Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Bart was born ten years ago, so 1998

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

:kstare:

I'm seeing double here! Four naked Conans with a tail!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

CPColin posted:

Bart was born ten years ago, so 1998

:corsair: my bones are dust

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Unmute
https://i.imgur.com/QOJ5Lr4.mp4

all apologies to JuiceOne

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

And as the prophecy foretold, psalm posting is funny

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
More King of the Hill combinatory value memes!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

TK-42-1 posted:

And as the prophecy foretold, psalm posting is funny

No, no. POSTING about psalm posting is funny.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ComfyPants posted:

Unmute

:dudsmile:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

ComfyPants posted:

Unmute

Amazing

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

lol

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Kitfox88 posted:

:corsair: my bones are dust

dusty old bones full of green dust

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
honestly never noticed before how many of the psalms were just david being a dumb weiner dork mad about bullying

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

this rules ComfyPants, I thought it was JuiceOne for sure

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ComfyPants posted:

Unmute

why is this funny

i dont understand

i cant stop laughing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sorry to go back to how did the simpsons afford their house talk but homer's job would presumably be extremely well paid lol. its not blue collar at all

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

honestly never noticed before how many of the psalms were just david being a dumb weiner dork mad about bullying

Probably upset at all those people saying that it was Elhanan who killed Goliath, not him.

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jose posted:

sorry to go back to how did the simpsons afford their house talk but homer's job would presumably be extremely well paid lol. its not blue collar at all

They were in the house before he became safety inspector. I think that eventually gets a bit muddled though in the Maggie origin episode because the job he goes crawling back to Burns for doesn't seem like the one he had at the start of the series.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i just want to get to psalm 139 so we can talk about my favorite doom level, perfect hatred

Samovar posted:

Probably upset at all those people saying that it was Elhanan who killed Goliath, not him.

probably misses his old giant

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Deviant posted:

i just want to get to psalm 139 so we can talk about my favorite doom level, perfect hatred

Is that the one shaped like a hand?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Is that the one shaped like a hand?

no, it's just considered one of the most difficult levels in ultimate doom, e4m2

edit: oh i get it now

Deviant fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 6, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"I'm tired of these WADs about my giant hand. The first such incident occurred in 1993 when..."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lobok posted:

They were in the house before he became safety inspector. I think that eventually gets a bit muddled though in the Maggie origin episode because the job he goes crawling back to Burns for doesn't seem like the one he had at the start of the series.

IIRC that episode also has Santa's Little Helper, who Homer acquired at the start of the series, so the timeline's fuzzy at best. Could always put it down to that episode being a not entirely reliable flashback. (aside from the shotgun advertising, of course)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Deviant posted:

no, it's just considered one of the most difficult levels in ultimate doom, e4m2

edit: oh i get it now

I wasn't making a joke, some light googling shows that I was incorrectly thinking of e3m2, Slough of Despair, which is a cool rear end level.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Jose posted:

They're inconsistent about it, like when Homer began selling sugar Marge mentioned he lost $40 for not going to work that day. I was confused about if he lost a day's pay or if a no-show/no-call meant he got his regular salary but was fined $40? If he's only making $40 a day he's barely breaking $10k a year and it doesn't seem like they're that poor.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They're inconsistent about it, like when Homer began selling sugar Marge mentioned he lost $40 for not going to work that day. I was confused about if he lost a day's pay or if a no-show/no-call meant he got his regular salary but was fined $40? If he's only making $40 a day he's barely breaking $10k a year and it doesn't seem like they're that poor.

He makes more than that but not much more. We see his pay stub in the bear patrol episode:

If that's his weekly pay (40 hours is noted at the top), he makes 18,109.50 per year in 1996 dollars, or about 33,140 today (after tax).

That's pretty low, but he does have a union, so he gets some benefits. And while it doesn't seem like a Burns kind of thing to do, it's possible that his job, having started in the mid 80s, still has one of those incredible bonus policies where he gets nearly 100% of his salary on top at Christmas. If we go with that assumption, he's making $66,000-ish net, which is a good amount for a family to live on in small town America.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think we've heard enough from King David. Let's hear from George now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

ComfyPants posted:

Unmute

Hahahahaha! I love it.