mail carriers; one police report describes an assault with a broomstick as a weapon. The perpetrator is "well known" to the local police. While the suspension is ongoing, local residents are instructed to pick up their mail at the post office.

Assaulting mail carriers is a crime, and I don't understand why the perpetrator apparently hasn't faced any consequences yet... but the comic gives the impression that multiple criminals were shooting at the mail carriers, or something else much more horrifying than what has actually happened.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a dangerous week for Boris Johnson – Partygate, local elections, the cost of living crisis … the road ahead looks tricky for the PM"

Telegraph:

Russia's Victory Parade to take a hit after dramatic military losses in Ukraine

Independent:

Civilians leave besieged Mariupol steelworks after Putin said not even a ‘fly’ should escape

Times:

Evening Standard:

PM hails Ukraine for ‘greatest feat of arms of 21st century’ by forcing Putin’s army from ‘gates of Kyiv’

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HootTheOwl posted:

Aborting Toddlers is already illegal tho?

Everyone knows that when babby is formed, it is immediately fully developed into a recognizable human being.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Australia election: Interest rates rise for first time in decade (BBC). Whoever wins the election has to deal with what will be a series of rate rises.

Rowe:

Scott Morrison is spinning the interest rate rise as "not about me" and the issue "above politics".

Lethbridge:

Knight:

Victorian state budget. I've been skipping the state specific cartoons but exceptions are made when they slap a debt label on an arse.

Wilcox:

At the end are Pauline Hanson, Clive Palmer and Bob Katter.

Spooner:

Pope:

I don't know if this David Pope drawing was a published cartoon but it's good. It's based on a photo of one of Josh Frydenberg's billboards on the Junktion Hotel in Kew Junction in his seat of Kooyong (Melbourne)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

These are two different species

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
It's like one of those 90's kid's horror series entries.

"SCREAM KIDZ #34: THE LIBRARIAN IS A MUSHROOM BIGOT FROM MARS"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I suggest a Kellies category for worst cartoon about the Roe decision.

On the subject of the Kellies, my apologies- the combo of the Roe decision and an earlier work crisis (not Roe-related) are sucking away all my energy for manual vote-tallying. I'll get that stuff together asap. We've gotta automate more of this process for next year.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 4, 2022

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"All Tuckered Out"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

made me lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

McCoy over here siding with the literal devil.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kellies nomination: worst overall, most incomprehensible

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's a very good faith presentation of why people are in favor of legal abortions at least, McCoy's always been one to frame the other side in a reasonable and fair light

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Tony Branco

quote:

Scary Poppins: Left-wing hack and propagandist Jankowicz is now heading Biden’s Disinformation Governance Board.

Is Branco doing furry art on the side now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sorensen, you realize you don't have to make up a fake name for Elon Musk, right? You can just call him Elon Musk. You know you want to, just loving do it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Did the needful:

Bringdowner
Oct 2, 2021

Kellies nomination: most incomprehensible

Lavrov's not a drunk, he means everything he says. Also: Putin penisnose

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

This one makes me even angrier than most McCoys, and I second all nominations for it. Fuckstain couldn't even hold off his victory lap long enough to remember that Roe was the side in that case that was pro-abortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I don't generally try to over-intepret these, but why the gently caress are the women unhappy to be entering the US? And one of them is blonde. Is this a trafficking \ "immigrants coming to take our women" take?