Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm now officially unemployed. It feels weird :confuoot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I know this conversation is a little last page, but someone spin me a yarn about living in a country that isn't trying its damnedest to crush 99.9 percent of it's population to dust between death and poverty :allears:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

rear end-penny posted:

I know this conversation is a little last page, but someone spin me a yarn about living in a country that isn't trying its damnedest to crush 99.9 percent of it's population to dust between death and poverty :allears:

i just speed lurked to the end of this thread and can offer you this picture of the local citizens where i live

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

i just speed lurked to the end of this thread and can offer you this picture of the local citizens where i live

you know, a racoon has never passed legislation that harms my friends :hmmyes:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Dr. Honked posted:

YESSSSSSSSSS

Heather Papps

hello friend

raccoons are notorious for their harsh treatment of crayfish

today i moved gravel, and tomorrow i'm going to move some more, and have a teenager working for me. i am not super fond of working with teenagers as co workers because they have mush brains. a few years ago when i was a warehouse manager we had the owners accountants son work with us for a summer, and darcy was special. he would constantly extend the blade of box cutters fully, then try and flip them in the air and catch them by the handle. i got so annoyed with this i went to every box cutter in the building, put in fresh blades, and then told darcy i had done this, and not to play with the knives as they were going to be very sharp.

the day passes, and darcy doesn't return from lunch like everyone else. i go looking for him and find him in the break room with his shirt covered in blood. i asked what happened, and he tells me that in order to see just how sharp the blades were he had taken one of the knives and ran it across his palm, while wearing light work gloves. it wasn't a deep cut but i will never forget this story because well i mean you just read it.

the end trains are neat but i haven't ridden em since i was a treeplanter going far north for work.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

As my uncle likes to say, ‘I just can’t think of enough things to tell those kids not to do’

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. Honked posted:

They look ready to commit some crimes with you, any favorite crimes to commit with your pets?

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

I paid off the collections agency today.

The experience was not dissimilar to dealing with a small business run by that one weird uncle who is unwilling to pay an extra 50 cents for the metal screwdriver instead of the entirely plastic one.

more falafel please

forums poster

cruft posted:

I paid off the collections agency today.

The experience was not dissimilar to dealing with a small business run by that one weird uncle who is unwilling to pay an extra 50 cents for the metal screwdriver instead of the entirely plastic one.

I had to do this for a $20 copay that I couldn't pay at the time of visit, couldn't pay online, and the check I mailed in never cleared. it meant that 6 years later they wouldn't approve me for a mortgage despite having otherwise perfect credit. eventually i called the collections agency and paid the drat thing, which of course didn't remove it from my credit report, because those things are permanent, you can't just have a bill go to collections and expect it to go away ever. oh, but it turns out, weird coincidence, they have a $50 credit deletion service, if i might be interested in that

the whole thing's a racket

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

this doesn't seem like the best time to discuss how stressed out i was all day because i had to and then did fire someone

pixaal

Bo-Pepper posted:

this doesn't seem like the best time to discuss how stressed out i was all day because i had to and then did fire someone

Sometimes there just isn't anything to be done. From your posting I think of you as some one that would go above and beyond to try and keep someone if it was in your power, and if they did something very stupid you'd try and work it out so they can fix it. I'm sure you did all this and you were still stressed about it. Relax, you did everything. It's just something that happens. You don't need to share details unless you think it will help. You aren't that mean consultant that comes in and axes half the staff so the stock goes up $1.25

sig by owlhawk911

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
The insurance company back-pedaled and I'm... back to having the surgery covered. So on the one hand, hurray, on the other hand, I'm pissed I had a panic detour away from the outcome they'd promised to begin with.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

The insurance company back-pedaled and I'm... back to having the surgery covered. So on the one hand, hurray, on the other hand, I'm pissed I had a panic detour away from the outcome they'd promised to begin with.

I'm really happy for you!

My dad is fond of reminding me that insurance companies don't make money by paying claims.

cruft fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 5, 2022

cruft

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm sorry. I think you're free to vent in here, right? That's part of the whole deal, as I understand it.

Anyway that is a real bad feeling and I always take small comfort in knowing at least it ruins my day, which suggests that I'm not a horrible monster.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
HW I am so relieved that things have worked out for you! It is still total bullshit that they put you through all that for literally no reason though. I hope you are able to take the space to chill and look after yourself for the rest of today :love:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Ass-penny

How Wonderful! posted:

that was bs they put you through that ordeal, but I'm very glad you're covered again!

Heather Papps

hello friend

doing a little dance

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

gently caress, I'm thrilled that they are approving it. I'm angry they put you through it and I wish they'd gently caress off with their bullshit.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

Bo-Pep I know you do everything you can to ensure your employees are happy, healthy and doing well, so I have absolute faith that you did nothing wrong here. I hate that you were put in that position in the first place, and I know it won't make it better knowing you did the right thing. But just know that I think you're pretty great and the awful sick feeling does dull over time.

Activia

Goal: some kind of neat moth

How Wonderful! posted:

great news! sorry about all the crap they put you through.

thanks deep dish peat moss for the Pomelo Princess!

pixaal

How Wonderful! posted:

Sometimes people are just jerks like that. It works out so no reason to get more worked up about it! You won! Yeah!

sig by owlhawk911

Activia

Goal: some kind of neat moth
now I can’t stop thinking about how the next time I ride the train if I do the transfer wrong I could get arrested by the Train Police and have to go to Train Court and possibly do time in Train Jail

thanks deep dish peat moss for the Pomelo Princess!

JohnnyQPublic
Greetings all you lot.....

New old geezer on the block (crap I turn 47 in August)

Spend my days working from home streaming music on Spotify, and starting insurance claims.

Self professed Sci-Geek/Disney nerd/Marvel/DC/Fantasy nerd.

I have seen way to many movies and binged way to much TV/Movies.

I am avid Astros fan (yea I know they cheated but so did everyone else).

Heather Papps

hello friend

JohnnyQPublic posted:

Spend my days working from home streaming music on Spotify, and starting insurance claims.

yes but do you have a pet

Heather Papps

hello friend

JohnnyQPublic posted:

or perhaps a favourite crime to commit? heck, if you can draw a dragon i'd be grateful.

JohnnyQPublic

Heather Papps posted:

yes but do you have a pet

I have 2 dogs, and my daughter is the lizard/reptile Queen (2 lizards, some kid of boa. and soon to have a bearded dragon)...I help with the dogs but do nothing with the repltiles..

cruft

JohnnyQPublic posted:

I have 2 dogs, and my daughter is the lizard/reptile Queen (2 lizards, some kid of boa. and soon to have a bearded dragon)...I help with the dogs but do nothing with the repltiles..

We're going to need photographic evidence of these alleged dogs :cop:

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

We're going to need photographic evidence of these alleged dogs :cop:

Aaaaaand the reptiles :twisted:

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

so... tempting.... MUST..... RESIST

Considering changing my name to WC Defekt.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

How Wonderful! posted:

WC DEFEKT would be a primo username

Dammit!

Robot Made of Meat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

where are you goin on the train GaG i hope it is somewhere fun and pleasant and chill and exciting

I also hope that Trans-Europe Express by Kraftwerk is playing constantly.

But then, that's a thing I hope under most circumstances anyway.

Robot Made of Meat

cruft posted:

Hold on there, pal. First I suggest you do an image search on "poop shelf".

Yeah, Germany sounds great right up until I remember this.

Robot Made of Meat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

pepermint schnapps is foul and makes me vomit reminds me of my teenage years

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

pixaal posted:

They look ready to commit some crimes with you, any favorite crimes to commit with your pets?

it's illegal to give them snacks in town. i don't live in town but i give them snacks to equip them for a life of crime should they move to the big city

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cardi BYOB posted:

HELLO HI WELCOME

GAZE UPON MY CAT PLS?

HI THANK

I have gazed upon this fine cat and approve

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I have gazed upon this fine cat and approve

THANK

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We are watching Airplane and I am entertained. The cat is not entertained and has yelled the entire time.

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Cardi BYOB posted:

We are watching Airplane and I am entertained. The cat is not entertained and has yelled the entire time.

Chose the wrong week to quit catnip. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

it's 3.30 am and I just woke up for some reason and now I'm considering watching airplane again, too, because we're just counting on it