Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

😬😬😬

I appreciate the link, tho I’m not hurting for graphix atm, now that my pc can, despite everything, run elden ring (latest game from the dark souls devs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am probably just going to wait for the 4000 series from Nvidia.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I may never build a PC again

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

hatty posted:

I may never build a PC again

The price range that was previously held by entry-level PCs has become crowded by the exceptional price/performance ratio of the Series X and PS5. I don't fault anyone for bowing out of the PC space right now.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gamers, back when the 3ds thread was young and there was a brief fad about changing your back plate, people used to complain about stripping the screws and i made fun of them. it's just a screw, be careful and steady, i said. now I'm trying to change my 3ds battery and am getting thoroughly owned by myself

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
COMPLAINING ONLINE WORKS AGAIN

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6grvfQyIRw

Am I going crazy or is this just Hollow Knight?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It looks French

drat I was off by a Savoy

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 5, 2022

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

entirely original creation, Holly Knute

if you're gonna steal, steal from the best

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It even does newgrounds aesthetics better than hk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

gamers, back when the 3ds thread was young and there was a brief fad about changing your back plate, people used to complain about stripping the screws and i made fun of them. it's just a screw, be careful and steady, i said. now I'm trying to change my 3ds battery and am getting thoroughly owned by myself

I will not judge. Time makes fools of us all, gamers are no exception to this rule

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

calarts style

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm not against a blatant clone, but the art ain't doing it for me. A huge part of what made Hollow Knight memorable was its gorgeous style that made good use of 2D lighting, minute background details, and postprocessing effects to create something that felt holistic. That trailer's got a mishmash of different styles and aesthetics that's more reminiscent of, like, Getting Over It, something not helped by all the muted, flat lighting everywhere.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's like that blatant Cuphead clone that tries to emulate the rubberhose art style, but the animation is all tweened rigs so it looks like poo poo

I wanted to find the latest update video they had put out but yeah turns out that it had some REAL RACIST poo poo in it so they took it down

https://twitter.com/PlayEnchanted/status/1518158649763540992?s=20&t=VLgFWN6PAZgpTI6K8Z4OZw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It's like that blatant Cuphead clone that tries to emulate the rubberhose art style, but the animation is all tweened rigs so it looks like poo poo

I wanted to find the latest update video they had put out but yeah turns out that it had some REAL RACIST poo poo in it so they took it down

https://twitter.com/PlayEnchanted/status/1518158649763540992?s=20&t=VLgFWN6PAZgpTI6K8Z4OZw

heinous old timey racist poo poo is, you must admit, some real dedication to the authentic rubberhose style

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Khanstant, you should come visit Bravil

i've been there and imo this dude is burning cloacas more than bravil

p.s. is that the place where the vampires are hidden near or some death cult or something shady?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

p.s. is that the place where the vampires are hidden near or some death cult or something shady?

Cheydinhal has an orc who calls you High-Tom-Titty

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
well, who's in charge here? go ahead and change the thread title

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do that and everything's Mr. Tinker

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tolomeo_R/status/1521853949980155905

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've become the kind of boring-rear end person who spends his free time doing productive projects instead of play video games so I don't have much gaming to post about

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My current game is illusion of gaia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1521890155552034818?s=20&t=MHULZFM0vwaw2t16c5UbBg

:sickos:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They're gonna have a hard time arguing their second point that the deal wasn't the best Activision could secure but hopefully they can nail Kotick instead of whatever the state of California decided it was doing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the general consensus of Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard? Will this actually be a good thing for the employees? In this capitalist hellscape I can never be sure. If someone told me that no actually, this will just make their lives worse, I would just believe it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Been a slow day for video games chat

I played a video game today, called elden ringring)

Never heard of it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm finally biting the bullet and just buying the Sims 3 DLC I don't have, I've been waiting for this poo poo to hit $5 for half a decade at this point, gently caress it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

What is the general consensus of Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard? Will this actually be a good thing for the employees? In this capitalist hellscape I can never be sure. If someone told me that no actually, this will just make their lives worse, I would just believe it.

It's a "Good Thing" in the sense that it has potential to change ActiBlizz for the better, but that's not saying much as anything would be better than the current board of directors in charge.

Most of their head creative leads have jumped ship or moved on to different projects, they're doing a lot of PR nonsense to appear Hip And With It And Culturally Inclusive in a lot of their latest releases.
Really wish their dev teams would unionise already.

Bobby Kotick should be shoved in a blender, but we all know nothing ever happens to rich people.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think that most are just hoping/assuming bobby will get kicked out with his golden parachute. i'm most curious how the unionization efforts will shake out in the end, that's gonna do more for workers than any swapping of ownership.

i wonder when the point comes that blizzard is gone and there's just something with former blizzard IPs (again, again). most of the people and things that seemed to define blizzard over the years turned out to be monstrous people and enabling horrific things that need to be removed, cauterized, and not repeated. even before all that came out, folks had been falling off, retiring, abandoning ship, making their own thing, etc.

i think the most optimistic perspective i take is that it's pretty unusual for a company's behind-the-scenes to be so bad that not only do even the average gamer know it's unequivocally rotten, but even a general public perception stink to it. the bar is so low, that maybe just any not-actiblizzkotick corporation's baseline policies measure up to a magnitude more equitable and safe working environment?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

It will <mumbles>

No but seriously we don't really know. If you were asking me I'd say to fix the problems bare minimum 1) you need upper management and mid management blown out of a cannon at activision 2) a completely different business model for the company or ok with lower profits 3) actual workplace reforms and attitude changes in the US so uh, measure how likely you think those are

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

It will <mumbles>

No but seriously we don't really know. If you were asking me I'd say to fix the problems bare minimum 1) you need upper management and mid management blown out of a cannon at activision 2) a completely different business model for the company or ok with lower profits 3) actual workplace reforms and attitude changes in the US so uh, measure how likely you think those are

Blizzards latest game announcement is a Warcraft pet battle mobile game, so things over there sounds pretty loving dire and have gotten worse. On the other hand, I know someone personally who is on the World of Warcraft classic team, and they really love their work there.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Interestingly the Warcraft mobile game is headed by former long time WoW director Tom Chilton.

Which is... an interesting side step for him to take.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is a pretty serious demotion. I want to know just how badly he hosed up to be sent in a downward spiral like that? The yearly review before this happened, had to have been pretty brutal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

That is a pretty serious demotion. I want to know just how badly he hosed up to be sent in a downward spiral like that? The yearly review before this happened, had to have been pretty brutal.

He actually left WoW on an expansion high, Legion, which was odd to see him move into mobile.

Then his protege, Ion Hazzikostas, took over and it's been a shitfest for 2 expansions.
Dragonflight looks tentatively very good on paper, but Ion ruins everything with systems upon systems... so we'll see.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm probably missing an edition of Skyrim or something, plus some of these don't even work on Steam.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
LVG knows how much work is dragging me down right now, so she surprised me with a gift yesterday: A Lego Back to the Future Delorean. :3:

I spent about an hour putting it together before bed and so far have done about 30% of it. Looking forward to getting home from work and resuming!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's a Lemmings mobile game now (for that poor lone soul who was hoping for more Lemmings)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope that work gets better for you VG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I hope that work gets better for you VG!

Thank you! :) It has been pretty rough ever since the start of the pandemic in 2020 and slowly declining but luckily I have wonderful things to get me through! (LVG, lego deloreans, video game streaming, FFIX)