Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/simonhania/status/1139407268888244224?s=20&t=F8GM-zJ8BIh6BW8DiqZ7mg

Between this and those homeless concentration camps in SF that Deep Space 9 had, I'm starting to wonder if Star Trek was actually written by members of Star Fleet caught in a time warp and sent back in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Just wait til you hear about Final Fantasy X-3

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

We should have a relegation system for states. Like, we boot Idaho or the Dakotas down to territory status when they start acting up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

stop giving handouts to poor states imo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Senate abolition and ending (or neutralizing) the Electoral College are in the same basket where, by the time there’s enough consensus to amend them out or existence, they’ll have already stopped being any kind of real roadblock.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/simonhania/status/1139407268888244224?s=20&t=F8GM-zJ8BIh6BW8DiqZ7mg

Between this and those homeless concentration camps in SF that Deep Space 9 had, I'm starting to wonder if Star Trek was actually written by members of Star Fleet caught in a time warp and sent back in time.

If so then thanks to this thread, I know 2026 is gonna suckkkkkk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, I coulda told you that already without any Star Trek prognostication.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

In 2042 baseball dies because of world war 3. /spoiler

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Please. Simpsons are the true fortune tellers. As usual trekkies are trying to steal another series valior

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Pro-choice Dave Portnoy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Please. Simpsons are the true fortune tellers. As usual trekkies are trying to steal another series valior

Given how great early Simpsons is and how terrible the rest is versus how hit or miss Star Trek is (often within the same series) I wonder who has a better batting average in terms of "I flip to a random channel and a random episode pops up."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Given how great early Simpsons is and how terrible the rest is versus how hit or miss Star Trek is (often within the same series) I wonder who has a better batting average in terms of "I flip to a random channel and a random episode pops up."

Id be stunned if Star Trek was as bad as the simpsons. Only like... 20% of their overall episodes are funny, so if you're just flipping and find a random simpsons it'll likely suck

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

This rules. Good for Ireland the deeply catholic nation with more progressive womens rights than America.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah if Manchin loses, he's losing to a Trump Republican

Good. Cut out the loving tumor already.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1521949261017014273

is that greater than 4 american lives

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is that 1 million dead because of Covid, or 1 million dead who were Covid positive? Not trying to start a flame war or be political, but that has been confusing for me

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Pron on VHS posted:

Is that 1 million dead because of Covid, or 1 million dead who were Covid positive? Not trying to start a flame war or be political, but that has been confusing for me

I would assume dead with covid as a cause, not just dead while having covid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s also probably closer to 1.5 million

https://twitter.com/saoirsegowan/status/1521950275874996229?s=21&t=TFPCWRIsw2Xa917zlscakQ

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

I pulled the data source up since the article was confusing, and they have it listed as “confirmed deaths” but admit that the figures aren’t as solid as they could be due to discrepancies in how different jurisdictions reported deaths. However, it is deaths directly attributed to COVID.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I pulled the data source up since the article was confusing, and they have it listed as “confirmed deaths” but admit that the figures aren’t as solid as they could be due to discrepancies in how different jurisdictions reported deaths. However, it is deaths directly attributed to COVID.

So the actual number is way higher, because I don't think any doctors or morticians wete saying someone who died in a car accident while COVID positive died from COVID, but there was a lot of people with underlying conditions that also got COVID and the official cause of death was what they had before.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I'd presume the # would be way higher because certain groups would loving love if vaccinated people dying in car accidents tested posi for covid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also all the people who died because the hospital was full of COVID people and they were in a car accident and there was no room for them in the ER.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I would assume dead with covid as a cause, not just dead while having covid.

It sure seems like people are mixing in the numbers for both

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Amy Pole Her posted:

It sure seems like people are mixing in the numbers for both

Yeah, realistically speaking I don't think we'll have a good, agreed dumber for a few years after this is "over". Something taking into account excessive death counts prior to covid showing up in force and things like that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This rules. Good for Ireland the deeply catholic nation with more progressive womens rights than America.

This is Northern Ireland, the deeply protestant sub-nation of the UK with more progressive women's rights than America; but a Sinn Fein victory signals a potential move toward reunification, an idea that has been at the center of a frequently bloody conflict you're probably aware of. We can safely presume that a unified Republic of Ireland would continue to have more progressive women's rights than America.

And their victory, if they get it, is almost definitely caused by Brexit and the wholesale fuckup of the open border and trade issues it created for Northern Ireland. It would be deeply, deeply ironic if the conservative anti-immigrant xenophobic streak in Britain that led to Brexit, was the thing that led to a northern ireland exit and reunification, finally.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Covid 19 deaths are absolutely higher than reported, not just due to obvious flaws like people who died from normal conditions who would’ve lived had Covid not filled up hospitals but also bc virtually every state started loving with the numbers last fall

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, realistically speaking I don't think we'll have a good, agreed dumber for a few years after this is "over". Something taking into account excessive death counts prior to covid showing up in force and things like that.

Even that is gonna be tough; for example, lockdowns probably reduced workplace-related deaths and commute accidents, and I've read that we also had a drop in athsma-related deaths due to cleaner air for about a year there, too. In the places where mask mandates were actually effective, that probably also reduced deaths from e.g. the flu.

So you can't just take a straight comparison of typical death rates vs. covid death rates and extrapolate a covid death rate. But you can probably use those numbers as something of a check to help refine the data.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm just glad it's all behind us now. I certainly had my doubts about the Biden administration, but you gotta hand it to him, once he got into office they ended Covid much faster than anyone could've predicted.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

Yeah if Manchin loses, he's losing to a Trump Republican who will be even worse than him. The senate sucks!

There's always one way to fix this...

(the movies are streaming on watchw.me right now and that scene just showed up)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

*In Sam Elliot voice* Sometimes the senate assassinates you, and sometimes sometimes you assassinate the senate. Hell, sometimes you are the senate.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pretty wild that Dagobah (population: 1) gets two senators and District of Coruscant (population: 125 billion) doesn’t get any.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Some assholes are trying to subvert the voting process by claiming they're from Alderaan.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Leperflesh posted:

Even that is gonna be tough; for example, lockdowns probably reduced workplace-related deaths and commute accidents, and I've read that we also had a drop in athsma-related deaths due to cleaner air for about a year there, too. In the places where mask mandates were actually effective, that probably also reduced deaths from e.g. the flu.

So you can't just take a straight comparison of typical death rates vs. covid death rates and extrapolate a covid death rate. But you can probably use those numbers as something of a check to help refine the data.

Yep, that's what I meant to imply, you just worded it better. I legit think there will be PhD dissertations and so on analyzing all that poo poo. Even then, the final count will be one hell of a range.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Some good news.

https://twitter.com/rarecandyio/status/1521548615579226114?s=20&t=baI_OZC3cOzOfJanmg86zQ

ape users can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not once I argue Roe vs Multiple Slurp Juices on a Single Ape NFT before the Supreme Court.

E: I decided to google whatever the gently caress that means and it's literally all just memeing it.

As far as I can tell the slurp juice deletes the existing "space ape" nft from your collection and creates a new one (maybe with graphics or something I guess??) and that the post is saying you can do it to get different copies of the same ape???

am I smelling toast????

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 4, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

E: I decided to google whatever the gently caress that means and it's literally all just memeing it.

As far as I can tell the slurp juice deletes the existing "space ape" nft from your collection and creates a new one (maybe with graphics or something I guess??) and that the post is saying you can do it to get different copies of the same ape???

am I smelling toast????

I don’t understand it and I don’t want to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

Pretty wild that Dagobah (population: 1) gets two senators and District of Coruscant (population: 125 billion) doesn’t get any.

There's definitely a point where you could just not post, instead of being intentionally inflammatory to people who genuinely care about their own safety or the safety of people they care about. And it was a bit ago.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Guze posted:

Some good news.

https://twitter.com/rarecandyio/status/1521548615579226114?s=20&t=baI_OZC3cOzOfJanmg86zQ

ape users can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape

lament.cfg posted:

They did slurpery on an ape

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blue checks are teasing something big involving cawthorn dropping later tonight so his assassination continues.

https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/1521985607731499012?s=21&t=Zb6FJ4iDgP9wUOJqNcXjCg

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Leperflesh posted:

This is Northern Ireland, the deeply protestant sub-nation of the UK with more progressive women's rights than America; but a Sinn Fein victory signals a potential move toward reunification, an idea that has been at the center of a frequently bloody conflict you're probably aware of. We can safely presume that a unified Republic of Ireland would continue to have more progressive women's rights than America.

And their victory, if they get it, is almost definitely caused by Brexit and the wholesale fuckup of the open border and trade issues it created for Northern Ireland. It would be deeply, deeply ironic if the conservative anti-immigrant xenophobic streak in Britain that led to Brexit, was the thing that led to a northern ireland exit and reunification, finally.

So you don't keep using it incorrectly: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

One of my clients is a day trader dude and does this stuff. He showed up in a 1994 mint Dodge Viper he paid $65,000 for and said “always wanted one when i was young. Never dreamt I’d be able to buy one because i sold a digital photo of a pigeon” and assumed he meant NFTs