Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Kibayasu posted:

Is it weird that Sam’s gun sheath isn’t a thing in the final fight at all? I always thought that was weird.

Raiden's own limbs probably provide way more force than the ballistic sheath would. That and Raiden doesn't do the anime quick draw sword thing, he just does every other anime sword thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Is it weird that Sam’s gun sheath isn’t a thing in the final fight at all? I always thought that was weird.
I'm pretty sure that's what he's using in those dash attacks with an explosion sound effect

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite little touch, despite all the other great ones, is how Sunny's optimism is so infectious that even Blade Wolf can't help but go along with it :3: he just completely loses his snark because how can you be rude to someone like that, even jokingly

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm pretty sure that's what he's using in those dash attacks with an explosion sound effect

The fight with Armstrong, not Sam.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Danaru posted:

My favourite little touch, despite all the other great ones, is how Sunny's optimism is so infectious that even Blade Wolf can't help but go along with it :3: he just completely loses his snark because how can you be rude to someone like that, even jokingly

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Jetstream's levels are one of the finest pieces of DLCs ever made imo, it's incredible how they made him feel so distinct from Raiden and just as cool despite both of them being essentially just dudes with swords. Every cool thing he does in his bossfight, you can do too, up to and including making your opponents so pissed off at you they stop giving a poo poo about their own self-defense.

Too bad Blade Wolf's DLC wasn't nearly as good, I would have loved to see them come up with something more unique. Revengeance 2 when :(

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Revengeance 2 but it’s an Otacon dating sim.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

No, it is. It's just in the second phase after you disarm him once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJlb9KulMBk&t=269s

One time is when he charges at you and you can disarm him if you parry it and hit his hand.

And then that move where he dashs and slashes is also him using it. 5:20 And he also has an immediate sword draw attack too 5:33

Finally, he's got that AOE slash move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTii_Vwowg&t=170s

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

No, it is. It's just in the second phase after you disarm him once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJlb9KulMBk&t=269s

One time is when he charges at you and you can disarm him if you parry it and hit his hand.

And then that move where he dashs and slashes is also him using it. 5:20 And he also has an immediate sword draw attack too 5:33

Finally, he's got that AOE slash move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTii_Vwowg&t=170s

I mean when you use it to fight Armstrong. It’s how he defeats you at the beginning, he passes it along, and then it isn’t used. That they use it exactly how you would expect in Sam’s own boss fight with Armstrong it seems impossible for me to think they didn’t have that in mind for Raiden’s.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNNhF-fJkA

Civvie reviews Lucasarts' western FPS, Outlaws.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNNhF-fJkA

Civvie reviews Lucasarts' western FPS, Outlaws.

Nice. I haven't thought about Outlaws in... well, probably since it came out. Used to be it felt like while LucasArts never innovated on a genre they always knew the assignment (and sometimes they did innovate).

Babaduck
Apr 30, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdMFuYVLhY

Dominic Griffin (Armchair Auteur) discusses Doctor Strange 2 and MCU fatigue.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Multiverse of madness is a dope rear end title

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWJE8k-Meo

Sarah Z covers Geek Culture and dear lord I dont miss it

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Groovelord Neato posted:

I may not enjoy his turn to tween shows that came out when I was like 30 but the Q-man's still got it

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1521308492925128707?s=20&t=fmKYKHhLXgtZglwYZa5IlA

Quentin is a dweeb, but he's good people.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

haha, Lootcrate. Lootcrate was literally just the company buying unsold stock from various places at bargain prices and shoving it into a box each month. Basically the equivalent of paying Big Lots to mail you a box of themed crap each month.

And I will never understand why Funko Pop took off while competitors like Mighty Muggs failed. I mean, they’re both ugly, but at least the latter didn’t have those dead, voided eyes staring at you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ashens did Lootcrate videos basically right up to the end and by that last year they were pretty loving dire. It was like a statue, a pin and like some little item that was a repeat from an earlier box.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lootboxes are literally just a very old scam that is usually targeted at senior citizens. Somebody just realized it might work on dumb nerds too.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can't even hate the grift. Nerds deserve their suffering. The meal kit boxes drive me up the loving wall though. Just go to the loving grocery store. Don't bring up your Edge Casey bullshit, you know drat well they ain't targeted for the elderly or handicapped.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

I can't even hate the grift. Nerds deserve their suffering. The meal kit boxes drive me up the loving wall though. Just go to the loving grocery store. Don't bring up your Edge Casey bullshit, you know drat well they ain't targeted for the elderly or handicapped.

I would almost do the meal plan thing but I've never found a plan that doesn't double or more a weekly grocery bill.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

I find its easier to google recipes than to buy meal kits. You can find interesting stuff no matter your dietary preferences

Also what's Edge Casey? Google isn't being helpful

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kibayasu posted:

I mean when you use it to fight Armstrong. It’s how he defeats you at the beginning, he passes it along, and then it isn’t used. That they use it exactly how you would expect in Sam’s own boss fight with Armstrong it seems impossible for me to think they didn’t have that in mind for Raiden’s.

The Armstrong fight is the final exam for Raiden's existing moveset. Adding a new mechanic would interfere with that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Violet_Sky posted:

I find its easier to google recipes than to buy meal kits. You can find interesting stuff no matter your dietary preferences

Also what's Edge Casey? Google isn't being helpful

Presumably it means involving edge cases

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Lootcrate almost worked on me but I quickly realized I didn't want more stuff, especially if I could not even choose the stuff

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Lootcrate almost worked on me but I quickly realized I didn't want more stuff, especially if I could not even choose the stuff

Not living up to the username homie

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

That's what the avatar is reacting to

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Landfill posted:

I had a few friends who did Lootcrate but even the most diehard among them admitted that the ratio of stuff they were stoked to get was vastly outweighed by the Dollar Tree castoffs that filled the rest of the box and space was a concern.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr. Movieblob is at it again

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1521642927209865220?s=20&t=tfiA9qbhg6TPA4Xzek0ofw

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1521643746667900933?s=20&t=tfiA9qbhg6TPA4Xzek0ofw

This same man

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Happy Landfill posted:

My roommate did lootcrate for a year or two and was mostly okay with it until one time it came with an oven mitt styled like the infinity gauntlet, except whoops it actually wasn't a proper oven mitt or really heat resistant at all and before Lootcrate could send out a message warning people he burned himself pretty badly trying to grab a cast iron with it. Canceled his subscription pretty quickly after.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
All you need to know about Lootcrate is someone literally did that "bobcat in a box" joke from xkcd and had tons of people signing up to get ironic boxes and then got angry when it was things like lovely plastic keychains and computer print outs like it was from the comic.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Violet_Sky posted:

Jesus it’s a video about my entire post-HS adolescence. Scott Pilgrim, Community, SDCC, Thinkgeek, just a laundry list of things 20-year-old me got incredibly caught up in.

I have an SDCC pass signed by Joss Whedon. It ended up that way kind of by accident. I was waiting in the same line as Firefly fans overnight and Joss, the Emperor of Comic-Con, came out to greet his loyal subjects, so I got literally the only thing I had on me signed mostly so I could say I did. It’s probably the thing I have that is most emblematic of what this era was, even if I had never cared for any of his stuff (aside from Dr. Horrible, which I liked because I’m a theater kid).

The video is already long but I wish she had touched a little more on the tech aspect of things. Another key feature of this is that an increasing number of leading business people were from tech and openly identified as nerds (especially Zuckerberg before he went from ruining the internet to ruining the world), not to mention the rise of video games from Nerd/Kid poo poo to outgrossing Hollywood and being a dominant medium of today. You can also see that mirrored in phones replacing computers and becoming a status symbol for not just geeks but the social elite in general (and the role Apple played in changing that image, led by Steve Jobs, also a geek idol).

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't play by the name rules :colbert:

Edit:

Sydin posted:

My roommate did lootcrate for a year or two and was mostly okay with it until one time it came with an oven mitt styled like the infinity gauntlet, except whoops it actually wasn't a proper oven mitt or really heat resistant at all and before Lootcrate could send out a message warning people he burned himself pretty badly trying to grab a cast iron with it. Canceled his subscription pretty quickly after.

I remember when this story was going around! No wonder that thing got put in to the cast-off pile of stuff that won't sell--it didn't even work!

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 4, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydin posted:

Sarah talks about that very instance! Apparently you could send it back to get a... let me check my notes... t-shirt and Simpsons keychain. Pretty nice!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any time someone talks about how the Right People are the ones winning, all I can think of is the planet from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe that sent the 1/3rd of their population deemed "useless" into outer space exile and then the other 2/3rds promptly died of a pandemic caused by a rusty telephone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's still the weirdest thing that Cinema Robert is a proud, known, and repeated advocate for eugenics. To the point where it is a cornerstone of his public facing identity and career mythology.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Is it a case of him thinking idealistically that if "small-minded" people didn't have children the world would be a better place or is he completely aware that the main victims would be poor, uneducated people and he just doesn't care

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

It's still the weirdest thing that Cinema Robert is a proud, known, and repeated advocate for eugenics. To the point where it is a cornerstone of his public facing identity and career mythology.

Its like a 2012 redditer forever trapped in amber, while the rest of them either grew up or became the more conventional type of racist.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Spermando posted:

Is it a case of him thinking idealistically that if "small-minded" people didn't have children the world would be a better place or is he completely aware that the main victims would be poor, uneducated people and he just doesn't care

A bit of both, smothered under 30 years of being a immature cockwad that never mentally left being a middle school nerdling NiceGuy

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also he seems like he's just one of those people who's all in on the Hillbilly Elegy thing where the poor ARE the bad people and that they're poor and uneducated from their actions and "dumb" choices (can you believe some of them have iPhones!). The idea of a college-educated tech bro with bad politics or the reality of the working poor just kind of bounces off people like him. So expecting consistency is just going to drive you mad especially as people grasp for coping mechanisms right around now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spermando posted:

he doesn't draw a distinction between the two