Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Shops don’t like to admit that? Isn’t that how they stay in business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I get real sad when I'm flipping through record bins and someone's obviously had to dump their collection of a particular artist, but hey, I absolutely needed this copy of Water Curses. :hellyeah:

Also they had Ween's Quebec up on the wall for $150, goddamn.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 5, 2022

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Also they had Ween's Quebec up on the wall for $150, goddamn.

I bought that for $25 from K-Mart.com thanks to this thread!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BigFactory posted:

K-Mart.com

:pressf:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

A bunch of artists on the label all left at the same general time. Not a lot of people willing to speak on the record but general consensus seems to be that the label is intentionally shelving their artists music. This pitchfork article is a good starting point.

https://pitchfork.com/news/did-chromatics-album-dear-tommy-ever-exist-in-the-first-place/

It all seems vaguely gaslighty. Chromatics splitting up in the way they (three of the four members released a statement that the band was over, no reference to the fourth member of the band….who is also the head of IDIB). Generally bad vibes overall and the music that has come from the label since all that is not great
Y'know, I never quite considered just how much effort it would take to destroy 25,000 of something. You certainly don't go to the warehouse and crack them in half one by one.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

hatelull posted:

Curious as to what your take on that actually was ...

I'm a sucker for this sort of music in general, so I'm pretty into it. Definitely going to have to check out the original. Kind of a tragic backstory too, but they didn't seem to paper over it either, so I can respect that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The Vinyl Thread - hardcore of people with disorders that make them obsessively collect

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

pwn posted:

That sucks about Italians :( They were good people.

Pics my man, please! You got the Monorail edition? That one sold out immediately.

Edit: Speaking of pics, here's a few from the past couple weeks.

The standard edition with the signed art print

The band signing the Monorail edition

Didn't expect to see this, Monorail is a wonderful place that I used to go to a lot as an undergrad. Food was great too.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Were people still looking for the Tron soundtrack?

https://www.vinyljunkies.net/products/daft-punk-tron-legacy-soundtrack-2lp?_pos=1&_psq=daft+punk+tron&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Yoink

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just found out yesterday that the second record’s B-Side has songs that the CD just doesn’t have. So yeah, also ordered.

Amazon has it at about the same price if you have Prime, but this thread taught me not to trust their packaging.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It's interesting how different studios handle preorders. As I posted a couple of days ago, Matador shipped my Belle and Sebastian nearly a week before it was released and I got it a few days in advance.

Columbia so far has only made a shipping label for my Arcade Fire album, which also came out today. Who knows when I'll actually get it. Meanwhile there have been reports of the record showing up in actual record shops for the past week.

Edit: People are pointing out in this thread that the blue edition of the vinyl appears to mistakenly have a cursor left on it. I'm pretty sure that's the version I ordered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcadefire/comments/ujltvu/is_the_spotify_blue_vinyl_supposed_to_have_a/

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 6, 2022

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Depression shopping led me to my local record store again... but I picked up a few bangers.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Nihonniboku posted:

It's interesting how different studios handle preorders. As I posted a couple of days ago, Matador shipped my Belle and Sebastian nearly a week before it was released and I got it a few days in advance.

Columbia so far has only made a shipping label for my Arcade Fire album, which also came out today. Who knows when I'll actually get it. Meanwhile there have been reports of the record showing up in actual record shops for the past week.

Edit: People are pointing out in this thread that the blue edition of the vinyl appears to mistakenly have a cursor left on it. I'm pretty sure that's the version I ordered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcadefire/comments/ujltvu/is_the_spotify_blue_vinyl_supposed_to_have_a/

lol that'll be worth a bundle to someone I'm sure.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nihonniboku posted:

Lol at the cursor, I like it.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
WeWantSounds has a 15% off bandcamp Friday sale if anyone might be interested in their stuff.

promo code: wewantsounds

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Frozen Peach posted:

Depression shopping led me to my local record store again... but I picked up a few bangers.

hell yeah, SOAD. I've been waiting about 2 months for guitar center to send me my toxicity

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

The smaller the label the more they actually care is the the thing. Big labels are just "gently caress you, give us your money.".

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

found this 2022 record store day exclusive, didn't even know they were reissuing this —— and on ~blue sea glass~ color vinyl —— very happy to find it. great unsung mid-70s hazy psych pop album that deserves more attention

samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZIkdqkH-7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYJPEaHbrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ox2K3cN_Q

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

CatBlack posted:

hell yeah, SOAD. I've been waiting about 2 months for guitar center to send me my toxicity

Toxicity is the last SOAD I need

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

My Dawn FM collector's edition order finally arrived after four months, While I do wish the record was colored, I absolutely love the cover art of the exclusives.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Went to an "antique mall" today.

Alan Parsons Project - I, Robot

Yes - The Yes Album

Styx - Caught in the Act Live

ELO - Can't Get It Out of My Head

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Bought a lot of records at an estate sale auction. Some stuff I’ll probably never listen to but some good stuff too.

Just a handful, there are probably 15 more

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Witeldram posted:

My Dawn FM collector's edition order finally arrived after four months, While I do wish the record was colored, I absolutely love the cover art of the exclusives.

I love Robert Beatty's art style so much.

This is one of my favorites of his.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

BigFactory posted:

Bought a lot of records at an estate sale auction. Some stuff I’ll probably never listen to but some good stuff too.

Just a handful, there are probably 15 more

drat. Nice haul

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hit the Six Kallax threshhold today

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Went to a harsh noise show and a band was selling heavily vandalized records from yard sales and flea markets. A few of them had stab marks from a knife. I got this one because it has that hammer and sickle on the cover and I have a large tattoo of one.

This is who that came from. There's some pretty severe gore at that link.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Oddly comforting that the spirit of rotten dot com hasn't yet been fully extinguished from this modern internette

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

. There's some pretty severe gore at that link.

Ya got me. I thought this was going to be "gore" as in other vandalized records. :gonk:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

wa27 posted:

Ya got me. I thought this was going to be "gore" as in other vandalized records. :gonk:

Nah, the majority of my music collection has album covers like that.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was at my local closeout store and saw they had these, making me think of all the goons who ordered the legacy set.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I need to know where to buy this shirt.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

Nah, the majority of my music collection has album covers like that.

I'm a wuss and the "pencil-in-ear" cover of Electriclarryland by the Butthole Surfers grosses me right the gently caress out. :ohdear:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

I was at my local closeout store and saw they had these, making me think of all the goons who ordered the legacy set.

Ollie's has records?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

stealie72 posted:

Ollie's has records?

They’re between the illustrated bibles and the illustrated bibles (with Bluetooth).

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

BigFactory posted:

They’re between the illustrated bibles and the illustrated bibles (with Bluetooth).
Oh, in the Bible aisle. Got it. Thats the one next to the Large Picture Books About Dad Subjects aisle, right?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CPL593H posted:

I need to know where to buy this shirt.

https://blackgoldbrooklyn.square.site/

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

stealie72 posted:

Oh, in the Bible aisle. Got it. Thats the one next to the Large Picture Books About Dad Subjects aisle, right?

Yup. Between the crosswords and the snacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

I'm a wuss and the "pencil-in-ear" cover of Electriclarryland by the Butthole Surfers grosses me right the gently caress out. :ohdear:

This is also known as being well adjusted.