Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Bleed damage doesn’t work on the boss she’s fighting though

(Agreed I miss the shen-annie-gans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This is testing the waters for transitioning the comic into a gender-swapped Penny Arcade and at this point, I am here for it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Powerkrigg Comics

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GunnerJ posted:

This is testing the waters for transitioning the comic into a gender-swapped Penny Arcade and at this point, I am here for it.

This was the most entertaining the comic has been in ages.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah for as irate as I am about that clusterfuck of a chapter, that is a well-delivered punchline.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
i am so fuckin sick of hearing people talk about Elden Ring

nevertheless, this page was better than anything in the main comic since Annie merged

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like Elden Ring. I'm glad Annie understand the true souls gamer power of abusing every intentionally and unintentionally messed up thing in the games to win.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I haven't played Elden Ring and don't understand the joke :(

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pik_d posted:

blood dex builds (ie character builds that use quick weapons, light armor, and Bleed status infliction) are the most overpowered in the game. Annie has proven herself to be invested enough in the game to know this, and ruthless enough to exploit it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Oxxidation posted:

blood dex builds (ie character builds that use quick weapons, light armor, and Bleed status infliction) are the most overpowered in the game. Annie has proven herself to be invested enough in the game to know this, and ruthless enough to exploit it

"It's not my blood" - Annie, a second time

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

William - gets really mad that the game is too hard when he only levels Strength and uses nothing but a greatclub

Parley - uses bloodhound fang and Weapon Arts with a lot of anime flipping. Generally just invades people on a save file Smitty breezed to level 150 on for her

Jimmy Jims - stumbles through the tutorial and loses to the Tree Sentinel a few times before grumbling about wasted time and going back to weightlifting

Jones - probably can't safely operate a controller

Paz - tries to interact with a deer, swings her club and kills it, quits the game immediately

DontMockMySmock posted:

i am so fuckin sick of hearing people talk about Elden Ring
sorry for this

e: vvvv yes, and he can only get the Age of Order ending

Fecha fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 25, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fecha posted:

Parley - uses bloodhound fang and Weapon Arts with a lot of anime flipping. Generally just invades people on a save file Smitty breezed to level 150 on for her
Not that Smitty meant to, he just accidentally executed several of those frame perfect speedrun teleport exploits that cause bosses to fall through the world and die instantly while trying to finish the tutorial area.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pik_d posted:

To build on Oxxidation's explanation, it's also just kind of a broad "Kat gets wrecked by a Souls-type game. Annie meanwhile gets so intensely hooked on it that she plows through a 70-120+ hour game and knows optimal OP build strats." gag that's amusing because Annie has never shown an interest in directly playing a video game before.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What were the games Kat was shown playing again? Metal Gear Solid and GTA?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

She played Death Stranding, I recall

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

annie chose the frenzied flame

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

A green arrow, huh? Looks familiar.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Stonks Annie.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Snare. Snare meaning she WAS tricking Loup and now they're gonna catch him with the arrow, which is coincidentally what they used to transfer the robots to their new bodies, so it all ties together and makes sense right?? right???

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

I, too, am at the bargaining phase.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
*heist denouement music kicks in* and that's why I had to pretend I'd reconciled with my dad while Zimmy sent Forest Annie into hiding under the guise of merging us

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Arbiter Whatshisface seemed really intent on putting Kat in jail for eternity if she hosed with the arrow again, so if anyone is doing it, it's probably the Court. It's possible Kat reverse engineered it in some way, though, like she did with the green thingy that she used during the Jeanne chapter, and which was literally never explained beyond "We'll talk about it later" (author's note they did not talk about it later unless that was contained within the 6mo time skip we didn't get the chance to see)

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Snare, eh.

Like mother, like daughter?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

not gonna say "called it" prematurely and embarrass myself but Yeah

also Stonks

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

Arbiter Whatshisface seemed really intent on putting Kat in jail for eternity if she hosed with the arrow again, so if anyone is doing it, it's probably the Court. It's possible Kat reverse engineered it in some way, though, like she did with the green thingy that she used during the Jeanne chapter, and which was literally never explained beyond "We'll talk about it later" (author's note they did not talk about it later unless that was contained within the 6mo time skip we didn't get the chance to see)

they did talk about it later, actually. annie did not realize the monstrous visage she saw was related to kat

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Waiting to see what happens, but if Reynard could just shout "Loup, log off" to get him to show up, feels weird that Annie would do the whole baiting out Jerrick schtick

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

edit: nm

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Reynard pls help move the plot along.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
They're going to have an 18 page conversation rehashing everything Annie and Jerrek just discussed. During this time it will be revealed that Surma came back to life and was reunited with her family offscreen.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

worm girl posted:

They're going to have an 18 page conversation rehashing everything Annie and Jerrek just discussed. During this time it will be revealed that Surma came back to life and was reunited with her family offscreen.
Renard comes back and discovers the Court is gone--they moved to Florida while he was out

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
A subplot involves Shell getting mad that a squirrel peeked up her skirt. Reynard scolds her for dressing like that in the forest. This sets up a love triangle between Shell, Reynard and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jones.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I feel like Loup makes a good point here.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
still waiting for Abbott & Costello to show up

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

“Does it look like I’ve done nothing?”

worm girl posted:

*18 page conversation rehashing everything Annie and Jerrek just discussed.*

If worm girl was right, then Friday’s page will be my last page until the end of the year. (I gave this comic an extra week due to the Elden Ring comic.) But I feel at best we’re going to get a whole lot of tell-don’t-show.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Loup is a Glen Rice Jr. that thinks he’s a Steph Curry. He will never win a championship because he Has No Bag

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

IUG posted:

“Does it look like I’ve done nothing?”

If worm girl was right, then Friday’s page will be my last page until the end of the year. (I gave this comic an extra week due to the Elden Ring comic.) But I feel at best we’re going to get a whole lot of tell-don’t-show.

Looks like they were wrong :stare:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Renard, at least, is still good and Renard-y (for now)

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The comic dumps on Loup so much I'm almost ready to cheer for him.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Looks like they were wrong :stare:

I am happy to be wrong in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So Reynard is the snare and that long, weird-rear end, out-of-character conversation between Annie and Jerek was just bad writing, huh? :sigh:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 6, 2022