Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dr. Stab posted:

Those meal boxes are horrendously expensive. I don't know why anyone would pay full price for them.
Exhaustion. Two people, both with full-time jobs, making time to do all the shopping for the week takes actual thought. A lot of people, thanks to the world situation, are tired all the time, and anything that will make the daily grind less grindy is worth money.

Me, I have a husband who loves cooking and finds it relaxing. I'll be honest, if I were (God forbid) single, it'd be a lot of frozen and meal-delivery services, because I'm disabled and tired all the time.

e: To be clear, I know how to cook and am a quite competent cook. When I do supper, which I do once every two weeks or so, I'm out of it the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And there's no better way to guarantee that urine will end up all over your bathroom then asking a cismale to please clean up after themselves.

lol like all woman are some 100% model of fastidious cleanliness.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

from cleanest to most disgusting

women's home bathroom
men's public bathroom
women's public bathroom
men's home bathroom

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TengenNewsEditor posted:

from cleanest to most disgusting

women's home bathroom
men's public bathroom
women's public bathroom
men's home bathroom

men's home is bad but nothing in the world of filth can truly ncompare to a women's public restroom. anyone who says otherwise has been blessed enough to never have to clean one.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

pentyne posted:

lol like all woman are some 100% model of fastidious cleanliness.

Hey, can you do me a favor? Let me know where I stated this.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

women at home: you restroom doesn't have an electric scent diffuser?? Is the CDC aware of this?

women at public restrooms: half the toilet paper goes in the toilet so it clogs the other i'll just leave on the floor. now to hide these liquor bottles and this candy wrapper in the tampon bags. that should waste enough space that some used tampons will fall into the box when the bags removed so the janitor has to fish them out. can't remember how to flush but that's okay.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 3, 2022

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

coronatae posted:

Sometimes it's nice to have an easy slam-dunk in Dear Prudence
My only question is whether Mom has shown her sons how to clean properly (also her husband, although she should only do that once). Young people need to be taught now to clean.

I hope she's not doing anybody of their laundry.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for making my husband ask for permission before opening things in the fridge/pantry?

She should check and see if she married a bear or raccoon instead of a manchild.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Verdugo posted:

She should check and see if she married a bear or raccoon instead of a manchild.

According to Reddit mods this is the worst slur in the English language. Reported

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for asking my girlfriend to take down a picture?

quote:

I (23m) am in the process of moving in with my girlfriend (22f). I've stayed the night at her place a couple of times, and across her bed she has a shelf with various knicknacks, including a picture of her dad when he was our age, before she was born/I think it's creepy, and I don't like it. Another creep factor to me is that it's in a heart shaped frame. I don't know what purpose she has for a picture of her dad when he was young and not so dadish. Plus, he's alive and well and she sees him often so I don't understand any display of family members, and it's the only family picture she has. I get it if it was in a photo album but it's a lone picture on a shelf full of unrelated items.

I spoke to her last night and asked her to take it down because I don't like looking at it. I don't want to look at a picture of a man I don't know as soon as I wake up. Like, I know her dad now, but I didn't 30 years ago when he was that age. I told her I think it's weird and if she wants me to move in she has to remove it. She got upset, saying she's had it since she was a little girl and she's always been close and loved her dad very much. I told her I think it's weird she has a picture of her dad at a similar age to her currently in a heart shaped frame. She started crying and accusing me of making her relationship with her dad weird, and it's just a picture that she's never thought much of. She even compromised to say if I dont want it to be the first thing I see every morning, she can flip it down before bed. I still said no, that I find it weird even in concept. She made me go home and hasn't spoken to me since. AITA?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I have to say, I've been in a lot of public women's bathrooms, and have almost never seen anything disgusting.

Except that one time in Tesco, where I pushed open the cubicle door and got to see what looked like the aftermath of a shitgrenade going off.
It was loving everywhere; 6 feet up the walls - Jackson pollock-style spray pattern.

I know diahorroea can be... explosive, but this was thermonuclear levels of explosive.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Fellas, is having a father cheating?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This is a reasonable concern. I'm being reasonable, here! Why are you crying? "Weird"? "Insecure"? "gently caress-up viewpoint"? I don't... I'm being reasonable, here!!!!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just enjoy the reminder that you have become the ultimate cucker

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Exhaustion. Two people, both with full-time jobs, making time to do all the shopping for the week takes actual thought. A lot of people, thanks to the world situation, are tired all the time, and anything that will make the daily grind less grindy is worth money.

Me, I have a husband who loves cooking and finds it relaxing. I'll be honest, if I were (God forbid) single, it'd be a lot of frozen and meal-delivery services, because I'm disabled and tired all the time.

e: To be clear, I know how to cook and am a quite competent cook. When I do supper, which I do once every two weeks or so, I'm out of it the next day.

Having done a few of these boxes, I don't hink they're good for someone who doesn't know how to cook. The instructions are pretty sparse for someone learning for the first time. But, if you're comfortable cooking it's like a fun activity day.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

At least my experience doing menial jobs where I had to clean bathrooms was that the mens was consistently kinda gross but the women’s was an all or nothing horror show.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

At least my experience doing menial jobs where I had to clean bathrooms was that the mens was consistently kinda gross but the women’s was an all or nothing horror show.

This is accurate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Schrodinger's Women's Room

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

I have to say, I've been in a lot of public women's bathrooms, and have almost never seen anything disgusting.

Except that one time in Tesco, where I pushed open the cubicle door and got to see what looked like the aftermath of a shitgrenade going off.
It was loving everywhere; 6 feet up the walls - Jackson pollock-style spray pattern.

I know diahorroea can be... explosive, but this was thermonuclear levels of explosive.

I've seen that in Mens rooms also, I'm pretty sure the culprit was "hovering" rather than sitting on the seat to avoid those nasty germs.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

quantumwell posted:

I've seen that in Mens rooms also, I'm pretty sure the culprit was "hovering" rather than sitting on the seat to avoid those nasty germs.

No, John. You are the germs.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I worked as a janitor at my college’s commons building and the ladies room was basically always a horror show. Partially due to hovering and partially due to flushing pads and tampons. Oh and sometimes there would be blood all over the wall and floor of an entire stall. Other times it would be poo poo.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

therobit posted:

I worked as a janitor at my college’s commons building and the ladies room was basically always a horror show. Partially due to hovering and partially due to flushing pads and tampons. Oh and sometimes there would be blood all over the wall and floor of an entire stall. Other times it would be poo poo.

Yeah it's very mystifying anyone can make such a mess and be still able to leave the restroom without a shower and complete
change of clothing.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

therobit posted:

Yep, just before lockdown hit I walked into the ladies bathroom at work and the room had blood up the back wall, the toilet seat and floor were covered in (big) blood clots and feces, and the door handle and the sink had bloody fingerprints all over them.

I have bad periods myself, but that was a whole different level of horror. They had to call in an external company to do a biohazard clean, I talked to one of the cleaners and they strongly suspected it was a late miscarriage, which just added another layer of awfulness to the whole thing.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
Lmao I forget that "hovering" is a thing until it comes up in a thread like this.

As if there's anything at all on that toilet seat that can't be removed with a piece of toilet paper before you sit on it that's going to make it worth doing a literal workout in the washroom every time you want to go.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sisal Two-Step posted:

OP is totally Dadcucked

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This, for me, combined with having roommates. I dream of having a reasonable work schedule and my own kitchen. I used to love baking.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

I'll always remember when I went to the ladies and a used pad was stuck to the middle of the door on the inside.

I imagine as more menstruators use men's rooms they will start being more bloody.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fatty posted:

Is it the weird (American?) way of eating where they're constantly picking up and putting down cutlery and switching hands?

lol what????

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Khanstant posted:

lol what????

A lot of people use their off-hand to pinch with the fork, use their dominant hand to cut with the knife, then put the knife down and pass the fork over to their dominant hand before bringing the bite to their mouth.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Batterypowered7 posted:

A lot of people use their off-hand to pinch with the fork, use their dominant hand to cut with the knife, then put the knife down and pass the fork over to their dominant hand before bringing the bite to their mouth.

:whoptc:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
in my experience the men's room is always kinda grody with piss splashed around both the urinal and the toilet, and occasionally the men's toilet will be backed up
and then the women's room is a loving horrorshow where someone has poo poo in the flip-top garbage can leaving streaks of poo poo on the flaps and there's also poo poo in the sink and there's bloody shitwater on the floor and an entire roll of toilet paper half in the toilet and half on the floor and also poo poo in the in-stall garbage can that's supposed to be for disposing of tampons and pads

my new workplace will be opening with two all-gender single-occupancies instead of a pair of gendered bathrooms and i'm sure this will just mean that BOTH rooms get encrusted with poo poo in weird places

my personal theory for why it's like this is that it's a grocery store and most of our shoppers are women so there's just MORE PEOPLE making a mess rather than it necessarily being a gendered distinction, but it's still a thing i've observed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume Europeans just accept anything they are told like a naive child

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

my new workplace will be opening with two all-gender single-occupancies instead of a pair of gendered bathrooms and i'm sure this will just mean that BOTH rooms get encrusted with poo poo in weird places

The single all-gender bathrooms I've used have actually been on the clean end overall, that's a pretty small anecdotal sample size but maybe there's hope yet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

you should see how some people hold their writing utensils.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

pentyne posted:

you should see how some people hold their writing utensils.

Lateral Quadrupod triggers me.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

It's odd. People talk about women's public bathrooms like they are 7th dimension fo hell, but I don't think I've ever seen a misplaced used period product, blood or poo poo in odd places at a public bathroom. And I was an office cleaner for a while. Maybe I'm just lucky? Weirdest thing I saw was a giant beetle in a toilet in a literal savannah.

I do wish squat toilets were more common option. Would give the inevitable squat pissers their natural environment to hang out at.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've been a janitor before and definitely seen bloody whatsits left here and there, piss and poo poo sprayed everywhere (sadly, never in a creative way like when someone writes with poo poo or sticks it on the wall like you'd find in a mensroom), and i briefly worked at this place where my last three shifts involved bathroom sidework and each of those trips involved a catheter (i think never had my own but weird pissy tube and bag, just figure that's a cathy)being left on top of the toilet tank. To be fair, one of those I found in the men's room.

Anyway if you think the bathroom's are gross, just think of how many people don't wash their hands, even if you stare at them ask them why they didn't wash their hands. Never touch a person or let them touch you.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thinking I might switch back to 4 Finger, seems like it provides the most pen security

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Khanstant posted:

I've been a janitor before and definitely seen bloody whatsits left here and there, piss and poo poo sprayed everywhere (sadly, never in a creative way like when someone writes with poo poo or sticks it on the wall like you'd find in a mensroom), and i briefly worked at this place where my last three shifts involved bathroom sidework and each of those trips involved a catheter (i think never had my own but weird pissy tube and bag, just figure that's a cathy)being left on top of the toilet tank. To be fair, one of those I found in the men's room.

Anyway if you think the bathroom's are gross, just think of how many people don't wash their hands, even if you stare at them ask them why they didn't wash their hands. Never touch a person or let them touch you.

I've seen literal adults write with the fisted grip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Batterypowered7 posted:

having an identity crisis because i looked this up and don't hold my pencil like any of the options blogs seem to write about