Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Splint Chesthair posted:

“They’re GRRRRRRR-Oh god what the hell are you doing?”

I've been wanting a toy version of this Tony the Tiger https://youtu.be/fd9CIQqvy2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

I’ve decided against the blue Winter Soldier shield.

This is the weather pattern I’m considering if I don’t go for a new clean look.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Get a clean one. You can scuff it up yourself bashing racists in Target while you fight your way to a hard-to-find GI Joe

gregday
May 23, 2003

thiccabod posted:

Get a clean one. You can scuff it up yourself bashing racists in Target while you fight your way to a hard-to-find GI Joe

That’s how I’m leaning. Start clean and ramp up the wear myself.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Needs to have more bullet/impact spots. He gets shot at a LOT after all. Besides, I always loved the lil slashes. Reference:

First one is a stunt shield from the first avenger, second is art I found online.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I have the metal and plastic shields from Hasbro and they’re all quite nice. The metal one is obviously the nicest of the bunch. Not sure how much it goes for nowadays.

This one: https://youtu.be/A3JvDFoX1WQ

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 4, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1521857004737863685?s=21&t=tWFR0IakD8Hx_EqcJgZ7_w

I’ve got three Figrin D’ans preordered on Amazon and I’ll grab three of these tomorrow on Pulse and then I’ll claim my Absolute Lunatic title as I swap parts around and make a diorama for the entire cantina band.

It’s only money :shepface:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

I have the metal and plastic shields from Hasbro and they’re all quite nice. The metal one is obviously the nicest of the bunch. Not sure how much it goes for nowadays.

This one: https://youtu.be/A3JvDFoX1WQ

I got the metal one and promptly returned it. The paint job was atrocious. (The shield itself felt nice, though.)

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Just make your own shield

Stolen from the PYF Funny pictures

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

I got the metal one and promptly returned it. The paint job was atrocious. (The shield itself felt nice, though.)

You must’ve gotten a bad one, the paint on mine is great. That sucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

You must’ve gotten a bad one, the paint on mine is great. That sucks.
I guess. The corners of the stars were rounded from overspray, and I want to say some of the red was bleeding, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They are known for terrible QC on those.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
This is not a terribly exciting figure to me but a Monsterarts Monster X was announced: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204406

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Shiroc posted:

This is not a terribly exciting figure to me but a Monsterarts Monster X was announced: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204406

I would pay that price if it actually transformed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the best Godzilla film.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The UN chief suddenly returning in the climax and explaining it with “I managed to escape somehow!” is an absolute top tier line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I absolutely adore that film. The guys guarding frozen Godzilla were a standout favorite part.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Final Wars is my top one of the "dumb" side of Godzilla. Every scene is a wonder because absolutely anything can happen moment to moment.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Shiroc posted:

Final Wars is my top one of the "dumb" side of Godzilla. Every scene is a wonder because absolutely anything can happen moment to moment.

I love Final Wars so much. It is the Godzilla movie that you can put on for people who aren't into Kaiju movies and they will love watching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen it so many times. I just love it so much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I haven’t seen Final Wars for at least five or six years and I don’t even remember that particular monster, but I still feel like I’m riding that insane high of watching it for the first time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's the monster that turns into King G

It's probably my least liked Godzilla movie just cause I can't vibe with the insanity of it all and it has that reek of 2000's plastic mess to it but the kaiju action is insanely fun. And seeing some of our faves get modern updates is fun.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I first watched it before I was into Godzilla because I heard that the guy who made Versus had made a Godzilla movie. Final Wars makes a lot of sense when you know that the guy who made it got a chance to direct a Godzilla movie because he made a movie for 50 bucks about guys in the woods having kung fu battles with superpowered zombies and it was a surprise hit

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Final Wars is great, but the only thing holding it back for me is my least-favorite Godzilla design. He's too squinty! And the kitty-cat ears, ugh. I know that's a dumb nitpick, but it bugs me.

Otherwise, tons of fun. Don Frye, the two buff Zen guys watching Godzilla, the dumb Matrix motorcycle fight, Monster X, Sum 41...movie has it all!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Gripweed posted:

I first watched it before I was into Godzilla because I heard that the guy who made Versus had made a Godzilla movie. Final Wars makes a lot of sense when you know that the guy who made it got a chance to direct a Godzilla movie because he made a movie for 50 bucks about guys in the woods having kung fu battles with superpowered zombies and it was a surprise hit

Holy poo poo I didn’t know that. I watched Versus a few months ago in the throes of an extremely potent edible and it owned. The connection seems obvious in hindsight.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I've learned that the Ginyu force are getting Figuarts releases, and Dodoria got a release now?!

I stopped buying new ones after Shenron and Nappa came out of I recall. I didn't need more Goku's.

They brought me back in with the Android 21 w/lab coat preorder and now I'm considering buying up everything Namek saga. :sigh:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1521857004737863685?s=21&t=tWFR0IakD8Hx_EqcJgZ7_w

I’ve got three Figrin D’ans preordered on Amazon and I’ll grab three of these tomorrow on Pulse and then I’ll claim my Absolute Lunatic title as I swap parts around and make a diorama for the entire cantina band.

It’s only money :shepface:

Amazingly the deluxe band member is already showing in stores.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Animated Jubilee arrived today. The packageing is great. Can't wait to have the whole set.

Jane Foster for scale

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lots of finishing to do but the print is complete and holy poo poo

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I got Kefla on monday, been looking forward to her for a while. In addition to being the first female super saiyan(s) she is key to my favorite scene in all of Dragonball which people call the Tony Hawk Kamehameha. I won't spoil it but I am sure a few folks here know what I am talking about. Anyways she came with energy effects to reenact that and few other fun options too:

Up next, Krillin and Freeza!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
going through the Knock-Off Collector page I linked earlier reminded me just how many cool and ridiculous KO/Bootlegs are out there, too many to post here, so I'm going to borrow from one of his posts and share what he considered the 10 best skull/skeleton related KO figures(since we all know Skeletor is the best part of MOTU);

Dethlor from Speclatron

Jewel Thief and Skullman from Remco's Conan and Warrior Beasts lines respectively

Crossbones & Ribs from Remco's Pirates of The Galaxseas

Skull Force

Underworld Warriors

Nightmare Warriors

Herr Bones from Flexatron

Reaper from Ninja Assassin

Iron Jaw from Cosmic Cowboys

Satana from Combo/Combo Hero/Wrestler

Dethlor, Satana, Iron Jaw, and all the Remco guys would be exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see MOTU Origins do if they were to continue to add in more non MOTU lines besides Sun Man in the future

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

drrockso20 posted:

Jewel Thief and Skullman from Remco's Conan and Warrior Beasts lines respectively

Crossbones & Ribs from Remco's Pirates of The Galaxseas

Skull Force

I’ve never been into He-Man, but I would kinda love to have these just to make silicone moulds of them for stuff.

The prices are nuts though, does anyone make bootlegs of these bootlegs?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve never been into He-Man, but I would kinda love to have these just to make silicone moulds of them for stuff.

The prices are nuts though, does anyone make bootlegs of these bootlegs?

The answer is yes but said bootlegs of bootlegs tend to be either even cheaper and crappier in quality than the originals, or hard to find artisan products made in very small production runs, both often for pretty absurd prices too

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got a second sofubi Unicorno to go with my other one

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I've learned that the Ginyu force are getting Figuarts releases, and Dodoria got a release now?!

I stopped buying new ones after Shenron and Nappa came out of I recall. I didn't need more Goku's.

They brought me back in with the Android 21 w/lab coat preorder and now I'm considering buying up everything Namek saga. :sigh:

They’re not getting them. They got releases. Months ago. Hope you’re ready to pay secondary market prices on them. :-/

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have played around with that New Eternia "viking" He-Man figure a little, the first Masterverse figure I have messed with, and it's good but not great. He came with a lot of frozen joints that took a lot of work to break out, and the double-joint articulation is ugly and not that functional; it bothers me that his arms can't straighten all the way. The way his loincloth is flared forward it doesn't really look right unless he's in a crouch. I know the crouch is kind of the classic He-Man pose but if they're going to do a buttload of articulation it would be better if that translated to more display options. The helmeted head has the eyes and eyebrows painted slightly off to one side and it looks pretty bad.

These are nitpicks, and I don't hate it. I know there have been some gripes about Masterverse figures having too skinny a build, and I'm not seeing that here. He definitely looks beefy. The sculpt is cool and the paint is mostly clean. Nice accessories. I'm sticking with the classic He-Man look sans helmet and pauldrons for now, but I like that he has these options for a different look, even if the helmet head is painted slightly wrong. His regular head looks perfect.

I don't know how widespread the QC issues with the helmeted face might be; they only had one of this guy at the store I found him at, and none of the other figures from the wave. Hoping to find the Skeletor to match soon.

I was more excited about the anniversary He-Man until I saw images with that terrible dark wash on the body. If I happen to find one that looks reasonably clean I might pick it up, or maybe I'll try to remove the wash with some kind of solvent? Anyway I haven't seen that guy in the wild yet, just a lot of really disappointing online images.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
drat UPS delayed my sixth scale R2 to today.

I did get a new Star Wars friend yesterday tho:

It is far and away the best 1/12 Luke figure out there. The likeness is even better in person and he articulates so smoothly. I wish the wire on his cape weren’t so rigid, as it looks bad for more neutral posing. But I already had a great custom cape, so no biggy. Can’t recommend this guy highly enough.

Also was lucky enough to get through the ShopDisney site and grab these:

Ahsoka’s white sabers from Rebels and Mandalorian. They were released once before, but retired. Now they were re-released in special packaging limited to 6000 worldwide. The box is fancy and plays The Force Theme, but I just wanted the sabers. Will go well with my RotJ Luke saber and my custom Galaxy’s Edge one.

I *never* get lucky on sales like these, and they’re already going for like $900 on eBay. Even crazier, they went up and shipped on the same day!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 5, 2022

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Animated Jubilee arrived today. The packageing is great. Can't wait to have the whole set.

Jane Foster for scale

Where'd you order from? I just checked my Pulse order and it's not shipping until mid July.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Diddler posted:

Where'd you order from? I just checked my Pulse order and it's not shipping until mid July.

ShopDisney. Looks like it’s still in stock.

I initiated a return on mine, she was missing the skin paint apps on her arm. Disney is sending me a new one and asked politely that I donate the one I have. I like that kind of customer service.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Also was lucky enough to get through the ShopDisney site and grab these:

Ahsoka’s white sabers from Rebels and Mandalorian. They were released once before, but retired. Now they were re-released in special packaging limited to 6000 worldwide. The box is fancy and plays The Force Theme, but I just wanted the sabers. Will go well with my RotJ Luke saber and my custom Galaxy’s Edge one.

I *never* get lucky on sales like these, and they’re already going for like $900 on eBay. Even crazier, they went up and shipped on the same day!

I just got a tracking number for this too.

I was sure I was going to get it canceled by Disney because my order only went in at like 10:21 after spamming add to cart on the sold out page. Then when I did get it in my cart, I got booted back into the queue.