Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Movie owned. I was hoping for a Tom Cruise showing up as a multiverse Tony Stark but it didn't happen.

Regardless it was fun. I'm not real sure what they're planning to do with Phase 4 since it seems like they were building to Endgame for 10 years and everything now seems like a standalone story with references to each other but I remain hopeful and will still consume all MCU content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Doc Strange 2 spoilers about a very specific thing: They really know how to tug at my heartstrings with music. drat if the brief reprise of the X-Men cartoon theme didn't make me tear up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blood Boils posted:

If the comic is well drawn/written you can usually jump in anywhere and figure out what's going on ime

i really think this movie works fine as a standalone

its not super hard to grasp "witch bad, black magic bad, good wizard fight bad witch"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Movie owned. I was hoping for a Tom Cruise showing up as a multiverse Tony Stark but it didn't happen.

Regardless it was fun. I'm not real sure what they're planning to do with Phase 4 since it seems like they were building to Endgame for 10 years and everything now seems like a standalone story with references to each other but I remain hopeful and will still consume all MCU content

weren't they originally planning on doing Galactus after Thanos, starting with a Silver Surfer movie, and then they shifted gears or did i dream that from another timeline

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Holy hell. For a Marvel movie some of those deaths were brutal. I love you Raimi.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Gotta say though, it was definitely a little suspect that Vision was not only not in this movie, but barely even mentioned.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

precision posted:

weren't they originally planning on doing Galactus after Thanos, starting with a Silver Surfer movie, and then they shifted gears or did i dream that from another timeline

I think they're going more with Kang and a multiversal war per Loki

Bleck posted:

Gotta say though, it was definitely a little suspect that Vision was not only not in this movie, but barely even mentioned.

Yeah, or that all white one or whatever from the Wandavision series

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Breakout star Pizza Papa

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
strange 2 thread

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bleck posted:

Nobody has ever given a poo poo about Vision

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That was bonkers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

josh04 posted:

lol that they gave more lip service to Ultron

who also nobody ever gave a poo poo about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thank you!!! I think even if I am disappointed in the movie after the fact I will be having a total blast in the moment :lol:

so how did it work out for you

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

josh04 posted:

They were my favorite in the capcom arcade machine avengers game

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
If I wanted to watch justice league which version should I watch? Also if I’ve only seen Wonder Woman do I need to watch any of the other origin movies? Wasn’t much of a comic book person so of the justice league I really only know Batman and WW’s origins.

E: also why did they reboot Batman with the guy from twilight?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Boris Galerkin posted:

If I wanted to watch justice league which version should I watch? Also if I’ve only seen Wonder Woman do I need to watch any of the other origin movies? Wasn’t much of a comic book person so of the justice league I really only know Batman and WW’s origins.

Batman reboot was because Ben affleck is a huge alcoholic.

Watch Zack snyders justice league 2021

Not justice league 2017.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Justice League comes before Aquaman's movie so you're fine.

ZL's Justice League 2021 is the one to go for as stated. Man of Steel and BvS are the films that matter that came before it, you'd want the Ultimate Edition for BvS. But realistically you don't even need that entirely if you just want to jump in.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Boris Galerkin posted:

Snyder Cut or nothing.

You can watch Man of Steel and Batman V Superman first, if you want the full story. Both good movies. MoS is probably the most accessible one, then it gets increasingly Snyder (which is good IMO). Aquaman if you feel like it. It's a fun romp, with some cool pulpy visuals. WW is like the least important one, really.

Affleck Batman died in all the drama surrounding the Justice League director change, and Batman gets rebooted constantly anyway. Pattinson is hot poo poo right now after starring in a few well received Films.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Shanty posted:

Affleck Batman died in all the drama surrounding the Justice League director change, and Batman gets rebooted constantly anyway. Pattinson is hot poo poo right now after starring in a few well received Films.

Are we suppose to pretend like the two Batmans are the same person regardless of the actual actor? Or is new Batman just not a part of the same world Gal Gadot and friends are in?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are we suppose to pretend like the two Batmans are the same person regardless of the actual actor? Or is new Batman just not a part of the same world Gal Gadot and friends are in?
It's clearly a different Batman.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's a different continuity, like Joker.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So when are they doing a Batman/Batman/Batman crossover?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Roadie posted:

So when are they doing a Batman/Batman/Batman crossover?

With how Ezra MIller's been doing Batpoint seems more likely to come out than Flashpoint at this uh point.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One, two, batmen lurk before you
That's what I said now

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RBA Starblade posted:

One, two, batmen lurk before you
That's what I said now

Batman's got a pocket full of kryptonite.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Though there's some stuff that points to Pattinson's Batman being initially developed as a Batfleck prequel (early concept art used Affleck as the face, the heavy use of the Nirvana song seems like a holdover from when the movie would've been set in the 90's to align with Affleck's age). If you squint, you could probably pretend they're in the same continuity since there's nothing to explicitly contradict it, but they've definitely diverged in the minds of the filmmakers.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Shanty posted:

Snyder Cut or nothing.

You can watch Man of Steel and Batman V Superman first, if you want the full story. Both good movies. MoS is probably the most accessible one, then it gets increasingly Snyder (which is good IMO). Aquaman if you feel like it. It's a fun romp, with some cool pulpy visuals. WW is like the least important one, really.

Nothing option saves you 6 hours of just awful dull stuff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Upsidads posted:

Man of Steel is pretty fun. Just gamble with 2 hours instead of 8.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Robot Style posted:

Though there's some stuff that points to Pattinson's Batman being initially developed as a Batfleck prequel (early concept art used Affleck as the face, the heavy use of the Nirvana song seems like a holdover from when the movie would've been set in the 90's to align with Affleck's age). If you squint, you could probably pretend they're in the same continuity since there's nothing to explicitly contradict it, but they've definitely diverged in the minds of the filmmakers.

Yeah, the only things that really date it that I can think of are smart phones and social media. Which do firmly establish the timeline of the movie we got, but I can see how they could have been easily added to a script that was meant to take place in the 90’s. (Though I am curious how the Riddler sniper recruitment scene would go without social media. I’m sure there are ways, but that would be one of the only large departures.)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Upsidads posted:

:wrong:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I was off by two hours!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Upsidads posted:

I was off by two hours!

:golfclap:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what if two batman kiss each other :thunkher:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

precision posted:

what if two batman kiss each other :thunkher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01mdGW9-Zg

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
James Wan's Aquaman is the best of the DC comic book movies

too bad about Amber Heard though

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Strange 2 was so much fun and surprisingly unsanitary, by Marvel standards.

A friend had to bail last second so I'm going to see it again in a few weeks.

Man... It was so colorful and weird. Sam Raimi was the perfect choice.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shanty posted:

Snyder Cut or nothing.

Also remains to be seen how that'll shake up anyway between WB getting acquired, Snyder Cut winning an Oscar, Whedon being completely disgraced, the Flash supposedly getting massive reshoots after it was originally supposedly going to be definitively writing out the Snyderverse, and superhero movies being all about meta now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Man... It was so colorful and weird. Sam Raimi was the perfect choice.

It'd be cool if he wanted to direct a few more entries into the MCU.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Upsidads posted:

Yeah, best choice if you don't dig Snyder for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

teagone posted:

It'd be cool if he wanted to direct a few more entries into the MCU.

Directing Marvel films seems like a pretty good gig. You don't get total creative freedom, but you still get to have your fingerprints on the movie. You get a giant team of professionals at your disposal with some good to great actors. You probably end up making a good deal of money on it and you know you're pretty much gonna have a movie that's number one at the box office so you can put that on your resume. And you can use all that money and recognition to help your passion projects.