Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Reik posted:

Recent developments make it sound like conqueror's haki might not actually be something you're born with.

Yeah, it turns out that when Oda called his new superpower Ambition, he was being a little more literal than some folks thought. It's about personality, not genetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
maybe it’s maybeline

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
crunch/funimation merger caused me to learn of the existence of kemono michi being animated lol

https://i.imgur.com/ryRK30Y.mp4

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

crunch/funimation merger caused me to learn of the existence of kemono michi being animated lol

It was very good, did you see Combatants will be Dispatched? I don't remember if that was only on funimation before the merger as well, but it's the same konosuba person.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
didn't even know it got an anime, the absolutely weirdest thing about this show is it'll bust out really fluid scenes for no reason. some sort of animation budget mastery

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

the worst part of Kemono Michi is there isn't more of it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
theres a scene where the wolf girl does a fist pump while they're sitting down at a table thats too fluid/dynamic to the point where its really bewildering. its like they had extra budget and pulled a scene out of a hat to put maximum attention to show off lol

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

whys this got 4.7 million views

https://youtu.be/gNn9NxZH2Vo

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Did you watch it? It's a banger.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i was pleasantly surprised when i learned the premise of that show isn't that kongming became reincarnated as a modern japanese youth. he just is the ancient chinese statesman zhuge liang. and he's now here in modern day japan

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Reik posted:

Did you watch it? It's a banger.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

this looks promising

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let's get the obvious out of the way: Love Hina sucks

According to Wikipedia he's running as a Lib Dem, and his main issue is artistic censorship and the protection of freedom of expression. I know we have one or two goons who live in Japan, so maybe somebody knows more.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of course the guy who draws children having stripping battles has a problem with censorship. or rather, censorship rightfully has a problem with him.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
a mangaka whining about censorship gives off the exact same alarms in my brain as a libertarian complaining about age of consent laws

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

every time they propose regulating content in manga/anime it's a cover for banning queer content, so it's a legit issue

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

skipmyseashells posted:

a mangaka whining about censorship gives off the exact same alarms in my brain as a libertarian complaining about age of consent laws

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Let's get the obvious out of the way: Love Hina sucks

this isn't the nukular takes thread

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

every time they propose regulating content in manga/anime it's a cover for banning queer content, so it's a legit issue

I don’t think the guy who wrote a harem manga about a 20 year college student with his 16 year old harem was thinking about LBGT censorship lmfao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/adochang/status/688560243274428416?s=20&t=UE-tRy1uCTScrPsgm40gMA

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

skipmyseashells posted:

I don’t think the guy who wrote a harem manga about a 20 year college student with his 16 year old harem was thinking about LBGT censorship lmfao

Hell you look at what he has been saying and it is very obvious he ain't talking about that

quote:

Regarding any concerns he has about freedom of expression, he said, "I am very curious about the current movement overseas to erase or remove past works. Osamu Tezuka's manga had quite a few discriminatory expressions, but it's standard in Japan to leave an explanatory note about that while preserving the work as it was in the past. As works that feature discriminatory expressions undergo more and more regulation, it may become impossible to see those old works. However, when it comes to the works that will be created in the present and future, I see absolutely no problem in creators such as myself individually applying our own discretion and consideration while having our freedom of expression protected. I hope that both sides can maintain a good balance."

Usual reactionary stuff that's grounded in nothing but vague accusations. Who is trying to erase Tezuka manga overseas lmao.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Basically if Ken Akamatsu were an American he'd be one of those guys who'd be yelling YOU CAN'T MAKE BLAZING SADDLES TODAY!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The solution is clear: start censoring pedo poo poo, and illegalize heterosexuality in manga.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

congrats on not being exposed to Love Hina

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/MattxRed/status/1521989523709771779?s=20&t=eszMKrDZ6Jkwy-IuGBlBbg

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

nika looks like hatchetman, there i said it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
and yet he won’t even share his meat.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

christmas boots posted:

and yet he won’t even share his meat.

That's personal property

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

The solution is clear: start censoring pedo poo poo, and illegalize heterosexuality in manga.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

only a true marxist would steal a whole bunch of gold from the native populace

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

is the love hina av guy trying to bury this thread under the mountain of 2019 necro'd threads because somebody said love hina sucks

lol if so

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

is the love hina av guy trying to bury this thread under the mountain of 2019 necro'd threads because somebody said love hina sucks

lol if so

no i just do this every once in a while. love hina isnt very good but i liked it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Persiflagist posted:

no i just do this every once in a while. love hina isnt very good but i liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixx1gWUu4g

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Love Hina is pretty realistic because whenever I try to talk to a woman I have to chase her across 3 different continents and accidently cause multiple plane crashes

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Love Hina is pretty realistic because whenever I try to talk to a woman I have to chase her across 3 different continents and accidently cause multiple plane crashes

Don't doxx yourself Mr. Ford.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Love Hina mediocre but also it had so many tsunderes so it's also good imho

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit