Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

crispix posted:

what is keith meant to be good at :/

Drinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

brave move to show how anti-racist you are by doing a bunch of ironic racisms

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Are people in other countries wearing masks still?

In Dublin, yes on public transport and somewhat in supermarkets

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Please enjoy, some photographs from my drive home from work, and also my declaration of hostilities against devon and cornwall.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Please enjoy, some photographs from my drive home from work, and also my declaration of hostilities against devon and cornwall.

That scone looks angry.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Was expecting jam and cream on a pasty.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That scone looks angry.

It is date because they didn't have any sultanas left, also yes the jam does look a bit distressing but it is very nice!

Also that is clotted cream not butter, couldn't be arsed doing both halves so I just did half each and made a sconewich.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/04/piers-morgans-ratings-dive-for-uncensored-amid-talktv-viewer-dip-16588205/?ito=socialmetrouktwitter

quote:

On the launch night of TalkTV, The News Desk, hosted by Tom Newton Dunn from 7pm to 8pm, is said to have accumulated around 54,000 viewers.

However, just a week later, this figure had fallen to 3,600, with The Guardian claiming that on Tuesday evening, the programme failed to register a single viewer for half of its broadcast.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Casetteboy did a new thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_k9JG0IN4

It's loving awesome.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They are absolutely ramming the bus stations round here with his horrible mug, so it's not for lack of trying.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61321530

quote:

Russia has been banned from using British management consulting, accounting and PR services in new sanctions announced by the UK.

Ms Truss said the ban will "help ensure Putin fails in Ukraine".

Pointless move for good Tory PR.
Like how can you PR a loving invasion, and especially from a company in the enemy territory.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Like how can you PR a loving invasion, and especially from a company in the enemy territory.

A law written purely to gently caress over Tony Blair's War criminal PR firm.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
We are truly in the most hosed up reality https://inews.co.uk/opinion/boris-johnson-could-replace-rishi-sunak-with-liz-truss-in-reshuffle-after-local-elections-1610163

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

happyhippy posted:

quote:

And - if you look at the small print - these latest sanctions do not apply to the whole of the UK service sector.
There is no mention of the lawyers and the estate agents and the rest which have, in the past, helped smooth the path of Russian money and influence into the UK.

The PR firms that do the damage will be unaffected because they’re five people who barely have names but have huge address books, who are only partners but never employees, whose entire financial existence is offshored, who dine with the Borises and the Rishis and the Camerons and the Mandelsons and the Campbells and the Chopes (when they want something stopped) and the Osbornes and the Murdochs and you don’t know—none of us know their names. They hardly exist. They’re a name in a Saville Row’s tailor’s book. They’re a parking fine paid by someone else. They’re forever renters who pay no rent.

Old boss of mine was a designer, part of Bell Pottinger before it died, entirely because he needed a job at the time they were hiring. The stories he tells (and the ones he refuses to tell) make it clear that the corruption we see is merely that which we’re intentionally allowed to see.

e: Those PR firms make sure that you get articles saying things like ‘well, we need to move to a place of dialogue, of listening to Putin’s grievances, of thinking of the most pragmatic route forward to end it, and that must include considering potential legitimacy of territorial claims made by him.’

That stuff doesn’t come out a vacuum. That is bought and paid for.

Jeherrin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 4, 2022

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

happyhippy posted:

Like how can you PR a loving invasion

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Like how can you PR a loving invasion
The Guardian published an article a few days ago arguing against helping that was written by a person that The Guardian uncovered 16 years ago was a paid PR man for smoothing over Putin's human rights abuses and then probably forgot about. That's one way.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just put out a blanket ban on PR and advertising imo. Let's all go back to the days of shouting our own nonsense at people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol, putting ol' dog brain in charge of the public purse

given she's somehow been the most competent in the shower of bastards given Nazanin S-R's release it's astounding how low the bar is

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1521958064773025792?t=Z9SVWc5SSNYUAybTNn-0lQ&s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
maybe london should be separate

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
+30 green seats seems wildly optimistic although I suppose it's the locals where you only need about 11 votes to win

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

you'd need 1800votes to overturn my one

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you'd need 1800votes to overturn my one

I didn't know your vote was worth that much

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

perhaps now you'll afford me the respect I deserve

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Quietly relieved that there are no elections tomorrow where I live, but unfortunately this means the main topic of conversation at work is the impending US ban on abortion.

Depressing times.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Like how much is that a thing here? Like isn't it everyone just lamenting how crazy those colonials are?

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

OwlFancier posted:

First two shots are ace, the third is certainly different. Also I've had three pints watching the champs league and now I want a scone.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/spinningjoe/status/1521915791561695235

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Like how much is that a thing here? Like isn't it everyone just lamenting how crazy those colonials are?

Yes, but remember that a lot of the UK TERF groups have been funded by American evangelicals who aren't going to be content with only taking away rights for trans people. If you decide that the definition of a woman depends on her ovaries, then it's a hop, skip and a jump away from deciding that a woman's worth depends on her ovaries.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Lady Demelza posted:

Yes, but remember that a lot of the UK TERF groups have been funded by American evangelicals who aren't going to be content with only taking away rights for trans people. If you decide that the definition of a woman depends on her ovaries, then it's a hop, skip and a jump away from deciding that a woman's worth depends on her ovaries.

also some women don’t deserve ovaries

clip clip

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reproductive organs in general are more something I would design as a punishment for people I didn't like.

1. make babby accidentaly
2. hurt
3. kill you maybe
4. blood

honestly seems very much like a thing only bad people deserve.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Reproductive organs in general are more something I would design as a punishment for people I didn't like.

1. make babby accidentaly
2. hurt
3. kill you maybe
4. blood

honestly seems very much like a thing only bad people deserve.

I want to know what sick gently caress decided to make testicles intensely sensitive and put them in a vulnerable spot outside your body.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean the other popular option doesn't seem much better tbh, at least testicles are low maintenence and don't scream at you every month. Much human biology makes more sense if you believe in the existence of a spiteful creator.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im totally cool with my balls

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/keejayov3/status/1521984566839365632

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Just do without testicles IMO, elephants seem to manage alright

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dont think this is incredible? I think this is basically everyone?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i dont think this is incredible? I think this is basically everyone?

He said Keith

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That's basically everyone too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

They are absolutely ramming the bus stations round here with his horrible mug, so it's not for lack of trying.

It's going to be just like CNN+ in the USA, which crashed and burned within weeks of launch: nobody's going to pay to listen to dumb, lovely opinions while there's so many places giving them away for free already.