Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

As long as the create a wrestler is pretty good then it's fine, it's also pretty clear that they want to support it with DLC and updates for a few years.

widespread posted:

They loving better add Captain Insano. Never thought I'd think of him again but you know what gently caress it lemme be Captain Insano in the Season Mode god dammit.

Preorder bonus Captain Insano, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HOOK DLC alone will make them back their budget

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everything in the game is going to seem very shallow compared to 2k. people are going to be very mad. you can't feasibly release something like that in a couple years with all the expected options and customization and everything unless it's already a complete framework from a previous title and you're just adding and tweaking.

edit: if it's meant to come out before late next year

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 4, 2022

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cavauro posted:

everything in the game is going to seem very shallow compared to 2k. people are going to be very mad

honestly, good. 2K games are needlessly bloated with all their stupid loving Wrestlemania Moment Campaigns, MyUniverse dreck, and convoluted chain grapples/submissions/kickout minigames that got worse yearly. No Mercy had like 4 match types and it's still regarded as one of the best. It could be bare bones dry but if the game engine is good people will have lots of fun with it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, I think the only thing people are going to really be upset about re: robustness is if it has a sub-No mercy customization engine. If it's got that and a decent amount of character slots, people will be fine.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I hope they just cut and paste all the Owen assets straight out of the PS1 WAR ZONE game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry i didn't mean reasonable people. I meant the people who are all over the place, and game reviewers. When there are like 250 items between shirts and tattoos and elbow pads, and 15 hair options in the first game's create a wrestler mode those people will call it lazy and so on. be prepared.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
You unlock clothes and other parts in the Open Worldlow mode pulling them off people trying into get in the arena to fight MJF

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I hope Mikey Rukus drops a new version of "DIG DIG DIGGITY DIG DIGGITY DOG" for the creation suite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you could do kick kick kick kitty. kick kick kitty cat

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

I hope Mikey Rukus drops a new version of "DIG DIG DIGGITY DIG DIGGITY DOG" for the creation suite

:wardlow:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mark Henry's default entrance should be a remastered Chocolate Drop.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mark Henry's default entrance should be a remastered Chocolate Drop.

Unlock Hangman's Stay Puft costume by completing the Elite storyline "Gozer Problems."

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Cavauro posted:

everything in the game is going to seem very shallow compared to 2k. people are going to be very mad. you can't feasibly release something like that in a couple years with all the expected options and customization and everything unless it's already a complete framework from a previous title and you're just adding and tweaking.

edit: if it's meant to come out before late next year

A key thing which I think has cut down development time is the reason WWE dropped Yukes in the first place. Yukes told them they were developing a non-WWE wrestling game independently and WWE instantly dropped them. I don't think it was originally meant to be an AEW game but it meant that when they got the contract, they already had something to build off.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Did Yukes have any ownership over things like mo-cap assets?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I recall reading somewhere that Kenny didn't want to use mocap in favor of hand-done animation. I could've misremembered though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

I recall reading somewhere that Kenny didn't want to use mocap in favor of hand-done animation. I could've misremembered though.

That's a weird choice. Hand done animation is way harder and takes a lot longer to do

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's a weird choice. Hand done animation is way harder and takes a lot longer to do

it also looks way better than mocap 100% of the time

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

it also looks way better than mocap 100% of the time

I guess I don't have enough experience with both because I don't see how mocap is worse since it's literally capturing natural movements

I suppose you could do some of both. Record mocap and then embellsih it to make it look cooler

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I guess I don't have enough experience with both because I don't see how mocap is worse since it's literally capturing natural movements

I suppose you could do some of both. Record mocap and then embellsih it to make it look cooler

The big thing with mocap is they're not actually getting the wrestlers to do the mocap, they're getting indie dudes who try to replicate the moveset.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

mocap looks fine until they have to adjust the animation speed like 3x over normal bc hitting 10+ second moves feels like poo poo, then it looks wrong

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Pylons posted:

The big thing with mocap is they're not actually getting the wrestlers to do the mocap, they're getting indie dudes who try to replicate the moveset.

Yeah, Chris Jericho isn’t spending 10 hours in a mo-cap suit doing 20 takes of “Jericho punch #5”

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1521855432935018496/photo/1

Two wrestlers and gameplay apparently...

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Statlander and Nyla model and move reveals. Pretty solid stuff, movement is still a little cartoony.

Love the other three dragging Kris for being like "I don't play video games, so I know this is a big deal but I'm not getting the big deal emotions yet."

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Game coming to pc is the biggest news from all that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Croc posted:

games coming to pc is the biggest news from all that.

that and the name being confirmed as AEW: Fight Forever

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyBadPastaYee-cssFJv0So4ZJJlUf
https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyAbnegateSmoothieDogFace-3W0GD0H_CRYIAXSR

High res clips will be uploaded to their YouTube channel "within the hour", but these will do for now

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I missed all the footage but I did see Chugs reaction when Uno said that tsa broke his ps5.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Definitely still a work in progress but I do like that they're putting in hitstop - it's a little too much for my tastes, but it adds to the feeling of a move hitting

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda like the movement. WWE games are too rigid.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Holding any excitement off until the control scheme is revealed. Overly complex controls arbitrarily changing every year is why I stopped getting the WWE games.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The way the limbs somewhat awkwardly jerk into animations reminds me of the AKI animations, which is both good and kind of damning with praise, I guess.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i'm here for Aubrey marking out over every little thing

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No idea, how credible this source is. Smells a bit sensationalistic.
https://twitter.com/MikeStrawMedia/status/1521854399013871616

quote:

Sources have indicated that the relationship with Yuke’s and AEW, specifically Kenny Omega, isn’t in the best place at the moment. According to those close to the game’s development, Omega has found himself frustrated and “hating” working with Yuke’s. One person even claimed that it has come across at times like Yuke’s was trying to “take advantage” of an inexperienced Omega in this position.

There have been multiple instances of arguments over the game’s direction as well as constraints on development. AEW has invested significant money into development, but the game is “way over budget” at this point. It even required extra investment, but the specific amount wasn’t mentioned. These budget issues have led to a number of features of the game either being less than originally planned or cut altogether.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That's highly likely to be bullshit based how it's written

And I have no idea how Kenny could be seen as "inexperienced" in any way regarding wrestling or video games. That's his whole life

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's highly likely to be bullshit based how it's written

And I have no idea how Kenny could be seen as "inexperienced" in any way regarding wrestling or video games. That's his whole life
didn’t know he was experienced in project management

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

First Kenny drove out Cody now it’s their own video game developer? Tony’s gotta get Kenny to chill!!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Too many avalanche moves, not enough waterfalls

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

First Kenny drove out Cody now it’s their own video game developer? Tony’s gotta get Kenny to chill!!

When Yuke's unveiled their new neck tattoo, that was the last straw for one Kenneth O'Mega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egU5k2_lYbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwO6CsnS0SI

Full Res videos up