Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Marcade posted:

In that case, never see a proctologist with a forearm ruler

Maybe they've got a side gig as a fetish performer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Welp

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Went looking through Instagram to try to find an artist for a piece I want (nothing wrong with the last guy, just want a different style) and am very quickly losing hope. In the process I found this guy and some of the "marvelous" work he's done that's certainly worthy of this thread (hopefully links work, hot-linking direct image URL from IG):

I think I can hear just how out of tune this wack-rear end guitar is just by looking at it
...are her wings attached to her hair?
:pwn: in wolf form
I think I can see the infection circulating through those outlines

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
So really no one knows what happens to skinny peoples tattoos when they get morbidly obese? I highly doubt the lack of personal experiences involving that. Inquiring minds want to know!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They stretch and warp to varying degrees depending on the original placements and how extreme the change is. It’s really exactly the way you’d imagine it and not that weird or interesting a process. If it’s fast enough to cause a stretch mark then it’ll gently caress up a tattoo, if it’s not that fast then it’ll probably spread out pretty evenly like the rest of your skin.

Here’s a random GIS result where you can see how a change that was quick enough to cause stretch marks has jacked up several spots in this one.

KlavierVogel
Feb 27, 2004

[] an old crow spoke to me [] busted leg limped down the street [] said we're both tied to our own trees [] cut me loose, cut me loose []

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

So really no one knows what happens to skinny peoples tattoos when they get morbidly obese? I highly doubt the lack of personal experiences involving that. Inquiring minds want to know!

It sounds like you're planning on cultivating mass! :q:

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

History Comes Inside! posted:

They stretch and warp to varying degrees depending on the original placements and how extreme the change is. It’s really exactly the way you’d imagine it and not that weird or interesting a process. If it’s fast enough to cause a stretch mark then it’ll gently caress up a tattoo, if it’s not that fast then it’ll probably spread out pretty evenly like the rest of your skin.

Here’s a random GIS result where you can see how a change that was quick enough to cause stretch marks has jacked up several spots in this one.

so itt goe’s

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"so it goes" (it being my waistline)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"Yes I'd like the phrase, 'eehhh waddyagonnado' tattooed on my rear end."

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ok, and for the left cheek...?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

...the gently caress?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I tried for a while but I really don't get it. I understand weed and all, but the language is too far gone.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

whypick1 posted:

...the gently caress?

SMOKEY

I SON

BUN MORE THAN EVERY
THAT BREATH AIR

"NOTTIN"

THAT MOVES

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why do they call it smokey when you of in the son smoke of out hot smoke the weed

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Is this what having a stroke feels like?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Opopanax posted:

Why do they call it smokey when you of in the son smoke of out hot smoke the weed

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
That honestly might be the worst tattoo I've ever seen. It's bad artistically and technically and most important, it's loving insane.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like to imagine it was all done in a single sit and the guy had absolutely no idea that's what was going on.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like to imagine it was all done in a single sit and the guy had absolutely no idea that's what was going on.

Either that or he was all "Just gently caress me up dude, make it look like a methed out toddler did it"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I know you mean the person in the picture but this statement applies to the tattooer as well.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

I figured that middle line that’s lighter, the tattooer just ran out of ink. Found some more after.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I've been bringing y'all tattoos of drag queens, but how about a "drag queen got a tattoo"? I don't think the tattoo itself is all that bad on its own, but its placement is.... :confused: particularly since this queen's style is often very "bright, neon, poppy". Maybe it's a style change, but I dunno, it got a "..Huh?" outta me.

https://twitter.com/arielversace/status/1506787711633473536/photo/1
https://twitter.com/arielversace/status/1482006839722221572?cxt=HHwWiIC9xczXkpEpAAAA

Scratch Monkey posted:

SMOKEY

I SON

BUN MORE THAN EVERY
THAT BREATH AIR

"NOTTIN"

THAT MOVES

This feels like the times I've been on cough syrup and tried watching TV/a movie: they are words, in English, roughly in the form of a sentence, but I could NOT tell you what message it's trying to convey. In this case, it's an issue with the message itself, not my processing. :P

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I figured that middle line that’s lighter, the tattooer just ran out of ink. Found some more after.

Is there an equivalent to rolling batteries in the TV remote to get one more day out of them to tattoo machines and ink? If so, this guy knows it.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

I've been bringing y'all tattoos of drag queens, but how about a "drag queen got a tattoo"? I don't think the tattoo itself is all that bad on its own, but its placement is.... :confused: particularly since this queen's style is often very "bright, neon, poppy". Maybe it's a style change, but I dunno, it got a "..Huh?" outta me.

https://twitter.com/arielversace/status/1506787711633473536/photo/1
https://twitter.com/arielversace/status/1482006839722221572?cxt=HHwWiIC9xczXkpEpAAAA

This feels like the times I've been on cough syrup and tried watching TV/a movie: they are words, in English, roughly in the form of a sentence, but I could NOT tell you what message it's trying to convey. In this case, it's an issue with the message itself, not my processing. :P

Oh man that tattoo is awful and such lovely placement. Wow!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Is it supposed to be a specific character or is it a doll or?? It’s really unfortunate. Ugh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looks like Coraline

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Opopanax posted:

Looks like poo poo

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

HungryMedusa posted:

Is it supposed to be a specific character or is it a doll or?? It’s really unfortunate. Ugh

Yeah, it's the "other" Coraline (the evil versions of characters have button eyes). Maybe it's because she has no other tattoos, but the placement just makes it look like an evil Borrower is riding around in your shirt front.

(Not tattoo related, but drag and Coraline related:)
https://twitter.com/hosoterratoma/status/1453481020376772609

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Definitely Coraline, definitely poo poo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, it's the "other" Coraline (the evil versions of characters have button eyes). Maybe it's because she has no other tattoos, but the placement just makes it look like an evil Borrower is riding around in your shirt front.

That's an...interesting choice/placement for your first tattoo.

Signed, someone who got part of a logo of a convention on their inside wrists as their first.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

It's been a minute since I've seen Coraline, but that outfit reminds me of the Flatwoods Monster.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been a minute since I've seen Coraline, but that outfit reminds me of the Flatwoods Monster.

Pointywoods Monster.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Yo, it's Cruella DeVille's second boss form from Kingdom Hearts.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

if it wasn't for the faint outline of the previous skull tattoo you can see under his hair, I might think this was fake

still kinda hoping tbh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Between this thread and the Ukraine War thread I am a broken man.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Between this thread and the Ukraine War thread I am a broken man.

I’d like to think this thread did most of the heavy lifting.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Hey it's Swiss Miss, the new Spider-Man villain from the Turn Off the Dark Musical.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh goodness.