Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

....Nope. Just trying to make a great thread even greater. And I did expect some initial resistance.

Every thread I read in cspam is pretty much a chat thread right now. I didn't know it was a problem, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

big cummers ONLY posted:

What resources are you all using to gauge spread at this point? My gf and I are never going back to theaters or indoor dining but now that covid is forever, we need to start making compromises to visit friends and family masked. But now it feels impossible to tell when a wave hits because COVID has been accepted as Not A Problem
do yall think it's "safe" (relatively speaking, according to youor individual risk assessment) to invite some friends over if you got a corsi rosenthal cube blasting their asses

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
C-Spam fears the one thread that's actually dedicated to material concerns that people have knowledge and power to fight to impact.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

big cummers ONLY posted:

What resources are you all using to gauge spread at this point? My gf and I are never going back to theaters or indoor dining but now that covid is forever, we need to start making compromises to visit friends and family masked. But now it feels impossible to tell when a wave hits because COVID has been accepted as Not A Problem

The CDC still has the old community transmission map :shrug:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tr...evels&null=Risk

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Fast Luck posted:

do yall think it's "safe" (relatively speaking, according to youor individual risk assessment) to invite some friends over if you got a corsi rosenthal cube blasting their asses

Healthwise absolutely. If you mean socially safe, I think it depends on how loud the cube this

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

if calibanibal isn't joking and is really going to be ik'ing this thread I just want to make it clear that I'm not going to listen to poo poo he says about anything and will continue doing absolutely everything he just said we shouldn't. there is no problem that needs fixing, gently caress off.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Covid positive lady in my local facebook group is asking where to find more cheap / free COVID tests so she can send her asymptomatically positive husband out to get them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm watching the general trend of cases in my area. I don't trust the absolute numbers but I assume that the trend is still reasonably trustworthy. I'm also keeping an eye on wastewater data, though there's only one plant in my vicinity that does wastewater sampling and they only sample once a week so it's very up and down so only worthwhile as a lagging indicator. Other than that I just kind of assume that whatever is happening in New York is gonna hit me about a month later.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
heads up Zoro has Aura 9211’s in stock which are 9210’s with an exhaust valve, might as well stay comfy since no one gives a gently caress anymore

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Personally, I just use my qi to set up a cleansing barrier of light at the entrance to my home, through which only karmically-aligned particles may enter

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Fast Luck posted:

It's cool when peolpe believe that covid is a Chinese lab leak, and then simultaneously sees China doing insane lockdowns and pursuing covid zero, andt hey still dont even pause before going full open biden

It's actually insanely cool that people saw China locking down a city of 20 million people, something that has never been done before in history, and scrambling to build field hospitals in a week, and then seeing cases declared outside of China during the largest human migration event of the year, then seeing cases in Italy, and then being shocked and owned when there are cases in America to the point that they have to come up with mental shortcuts (the specifics depend on political affiliation) to deny the presence of a crisis warranting behavioral change

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

big cummers ONLY posted:

There are resources in the OP for gauging spread listed under "COVID-19 Resources" with direct links to covid tracking hubs but I think at this point we're all just going on the assumption that the air outside your home is covid because you can't get an accurate read when the majority of cases aren't being reported and not even wastewater is getting updated depending on where you live. That being said, google "wastewater [your state or city]".

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Calibanibal posted:

....Nope. Just trying to make a great thread even greater. And I did expect some initial resistance.

oh ok. in that case go gently caress yourself because you're obviously a terrible fit.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

All I'm saying is lets try to focus on COVID discussion and news and less on fashion stuff and like, birds we saw at the park. Short derails are fine but at a certain point the whole thing just devolves into a generic chat thread. And to be clear, I'm not expecting this change to happen over night. We'll work on this together

Please work on shut up.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
How many co2 readers do we need to convince businesses to install co2 scrubbers that don't impact COVID?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

big cummers ONLY posted:

my view has been to adhere to my covid strategy no matter what. never share unfiltered air with anyone outside my household. i don't treat my friends as the list of people that i'm fine getting covid from, because as far as covid is concerned, they're just people. and i know none of them are putting any effort into protecting themselves. hanging out, shaking hands, and hugging are all fine, but my mask only comes off in clean air.

cases go up, cases go down, mask stays on. don't try to negotiate or rules lawyer a virus, only your physical actions matter.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Trolling this thread is so easy, and that's coming from someone that like it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Calibanibal posted:

Healthwise absolutely. If you mean socially safe, I think it depends on how loud the cube this

Why would mods assign an IK just to troll this thread? Like we have actual poo poo to talk about and troll derails really don't belong here.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

I am the new Covid thread mod and I will not change anything about the thread. Now, I will tell a thread regular to stop posting a thing that gets posted regularly without any complaints, and also tell people to stop posting about specific ways to protect themselves against Covid

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

All I'm saying is lets try to focus on COVID discussion and news and less on fashion stuff and like, birds we saw at the park. Short derails are fine but at a certain point the whole thing just devolves into a generic chat thread. And to be clear, I'm not expecting this change to happen over night. We'll work on this together

calalinbal always posts like this i don’t really take it seriously any more. congratudolences on becoming a cop, use the gun responsibly

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

jetz0r posted:

my view has been to adhere to my covid strategy no matter what. never share unfiltered air with anyone outside my household. i don't treat my friends as the list of people that i'm fine getting covid from, because as far as covid is concerned, they're just people. and i know none of them are putting any effort into protecting themselves. hanging out, shaking hands, and hugging are all fine, but my mask only comes off in clean air.

cases go up, cases go down, mask stays on. don't try to negotiate or rules lawyer a virus, only your physical actions matter.

Good reasoning, but for me hanging out, shaking hands, and hugging are very much not fine. No one's getting anywhere near me.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

There are actual stakes involved in avoiding a deadly respiratory virus that most people are pretending doesn't exist, so yeah people care a little bit. That's normal.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teenage Riot posted:

I am the new Covid thread mod and I will not change anything about the thread. Now, I will tell a thread regular to stop posting a thing that gets posted regularly without any complaints, and also tell people to stop posting about specific ways to protect themselves against Covid

just keep posting it he has a short attention span

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

its Calibanibal. dont take it seriously

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Loucks posted:

There are actual stakes involved in avoiding a deadly respiratory virus that most people are pretending doesn't exist, so yeah people care a little bit. That's normal.

Treating Calibanibal as serious is a fool's game.

420Nobody
May 5, 2022

by Pragmatica

hot witch divorcee posted:

yeah my fiancee would likely die if she got it so we are extra paranoid, but it absolutely aggrivates every condition she has to have high co2 in the air and i wasn't doing so hot either. not sure what we'll do if this poo poo gets so infectious even leaving the window open is dangerous. move in with her parents i guess? slowly suffocating and always being lethargic and headachy isn't really an option.

Enable your PMs, please.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm the new IK for this thread, and y'all have been slacking with the pet tax.

Mice can get covid, so I'm keeping myself safe to protect these little ladies.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Treating Calibanibal as serious is a fool's game.

True, but I'm responding to the comment about trolling the thread in general. Anyone running in to say things like "stop talking about masks" or "it's safe to gather with people outside your household" should be shouted down, troll or no.

calling that a successful trolling mission is stupid.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fast Luck posted:

its Calibanibal. dont take it seriously

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1522259711084703745

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Calibanibal posted:

ok but did i ask

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I think judging from how many people ITT actually have covid right now or caught it within the last 2 weeks, we're currently in the highest peak in the worst wave so far in the USA. Or everyone here just very unluckily lives in the worst areas.

I realise this is not accurate or any kind of good measure, and I'm sure it's actually just the start of the wave from looking at the data. But wow. Lots of us have it right now! More than ever before!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

*slaps "no COVID" sticker on front door of venue*

"i did everything right, took every precaution, but in spite of everything-"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chamale posted:

I'm the new IK for this thread, and y'all have been slacking with the pet tax.

Mice can get covid, so I'm keeping myself safe to protect these little ladies.

I'll pay the pet tax

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

david leonhardt alone is responsible for thousands of deaths.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Baffling that anyone can say schools weren't a factor in spreading COVID when everyone's lived experience in January was "Every single person I know with kids in school just caught COVID."

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
75% of children in the country have gotten COVID at least once but they all got it from somewhere other than the place they spend 7-10 hours of their day, obviously duh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ex post facho posted:

Personally, I just use my qi to set up a cleansing barrier of light at the entrance to my home, through which only karmically-aligned particles may enter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

goth smoking cloves posted:

Covid has upgraded to ipv6

Conversion, software version 2.12.1
Looking at cells through the eyes of a virus spike
Cheezing lungs as a pastime activity
The positivity of our city, our city