Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I really like looking at plants but I'm terrible at keeping them alive. I just learned about the Botanicals series and purchased+assembled the bonsai tree, the flower bouquet, the orchids, and the succulents. They're as adorable as I could have hoped for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sadly (ironically?) the toilet is the only one that stuck out to me as being new and/or interesting. Not that it is a good idea. More that ideas is just really bad now.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I think the UCS plaque is what did it for me on the toilet one - just pure genius. It had better be a sticker that they refuse to replace for added authenticity.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

What piece did they use for the brush head? Don't think I've seen any elements with bristles like that before.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Meaty Ore posted:

What piece did they use for the brush head? Don't think I've seen any elements with bristles like that before.

Car wash sets normally have pieces like that.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Yeah, it's this piece. It's mostly been used in car/train wash or street sweeper sets, the oldest from 1988 apparently. I also liked its use in red as angry Unikitty's tail in a Lego Movie 2 set:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I really like looking at plants but I'm terrible at keeping them alive. I just learned about the Botanicals series and purchased+assembled the bonsai tree, the flower bouquet, the orchids, and the succulents. They're as adorable as I could have hoped for

Same and I've been buying the botanicals but the flowers (sun, tulip, and bouquet) don't have any way to store them!
And I made the mistake of downloading Stud.io and trying to make ways to display them. I've been been making planters and vases on studio and spending too much to buy them on brick link.
Like this one

HootTheOwl posted:

My obsession with Botanicals has forced me to create:
Tiny little planters for my flowers:

And this wicker-looking flower bed (those tecnic bricks are on hinges so they can lie flat and there's wedges out of fram if I want some flowers at jaunty angles)

And this pencil-looking vase I haven't even bothered looking up the prices on

I worry I'm going to want to make terrariums for the succulents

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 3, 2022

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

opposable thumbs.db posted:

IRL succulents are really easy

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

You know, I would have thought that the black one would be cheaper than the green one just looking at the octagonal bricks, which were mostly used in the Aquazone sets of the 90s. Sure, the black one uses a lot more octagonal bricks, but the black octagonal bricks were far more common. The green ones only appeared in the Aquaraiders sets which were only released in the US/Canada. But looking at Bricklink prices, I'm surprised that the green ones are more or less the same price as the black ones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know everyone hates speculating and stuff, but I was yapping at my brother about Lego and I sort of ended up on this wager with him where he will buy any set up to $300 and sell it two years from now. I told him I could probably double it with the right rec. Don't worry I don't think he's going to make it a habit or anything it's just sort of an experiment we want to try.

What set do you think would be the best rec for him? Criteria is under 300 and it will be sold 2 years from now so I don't want to choose something that will still potentially be in production then. ( like, I'd choose something like the Delorean but I think that will either still be around 2 years from now or just freshly oop) My immediate thoughts...Batwing, NC Gardens, or possibly assembly square. or maybe try to get him to ramp it up to 350 for Mos Eisley.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I put a flower in it

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I know everyone hates speculating and stuff, but I was yapping at my brother about Lego and I sort of ended up on this wager with him where he will buy any set up to $300 and sell it two years from now. I told him I could probably double it with the right rec. Don't worry I don't think he's going to make it a habit or anything it's just sort of an experiment we want to try.

What set do you think would be the best rec for him? Criteria is under 300 and it will be sold 2 years from now so I don't want to choose something that will still potentially be in production then. ( like, I'd choose something like the Delorean but I think that will either still be around 2 years from now or just freshly oop) My immediate thoughts...Batwing, NC Gardens, or possibly assembly square. or maybe try to get him to ramp it up to 350 for Mos Eisley.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

veni veni veni posted:

89 Batmobile if it's still available.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hmm, maybe I should sell my Helm’s Deep

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Lego has such a long tail on their adult products that I don't really think any of those would double in two years. I'd try to look for something nice on its own merits and appealing to builders, but with some kind of drawback that meant it would not have gotten full attention at the time of release. My first thoughts were like the bigger Vidiyo sets (with all their lovely prints we'll never see again) or the Hidden Side Haunted Castle (though you would have to be lucky to find that for sale at all) Monkie Kid City of Lanterns, maybe. That thing is basically a fourth NC modular but it's not even stocked at my local lego store.

Edit: Yeah I regularly see people try to sell individual LOTR minifigs on my local lego group for, like, $25 for merely a Frodo. I used to think it would be nice to get a Mouth of Sauron minifig but LOL not paying that much

Edit edit: yeah if you count bricklink, Castle in the Forest will probably race up but that's another set where your brother may have to find a scalper in the first place

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 4, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

89 Batmobile if it's still available.

It's not. And it's expensive as hell already which is why I was leaning towards the batwing which I doubt is going to be around much longer. but it's not as iconic as the car imo so I dunno if it's as safe.

Also if I did that one I would have to buy it for myself first because I would just end up trying to buy it off him so I could play with it and I would ruin the experiment

This list is very weird for a number of reasons...

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The full list is equally bizarre:

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The full list is equally bizarre:

drat... would have thought Monster Fighters would be higher. I want more, damnit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The website Bricklink is the second most popular theme?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

The website Bricklink is the second most popular theme?

The Bricklink Designer Program sets. Their secondary market value is... bananas.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Idg stuff like vidya being way up there when it was a short lived line that seems to sell for way less than msrp on eBay.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've been putting together the bricklink kakapo set and it's frustrating to build. There are a lot of steps that build out existing structures without adding reinforcement so it's very easy to break the set while building it. I guess that's the trouble with the fan designed sets - the end product is visually striking but it lacks the polish of a Lego company set.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Idg stuff like vidya being way up there when it was a short lived line that seems to sell for way less than msrp on eBay.

The only thing I can think of is that it's comparing the deep discounted price to the slightly higher one.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Still waiting on my fishing boat... Got pushed back to July now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

w00tazn posted:

LEGO really screwed this whole thing up.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

w00tazn posted:

I was in the second round for the boat so hopefully it should come at the expected time. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the charge won't appear til then, I would have preferred to pay for it in advance.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Futanari Damacy posted:

I was in the second round for the boat so hopefully it should come at the expected time. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the charge won't appear til then, I would have preferred to pay for it in advance.

Weren't we charged when we ordered? I could have sworn I saw charges on my account.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Nope, LEGO doesn't charge until it ships. You might have seen a pending charge, but that would have been cancelled ages ago now. Visa cancels pendings after like a week, I think Master Card takes around a month?

You'll be charged for it when it ships.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

31109 Creator Pirate Ship might be interesting for speculation. MSRP is 120 but i can get it for 85 right now. Lowest ever is 55. It's been on the market since may 2020 so i wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled from the lineup pretty soon. And the minifigs are unique to this set.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I'm against this on general principle but the answer is Assembly Square.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I really don't have a problem with people speculating on widely available sets. The stuff with the Bricklink Forestmen Castle was hosed and it was poo poo when stuff like the Neb-B were all scooped up quickly (and not available in most places) but someone buying Assembly Square today isn't meaningfully preventing anybody who wants it from getting it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The real answer is find one type of brick that you can buy out the total stock of on bricklink for 300 dollars.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

engessa posted:

31109 Creator Pirate Ship might be interesting for speculation. MSRP is 120 but i can get it for 85 right now. Lowest ever is 55. It's been on the market since may 2020 so i wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled from the lineup pretty soon. And the minifigs are unique to this set.

How can I get this for 55? :stare:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Slugworth posted:

The real answer is find one type of brick that you can buy out the total stock of on bricklink for 300 dollars.

I know what piece it is too...

So does Carbohydrates. When are we starting that cartel my man?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The order I placed on Saturday night (Tallneck + a bunch of Monkie Kid stuff) has been stuck on 'In Warehouse' basically since Sunday morning. I've never had this issue before, ordering from the European store. Has anyone else placed orders for the tallneck that haven't been shipped out yet?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Skios posted:

The order I placed on Saturday night (Tallneck + a bunch of Monkie Kid stuff) has been stuck on 'In Warehouse' basically since Sunday morning. I've never had this issue before, ordering from the European store. Has anyone else placed orders for the tallneck that haven't been shipped out yet?

Mine is also in warehouse, I ordered the tallneck, succulents, and Dagobah diorama. I feel like I've had this happen once before with a midnight order that had a really high demand, can't remember what. I have to imagine this particular week is a busy one for them with such a variety of new sets and the May 4th/GWP.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lizard Combatant posted:

I know what piece it is too...

So does Carbohydrates. When are we starting that cartel my man?

its goats right

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Mine is also in warehouse, I ordered the tallneck, succulents, and Dagobah diorama. I feel like I've had this happen once before with a midnight order that had a really high demand, can't remember what. I have to imagine this particular week is a busy one for them with such a variety of new sets and the May 4th/GWP.

Yeah, I figured that May 4th can't help much. This is my first 'stay up until midnight to order' kind of thing for Lego, and after hearing stories of people who got through the virtual queue to find the Tallneck already sold out I was feeling kind of nervous about it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Both my May 1st non-tallneck orders are in transit and are supposed to deliver Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My Tallneck's due between Friday and Tuesday. So probs Wednesday.