Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

MLSM posted:

So Nina turner has been officially destroyed in 2022

who’s next

Nina Turner in 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

synapse posted:

Nina Turner in 2024

It's Her Turner

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Shear Modulus posted:

i don't think it's republican turnout they're thinking about, they're saying that now those lazy bums who don't vote in every election will come out and vote. They're still operating under the assumption that high turnout always helps democrats because marginal voting propensity voters are mostly democrats. This supposedly ironclad rule needs to be reconsidered because a substantial amount of newly activated voters started voting so they could vote for trump. For example, turnout in florida increased substantially in 2016 and again in 2020 and trump's margin of victory went up each time. in ohio, turnout increased drastically in 2020 relative to 2016, and trump's margin of victory stayed the same. there were of course states that biden got more new voters than trump, notably georgia and texas, but at best higher turnout is a mixed bag rather than a flat +democrat vote bonus

I have a higher opinion of the average voter's intelligence than most people but like

Democrats hold both houses of congress and the presidency, also known as The Federal Positions We Are Allowed To Vote For. They lost one of their only signature policies while controlling all of that. Why would I go out and vote for them if they lose even when they win

edit: especially when both of my senators and my house rep are all safe democrats!

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I posted, weak and weary,
On a quaint and curious megathread of forgotten lore
I was high as gently caress, nearly napping, from my phone there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, sending me a notification
"Tis some app I forgot I downloaded," I muttered "blowing up my phone--
Only this and nothing more."

Oh I forget the rest, but dems suck

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"got a joke for you, trebek-- what's the difference between the Democrats and a mallard with a cold?"

"Mr Connery we really don't have the ti--"

"You see, one is a sick duck and... I forget the rest but Democrats are worthless motherfuckers."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Why did the rhinoceros cross the road??

Well he forgot his umbrella -- and I forgot the rest, but democrats are useless pieces of poo poo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Richard Dean Anderson walks into a bar one day and the bartender says "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

Richard Dean Anderson says "Really? You have a drink named Richard Dean Anderson?"

Bartender says "Yes! ...Wait, sorry, I was mistaken. gently caress the Democrats."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

smug jeebus posted:

Boo for Amber Frost erasure

E: Jesus Christ, how much time did it take to put this together?

just copy/pasting from enemies.xlsx

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Shear Modulus posted:

i don't think it's republican turnout they're thinking about, they're saying that now those lazy bums who don't vote in every election will come out and vote. They're still operating under the assumption that high turnout always helps democrats because marginal voting propensity voters are mostly democrats. This supposedly ironclad rule needs to be reconsidered because a substantial amount of newly activated voters started voting so they could vote for trump. For example, turnout in florida increased substantially in 2016 and again in 2020 and trump's margin of victory went up each time. in ohio, turnout increased drastically in 2020 relative to 2016, and trump's margin of victory stayed the same. there were of course states that biden got more new voters than trump, notably georgia and texas, but at best higher turnout is a mixed bag rather than a flat +democrat vote bonus
nah you hear idiots claiming that since the gop have delivered on abortion, evangelicals will stay home now because they got what they wanted

there are a lot of way to have bad opinions about politics. I was just referring to that specific one

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

she sent me a text or something where she wanted to schedule a phone call with me and I never found the time to reply

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Apparently AOC waited until 12 hours before the polls opened to endorse Nina? Outstanding trolling by the queen of alligator tears, but it's not gonna keep the democrats from getting destroyed in 187 days.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Vote!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Here's how Hillary can still win:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
trump endorsed famous fat lil bitch and obvious fraud JD Vance and singlehandedly saved him by getting his fans to support him over a genuine blood and soil trump fan freak and he's going against the dude who's main thing was saying the old jew is too shouty in 2020

dems are a waste

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sexpig by night posted:

trump endorsed famous fat lil bitch and obvious fraud JD Vance and singlehandedly saved him by getting his fans to support him over a genuine blood and soil trump fan freak and he's going against the dude who's main thing was saying the old jew is too shouty in 2020

dems are a waste

:lol:

Yeah, I like how he has one commercial, and if they didn't put a D next to his name, it's literally all republican talking points, except they're not shouted and lacking in the overt homophobic rhetoric.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

dems are a waste

it owns that trump had a genuine 100% true MAGA believer who spent months going I love trump only to pick the other guy because they paid him millions for the endorsement lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it owns that trump had a genuine 100% true MAGA believer who spent months going I love trump only to pick the other guy because they paid him millions for the endorsement lmao

My favorite part was when trump jumbled their names into one

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
These two women approach you outside the hollar and ask who you are voting for in the Ohio midterms what do you say?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

pushpins posted:

These two women approach you outside the hollar and ask who you are voting for in the Ohio midterms what do you say?

I'm voting to put one of those big rear end pork sandwches in my mouth

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

pushpins posted:

holler

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the succ she holler

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pushpins posted:

The best part is Middletown isn't even a Hollar, you can go to Cincinnati and Dayton easy:

30 minute drive range:

45 minute drive range:

I didn't even watch the whole movie, but they treat it like it's 3 hours from civilization. Like bitch you're only an hour away from two international airports.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

There is no civilization in Ohio.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

is pepsi ok posted:

There is no civilization in Ohio.

Someone has never eaten Skyline

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

The best part is Middletown isn't even a Hollar, you can go to Cincinnati and Dayton easy:

30 minute drive range:

45 minute drive range:

I didn't even watch the whole movie, but they treat it like it's 3 hours from civilization. Like bitch you're only an hour away from two international airports.

That’s my house over there

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Dayton had some pretty fun gay bars.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zurtilik posted:

Dayton had some pretty fun gay bars.

Club Masque owned

copy
Jul 26, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

poo poo yeah

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pushpins posted:

"lol"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

spacemang_spliff posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

her people use energy from every part of the electorate

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

pushpins posted:

I ID them as feds immediately, aint no way those clothes are that clean unless they were cooked up in a FBI lab

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
my mother wore almost those glasses exactly (she insisted on tints though lol) but i mean a lot of people in the holler are capable of dressing up. lot of appalachia hated that loving book and movie lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

pushpins posted:

ladies, cut the bullshit and just tell me where Boyd’s at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

fast cars loose anus posted:

I think my favorite bit of "Elizabeth Warren claims Native American heritage" lore is her having some recipes in the book "Pow Wow Chow" which, like her heritage, she stole

my favorite part of this story is the "oriental stir-fry" recipe submitted by her husband Bruce Mann who has never claimed to be Cherokee except for this one recipe book

quote:

Mann’s recipe previously appeared — word for word — in the Oswego (NY) Palladium Times on January 24, 1983, the year before Pow Wow Chow was published.

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 17:55 on May 4, 2022