Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thank god they teased an image of Darth Vader. I've always wondered what he looked like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sure, Obi-Wan beat the poo poo out of Anakin the first time they fought, but I'm sure now that Anakin is *checks notes* horrifically burned and crippled to the point of needing 24/7 life support that he wears, Anakin can take him.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

No Mods No Masters posted:

Don't get me wrong, that sounds OK as far as it goes for a children's cartoon. They just seem like a mismatch for whatever this show is
Are you telling me you don't want to see the guy from trainspotting, jonesing for a heroin fix, fighting a bunch of straightedge mall ninjas?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i always thought the implication of vader's "when i left you i was but a learner; now i am the master" line was that they literally had not seen each other since the clone wars, when obi-wan defeated him on the lava planet. are they going to keep running into each other in this series? ugh.

also there is obi-wan's "now that's a name i've not heard in a long time" line to think about. luke is 18 in the first movie so that's how long it can be between revenge of the sith and star wars, and i assumed that obi-wan went into hiding immediately after dropping off the babies. but now we're gonna find that he has been having adventures at least until luke is 6 or so. when did he get people to start calling him ben? boy i hope they reveal this important information.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 4, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Are you telling me you don't want to see the guy from trainspotting, jonesing for a heroin fix, fighting a bunch of straightedge mall ninjas?

Explain the fast aging of ewan to alec because he got hooked on death sticks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Sure, Obi-Wan beat the poo poo out of Anakin the first time they fought, but I'm sure now that Anakin is *checks notes* horrifically burned and crippled to the point of needing 24/7 life support that he wears, Anakin can take him.

That was before darth vader got black reinforced gauntlets, the right glove being a Mandalorian crushgaunt fitted around one of Lord Kaan's indestructible Sith amulets, and modified to include grip-augmentation circuitry. The gauntlets were also made of a micronized Mandalorian iron weave to protect Vader against glancing lightsaber blows during the patient's physical therapy sparring sessions, as well as deflecting a direct hit from a blaster bolt

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Star Wars is garbage for babies

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

No. 6 posted:

Star Wars is garbage for babies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

luke is 18 in the first movie so that's how long it can be between revenge of the sith and star wars, and i assumed that obi-wan went into hiding immediately after dropping off the babies. but now we're gonna find that he has been having adventures at least until luke is 6 or so. when did he get people to start calling him ben? boy i hope they reveal this important information.

They'll be making these movies (TV shows/comics/books) till the end of time so at some point it'll be like the old EU where 100 years worth of poo poo happens in every gap in the stories and when it gets too ridiculous Disney will go "OK none of that poo poo counts anymore we're starting over clean again"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Explain the fast aging of ewan to alec because he got hooked on death sticks

Ewen McGregor is 51 and Guiness did Star Wars at 61, so the ages work out alright.

People aged a lot worse in the 70s.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Came for the woodoo hide, stayed for the Ponda Baba stealth spinoff pilot

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

darth vader and ben kenobi will appear headed for one final anti-climactic battle in some sort of epic ironworks factory, until they're both battered by a wave of reinforcements from the other side, which they have to deal with in separate rooms in split-screen. every time it looks like they're going to cross over to the other room a new goon will comically obstruct them and die

this music will be playing the whole time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3FCRr3t9WU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Valve Steam Deck posted:

No the inquisitors are literally tryhard dumbshits who think they're cool and edgy but are just lame, both within and outside of canon. They exist to give teenagers who are still learning the force some miniboss battles that won't challenge them too hard. They're the star wars equivalent of mall ninjas.

actually they're Maul Ninjas

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

Ewen McGregor is 51 and Guiness did Star Wars at 61, so the ages work out alright.

People aged a lot worse in the 70s.

Yah the actual ages aren’t the issue, no way ewan will look like guinness did at 61 tho! Unless..

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Dude with a knife tackled Dave Chappelle on stage
https://abc7.com/dave-chappelle-attacked-tackled-hollywood-bowl/11817178/

quote:

Comedian Chris Rock, who performed earlier in the night, came on stage with Chappelle moments after the attack and joked: "Was that Will Smith?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sagebrush posted:

i always thought the implication of vader's "when i left you i was but a learner; now i am the master" line was that they literally had not seen each other since the clone wars, when obi-wan defeated him on the lava planet. are they going to keep running into each other in this series? ugh.

In the Clone Wars cartoon they jumped through massive hoops to ensure Anakin never met Grievous in person before episode 3, but their solution was to make Anakin duel Count Dooku like eight times and get distracted from grievous. So when Anakin says his power has doubled since the last time he met the Count, it probably just means "doubled since last Tuesday."

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I did see a full grown human walking down the sidewalk in a complete Boba Fett costume. Props to them as it's quite warm and it must be even hotter in that getup.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Obi-Wan and Darth Vader are gonna meet a bunch of times in the TV show but Obi-Wan won't recognize him every time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I wish Chappelle a very hope it happens again

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i'd be pretty pissed if i was chris rock and had been sitting around waiting for the perfect opportunity to reference the stupid thing everyboys talking about and i seized on it a very appropriate and timely moment and dave chapelle fired back with "no its probably a TRANS MAN" or whatever it was he tacked on. hes just so doggone obsessed with his trans bullcrap even while he's being attacked by a classically mentally ill cis person with a gun and knife. anyway, very timely news drop friend, thank you. none of us knew

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

You left out the best detail!

https://twitter.com/Glock_Topickz/status/1521849883275186176?t=7XIiEBEb7xi0qnmT3RCfjw&s=19

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Can't wait to find out how Obi-Wan ages 40 years over the course of 6 episodes.

as a viewer, you will experience it

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

images of the perp have just leaked

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

drat it's brutal out there on the wook

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

That was before darth vader got black reinforced gauntlets, the right glove being a Mandalorian crushgaunt fitted around one of Lord Kaan's indestructible Sith amulets, and modified to include grip-augmentation circuitry. The gauntlets were also made of a micronized Mandalorian iron weave to protect Vader against glancing lightsaber blows during the patient's physical therapy sparring sessions, as well as deflecting a direct hit from a blaster bolt

Sounds like high risk of accidentally crushing your dick and balls while jerking off

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kingo Ligma posted:

Sounds like high risk of accidentally crushing your dick and balls while jerking off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAHLwAxS7FI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

drat it's brutal out there on the wook

this is because they didn't say what ortho-fabric was used in the suit

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Kingo Ligma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaTeuVFxa4

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

more important than that, unlike the left-hand glove, the right glove was made to be indestructible. A symbol of evil that would survive forever. After Luke cut off Darth Vader’s right hand in their lightsaber duel, the glove was believed to have been hurled out into space when the Death Star exploded.

quote:

After Palpatine’s fiery death

Another leader soon comes to command the Empire

And on his right hand he does wear

The glove of Darth Vader!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh those fuckin' books lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bitterandtwisted posted:

Saw this the other day. It was sillier than I remembered. The bit where Pussy Galore's Flying Circus are introduced and they're all sticking out their chests while goofy music plays was like a Carry On film.
And Bond is so bad at his job! He's supposed to gain Goldfinger's confidence but spends the first half deliberately pissing him off and the second as his prisoner while everyone thinks it's going to plan. Pussy saves the day by working with Leiter without Bond even knowing, and to cap it off Bond can't find the bomb's off switch.

to be fair, a lot of guys would have trouble finding that switch. It was low light condition and he was probably exhausted by that point. It could happen to anyone!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If I remember correctly nerds determined that the only real animal to canonically exist in Star Wars are ducks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Galewolf posted:

Put ELAN SLEAZBAGANNO in Obi-Wan series you cowards :argh:

He rethought his life and became a door to door force missionary

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can you guys talk about decent shows and movies? I am trying to find something to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!