Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
As long as everyone agrees that giving literal vampires like Peter Thiel and other rich fuckheads residency or citizenship in far away countries so they can escape the loving disaster zone they helped cause is a bad thing we probably on the same page.

For content, a video game company posted this today:
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1521665031074631680

A large number of the replies and quote tweets are the Idiots on Social Media. The one that made me literally taste bile was:

https://twitter.com/PixelsnPolyg0ns/status/1521670390426308609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

teen witch posted:

(descended from those with strong Jollof opinions)

Just out of curiosity, how strong are your own Jollof opinions?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Just out of curiosity, how strong are your own Jollof opinions?

Kind of whatever to me unless there are plantains, in which Jollof is the lesser food.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
AFAIC you're all from the internet

e: that's not a compliment

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

door.jar posted:

A large number of the replies and quote tweets are the Idiots on Social Media. The one that made me literally taste bile was:

And how!

this strikes me as a dude who knows a lot about not having sex tbh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Expat = someone that has chosen to live in a country other than the one they were born in, especially where currency conversion is in their favor -- typically with enough money that this works very well for them

Refugee = someone unable to continue living safely in a country or region that is trying to live safely in a different country or region

Immigrant = both of those and the spaces in between, except expats often aren't trying to become citizens

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

door.jar posted:

As long as everyone agrees that giving literal vampires like Peter Thiel and other rich fuckheads residency or citizenship in far away countries so they can escape the loving disaster zone they helped cause is a bad thing we probably on the same page.

considering a late term abortion for this guy

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zil posted:

https://twitter.com/sxtvik/status/1521326459259916290

Literally discussing ways of putting an illegal activity* on the blockchain.

*I don't think it should be illegal, but that is the nature of the soon-to-be law most likely.

As opposed to all the legal uses for the blockchain?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

door.jar posted:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:eyepop:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

What a powerful accidental ally-oop. dude just tossed it up and got chaos dunked on

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:piss:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/chaosismel/status/1521628740492546048?s=21&t=GHdEOWHn5MDrmDy5nULGcQ

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Oh bloody hell.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Splicer posted:

:annoyed marge simpson noise:
Hey don't have a cow, man.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

Thread favorite, Ben Shapiro:
https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1519729472253030400

I think they were being sarcastic.

:wiggle:

How is Ben Shapiro destroyed in this video? It’s just the two of them saying “you’re wrong” at each other.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Henchman of Santa posted:

How is Ben Shapiro destroyed in this video? It’s just the two of them saying “you’re wrong” at each other.

I watched this a couple times and came to the same conclusion. Ben gets flustered yeah and the other dude makes a couple good points but it's just a couple nerds saying "no u" while the audience alternately boos and cheers.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
“Roasted so hard” is definitely the wrong take. To the kid’s point, Shapiro can’t just make up whatever definitions he wants to then strawman argument his way to victory. But this is hardly Ben getting owned.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zil posted:

https://twitter.com/sxtvik/status/1521326459259916290

Literally discussing ways of putting an illegal activity* on the blockchain.

*I don't think it should be illegal, but that is the nature of the soon-to-be law most likely.

https://twitter.com/sxtvik/status/1521590335180259333

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/FreddieCampion/status/1521880581436444672?s=20&t=j1Y6H9oRfXGZngzE2yuFPw

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does Little Ben always have control of venues so they always light his face so he has the face/eyes in shadow trope thing?

e: also I mentioned in the GBS buttcoin thread, but once again loving stupid incell coiners reinvent the wheel but worse.

Women rights/health orgs already do stuff and have good secrecy and op sec.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 17:29 on May 4, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1521887486179381248?s=21&t=1_ALE4OUNGxQ8MwW6XT6uA

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

does Little Ben always have control of venues so they always light his face so he has the face/eyes in shadow trope thing?

If he's speaking at a lot of colleges, it's probably in auditoriums and theaters and the light on him is probably higher than it is straight on from the front, giving that shadow effect. They should use a high quality projector instead and super impose the image of a clown.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

teen witch posted:

I am an immigrant born of an immigrant (and a nice white lady). I am mixed race, but I’m American by birth, so the way I’m seen as an expat or an immigrant shows a weird internal bias that a lot of people don’t know they have.

90% of the time in Sweden, I’m called an expat by the English. The other times it’s Americans and Australians, but like, you’re following the logic here as to who calls me that.

Swedes have deemed me a good immigrant, because I am American, despite being Igbo, as my Americanness supersedes all, but usually but not always, I’m perceived as African-American (descended from slaves), than Igbo American (descended from those with strong Jollof opinions). This weird differentiation comes with privileges.

Despite that, there is no immigrant/expat terminology within the Swedish language that I’ve experienced here, we all immigrants, I didn’t learn Swedish from “Swedish for expats”.

Should I choose to be a bit more up front about my paternal background, the niceness can wane among Swedes. African immigrants bad, African-American immigrants better (comparatively). I am literally equal amounts of various white and African.

In the US, it’s the opposite. African-Americans bad, African immigrants, better (again, comparatively). This doesn’t even delve into colorism or the weird unspoken African American vs African tension.

It’s really loving weird and dumb all of the time. But, it has lead me to be assertive about my self-identification and not let others just deem me good or bad based on when Pops Witch came over the Atlantic or what makes others feel comfortable in their biases. I’m a mixed race immigrant, and if you insist on referring to me otherwise, I’ll also be a tremendous problem. I was born of immigrants. My ancestry is defined by people going “know what? gently caress this place, cya fuckos”. I’m no expat.

This sounds really exhausting and weird to experience, but it's a fascinating case study of the sociology of political legitimacy, so thanks for sharing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Jeni's Puts Out New Gray-Colored "Sunshine" Ice Cream

quote:

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams puts out new Sunshine ice cream, a gray-colored but citrusy ice cream, to honor Mental Health Awareness month (which is May). The concept of the ice cream is that it appears "muted gray as a rain cloud, but tastes like a ray of sunshine" as a "play on the mind and a pleasant reminder that things aren't always what they seem."

Jeni's Sunshine ice cream is meant to raise awareness of children's mental health and the brand is donating $25,000 to On Our Sleeves, which is a non-profit with the goal of "[breaking] stigmas around children’s mental health."

Well, that's nice, right? What could possibly b-

Some dumbass posted:

I think we've already got virtue-signal ice cream in Ben n Jerry's.... how about we start selling virtue-signal carrots, lentils, or whole wheat bread? Buying virtue signal food that is healthy would benefit you in 2 ways.... because it really is all about you, isn't it?

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Henchman of Santa posted:

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I watched this a couple times and came to the same conclusion. Ben gets flustered yeah and the other dude makes a couple good points but it's just a couple nerds saying "no u" while the audience alternately boos and cheers.

Fair! I don't agree with "OMG SHAPIRO GOT loving OWNED", but he pops up enough in this thread I figured someone would get a chuckle out of it...I just like seeing him flustered, I guess.

(Like he likes seeing AoC's feet. :wiggle:)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

God drat it I hate it when people buy a product to enjoy and also a share of profits from that product goes to a charitable donation! gently caress THESE VIRTUE SIGNALLERS! gently caress THEIR TRIGGEREDNESSSSSSSSSS

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/codet_t/status/1521586053706129410

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

And yet somehow, American flags everywhere, red white and blue everything, thin blue line merchandise, and ARE TROOP bumper stickers (that are all just for-profit garbage) aren't virtue signaling. Curious.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

e:f;b, need to finish reading threads before posting.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 19:19 on May 4, 2022

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mushika posted:

And yet somehow, American flags everywhere, red white and blue everything, thin blue line merchandise, and ARE TROOP bumper stickers (that are all just for-profit garbage) aren't virtue signaling. Curious.

Literally signaling your virtue, but no.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

teen witch posted:

I am an immigrant born of an immigrant (and a nice white lady). I am mixed race, but I’m American by birth, so the way I’m seen as an expat or an immigrant shows a weird internal bias that a lot of people don’t know they have.

90% of the time in Sweden, I’m called an expat by the English. The other times it’s Americans and Australians, but like, you’re following the logic here as to who calls me that.

Swedes have deemed me a good immigrant, because I am American, despite being Igbo, as my Americanness supersedes all, but usually but not always, I’m perceived as African-American (descended from slaves), than Igbo American (descended from those with strong Jollof opinions). This weird differentiation comes with privileges.

Despite that, there is no immigrant/expat terminology within the Swedish language that I’ve experienced here, we all immigrants, I didn’t learn Swedish from “Swedish for expats”.

Should I choose to be a bit more up front about my paternal background, the niceness can wane among Swedes. African immigrants bad, African-American immigrants better (comparatively). I am literally equal amounts of various white and African.

In the US, it’s the opposite. African-Americans bad, African immigrants, better (again, comparatively). This doesn’t even delve into colorism or the weird unspoken African American vs African tension.

It’s really loving weird and dumb all of the time. But, it has lead me to be assertive about my self-identification and not let others just deem me good or bad based on when Pops Witch came over the Atlantic or what makes others feel comfortable in their biases. I’m a mixed race immigrant, and if you insist on referring to me otherwise, I’ll also be a tremendous problem. I was born of immigrants. My ancestry is defined by people going “know what? gently caress this place, cya fuckos”. I’m no expat.

Thank you for sharing your experiences- it was enlightening to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I know calling Obama a Muslim has been a thing ever since he started appearing on the news, but I'm really curious how they landed on Sunni Muslim specifically.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Read After Burning posted:

Jeni's Puts Out New Gray-Colored "Sunshine" Ice Cream

Well, that's nice, right? What could possibly b-

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Fair! I don't agree with "OMG SHAPIRO GOT loving OWNED", but he pops up enough in this thread I figured someone would get a chuckle out of it...I just like seeing him flustered, I guess.

(Like he likes seeing AoC's feet. :wiggle:)

The only posts I like seeing ben in are ones where he’s getting inconvenienced and derailed. Post away and thanks for the content.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Skwirl posted:

I know calling Obama a Muslim has been a thing ever since he started appearing on the news, but I'm really curious how they landed on Sunni Muslim specifically.

My knowledge of American politics in the 1980s is largely informed by Bloom County, but wasn't there a time when racists in America were legit confused about which sect of Islam were "the bad ones?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sunni just sounds so bright and cheery :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

My knowledge of American politics in the 1980s is largely informed by Bloom County, but wasn't there a time when racists in America were legit confused about which sect of Islam were "the bad ones?"

That time has been always because in different countries we hate, different sects have the majority population and most of the government is made up of them. It's like if America wasn't majority Christian and we hated both England and Ireland. Every other week you'd be getting news stories about the horrible oppressions facing Protestants in Ireland, and then next week it'd be about how the English are oppressing the Catholics.

I don't even remember which version of Muslim is supposed to be "the good one" at the moment, I just know one is the majority in Iraq and the other is the majority in Iran (I know there's more than two, but Shia and Sunni are the two biggest IIRC, just like it's reductive to reduce all of Christianity to "Catholic" and "Protestant")

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mushika posted:

Philippe posted:

Literally signaling your virtue, but no.
No, no, no. That's vice signalling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FFT posted:

No, no, no. That's vice signalling.

so like when I wear my "Drinko de Mayo" t-shirt in August.