Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Boo for Amber Frost erasure

E: Jesus Christ, how much time did it take to put this together?

smug jeebus has issued a correction as of 22:17 on May 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

vyelkin posted:

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here but one of the most deranged aspects of the horse race approach to American politics is how every bit of news is always framed as a win or a loss for politicians and political parties and not a win or a loss for ordinary people. Child tax credit expired? That's a loss for Biden and for the Democrats' midterm chances! Not a loss for the millions of people thrown back into poverty, it's a win for the Republican Party! Abortion made illegal in most of the country? Sure, it'll affect millions of women, but what really matters is it's an opportunity to fundraise and get voters to the polls in November! It's loving sickening, and I'm certain it contributes to people's sense of politics as a team sport completely detached from reality rather than something with seismic consequences for ordinary people.

yeah it's pretty hosed up

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

smug jeebus posted:

Boo for Amber Frost erasure

E: Jesus Christ, how much time did it take to put this together?

i have to assume they had this loaded in the chamber and ready to fire

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

peak derangement, I hated it at first and then I loved and respected it

i don't know who half of these people are lmao. if you're gonna collate them at least drop the @s so i can follow

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
The American people are hurting. Can we get a well lit sorkin of Biden and Kamala walking? please. The country needs this

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
i am sincerely glad they’re mad at us for it and i hope they carry that anger all the way to their destruction in November of 2022

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
like, they’ve spent the last fifty years not protecting abortion so they can use it as a cudgel to get people to vote. they’re mad that they’ve been exposed as charlatans and I’m glad they’re mad that they’ve lost another fundraising tool

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a fatguy baldspot posted:

lmao they did it. they did the one thing that could make democrats not get destroyed. the mad lads

You mean the one thing that could destroy the Democrats faster than they are already collapsing.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

like, they’ve spent the last fifty years not protecting abortion so they can use it as a cudgel to get people to vote. they’re mad that they’ve been exposed as charlatans and I’m glad they’re mad that they’ve lost another fundraising tool

i think abortions being illegal and all of the resulting horrific consequences that are about to become very real are going to be a better fundraising tool than predicted future consequences that you have to imagine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/CromartieMd/status/1521313094286249984

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

if you think roe getting overturned is going to depress gop turnout then I'm sorry but the diagnosis is terminal democrat-brain and there is no cure.

only a democrat could look at a political party doing stuff their base wants them to do in a decades-spanning effort, and conclude that the party is finished

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

our schools have failed us

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hrm it's funny how any topic in the current zeitgeist seems to be hurting the Democrats' chances.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hrm it's funny how any topic in the current zeitgeist seems to be hurting the Democrats' chances.

Common factor identified: Democrats

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Vim Fuego posted:

The American people are hurting. Can we get a well lit sorkin of Biden and Kamala walking? please. The country needs this

I could really see those two solving the immediate issues with some witty brainwalking

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

if you think roe getting overturned is going to depress gop turnout then I'm sorry but the diagnosis is terminal democrat-brain and there is no cure.

only a democrat could look at a political party doing stuff their base wants them to do in a decades-spanning effort, and conclude that the party is finished

ah, but have you considered that now that they have achieved one of their major objectives, the gop will now have fewer reasons not to work with the democrats? a new era of bipartisanship is upon us!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Godamn lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

don't sign yr tweets sean

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here but one of the most deranged aspects of the horse race approach to American politics is how every bit of news is always framed as a win or a loss for politicians and political parties and not a win or a loss for ordinary people. Child tax credit expired? That's a loss for Biden and for the Democrats' midterm chances! Not a loss for the millions of people thrown back into poverty, it's a win for the Republican Party! Abortion made illegal in most of the country? Sure, it'll affect millions of women, but what really matters is it's an opportunity to fundraise and get voters to the polls in November! It's loving sickening, and I'm certain it contributes to people's sense of politics as a team sport completely detached from reality rather than something with seismic consequences for ordinary people.

the part that gets me red mad and nude is the same loving people who do the most hooting and hollering about 9 dimensional chess team sports go blue boo red are the people who will try to rub the cataclysmic consequences for regular people in your face if you call them out for having an understanding of politics that consists entirely of a blue foam finger and the great man theory of history

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

hailthefish posted:

the part that gets me red mad and nude is the same loving people who do the most hooting and hollering about 9 dimensional chess team sports go blue boo red are the people who will try to rub the cataclysmic consequences for regular people in your face if you call them out for having an understanding of politics that consists entirely of a blue foam finger and the great man theory of history

pats fans do the same thing

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

pats fans do the same thing

At least brady gave them 6 championships. The gently caress have the democrats given people

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

really queer Christmas posted:

At least brady gave them 6 championships. The gently caress have the democrats given people

less money than trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

vyelkin posted:

when's the last time anyone in politics or the media ever spoke to or saw an ordinary person

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

when's the last time anyone in politics or the media ever spoke to or saw an ordinary person

When those people followed sinema into the crapper

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Democrats and the filibuster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvhQu0bUUMI

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
JD Vance is going to destroy Tim Ryan in 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dems should just do something, anything, about making abortion legal, forgiving student debt, and legalizing weed, and ride off into the supermajoritarian sunset, but they won't, because they're literally the nervous sweating person in the zombie movie who's been bitten by a zombie but is hiding the bite under a poorly placed bandanna

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In my scenario the zombie virus is centrism and the part when the Dems die and zombify and eat everyone in the bunker is the part when Republicans finally fully turn this country into a fascist ethno-state

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

i don't think it's republican turnout they're thinking about, they're saying that now those lazy bums who don't vote in every election will come out and vote. They're still operating under the assumption that high turnout always helps democrats because marginal voting propensity voters are mostly democrats. This supposedly ironclad rule needs to be reconsidered because a substantial amount of newly activated voters started voting so they could vote for trump. For example, turnout in florida increased substantially in 2016 and again in 2020 and trump's margin of victory went up each time. in ohio, turnout increased drastically in 2020 relative to 2016, and trump's margin of victory stayed the same. there were of course states that biden got more new voters than trump, notably georgia and texas, but at best higher turnout is a mixed bag rather than a flat +democrat vote bonus

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
drat yo Nina turner gettin owned so far https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/05/03/us/elections/results-ohio-us-house-district-11.html

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

lmao Charlotte Clymer and Matty Y also going up against the lib wall apparently. Have to scroll down a ways before hitting any Republicans :thunk:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My favorite one

https://twitter.com/thesaladshooter/status/1521459871404593153

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

that’s some profound mental illness. someone tweet a loss pic and say “on the bright side a fetus died in this one”

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TryCrying/status/1521514528730722305

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
People round here saying the Democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022 but I dunno. Looking at the state of things thinking they already done got destroyed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

a smug sense of self-satisfaction. that's probably pretty valuable to those for whom material conditions don't exist.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
So Nina turner has been officially destroyed in 2022

who’s next

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the elder scrolls iv: openbiden

"and so shut the jaws of open biden" - patrick stewart as urinal septic

Adbot