Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

sebzilla posted:

Yes but if it's not in the same ward then you'll be doing a badass ELECTORAL FRAUD by voting in a place you don't reside at.

e: actually you might not be if the new occupant has registered themselves, I assume that overwrites your prior registration

it is the same.

i'll just go and find out tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Our lib dem candidate has been on the ballot every election I've lived here and sends out expensive looking quarterly leaflets with the usual LIB DEMS WINNING HERE graphs and details of how poo poo our labour ward councillors are

Everyone knows who she is and she seems nice enough but it's still funny when all her intense campaigning following the 'how to win local elections' rulebook gets her a solid 20% of the vote every time

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

There's a really disproportionate amount of lib dem signs up around my way. Both of the lib dem voters in my ward have got signs up, & all 3 in the next ward over.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Borrovan posted:

There's a really disproportionate amount of lib dem signs up around my way. Both of the lib dem voters in my ward have got signs up, & all 3 in the next ward over.

i thought about this and i wonder if it’s because lib dems are usually more well off and can afford the paraphernalia

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I couldn't find much about two of the three Lab candidates here but one is a TU member and seems OK, so he got my vote, together with two Greens. One is a sustainability engineer and wants to end council tax for the poor, and the other used to work with drug addicts and alcoholics and now runs a small charity working on reducing re-offending and helping reduce homelessness. They seem decent enough.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jel Shaker posted:

lib dems are usually more well off and can afford the paraphernalia
That's not how you spell that :pedo:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

No elections here this year according to the council website, but it is general waste bin collection day so I think that fits the theme.

Remember when the garbage men used to come right into your garden? And didnt ask you for your vote?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One day I hope to stand as a Councillor and try and get stuff done properly, by implementing a workers collective.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Remember when the garbage men used to come right into your garden? And didnt ask you for your vote?

Just chucked the garbage all over your path or front garden if you had one if the entirely voluntary - ahem - "Christmas Box" did not materialize.

My town council manifesto: (designed to address most of the complaints in the local FB group)

Watchtowers every 100m equipped with snipers to shoot the following:

- owners of dogs who don't clean up the dog crap,
- teenagers revving their car engines loudly and racing round the streets without considering anyone trying to cross the road at the pedestrian crossing thoughtfully provided by the council immediately around a corner that you can't see until you turn into it,
- people who chuck their litter on the street instead of putting it in a bin
- non-mask wearers in shops without a bar code tattooed on their forehead by a medically qualified person to say they can't wear one (none of this fake lanyard a la that chap from Lewis whose name escapes me just now)
- cyclists who go on the pavement instead of the road/cycle lanes
- people who don't rinse their plastic containers out before putting in the purple bags (what we have round here) so they stink
- shop owners who complain all the time that noone buys their stuff but only open 10-3 when most people are at work and close on bank holidays when the town is absolutely heaving with tourists desperate to spend their dosh (yes, you are entitled to spend time with your families but we are talking 8 weekends a year and you whinge non-stop in the facebook group about people not supporting their local high street independents).

:jackboots:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 4, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's amusing how jackboots has very different connotations to wellies, despite one being named after an aristocratic military commander and the other being named after a type of shirt.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Jel Shaker posted:

i thought about this and i wonder if it’s because lib dems are usually more well off and can afford the paraphernalia
every lib dem party member I have known very strongly identifies as a lib dem & also has no knowledge whatsoever of actual lib dem policies, i always put it more down to a cult mentality. Being a lib dem is a social identity for middle class people who want to pat themselves on the back about how sensible & right-thinking they are, basically, so they all put up signs to make sure everyone else knows it too, is my theory

However, having looked up how many lib dem candidates there are in my ward & the next one over, I have another theory for why I have seen that exact number of signs in each

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Borrovan posted:

every lib dem party member I have known very strongly identifies as a lib dem & also has no knowledge whatsoever of actual lib dem policies, i always put it more down to a cult mentality. Being a lib dem is a social identity for middle class people who want to pat themselves on the back about how sensible & right-thinking they are, basically, so they all put up signs to make sure everyone else knows it too, is my theory

However, having looked up how many lib dem candidates there are in my ward & the next one over, I have another theory for why I have seen that exact number of signs in each

so they're american democrats?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

It's because they're also funded by tory donors. Every vote that goes labour > lib dems splits the tory opposition.

E: watch everyone with 'valid concerns about antisemitism' remain silent on this:

https://twitter.com/RavBogard/status/1521669490278285313?t=1Da72chotPpNhQWROKnamA&s=19

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 4, 2022

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My town council manifesto: (designed to address most of the complaints in the local FB group)

Watchtowers every 100m equipped with snipers to shoot the following:

- shop owners who complain all the time that noone buys their stuff but only open 10-3 when most people are at work and close on bank holidays when the town is absolutely heaving with tourists desperate to spend their dosh (yes, you are entitled to spend time with your families but we are talking 8 weekends a year and you whinge non-stop in the facebook group about people not supporting their local high street independents).
That is certainly one way of addressing the complaints in the FB group, yes

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1521821273227149312

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Was talking to my oil man today who, has until recently, delivered me my red diesel.

Its not allowed any more except for things like farms. Oh and golf courses!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

i always put it more down to a cult mentality.
That's not how you spell that either :v:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Was talking to my oil man today who, has until recently, delivered me my red diesel.

Its not allowed any more except for things like farms. Oh and golf courses!

big bag of cat litter, strips the dye right out

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Red Diesel was good in the Fast & Furious films.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just say that you were searching for tractors for a constituent and that's how you ended up with 5000L of red diesel in your shed.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

<WHINE>I hate getting in these comment streams on FB where someone (trying to be helpful) is completely missing the point of what I'm asking (question in local FB group) and is just bedding further and further down into something completely irrelevant. Don't want to be rude to him though because he really does think he's helping! Guess I just better stop pressing 'like' or responding!</WHINE>

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Seanchuckle/status/1521864027491688453

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I have no idea who thought that Tom Newton Dunn had any name value whatsoever. Nobody knows who the Political Editor of The Sun is

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

<WHINE>I hate getting in these comment streams on FB where someone (trying to be helpful) is completely missing the point of what I'm asking (question in local FB group) and is just bedding further and further down into something completely irrelevant. Don't want to be rude to him though because he really does think he's helping! Guess I just better stop pressing 'like' or responding!</WHINE>

Have you tried running it under the tap?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: watch everyone with 'valid concerns about antisemitism' remain silent on this:

https://twitter.com/RavBogard/status/1521669490278285313?t=1Da72chotPpNhQWROKnamA&s=19

I'm going to laugh like a drain if the net result of reversing Roe is mass conversion of American Christians to Judaism.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The issue is the wording such as "Things you can choose to do" and "When to consider wearing a face covering". Plus I work at a school and:

quote:

Those attending education or childcare settings will not normally be expected to wear a face covering.

This in on a page that starts by talking about how you can't know who might be vulnerable and to care about your fellow commuters and then goes "but lol gently caress 'em muh rights".

We are in a cramped and poorly ventilated building and I have no clue why the administration of the school is so excited to scrap any safety measures. A friend caught covid 2 weeks into returning to work after 2 years of not catching it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

I'm going to laugh like a drain if the net result of reversing Roe is mass conversion of American Christians to Judaism.
The white evangelicals want the net result to be able to put 'no blacks or jews' signs up again, so I'm not sure how well that would work out.

(Most of those ethical positions were also held by protestants until some time in the late 70s, because it's not really about abortion, it's about Jerry Falwell and Phyllis Schlafly rolling racism and sexism back to where they were before the 60s.)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

ijyt posted:

The issue is the wording such as "Things you can choose to do" and "When to consider wearing a face covering". Plus I work at a school and:

This in on a page that starts by talking about how you can't know who might be vulnerable and to care about your fellow commuters and then goes "but lol gently caress 'em muh rights".

We are in a cramped and poorly ventilated building and I have no clue why the administration of the school is so excited to scrap any safety measures. A friend caught covid 2 weeks into returning to work after 2 years of not catching it.

Are you allowed to wear one if you prefer to or is it strongly frowned upon?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Surely not even that many people actually care about Piers Morgan.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/honestj13162013/status/1521879255398952960?s=21&t=TAniWwTgN78gFMsOMYKIFg

lmao

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Are you allowed to wear one if you prefer to or is it strongly frowned upon?

Yea, the wording was "support the people that want to wear a mask" but like, I'm protecting people while kind of just having to gamble. Whatever, I'm salty as gently caress and want out of this country.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are people in other countries wearing masks still?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

forkboy84 posted:

I have no idea who thought that Tom Newton Dunn had any name value whatsoever. Nobody knows who the Political Editor of The Sun is

He's the Nazi mind map guy isn't he?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lool had the TV on for 10 minutes this morning before i left the house and saw keith getting intellectually destroyed by...

richard madeley (richard off richard and judy)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what is keith meant to be good at :/

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1521816029781020672

:allears:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

crispix posted:

winning leadership elections

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-eZEHlYuXc

The loving gall of Marsan.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that comes across as an idea that went very wrong in execution :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crispix posted:

Sucking off cops.