Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They should switch to current manga naming conventions.

Final Fantasy XVI That Time I was Reincarnated by Phoenix and I had to Save Everyone but I Can't be Late to Meet Senpai at Magic Academy!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i walked and early-voted to channel some of my politics rage and i voted against these attempts to lower property taxes. gently caress you landowners, pay your fuckin taxes.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’ll just raise your rent more won’t it?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there's nothing you can vote for that will ever make rent go down and theyll wanna raise it regardless of what happens

also my landlord had a stroke and has more than once sent maintenance people over when we didn't need them, which is weird since usually when we do need them they come by and do nothing. in any case, worried he's gonna die and the property will be sold to the local feudal real estate lords, scott brown most likely, and then my affordable rent will definitely spike into "move" territory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Scott Brown should be tarred, feathered, and thrown into death stranding time goop

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the truck guy??

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
as a property owner, I wish my property taxes went to the schools instead of "economic development"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i live in texas so funnelling money into schools is a bad idea, they aren't allowed to learn in there anymore

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm glad I don't have children and will probably die of a heart attack/stroke in the next 20 years. At least my wife will have a few hundred thousand in life insurance to smoke weed/do whatever with until the nukes hit. Just lol at having even a fraction of hope that the future will be anything but an even more hellish nightmare.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm glad I don't have children and will probably die of a heart attack/stroke in the next 20 years. At least my wife will have a few hundred thousand in life insurance to smoke weed/do whatever with until the nukes hit. Just lol at having even a fraction of hope that the future will be anything but an even more hellish nightmare.

Feel bad for my Niece but hell, same

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

They should switch to current manga naming conventions.

Final Fantasy XVI That Time I was Reincarnated by Phoenix and I had to Save Everyone but I Can't be Late to Meet Senpai at Magic Academy!!!

That's more of a light novel thing I thought.

Manga naming conventions are more like mashing some cool-sounding words together. Admittedly that's the naming convention for a lot of things.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

That's more of a light novel thing I thought.

Manga naming conventions are more like mashing some cool-sounding words together. Admittedly that's the naming convention for a lot of things.

A ha! Trap sprung :smug:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

amen. used to be pretty sore i didn't reproduce and over time i'm working on being less attached to the fate of humanity or earth-life in general, doubt any animals will ever crack entropy anyway so who cares they're all losers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At least the apocalypse means people will stop making video games to add to my backlog

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I will make sure to write a note with some clues to a stash of useful healing items before I become a skeleton in the bathroom during the apocalypse.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm just gonna give up and be a war boy so I can ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
no! bad gamers! no doomer in the chat thread!

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I will make sure to write a note with some clues to a stash of useful healing items before I become a skeleton in the bathroom during the apocalypse.

im the skeleton sitting in a bathtub filled with whisky bottles

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Looper posted:

Yeah, I play games to have fun, the existential dead is for my therapist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yesterday in Fallout 3 and I found a skeleton in a bathtub and also there was a toaster in there and man, just drat :smith:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've only really messed around with the JCP weaponset in final doomer. it was fun but the WAD I was playing (going down) had a lot of encounters where you were meant to clear packs with rockets and the AOE over time effect of the prism cannon made it a lot harder to make holes. the devastor didn't feel quite as useful as the bfg either. cutting projectiles with the katana was sick though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Before I die I’m going to write a note to place next to myself that says “don’t give up skeleton”

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Returnal is a great name for a video game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYPY6nwS8l8

scrunt

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

why don't people just make their whole body out of teddy bear and survive the apocalypse barely singed?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bean boyz bad 2 the bean lets gooooo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

why don't people just make their whole body out of teddy bear and survive the apocalypse barely singed?

Fallout

more like

Sellout

Or something, I don't really know

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

This isn't some grim vision of the future I'm just talking about moving to Australia. Did people forget mad max is a documentary?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BotW taught me that apocalypses are actually not so bad

I do want to have kids someday, a few of my “friends” have brought up their whole “procreating is immoral because your dumb babies will be inheriting a very hosed up earth” thing and to them I say, I want to have kids

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got a kid on the way. Sucks for them. I can only hope my treasure trove of video game trinkets will be enough for him to forgive me for bringing him into this world. If not, I'll let him beat me in smash brothers.

I'm doing everything I can, folks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The A button on my old Xbox 360 controller has started to press weird. I opened it up and found that the A nub on the silicone pad has a tear that prevents it from springing back properly. Is there a good way to repair it?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Jay Rust posted:

I do want to have kids someday, a few of my “friends” have brought up their whole “procreating is immoral because your dumb babies will be inheriting a very hosed up earth” thing and to them I say, I want to have kids

If only there were a whole ton of kids that already exist and need homes, you could have it both ways.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
time to clock out of work & escape reality to the wholesomer criminal world of yakuza

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

If only there were a whole ton of kids that already exist and need homes, you could have it both ways.

Maybe but then they wouldn’t have my precious goon face/bod genes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
real yakuza a gamepad. except on the telephone minigame where the control stick makes it almost impossible but the mouse gets it done ez

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

BotW is dogshit though, so it taught me that Nintendo should stick to the formula

The formula of sending children forth to redeem our failures

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CubeTheory posted:

It's easier to be approved to be a foster parent than it is to outright adopt, only the foster parent has absolutely zero rights. Might as well just make your own at that point.

Also whether bringing children into the world is immoral or not remains to be seen, but without my son I would be a drunk and probably homeless right now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

A ha! Trap sprung :smug:

Nah, trap sprung doesn't sound cool enough. Maybe using synonyms or alternate conjugations will make something better, more exciting. Like Springyard Trappers, Coil=Hawks, ReBound & RePursue, or Gotcha Force

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rohmer's Nadja in Paris is such a prescient work in regards to the problems in modern internet culture. The need for her to give herself false permission to participate, the compulsion to look and observe instead of participating, the general passivity. The last lines are an unfavorable omen for things to come in the newer generations raised on internet culture. Worth a watch If you've got 12 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As a gamer I have plenty of kids. Ness, Ash, Atreus, Vivi, they're all mine...