Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Geisladisk posted:

The leaks had this photo, which includes the new Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount, as well as these guys standing next to him that are probably the legionaries.

Seems kind of redundant for the faction who already has iconic Heavily Armored Guys (i.e Chaos Warriors) to add another flavour of Heavily Armored Guy. I'd rather not head into the same kind of bloat that Space Marines and Stormcast have where they have multiple redundant units that all do basically the same thing, but one inevitably ends up as the optimal choice.

Also noteworthy that they seem to have both 2h weapon and 1h/shield options.

They look rad though.

I am glad for any new models because I picked up the Start Collecting box, and so have a bunch of Chaos Warriors in one specific style that does not mesh with the old style well enough for me to purchase any old style models. I don't want to buy another SC box because it comes with a big giant chaos guy on a lizard and I don't need more than one of those. So I am excited here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

looks like sylvaneth is getting something

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I wonder if they'll just replace Marauders maybe? Seems like they'd have a lot of overlap otherwise and those sculpts are definitely ready for retirement.

Marauders are still in the new book.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I wonder if they'll just replace Marauders maybe? Seems like they'd have a lot of overlap otherwise and those sculpts are definitely ready for retirement.

Perhaps eventually - Marauders and M Horsemen are definitely still in the table of contents of the leaked battletome though.

I really, really like the design of the newer Warcry Spire Tyrants and Darkoath Savagers, which are broadly similar to classic marauders, but the Warcry scale pisses me off something fierce. All the models are on different size bases, and that would be easy enough to fix, but they're also sized to those bases. So your basic warband fodder (I assume, that's what they are, haven't played Warcry) really is half the size of the warband champions. IMO it makes them look funny as part of a larger army.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Those new cultists and mutants for Chaos Space Marines give me hope that marauders will be updated. I'd love to collect StD without having to use the weird lumpy blobmen that are the best battleline choice.

Also they revealed an alternate build for the Daemon Prince model

Obviously this is the 40k version but I like that head so much more than the weird clown face of the AoS one

Edit:
Even MORE alternate heads

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The Torments look like great Chaos Spawn proxies

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Winklebottom posted:

The Torments look like great Chaos Spawn proxies

wait a second did this guy have the blade strapped to his leg before he died or did the warp go "you know what's super hosed up? matching strapped arm/leg blades!"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
the warp understands the value in drip

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Everything else about those guys owns but the little demon heads aren't doing it for me. Luckily that should be super easy to fix with a kitbash.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

wait a second did this guy have the blade strapped to his leg before he died or did the warp go "you know what's super hosed up? matching strapped arm/leg blades!"

some of the other cultists took pity on the demon since it kept going in circles

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Day 2 of Warhammer Fest, goes on air in less than ten minutes.

And our first reveal is Lord-Master of Stab-Kill! (Skaven Deathmaster.) Time to kill-kill for the Great Rat!

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 5, 2022

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

A single hero for a faction that really needs a general update is bit depressing

looks good though

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Skaven Battletome confirmed for being next in the release pipeline.

And the next reveal is Sylvaneth. Who get more actual units and not just a hero for their new book.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522249396196360194

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 5, 2022

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

more bugs is good

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I'm not getting back into sylvaneth I say as I shrink and turn into a pine cone

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Next reveal is the Ogroid Theridons that got mentioned in the Slaves of Darkness tome leak.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522252076146900993

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Bugs look very nice.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Between updating Skaven and making more Sylvaneth models... I can't blame them for choosing Sylvaneth, I'm sure they sell great. But, Skaven really needs some love.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

huh, a very vague faction update reveal for Cities like the World Eaters yesterday

e: complete with early prototypes

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 5, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And Cities of Sigmar is getting an update as well, but it'll be some time until we get anything concrete about it.

Efb, pretty much like the World Eaters reveal yesterday yeah.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/05/revealed-the-massive-project-to-put-mortals-back-into-mortal-realms

Article up with some previews

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 5, 2022

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

They really like this picture of the coin...

Edit: the "G" in those Sigmar banners makes me think of Goosebumps

Desfore fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 5, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Considering the Empire styled iconography I wonder how much of it will be cross compatible with The Old World.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I wonder if the legacy elves and dwarves will survive in the new Cities faction

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels a bit early to say anything about that.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522255939591671808
Interesting that this one is a ringbind while Chapter Approved is a hardback.

Edit:
And we get not one but two models based on book characters. And both look pretty cool too.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522257367177613315

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 5, 2022

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

New BL books for AoS? And character models? What is this bizzaro universe

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hopefully this means the start of a revival of more AoS novel releases. They at least got a couple of big name writers working on these.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

man, those pants look a bit tight

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
happy for sylvaneth players but that's a pathetically thin reveal stream compared to yesterday's

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Well, AoS always tends to play second fiddle to 40K. They could have shown more from the StD models coming up; the same screenshots that leaked the Daemon Prince showed new Chaos warriors (I think), and a mounted Chaos Lord character.

But, I don't think the 40K stream had THAT much more than this one. They had a bunch of new chaos models (the DP you can use in AoS as well) along with announcing the CSM & eventually WE codices, the squat Trike, and talk about Chapter approved. And Warhammer Plus

Desfore fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 5, 2022

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Don't forget the STD book is in the winter so they're probably saving some of those other new units for more reveals over the coming month.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sure hope they change how clans interact in the new Skaven book so I can actually use the new hero without breaking my army

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Did they mention anything about a new Sylvaneth book, or just the model reveals? My wife is thinking of jumping in with them, but I’ve heard the army just isn’t very good right now.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Funzo posted:

Did they mention anything about a new Sylvaneth book, or just the model reveals? My wife is thinking of jumping in with them, but I’ve heard the army just isn’t very good right now.

book is coming

bit boring that there isn't any new art on the Skaven/Sylvaneth tomes

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

peer posted:

happy for sylvaneth players but that's a pathetically thin reveal stream compared to yesterday's

Ech not at all? Like DP is for both and was first announced for Aos. 40k gets CA and aos gets GH. They get warhammer+ but we get 2 novels. Outside of that 40k got what - 5 csm units and one squat unit+ vague we announcement. Aos Got 1 sylvaneth character+2 units, skaven guy, vampire and ko+1 std units and confirmation on two battletomes + vague dawnbringer announcement. I much prefer this one

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
They didn't do new covers either for slayers or idk so it's probably just gonna be the way it is moving forward

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Winklebottom posted:

man, those pants look a bit tight

That Dwarf is here to sell pro-pain and pro-pain accessories.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Winklebottom posted:

I wonder if the legacy elves and dwarves will survive in the new Cities faction

My buddy that plays Cities Aelves is worried about that, specifically.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I appreciate people want to keep using their models in cities but I do wish the faction could have a more cohesive aesthetic and get away from their "island of misfit toys" look that jamming all that stuff together has produced.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Didn't one of the recent-ish short stories hint at the White Dwarf/Grungni coming back and wanting to unite the dwarves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I was kinda hoping Cities would go in the direction of like Cursed City and have a more Bloodborne-y witch hunter aesthetic. Maybe that will be a subfaction or something - the scrollwork stuff they showed off definitely had that kind of grim fantasy-puritan vibe with all the skulls and ritual comet signs. Right now it has no cohesive identity at all so as much of a bummer as it would be to people who already have armies cobbled together out of old WHFB stuff, nuking the faction and starting from scratch is probably better in the long run.