Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Street Pro-Wrestling World Championship ~ King of Street Wrestling ~ Semifinal April 16th
MOTYC
Chris Brookes vs Hikaru Machida
- Absolutely insane Rojo bullshit, blew every single round 1 match out of the water. And it looks even better in comparison to the other semi final match which sucked

"Let's be friends"

HM this but it's loving glorious, Chrissy B in his element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AEW Dark 5/3/22 EP 141.

Honorable Mention: Angelico vs Yuya Uemura. Just a really well put together and executed mat wrestling showcase.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Majestic ~ N-Innovation ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Ninja Mack vs Dragon Bane vs Alpha Wolf
- Jesus gently caress, flips for days. This was lacking a bit in selling but made up for it by being completely insane. If you only watch one match on this card make it this one, a ridiculous 3way match

Nth, it's great that everyone wants to fly into commentary and Ninja Mack is innovating in new ways to eat poo poo trying to do a Sasuke Special.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Lash Legend/Natalya vs Cora Jade/Nikkita Lyons, NXT Spring Breakin 5/3/22.

While this match wasn't completely terrible unlike last week's Lash vs Lyons match, it was still really loving bad and went on for way too long. Also Lash still can't sell worth a drat.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 4, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 3rd
MOTYC
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs #FreeWifi (Hikari Noa and Nao Kakuta) - Princess Tag Championships
- A little bit of slapstick, but also some great wrestling. The best match I remember Hikari having, she and Mizuki were the standouts here

HM
Suzume vs Juria Nagano
- I am utterly charmed by Nagano. This is only her second singles match (and third match overall) and she shows such great intensity in the ring. Suzume showed more agression that usual as she took on one of her juniors, it's great to see.

Moka Miyamoto and Hikaru Shida vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh)
- The draw was seeing Shida interract with both members of One to MIllion, but Moka did her job admirably as well. Shida vs Miyu when?

Shoko Nakajima (c) vs Hyper Misao - Princess of Princess Championship
- This was a very good match that differed greatly from Misao's usual style. Unfortunately it ended kind of suddenly when I thought it was gonna go at least another 5, was really enjoying a straight forward Misao match

SG Bamboo posted:

Ganbare Pro Love Phantom May 3rd
HM
VenYu (ASUKA and Kamiyu) vs Japan Ganbare Union (Yuna Manase and YuuRI)
- Asuka continues to batter the poo poo out of poor YuuRI, who fights back as much as she can. It's interesting to see Kamiyu in a much snugger environment than TJPW usually is.

Ken Ohka vs Muscle Sakai
- First 5 minutes or so were really hard hitting and a nice surprise, then we got midmatch anime flashbacks about their 20 year history which was
:discourse:

Keisuke ishii and Koki Iwasaki vs Shuichiro Katsumura and Mizuki Watase
- Watase plays the face in peril while Ishii and Iwasaki kick him real goddamn hard. Fantastic stuff, near MOTYC for me. I really wish Ishii was somewhere people watched, despite looking like a goober he is in fact very good

Tatsuhito Takaiwa (c) vs Yumehito Imanari - Spirit of Ganbare Championship
- Imanari shows that when he's not making GBS threads it up in DDT he's actually a really good wrestler. Takaiwa was great as the double hard old bastard throwing bomb after bomb to keep the hometown hero down. Not as good as the previous match but still well worth the watch

GanPro continues to be very good sports entertainment. Check this one out if you have Wrestle Universe, it even comes with English Commentary

nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Defenestrategy posted:

AEW Dark 5/3/22 EP 141.

Honorable Mention: Angelico vs Yuya Uemura. Just a really well put together and executed mat wrestling showcase.

nth this was excellent and also i'll go for

HM: Dante Martin v. Invictus Khash - AEW Dark - 5/3/22

as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not checking but I'm pretty sure Sammy Guevara still leads my MOTYC count with Hangman Page just a little behind. My top 3 matches are:

1. FTR/Briscoes
2. Okada/ZSJ
3. Hangman/Danielson

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
29th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 8
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi

A mostly disappointing final night of block matches, but then this absolutely delivered.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th May
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 9
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi & Kento Miyahara) & Takuya Nomura vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)

2 great teams, both teams with a potential fall guy so the result is never in doubt, very little time wasted. Aoyagi has a beautiful moonsault, Nomura slapping the piss out of disrespectful punks, Kento being Kento, Stronghearts with great team work, Onitsuka was feeling especially spicy and full of vinegar for this one, being a right little poo poo, it's great.

MOTYC
4th May
Champion Carnival Final
Jake Lee vs Yuma Aoyagi

I can't believe it's over. Over the past month I've gotten 6 MOTYC (well, now 7), and 15 HMs, 2 ****½ matches (both featuring Yuma), and as many Nomura singles matches as I'd normally get in a year, what with only watching the bigger BJW shows, from this year's Champion Carnival. All Japan is a heavily under-rated company well worth your time & your ¥900 a month, regularly having 4-5 live shows a month & 1 or 2 that aren't live but are uploaded as same day VODs.

Anyway, this was the best match of the entire tournament, the best match in the company this year, best match of the pandemic era for All Japan & probably the best AJPW match without Best of the Best Kento Miyahara since the big Violent Giants vs Strong BJ Tag in March 2019. It's probably top 10 for me this year with the only question being if it's top 5. Biggest match of Yuma's career and he rises to the occasion.

If you weren't already going to watch this I probably can't interest you but it's really loving good. Amazing finishing stretch. Yuma is one of the best wrestlers under 30 around, Jake more than held up his end, I feel like both finalists came out of this bigger stars than they were when the tournament began back on the 9th April. And the ultimate compliment: I was barely even aware Old Man Wada was the referee despite his counts being more suited for counting Ice ages than seconds

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Street Pro-Wrestling World Championship ~ King of Street Wrestling ~ Final April 23rd
HM
Chris Brookes vs Abdullah Kobayashi
- I was not expecting much from this since Abby's semi final match sucked, but this was a good time. Some moments definitely dragged, but there was some very fun stuff here including interrupting a family's time at the park and Chris rolling down a hill into a giant mountain of chairs

Going from the big epic serious tournament final to a match that begins with both wrestlers wearing "samurai" armour made from cardboard boxes is certainly tonal whiplash.

But I'll second this. It's absolute nonsense in the most fun way

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

Goddamn I could watch them wrestle for hours

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

Nth

Whoever made the Ospreay-Richochet comparison was right on, just...unreal stuff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

nth

is there a level beyond moty

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

4thed. Insane.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

agree. don't ever post in these but this may not have been the absolute best match i saw this year, but it was 100% the best tv match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

the gently caress, nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 5/4

HM: Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Fish
HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Wheeler Yuta, Bryan Danielson, & Jon Moxley vs. AFO (Angelico, Butcher & Blade)
MOTYC Rey Fenix vs. Dante Martin
HM: Deonna Purazzo vs. Mercedes Martinez

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW dynamite may 4

MOTYC Dante v Fenix

Yeah this. Nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jericho vs. Santana
HM: Mercedes vs. Deonna
MOTYC: Fenix vs. Dante

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Jericho vs Santana
MOTYC: Dante Martin vs Rey Fenix
5/4 Dynamite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons posted:

DEFY Wild Ones 4/30

MOTYC: Bollywood Boyz vs. C4
MOTYC: Filthy Tom Lawlor vs. Jon Moxley

This show is up now, strongly recommend.

https://twitter.com/mattfarmer93/status/1522044791411814401

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Jericho vs Santana
MOTYC: Dante Martin vs Rey Fenix
5/4 Dynamite

Yeah agreed

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I really want to watch the Mox/Lawlor match but someone said Mox gets put in a headlock and blood squirts out of his head and now I'm too scared to watch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Dante Martin vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 04/05

Literally gobsmacked

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Ryukyu Dragon Pro Sour-yu Titles
Natural Vibes (Kzy & U-T) vs HIGH-END (Dragon Kid & YAMATO)

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Brave Gate Title
Dragon Dia vs SB KENTo

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Dream Gate Title
KAI vs Susumu Yokosuka

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th May
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi & Kento Miyahara) & Takuya Nomura vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)

2 great teams, both teams with a potential fall guy so the result is never in doubt, very little time wasted. Aoyagi has a beautiful moonsault, Nomura slapping the piss out of disrespectful punks, Kento being Kento, Stronghearts with great team work, Onitsuka was feeling especially spicy and full of vinegar for this one, being a right little poo poo, it's great.

MOTYC
4th May
Champion Carnival Final
Jake Lee vs Yuma Aoyagi

I can't believe it's over. Over the past month I've gotten 6 MOTYC (well, now 7), and 15 HMs, 2 ****½ matches (both featuring Yuma), and as many Nomura singles matches as I'd normally get in a year, what with only watching the bigger BJW shows, from this year's Champion Carnival. All Japan is a heavily under-rated company well worth your time & your ¥900 a month, regularly having 4-5 live shows a month & 1 or 2 that aren't live but are uploaded as same day VODs.

Anyway, this was the best match of the entire tournament, the best match in the company this year, best match of the pandemic era for All Japan & probably the best AJPW match without Best of the Best Kento Miyahara since the big Violent Giants vs Strong BJ Tag in March 2019. It's probably top 10 for me this year with the only question being if it's top 5. Biggest match of Yuma's career and he rises to the occasion.

If you weren't already going to watch this I probably can't interest you but it's really loving good. Amazing finishing stretch. Yuma is one of the best wrestlers under 30 around, Jake more than held up his end, I feel like both finalists came out of this bigger stars than they were when the tournament began back on the 9th April. And the ultimate compliment: I was barely even aware Old Man Wada was the referee despite his counts being more suited for counting Ice ages than seconds

nth to both of these, a fantastic end to a great tournament

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

All of these from the 5/4 Dynamite:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Crapple! posted:

I really want to watch the Mox/Lawlor match but someone said Mox gets put in a headlock and blood squirts out of his head and now I'm too scared to watch

I wouldn't say squirting but there was definitely some dripping. I think Lawlor did more bleeding overall.

I'll throw in an HM for Mox/Lawlor.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 5, 2022

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I wouldn't say squirting but there was definitely some dripping. I think Lawlor did more bleeding overall.

I'll throw in an HM for Mox/Lawlor.

No, the blood spray was when Mox had Lawlor in a headlock, and I gotta admit, it's an image I didn't need to see, so I can understand the hesitance.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kvantum posted:

No, the blood spray was when Mox had Lawlor in a headlock, and I gotta admit, it's an image I didn't need to see, so I can understand the hesitance.

I wasn't sure if that was a stream of blood or blood-soaked strings of hair, though I suppose neither is great if you're averse to gore. The bloody slaps were awesome though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st May
Marvelous 6th Anniversary
Junya Matsunaga & Leo Isaka vs Shigehiro Irie & Shoki Kitamura

HM
1st May
Maria vs Riko Kawahata

HM
1st May
AAAW Title
Takumi Iroha vs Yuu

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Ryukyu Dragon Pro Sour-yu Titles
Natural Vibes (Kzy & U-T) vs HIGH-END (Dragon Kid & YAMATO)

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Brave Gate Title
Dragon Dia vs SB KENTo

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Dream Gate Title
KAI vs Susumu Yokosuka

2nd these.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yes, yes, very yes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: El Desperado & DOUKI vs Jun Kasai & Tomoaki Honma - JTO TakaTaichiMania 2.5 (5/6)

Jesus loving Christ, Desperado and DOUKI are loving nuts to be doing this a week before BOSJ starts. They looked completely hosed up by the end

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maybe Despy just hates the BOSJ schedule so makes sure he gets a match with Jun Kasai just before to take him out of it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki - AEW Rampage 5/6

I thought this would be good because they're both great wrestlers, but wasn't expecting it to be THIS good, and it was very gratifying that the crowd was so into it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 5/6

MOTYC: Ruby Soho & Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter & Britt Baker
MOTYC: Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Jay Lethal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/6

HM from me. Good match, the Top Rope Lariat spot was crazy, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AEW Rampage 5/6

HM: Ruby Soho & Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter & Britt Baker
MOTYC: Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Maybe it's because I got to watch it live but this was a hell of an hour of TV.