Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Reckless fireweaver maybe one to add just to ping for some damage.

As for helping your combo, quicksmith genius allows you to loot every time an artifact etb under your control.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Reckless fireweaver maybe one to add just to ping for some damage.

As for helping your combo, quicksmith genius allows you to loot every time an artifact etb under your control.

Reckless Fireweaver is a nice idea, and I guess Quicksmith Genius works if you have the mana available for Venser.

Alright, I'm convinced. So who's the general for this dumbfuck deck? Blue and red are mandatory. Presumably include green for 2nd March, Titania's Song. White for enchantment tutoring? Omnath, Locus of Creation maybe?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I personally WOULD NOT have purchased any of these precons but my buddy bought me one the Jund one and I’m gonna make a Beamtown Bullies pile because it solves my problem with giving other people resources: You can’t use them against me! Got some fun ideas from this most recent Game Knights like Boldwyr Heavyweights or Bane of Progress, but what are YOUR favorite big creatures that effect the board in a positive way for me even if I don’t control them and they ETB for someone else?

JackDarko posted:

Thanks for the feedback y’all. I was attempting to get started with the Ziatora deck and frankly got overwhelmed. It has been fun though. Been mostly watching the Professors videos and Commander Mechanic to self teach.

Jinnie Fays concept does seem easier for me to wrap my head around.

If you come up with a base list and mull over a budget we can tune to your hearts desire, but IN GENERAL, start with about 35-36 lands, 10-12 sources of mana ramp or acceleration, 10 or so cards that draw you cards, and 10 or so pieces of removal. As a go-wide tokens deck there a handful of sweepers you can play that might not hit your own board but in general you won’t care as much about cleaning up the board, just killing big primary targets.

In general, your deck will have more fun and be stronger if you try to focus on cards that make creature tokens while also doing other stuff, like Ramp or Card draw, and you can also focus on playing cat/dog lords and support cards, like Rin & Siri.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bust Rodd posted:

I personally WOULD NOT have purchased any of these precons but my buddy bought me one the Jund one and I’m gonna make a Beamtown Bullies pile because it solves my problem with giving other people resources: You can’t use them against me! Got some fun ideas from this most recent Game Knights like Boldwyr Heavyweights or Bane of Progress, but what are YOUR favorite big creatures that effect the board in a positive way for me even if I don’t control them and they ETB for someone else?

Do they have to only benefit you? The Hunted cycle will make poo poo for you, but also for two other opponents. You can reanimate a Blightsteel with the trigger on the stack. Oh, and Inverter of Truth/Leveler.

E:

Pathrazer of Ulamog has Annihilator 3 and could get through for 9 damage to the dome (on someone else).

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 5, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I thought about the hunted cycle but giving everyone blockers seems like a bad call

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Goblin Firebug is bad for whoever gets it. Not sure if the effect is too small, though.

E:

Lmao, Eater of Days

Hellcarver Demon

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 5, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao Eater of Days is mean Jesus Christ, it’s like my deck is so bad that it’s ruining everyone else’s fun…

Ok I think we have a lane, lmao

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Despotic Scepter so you can reuse the creatures you give out!

E:

Trying to write out a list myself now. How the gently caress does this pile win after you've made everyone else sad?

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 5, 2022

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Batterypowered7 posted:

E:

Trying to write out a list myself now. How the gently caress does this pile win after you've made everyone else sad?

I think people are using Bronze Bombshell + Thornbite Staff

Batterypowered7 posted:

Do they have to only benefit you? The Hunted cycle will make poo poo for you, but also for two other opponents. You can reanimate a Blightsteel with the trigger on the stack. Oh, and Inverter of Truth/Leveler.

Blightsteel is a replacement effect, unfortunately, so that will not work.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Danger Diabolik posted:

Blightsteel is a replacement effect, unfortunately, so that will not work.

Misremembered Blightsteel's card text. Thought it was a "when put into a GY from anywhere, shuffle", not what it actually is.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Batterypowered7 posted:

E:

well, I mean, if the deck is actually working then everyone else is getting beaten to death by a bunch of 7 power creatures.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

In addition to despotic scepter I've seen Royal assassin of all things so you can sent cards to the gy and reuse.

Also tempting wurm, leveller, eater of days, hellcarver demon, ebonblade reaper.

Cards to search and put into the gy like buried alive and entomb and red card draw with draw and discard effects like faithless looting.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Dysgenesis posted:

In addition to despotic scepter I've seen Royal assassin of all things so you can sent cards to the gy and reuse.

Also tempting wurm, leveller, eater of days, hellcarver demon, ebonblade reaper.

Cards to search and put into the gy like buried alive and entomb and red card draw with draw and discard effects like faithless looting.

I saw Avatar of Woe in a list in addition to Royal Assassin.

Mulch, Grisly Salvage, and Life from the Loam seem like good ways to fill up your graveyard.

E:

Nalaar Hug (Cathartic Reunion)

E2:

You mentioned Bane of Progress. Does that mean you'll wanna run the suite of Rampant Growth effects and some mana dorks like Ignoble Hierarc, Birds of Paradise, etc, effects over mana rocks?

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 5, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I pretty much never use mana rocks in green decks, there’s like 5+ playable 2 drop ramp spells I’d use before jamming talismans, etc

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Ah, Beamtown Bullies explains why my eater of day's went from a $1 card to $6 and change.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Balefire Dragon and Steel Hellkite seem like fun cards to loan to your opponents!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mtglgbt/status/1522229740563746817?s=21&t=bi3lHJZsRY26BR_rHMNEbQ

Gay secret lair isn’t shipping to Brazil despite Brazil not having anti-gay laws, wtf

Also this

https://twitter.com/chistylegaming/status/1522015820095893504?s=21&t=bi3lHJZsRY26BR_rHMNEbQ

is blocked in Brazil, by WotC.

This is the kind of poo poo where I’m like “the gay secret lair is a tactical cynicism nuke and I’d be better served buying the gay singles I want from gay people I like instead of giving WotC the money so they can continue to discriminate behind closed doors when it suits them financially.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 5, 2022

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I built a fun/casual Kenrith Turbo Fog deck disguised as group hug and boy did it make two friends in a playgroup of 5 really mad. Oh well, it was fun and cool and that's my story. Not sure if there are any things I could do to optimize make it better (or worse if needed)

1 Kenrith
38 Lands

Creatures

Kami of False Hope
Spore Frog
Selfless Squire
Spike Weaver
Ith, High Arcanist
Angel of the Dire Hour
Murmuring Mystic

Artifacts

Font of Mythos
Elixir of Immortality
Howling Mine
Thaumatic Compass
Norn's Annex

Enchantments

Search the Premises
Hissing Misama
Blood Reckoning
Fevered Visions
Rites of Flourishing
Ghostly Prison
Propaganda
Marchesa's Decree
Dictate of Kruphix (fixed)
Court of Grace

Instant/Sorceries

26 actual fog cards in B/W/G
Kinda Fog Cards: Evacuation/Illusionist Gambit/Aetherize/Aetherspouts/Settle the Wreckage
Ramp: Hour of Promise/K-Reach/Tempt with Discovery/Cultivate/Circ Route/Explo Vege
Sphinx's Rev
Approach of the Second Sun
1 PW - Saheeli, Sublime Artificer

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 5, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Surely you mean Dictate of Kruphix, because otherwise your friends would be justifiably mad at you playing an extremely banned card

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Bust Rodd posted:

Surely you mean Dictate of Kruphix, because otherwise your friends would be justifiably mad at you playing an extremely banned card

Yes, that's correct!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Batterypowered7 posted:

Link your blood-centric list. Isn't that an upgrade of the precon?

Would love to see this, since I did end up picking up the vampire deck.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Count Thrashula posted:

Found it: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/OCDm-4B2tEigsTXYIy0_9A

@Bust

Do you think people would pay for Mana-Charged Dragon's fire breathing if you donated it using Beamtown Bullies? lol

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I had a turbo fog deck, once.

It was Chulane, and it had all the tech that triggers mill on card draw and landfall (ruin crab, psychic corrosion, etc) while pulling out cheap cards like false hope Kami and spore frog to survive the inevitable hate during the spaces between my massive Chulane turns. It also had a little room for some flickering tech to spam Recruiter of the Guard or Ranger of Eos. Because of that flicker theme, Stonehorn Dignitary made an appearance, and denying people their next combat during my turn did become relevant.

No regrets.

I'm sure its old news but Recruiter of the Guard can find Soulherder, so why not always find Soulherder with it, then cast Soulherder, and then go find what you wanted to find?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 5, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bust Rodd posted:

Gay secret lair isn’t shipping to Brazil despite Brazil not having anti-gay laws, wtf

Honest question: have previous Secret Lairs been delivered to Brazil? In my limited experience, it tends to come up amongst countries where things aren't shipped to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Magnetic North posted:

Honest question: have previous Secret Lairs been delivered to Brazil? In my limited experience, it tends to come up amongst countries where things aren't shipped to.

The issue is specifically that WotC specifically announced that Secret Lairs would be available in Brazil from now on, and others are, but not this one, for no reason that anyone can see.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Link your blood-centric list. Isn't that an upgrade of the precon?

Count Thrashula posted:

Yikes this was almost 6 months out of date! All cleaned up and up to date now!

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/OCDm-4B2tEigsTXYIy0_9A

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Not done, but here's my take so far on the bullies: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/mCho-qeVs0qG5ds_KLYNtw

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So my Garth deck is a legendary tribal deck, but should I change the commander from Garth to Najeela and maybe work a deck that abuses Garth a bit more? otherwise i just kinda want to make a magda deck or something neat like Light-Paws where the budget is like $300.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

Not done, but here's my take so far on the bullies: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/mCho-qeVs0qG5ds_KLYNtw

This could be such an infuriating deck to play against, I kind of really love it.

Could be a really cool way to play a traditional reanimator deck and a untraditional one at the same time.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 6, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Yeah, I can't imagine what type of table you spring this deck on, really. I feel like it'd make people as salty as seeing Tergrid.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They are literally called the Beamtown Bullies

EDIT; Please disregard, i scared myself.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 6, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

So what's missing from the list I posted (other than lands)? Card draw? Tutors? Any good low cmc, one sided wraths we could play? Is Find//Finality too clunky? Do we play Underrealm Lich for card selection + mill?

E:

I imagine we won't have a lot of creatures on our side, but the game plan revolves around having the commander out, which is why I'm medium on wraths that affect us too.

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*

Batterypowered7 posted:

So what's missing from the list I posted (other than lands)? Card draw? Tutors? Any good low cmc, one sided wraths we could play? Is Find//Finality too clunky? Do we play Underrealm Lich for card selection + mill?

E:

I imagine we won't have a lot of creatures on our side, but the game plan revolves around having the commander out, which is why I'm medium on wraths that affect us too.
Seedborn Muse/Quest for Renewal to do it on everyone's turn

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don't understand why youd put assassins in this deck, theyre gonna just immediately use it to wack the bullies before we exile their library or whatever. It's like specifcally bad for us to give our opponent's answers to the bullies. Someone could very easily respond to the bullies ability by loving with your GY and then killing the avatar or the assassin to just get it. Just run spot removal instead, IMO

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't understand why youd put assassins in this deck, theyre gonna just immediately use it to wack the bullies before we exile their library or whatever. It's like specifcally bad for us to give our opponent's answers to the bullies. Someone could very easily respond to the bullies ability by loving with your GY and then killing the avatar or the assassin to just get it. Just run spot removal instead, IMO

You don't give them the Assassin. You cast it on your side to kill the poo poo you give them so you get to reuse it, nerdo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You activate Beamtown Bullies, I respond with Endurance, then I kill Assassin, then I kill Beamtown with my new assassin, that's what I just siad

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

What's the best way to build an Arcades deck? Was looking to build a second deck to complement my Mogis and it seems tempting because every card is like $0.25 haha

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

You activate Beamtown Bullies, I respond with Endurance, then I kill Assassin, then I kill Beamtown with my new assassin, that's what I just siad

I tried quoting you before that explanation! That's cheating!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Why would endurancing the graveyard not fizzle the Bullies ability by removing the target?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Why would endurancing the graveyard not fizzle the Bullies ability by removing the target?

Yeah you target a creature card when activating the ability so there's no way for your opponents to gotcha you into giving them something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Huh, I thought BtB only targeted the player and gave them a random creature from my GY, I didn’t realize you had to pick both targets, I suppose that would just counter the ability completely.

In any case, I’d be way happier to just hold up Assassin’s Trophy or Terminate than I would to potentially set up a magical Christmas land where I’m getting multiple turns of activating BTB and killing the same creature to reuse again.

Can you use Sundial of the Infinite the trigger? Might be worth including Homeward Path if so