Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1522034290808209408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lmao just incredible

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the tweet above it is funny (depressing) - Musk beat Bezos in the lunar lander competition and Bezos threw a tantrum about it. he got Congress to make NASA buy the top two types of landers instead of one type. that amendment was to cut out that requirement.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hobbesmaster posted:

the tweet above it is funny (depressing) - Musk beat Bezos in the lunar lander competition and Bezos threw a tantrum about it. he got Congress to make NASA buy the top two types of landers instead of one type. that amendment was to cut out that requirement.

lol so now NASA can only buy the memelord's lunar lander?

lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

This one is the Model 420 and here we have the Model 69 :smug:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

the funny thing is nasa could do it cheaper and better if they got the budget and politicians didn't interfere

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ArmZ posted:

the funny thing is nasa could do it cheaper and better if they got the budget and politicians didn't interfere

I believe you will find these landers are exceptionally efficient at their intended task (moving money from our pockets into the pockets of rich douchebags)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ArmZ posted:

fatal flaw detected

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So why is 49 votes enough to pass something in the Senate now?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ArmZ posted:

NASA has only ever acted as prime integrator, the Apollo lunar module was designed and manufactured by Grumman for example. NASA chose spacex in this case because they blew the other bids out of the water.

NASA’s big problem here is that all the “traditional” defense/space companies merged or realized it’d be better for the remaining ones to create joint ventures like United space alliance (space shuttle) or United launch alliance (atlas, delta iv)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

china gonna have a martian science base while america is still on hold with customer service because one of its rockets bricked mid-flight due to the fact that the touch screen pads needed a firmware update

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

OhFunny posted:

we always have the votes to not help people. that’s just bipartisanship

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yellowcar posted:

china gonna have a martian science base while america is still on hold with customer service because one of its rockets bricked mid-flight due to the fact that the touch screen pads needed a firmware update

nasa forgot to get the DLC addon that makes the rocket not explode on the launchpad. easy mistake

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

OhFunny posted:

They only need more votes when it's things the Democrats are going to vote against but would like you to be a credulous bootlock and pretend they would vote for them if only, like healthcare or money for starving American children

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
do democrats think this is a good look? anyone could have told htem that for the past 50 years one of the few political projects the GOP had was overturning RvW. Is there defense really "we didn't see this coming" lmao

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1522316704247730176

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

evil people lying?

sounds pretty farfetched to me

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

spacemang_spliff posted:

do democrats think this is a good look? anyone could have told htem that for the past 50 years one of the few political projects the GOP had was overturning RvW. Is there defense really "we didn't see this coming" lmao

wHaT aRe YoU gOiNg tO dO AboUt iT

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Democrat response has big calvin "you can't DO that!!!" energy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

spacemang_spliff posted:

Truly the worst thing to come from the SCOTUS news: Kirsten Gillibrand was lied to. What an outrage.

e: Yeah, that Calvin and Hobbes cartoon is a great analogy for the past 40+ years.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Democrat response has big calvin "you can't DO that!!!" energy

lol

C&H so good, my mom got me the complete collection for a birthday gift a couple of years ago and I treasure it

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If they think that's bad, wait until they hear about the president

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

u mad? lmao

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

spacemang_spliff posted:

What lying? I thought the Congress didn't do "litmus tests" with judicial confirmation hearings?

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

bring him back

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

THS2 posted:

bring him back

happy cinco de mayo to my president

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

I was thinking the other day about how FDR probably had more control over there Democratic Party than Xi has over the CCP and would that not make him an AUTHORITARIAN?! but it’s not much of a gotcha because the kind of lib-brained person I would point this out to would probably say “yes he was and it was bad there was no 22nd amendment yet and he could’ve kept winning if he hadn’t died and that’s bad”

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

they think this gives them a valid reason to the lib crowd for not putting it into law the last 40+ years, because hey these justices we confirmed pinky sweared on it so we decided to use our time in congress on other more important things (like insider trading and invading countries illegally)

but now that the scotus peeps are doing this bad thing, if you'll just vote like one or two more times, then we'll get around to doing something about it*

*nancy pelosi couldn't be reached for comment as her phone doesn't have service deep up Cuellar's rear end in a top hat

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I would simply impeach a justice who perjured himself

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/AnarchoWabbit/status/1522279364976529408

An important part in destroying the dems for good, I feel.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/AnarchoWabbit/status/1522279364976529408

An important part in destroying the dems for good, I feel.

all those years of dems making sure felons can never vote finally coming home to roost

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

skipmyseashells posted:

all those years of dems making sure felons can never vote finally coming home to roost

This is just a cavalcade of dem self owns.

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1522290162201513985

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

Remember when bernie had a townhall in harvard and they scaremongered about people in prisons voting? lmao

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Dasar posted:

Remember when bernie had a townhall in harvard and they scaremongered about people in prisons voting? lmao

it made me insanely angry yes I remember

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

remember when Florida voters pushed a referendum to give voting rights back to released felons and the republican controlled legislature just immediately put a poll tax on them so they couldn't and the democrats did: absolutely nothing

e: actually even funnier they appealed it all the way to chud court where all the judges they let mcconnell appoint in exchange for an early vacation upheld the state law

quote:

In May 2020, a federal judge in Florida ruled that the state law was unconstitutional in part. In the ruling, the judge stated that the law discriminates against those who cannot afford to pay and amounts to an unconstitutional tax. The state appealed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which temporarily put the district court's ruling on hold. This hold is called a "stay," something courts can put in place while they decide on a case.

The felons appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, asking them to lift the stay, since it impaired the ability of felons to vote in the August primary election.

The Supreme Court ruled in the state's favor, keeping the stay in place and preventing felons from voting under Amendment 4. In the dissent, Justice Sotomayor argued that the stay "prevents thousands of otherwise eligible voters from participating in Florida's primary election simply because they are poor." She further stated that the Court's inaction condoned disenfranchisement.
but what a strong dissent!! vote!!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dasar posted:

yeah that townhall in particular made me realize that gulags are okay

especially that one girl who sobbed about how Soviet Russia ruined her family and Mr Bernie how dare you threaten to ruin America with your communism

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

THS2 posted:

bring him back

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

OhFunny posted:

it's not passed, it's the position the senate will take when it's talking to the house about what bill they'll both agree on

pageantry has no vote requirement

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/1522377858819268608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

do something. . .by voting for me for president in 2028 or 2032