Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Halloween Jack posted:

Has she tried letting Jordan Peterson tell him to clean his room

I would bet my next paycheck that JORP is what he means when he tells her he is looking at mental health stuff on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

guy probably dodged a covid bullet tbh

I certainly enjoy dunking on the dork who doesn't own anything other than jeans (seriously not a SINGLE pair of black slacks even? Lmfao) but also I'd much rather get owned on reddit than go to a crowded in-person event right now

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

pentyne posted:

Ordering something tailored online is insane, where would you live that it becomes your best/only option?

A 300 lb man could walk into any discount suit store, find a pair of grey dress pants, and get them tailored in 2-3 days, possibly even shorter if you pay for the rush. Unless the OP is severely downplaying "large" then he has literally no excuse. Even then you can find a DXL or similar that caters to people with 50" waists or more, and same thing, take it to a tailor to get fitted.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Not always. Best friend is an athlete and freak of nature since he’s around 6’5” and very athletic. Most stuff that can fit this thighs and height has a horrible billowing waist and vice versa. Still there’s usually some option for causal clothes at a big enough mall plus tailoring only takes a couple days if you rush

Am 300 lb man. Just about anywhere should be within a day’s drive of the big and tall store or a Mens Wearhouse, both of which can accommodate just about any size and offer same or next day alterations, often for free. Even if he has to get something way too long to get his enormous waist size, and no tailor is available, you can get hemming tape for just such an emergency and just have to be careful about how you tape it and how you wear it. There is no loving excuse.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

What gets me about Jorp is as a warrior for western traditional masculinity that he’s such a pathetic teary-eyed pussy.

Like at least Joe Rogan could tap me out and if he didn’t bring up his awful politics he would probably be fun to get hosed up or work out with. But I have 100% confidence if I ran into Peterson at a bar I could make him cry in less than 5 minutes just by talking to him.

How do people into “traditional” poo poo respect that?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

pentyne posted:

Unless the OP is severely downplaying "large" then he has literally no excuse. Even then you can find a DXL or similar that caters to people with 50" waists or more, and same thing, take it to a tailor to get fitted.

If he admitted to being "large" and having to buy custom clothes to fit, and couldn't find anything in stores, this man must be loving huge. I'm guessing 500 plus.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

therobit posted:

Am 300 lb man. Just about anywhere should be within a day’s drive of the big and tall store or a Mens Wearhouse, both of which can accommodate just about any size and offer same or next day alterations, often for free. Even if he has to get something way too long to get his enormous waist size, and no tailor is available, you can get hemming tape for just such an emergency and just have to be careful about how you tape it and how you wear it. There is no loving excuse.

Oh absolutely, I don’t think OP is the type to be freakishly lean and jacked for a tall guy either so he’s in the range he probably doesn’t even need a tailor at a big and tall place.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
you bougie fucks just let the fatman wear jeans to a wedding who loving cares

but also dont go to crowded events lmao what is wrong with everyone

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DaysBefore posted:

I certainly enjoy dunking on the dork who doesn't own anything other than jeans (seriously not a SINGLE pair of black slacks even? Lmfao) but also I'd much rather get owned on reddit than go to a crowded in-person event right now

My sister's wedding is in a month and I'll need to get a pair of slacks for it since, like many people, I've put on weight during the pandemic and my existing slacks don't fit. The last wedding I went to was three years ago, I was the MC, and nobody gave a poo poo or even noticed that I wore black jeans with my otherwise formal outfit (collared shirt, vest, dress shoes).

Wedding is only going to be 20 people before y'all freak out about that.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not getting my girlfriend a gift for her birthday

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years. Gifts have been sorta a sore spot, at least for me.

So the first year we were together she made me some cake things for my birthday. Which was nice and everything, but then she took like half of them back to give to her family. It just seemed kinda weird like "here's your present but I'm taking part of it back".

Then her birthday came that year and I did a bunch of stuff for her, got her balloons, flowers, a card and some gifts.

Christmas came and I gave her a few gifts, and didn't get anything. Fallowing birthday of mine, nothing. For her birthday that year I got her a gift but I didn't go all out like the first year.

Last Christmas she wanted seat covers for her car, I bought them but wanted to see if she even gave me a card or anything, which she didn't. We went to lunch a few days after Christmas she kept insisting on coming over. I felt like I had to give them to her since they were still wrapped and sitting in my living room. But that was sorta the last straw with me and gifts with her.

My birthday came and same thing, nothing.

So in almost 3 years of birthday's and Christmases, I got half a gift. I've tried talking to her about it but she just claims "she forgot " or "has so many other people to shop for for Christmas" etc.

She was dropping hints before her birthday for different stuff, so I knew what she wanted. I just didn't want to buy it.

Her birthday came and I didn't get her anything. I figured why keep putting in the effort and buy gifts for someone that can't be bothered to even make me a card. It's not a financial thing either because we both make about the same amount, and like I said I'd appreciate a homemade card that she drew or something.

So we went out to celebrate on Saturday. She kept saying she was excited to get her gift. I took her out to dinner, then she wanted to come over. So she came over to my house.

She kept looking around for a while. Then said "okay I'm ready to open my gift ". I said "what gift?" She said "ha ha seriously now... it's my birthdayyyy" I said " I knowww". She said "quit messing around". I said "I'm not messing around, I really didn't get you anything ". She said "then why did I come over?" I said "I don't know you wanted to." She said "you really didn't even get me a card?" I said "no, I just figured we're not doing gifts anymore, I mean you don't give them so..."

She gave her usual excuses "you're hard to shop for" (I'm not I tell her what I'd like and some stuff is only 5-10 bucks) "well I forget" and a few other things.

Then she said "it's shouldn't be about recieving it's about giving, but thanks for being a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat and ruining my birthday ".

AITA for not getting my girlfriend a birthday present

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

What gets me about Jorp is as a warrior for western traditional masculinity that he’s such a pathetic teary-eyed pussy.

Like at least Joe Rogan could tap me out and if he didn’t bring up his awful politics he would probably be fun to get hosed up or work out with. But I have 100% confidence if I ran into Peterson at a bar I could make him cry in less than 5 minutes just by talking to him.

How do people into “traditional” poo poo respect that?

The only thing people into “traditional” poo poo care about is being told that they’re right, and Jorps does that in book form.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

If he admitted to being "large" and having to buy custom clothes to fit, and couldn't find anything in stores, this man must be loving huge. I'm guessing 500 plus.

I got curious and looked up the top waist size offered at DXL. It’s 70.” The difference for 5’8 man at 38” waist vs 48” waist is over 100 lbs, and as the circumference grows it take more and more weight for each inch. A 500 lb man should be able to get clothes at DXL. If he truly couldn’t find it (and let’s be honest he’s just lazy) I think we’d be talking about someone who isn’t ambulatory anymore. It would be hilarious if this woman was dating a dude from “My 600 lb Life” and decided that THIS was the final straw.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

As a Fat, It offends me when other fat people dress and act like loving slobs. It makes us all look bad.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Having pants that are not jeans or jorts does not make one a bougie gently caress.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

therobit posted:

As a Fat, It offends me when other fat people dress and act like loving slobs. It makes us all look bad.

I promise you that is not what is happening lmao

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

therobit posted:

As a slob, it offends me to have people constantly comment on my weight.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cacator posted:

Having pants that are not jeans or jorts does not make one a bougie gently caress.

This is in the context of an AITA post you seem to have fogotten about

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The fact that he calls them "smart pants" makes me think he lives somewhere that isn't the United States, which would make easily acquiring big/tall clothes more of a pain.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The fact that he calls them "smart pants" makes me think he lives somewhere that isn't the United States, which would make easily acquiring big/tall clothes more of a pain.

which means he should have known better and ordered clothes ASAP after the invite, since clearly this was a "you better not gently caress this up" issue for the gf

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I dunno, calling them "pants" is pretty american/Canadian, isn't it? I don't know about NZ or Australia, but in the UK and Ireland they would be called "trousers".
Pants are underwear around here.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Pookah posted:

I dunno, calling them "pants" is pretty american/Canadian, isn't it? I don't know about NZ or Australia, but in the UK and Ireland they would be called "trousers".

Comedy option: All his existing underwear is so awful that she told him he had to buy something new for the wedding.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

plot twist: they are on Pitcairn island

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pookah posted:

The only people I've heard in the US who call any clothes 'smart' are decrepit olds. And even then it's "That's a smart-looking shirt" or "Those pants look smart", and never as a "genre" of clothes like "dress pants" or "dress shoes".

EDIT: Also on the use of 'pants' apparently: "In North America, Australia, South Africa and North West England[6] pants is the general category term, whereas trousers (sometimes slacks in Australia and North America) often refers more specifically to tailored garments with a waistband, belt-loops, and a fly-front. "

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 4, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not letting my ex bring his girlfriend to our son’s birthday vacation?

quote:

Every year we take our son on vacation to visit my (former) in-laws for his birthday. This is the first year we’re not together, but we agreed to still do the trip this year because our separation has already been hard enough on our son.

My ex’s girlfriend, who was our former nanny, wants to go on the trip with us because she doesn’t want him to be alone with me. I said no because I don’t want to be around her and this trip is about our son, not them. My ex told me if she came, we could get time to discuss what we’re going to do about our marriage without our son around since she could watch him but I still said no.

His girlfriend is angry at me now and is trying to force him to stay home or take her regardless of what I say since technically it is his family we’re visiting. I think my ex is annoyed at both of us even though he hasn't said anything yet.

AITA?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao wonder why the new one doesn’t him hmmmmmmm

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for Not Allowing my GF to have Dangerously Hot Showers?

quote:

I have been dating my gf for 8 months. Things have been going so well that when she started a project based in my part of the city, she decided to stay at my place temporarily rather than do the daily commute.

I noticed that when she showers, she has the water so hot that steam billows from the bathroom when she opens the door. It leaves everything in the bathroom wet.

I have been telling her to use the dehumidifier in the bathroom as she showers. She told me that she showers with the window open and turns it on afterwards because the air was too humid for the dehumidifier. I put my foot down and told her it wasn't optional, and she ended up breaking the dehumidifier with the steam.

I told her that enough was enough, and that if there's no dehumidifier then she would have to shower at a normal temperature like everyone else does. When she comes out of the bathroom her skin is red. What she did instead was she started locking herself in the bathroom while the steam dissipated so I wouldn't catch her turning my bathroom into a loving sauna.

Well, last week I had enough of it. I took the lock off the bathroom door. (The toilet is in a separate room so there is still complete privacy when using the toilet btw.) Now she can't steam out my entire bathroom without me knowing. I knock before entering and make sure it's not too steamy in the bathroom and that the temperature of the water is normal.

She hasn't said anything about it, but since I did that, her mood has been low with me. She's started spending weekends at her place and she's slowly been taking her stuff with her. I told her that I didn't do it to be nasty, but the hot showers were damaging my bathroom and probably her health too. She just says "ok" and "it's fine".

Tl;Dr I took the lock off the bathroom door to make sure my girlfriend isn't having dangerously hot showers in my apartment.

AITA for calling my brother an idiot?

quote:

I (17f) love to paint, and have been doing it for years. My brother (19m) loves to eat my food, and drink my drinks. Seriously, regardless if it's in my room, or even in my hands! He'll take whatever I'm eating/drinking and eat them himself. No matter where I hide my things, he finds them. Before you suggest locking my door, it recently got messed up, so I'm currently unable to lock it.

Today I was painting and, of course, I dipped my paint into my cup. I left my room to go get a snack, but as I was opening the fridge, I heard a yell and then lousing coughing come from my room. When I ran back in there, I saw my brother gagging, holding the cup. I figured out what he did immediately.

I asked him what was wrong with him, and he yelled at me, saying what was I thinking, that I could have killed him, that it was stupid of me to leave the cup there, and that I shouldn't have put the paint in the water. I called him an idiot for drinking it, telling him that this wouldn't have happened if he didn't constantly drink my things, and that this should be a lesson learnt. He cursed at me, saying I didn't need to be an rear end, then left my room.

When my parents got back home today, he told them what happened. My dad was angry at him for going into my room and taking my things but my mom said that this is part of having siblings and that I shouldn't be upset. She also later berated me, saying that I know that he does this, and that I should have put away the cup, although I really didn't think that he would do this. I do feel like I probably should have put it somewhere, or made it more obvious what was it in. AITA?

No, mom, I am sharing things with my brother. I can't help it if he can't tell the mug of paint water I'm sharing from the mug of coke I'm sharing.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lone Goat posted:

My sister's wedding is in a month and I'll need to get a pair of slacks for it since, like many people, I've put on weight during the pandemic and my existing slacks don't fit. The last wedding I went to was three years ago, I was the MC, and nobody gave a poo poo or even noticed that I wore black jeans with my otherwise formal outfit (collared shirt, vest, dress shoes).

Wedding is only going to be 20 people before y'all freak out about that.

Yeah I don't care about the dress code like whatever there. It's just some people have such limited wardrobes that tickles me, especially when that wardrobe is "Kevin Smith cosplayer"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Look honey, we're going to need you to remind him how to breathe once every couple of seconds, that's just how things are gonna be.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for humiliating my aunt in front of our family and a nurse?

quote:

My grandpa recently suffered a stroke and is staying in the hospital. I (18M) was visiting him in his room along with some family, including my aunt and her two kids. He had been taken to have tests done that would take awhile, so my aunt suggested that we all go out to lunch in the meantime. At that point a nurse had come in to put on fresh bedding. My aunt started looking through my grandpa’s belongings to find his wallet and goes, “We can use Papa’s money to buy our lunch. He would love that for us all being here.” Note: this aunt is literally one of the stingiest people I know despite being extremely well off. She’s the type of person to go to the bathroom when she sees the waiter coming with the bill. Obviously I was angry that she would suggest using his money or think anyone else would go along with that, so I spoke up loudly and asked her, “Can’t you afford to spare some of your husband’s money to buy your own lunch, or are things that bad?” She shot daggers at me and then looked embarrassed the rest of the time we were there.

After we left, my dad texted her the location of where we were eating lunch at and she texted back that she and her kids were going somewhere else. She also texted my dad today to ask what time we were visiting my grandpa and I’m pretty sure purposely went another time. Was I an AH?
Give me your wallet.

Comments say that one of the Uncles is gonna go retrieve the wallet and wedding ring to make sure they're safe from the Aunt.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not eating the steak my husband regurgitated and spit out his bite on?

quote:

Pretext: He didn’t exactly call me an “rear end in a top hat”, per se. Just said that I was being “overdramatic” for refusing to eat the same meal he regurgitated and spat out his bite on.

My POV: My husband (24M) and I (26F) went out to eat at this place I’d been wanting to try for a long time. I’d been through a hard day at work, and was starving. So when the hamburg steak finally came out, I was so excited to dig in because it looked amazing! My husband ended up taking the first bite, which kind of had me miffed… but, you know, it’s whatever. Then, after chewing his bite and realizing it was too hot, he spits out his bite. IN MY PLATE.

I was disgusted and mad, as I thought anyone would be - but apparently my husband thought that was an overreaction. I asked if he could get me another serving, because I do not want to eat food that had a regurgitated bite on it, but he kept insisting I should cut off the part his bite touched and still eat it. I am a bit emotional and sensitive so I was already on the verge of tears that he ate the first bite when I was starving and then ruined my food.

So I kept refusing to eat it or even touch it, and he kept questioning why I wouldn’t eat it if the spat out bite is “not even in the middle or top of the meal”. It’s still disgusting to me regardless because that chewed out bite that he spat out was touching my food.

He wouldn’t get me a new steak and just kept being so stubborn that I ended up crying in the food court out of frustration because it was severely taxing to keep explaining this same boundary to him again and again while I’m so hungry and upset. Also it’s not like it was a $50 steak. It was under $20 and our bank account is shared anyway. I just wanted him to rectify his mistake by actually getting up and re-ordering the meal he ruined.

I wasn’t even mad that he spat in it (and he did apologize for that), mistakes happen. It’s cool. I was mad about his reaction afterwards. He kept insisting that I cut off the part his spit-laden bite touched and eat it, so I suggested he eat it instead, which he wouldn’t because apparently he was not hungry? Why would you eat the first bite then? In the end, I just ended up walking out and wanted to drive home because I felt overwhelmed by the conversation and how it was at a standstill. Which was dramatic, but I believe me refusing to eat the steak was not. But let me know.

Including husband’s POV as well to be fair to him, and also in case I missed anything because I am a bit heated while typing this. It will be in the comments because of the character limit. Please read his POV too before giving your opinion. Thank you!

HUSBAND’S POV:

quote:

My wife ordered hamburger steak, and before she ate the whole thing I wanted to try it so I asked if I could have a bite before she started chowing down. My wife agreed and I cut off a small piece to try it, when I put it in my mouth it was extremely hot and I could not handle having it in my mouth so I spit it out on the side of the hamburger steak, like it was touching the side of the steak (not directly on top). What I suggested was she cut off the part that had come in contact with my bite, the part that had touched my spit, and eat the rest. I was not hungry enough to eat a whole hamburger steak as I had already eaten an hour beforehand so I really did not want to eat the whole thing. To me it was like you are hungry why don't you eat the food? I'm not sick or anything either so what's the problem? My wife just kept refusing to eat the hamburger steak even though she was starving and I thought what a huge waste of food. Now I admit it was wrong of me to spit out the food on her plate, it was an accident and I apologized. What I am saying is she should have cut off the part that had come in contact with my spit if it bothered her so much (again I am not sick or anything). If it was me who was starving I would have eaten the part that didn't come in contact with the spit. I am also saying she overreacted by crying and refusing to do anything else, we had driven over 40 minutes to come to this mall and still had much to explore. I didn't bring this up until much later when she was in a better mood and was more willing to discuss the matter (I brought it up hours after the incident). Also one important note, we only argued about the food for about 5 minutes before she started crying.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

we only argued about the food for about 5 minutes before she started crying.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mr. Lobe posted:

we only argued about the food for about 5 minutes before she started crying.

Ok hold-up this is actually in fact quite an important detail

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

yet another dumb motherfucker who doesn't know he's posting about his ex gf. hope she gets all her stuff out before he figures it out

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I remember when Dangerously Hot Showers opened for Opeth, that was sick.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not eating the steak my husband regurgitated and spit out his bite on?

Hamburger steak and food court, not my idea of fine dining. I wonder which trailer park they live in.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I remember when Dangerously Hot Showers opened for Opeth, that was sick.

I want to know how you break a dehumidifier with too much humidity. Is it a physics thing or is the controlling boyfriend just crazy?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

quantumwell posted:

I want to know how you break a dehumidifier with too much humidity. Is it a physics thing or is the controlling boyfriend just crazy?

What does your heart tell you

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

quantumwell posted:

Hamburger steak and food court, not my idea of fine dining. I wonder which trailer park they live in.

Is there a point to your lovely classist commentary?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Leave one of the mouse traps that use cheese as bait out for a laugh

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Same dude lol:

My girlfriend has no goals for her life.

quote:

My girlfriend(23) and I(m34) have been dating for 6 months.

Her attitude towards money and success is really concerning for me. I'm a salesman and She's smarter than me and a college grad, but nowadays she just sits at home and runs an etsy "business". I've told her that I believe in her, that she can become anything with her PoliSci major and I could see her making good money in a real business.

She's gotten mad about it a couple of times, kicked me out when I've pushed. But the thing is she is dirt poor and she doesn't have to be. She spends the money she gets for her business and her disability on things like video games, Starbucks iced coffee. She just spent $20 she doesn't have on Easter baskets for her friends and family. Yet she's so poor that after rent, bills and food there's barely anything in her account. I watch her bring so little money in and spend it all at a time. I advised her to spend less and save more and she came at me with a nasty comment about how she's lived alone for the same amount of time I have (she got emancipated and lived in supported housing before she was 18) so she doesn't want to hear it.

She says we just don't measure success in the same way, but even her etsy side hustle barely brings in any cash either. I've asked her what her plan is long term and she really doesn't seem to have one. She just wants to sit at home, playing video games, making bracelets and selling them online. That's her dream.

I've considered the possibility we just aren't long term compatible. Other than this, we are great. I love her sense of fashion, I love her humour, I think her politics are a bit wacky but I think it's so great how much she cares. I just don't know if I can see myself with a person who doesn't want anything out of life. I've never met someone like her.

Tl;Dr

My gf relies on her etsy business to barely scrape together rent even though she could be way more successful than she is now. I'm a career driven person and I'm worried the relationship is dead in the water because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for walking out on my fiancé because I kept losing at Yu-Gi-Oh, ending with him drinking for the first time ever?

If someone calls a drunk who doesn’t know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, the only reasonable response is a polite thank you.